Toothie's 52 - All the way to the end

Name
Ruth
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so I am a total wimp and can't comment to a 365 or a 182 so as i do need a challenge for my photography i jumped on the 52 band wagon from this thread.

Hopefully it will give me some insight and help me improve my photography, my aim is to take the given theme and use it to do something challenging.

My first picture gave me a big challenge but as it turns out yo can't mess with physics so i had to make a compromise either learn photoshop in a week or make the image slightly different.

As i have no desire to learn photoshop (i use LR) and opted to change the image and actually i am pleased with the results and happy that i thought outside the box a little to get an image i was happy with.

Thanks to the guys on the irc chatroom for there help and suggestions which gave me the idea to solve the problem.

so enough chit chat here it is.

Time to Reflect

Last edited:
Owwwww, it hurts my head! Great idea though, I'd love to know how you did it! (I'm hoping it's something to do with breaking the laws of physics, please tell me it wasn't just a copy and paste job!)

Chris

That's a great shot Ruth. Best of luck for your 52.

Ok so I am a total whip

Got something else on your mind? ;)

A great pic to start, and I'm another who doesn't know how you did it. Two watches?

Got something else on your mind? ;)

A great pic to start, and I'm another who doesn't know how you did it. Two watches?

Or the watch face was selected and rotated in PS?

Nicely done, better get on with thinking about this one. Did you use a bit of coathanger or card to balance the watch upside down ?

it must either be 2 clocks OR edited or the 12's would be together in the reflection

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

It was meant to be a simple reflection, but because of the glass face the reflection had ghosting on with spoilt it for me, was in the the irc room and alexisonfire copied and fliped it, although this looked good i dont have ps or the skill to do it, i considered using ps and learning it as part of the 52 but tbh i didn't really want to. So i was sat here thinking what can i do? When the idea struck me its round so i cloned the original clock face onto the reflection, and i thought it looked good a reflection but not a reflection so i kept it as my image :)

I do like that (y)
Very clever :clap:

nice one toothie, cracking concept and pic

Well thought out shot Ruth and I like your approach to solving the pp problem.

:clap:

Great start! Looking forward to seeing next weeks

Very clever, a good start I think. Good luck for the next 51, History next which is going to be interesting I think. I have an idea, not sure if it will translate into a photograph though.

Time to Reflect

That's a great shot, most shots I see of clocks and watches normally have the time showing ten past ten. I think if you redow the shot so the time is twenty to fiveish it will be even more striking :)

Love that! The reversed watch face is a lovely touch. :clap:

Very good image and really well thought out.

looking forward to your next 51.

Hi all well here is my image representing history, now you might ask how a book, pen and mug represent history and i wouldn't blame you, well its my personal history.

I was a bit stumped with what to do this week to be honest and all my idea seemed a little morbid. you nearly ended up with a picture of a sea defences bunker from WW2 (on Flickr if you want to see). But i decided that was no less morbid than my personal history.

So here you have it.

So what does it mean?

I am a trained nurse and it took a lot to get here. Being Dyslexic i always struggled with academic work. Many hours were spent on the dinning room table writing essays and revising for exams. Many caffeinated drinks were consumed to get me through it and in the end i did. I passed and for 8 years i have been looking after the sick children of Kent. The focus in on the pen which my sister gave me when i graduated out of the whole experience the graduation is my fondest memory and as the picture does i focus on this part of my past. The book in the image is open to the page of this poem since doing my GCSE's, it has always made me laugh and reminded me good spelling isn't everything.

Gust Becos I Cud Not spel

Gust becos I cud not spel
It did not mean I was daft
When the boys in school red my riting
Some of them laffed

But now I am the dictater
They have to rite like me
Utherwise they cannot pas
Ther GCSE

Some of the girls wer ok
But those who laffed a lot
Have all bean rownded up
And hav recently bean shot

The teacher who corrected my speling
as not been shot at al
but four the last fifteen howers
as bean standing up against a wal

he has to stand ther until he can spel
figgymisgrugifooniyn the rite way
I think he will stand ther forever
I just invented it today

Brian Patten

one last comment is that i am truly thankful to word, google and firefox with out your spell checks I would not be here today;)

Very good. Love the Poem, and the image says so much (y) Really like that.

Nice pic Ruth and a cute mug ;) This has impact for me not just because of the photograph itself but because of the story behind it. The narrative and meaning is what really delivers for me :)

Keep it up!

Lovely picture, lovely poem. Thanks for sharing Ruth. (y)

Like you I decided to do a 52. Couldn't commit to a shot a day. Like the result of this weeks challenge. Very creative. Nicely exposed and composed. Beautifully sharp and super clarity in the reflection. Good luck with this weeks (y)

A piece of personal history and very good too - great poem as well :) Such diverse interpretations of the themes makes this a fascinating exercise

Well done Ruth - nice one :)

Back