Tony and Chelsea Northrup’s book

Looks worth a read......pdf downloaded :)

Can't stand these two - it's like they've been able to 'social media-ise' photography and care more about their internet personas than other more informative writers/YouTubers.

Don't know this couple, so neither dislike or like them, watched a couple of their videos, he comes across as a pleasant chap.
Much more watchable than the shouty tatted up angry photographer bloke, probably just an act I know.

Wouldn’t have minded their gig, travelling all over the globe taking photos with the latest gear.
Probably would have got over a few random webgoers not liking me.

^^^ What he said.
I've had a skim through the book and it seems like a pretty good beginners guide and good on'em for making it freely available. It's got to be up there amongst the best free photography books available.

Can't stand these two - it's like they've been able to 'social media-ise' photography and care more about their internet personas than other more informative writers/YouTubers.
Which writers would you recommend?

My thoughts exactly but I think they care more about their salary rather than internet personas.

TBH I found it incredibly useful as a relative novice. The early youtube videos were also clear and concise and I felt Tony came across better than Mike Browne (who I also like).

I must admit I do find them a bit 'showbiz American' but will download the book to see what it's like (being a fairly new amateur there is bound to be something of use in there).

Even for free I wouldn't take a look. They come out with books on cameras they've barely touched for a week, biggest shills in the business.

Really? Can you link to any of those books? I can only find their Buying Guide, Photoshop, Lightroom and Digital Photography books.

Like nearly everyone else on YouTube, they've monetised social media, you either like that or hate that, but I'm not sure the Northrups are any worse.

They do, do videos on cameras (user guides, I think) but they're pretty much the same as many other YouTube photographers in that regard.

Like or dislike them, I'm pretty sure they're not shills.

Internet version of Bryan Peterson, he of the very overrated book with many gratuitous photos of his missus.

With the the Northrup's videos as ever there is the off switch, had a flick through the book, no reason not to have it taking up a bit of memory on my tablet

Back