Tony and Chelsea Northrup’s book

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Can't stand these two - it's like they've been able to 'social media-ise' photography and care more about their internet personas than other more informative writers/YouTubers.
Don't know this couple, so neither dislike or like them, watched a couple of their videos, he comes across as a pleasant chap.
Much more watchable than the shouty tatted up angry photographer bloke, probably just an act I know.

Wouldn’t have minded their gig, travelling all over the globe taking photos with the latest gear.
Probably would have got over a few random webgoers not liking me.

GTG

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Can't stand these two - it's like they've been able to 'social media-ise' photography and care more about their internet personas than other more informative writers/YouTubers.
My thoughts exactly but I think they care more about their salary rather than internet personas.

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Even for free I wouldn't take a look. They come out with books on cameras they've barely touched for a week, biggest shills in the business.
Really? Can you link to any of those books? I can only find their Buying Guide, Photoshop, Lightroom and Digital Photography books.

Like nearly everyone else on YouTube, they've monetised social media, you either like that or hate that, but I'm not sure the Northrups are any worse.

They do, do videos on cameras (user guides, I think) but they're pretty much the same as many other YouTube photographers in that regard.

Like or dislike them, I'm pretty sure they're not shills.

Name
Kell
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for the link.

Didn't I read somewhere that there are rules surrounding pictures of the Eiffel tower lit up at night?

It's one of the first pictures in their book. I wonder how their licencing is working out now that they've made the book free.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Internet version of Bryan Peterson, he of the very overrated book with many gratuitous photos of his missus.

With the the Northrup's videos as ever there is the off switch, had a flick through the book, no reason not to have it taking up a bit of memory on my tablet