Toothie's 52 - All the way to the end

Very creative, you must have a blue peter badge :D

Really fun image too, well done.

Hi all well this week gave me all kind of challenges to be honest. I wanted to take a shot of the Aliens having fun outside but bad weather and i lack of garden i didnt have any luck. so at 1030 on sunday night i needed a new idea, indoors with zero light.
This is the result:

Alien 4683 was extreamly happy that he didnt have to stand in line on the hot harsh reflective plantet and was free to have some fun exploring :D

:LOL::LOL::clap:
very cool

Sorry Ruth seem to have missed a few of your shots!!

Night: Well seen and taken, good colouring/clarity and the angle is fab!! :clap:

Highlight: *** a sweetheart!!! I love the way children in formal wear always look like they still need another year to grow into it!!:LOL:

Fun: These little characters are from my favourite film of all time!!! I love the way this shot has been set up it is nothing short of brilliant!! To infibity and beyond, as my son used to say when he was four!! :clap: :clap:

:LOL::LOL::clap:
very cool

Sorry Ruth seem to have missed a few of your shots!!

Night: Well seen and taken, good colouring/clarity and the angle is fab!! :clap:

Highlight: *** a sweetheart!!! I love the way children in formal wear always look like they still need another year to grow into it!!:LOL:

Fun: These little characters are from my favourite film of all time!!! I love the way this shot has been set up it is nothing short of brilliant!! To infibity and beyond, as my son used to say when he was four!! :clap: :clap:

Thanks to both of you, it seems at least i have made a few people smile :D

Well this week was really hard for me i just couldn't think of an idea, then inspiration struck Easy Money ok but i don't have any :( Well ok i have a little mostly the change lying around my flat so here it is my easy money.

Thanks for looking :D

Ruth just catching up as ever - your FUN made me chuckle :) What dedication to set that up :) Somewhere between Genius and Madness ;) S'good! I like it!

Easy :) Good idea re the money (I was half expecting to see a DVD there with the same name :) I think the DVDs distract a little though :(

The money is spot on, and works great... I find the DVD's a bit confusing though...

I have to agree. In regards to the money you're "on the money" (sorry, I couldn't resist!). The DOF is spot on too. But the DVDs are out of place for me.

In regards to the theme I love it :clap:.

Thanks for the feedback guys i think it would have made more sence if you could see the shelf and the fact it was lying around.

Background is a bit distracting but its a good enough shot, not up there with your best but works ok.

Thanks for the feedback guys i think it would have made more sence if you could see the shelf and the fact it was lying around.

I agree with everyone else re the DVD's and think your right - because it looks quite ordered it is as though you have put the DVD's there for a specific reason - but the reason isn't obvious. If you had more of a feel that the coins were just lying around waiting to be grabbed it would work better.

Sorry I missed you Fun shot...He He He Lovely set up...works so well for the theme...:clap::clap::clap:

Easy I like the money part of the shot if you cropped out the DVDs it would work much better and focus on the real subject...the coins...(y)

you know what I'm going to say don't you! :naughty:
The dof on the coins is spot on though.

Mark(y)

I really like the idea behind this, and the focus on the money is spot-on.

I'm not going to be boring and comment on the DVDs, but I think that maybe if you could have conveyed the idea of "easy" money a bit more clearly . . . coppers found down the side of the sofa / coins fallen in the gutter / something like that :shrug:

Sorry I missed you Fun shot...He He He Lovely set up...works so well for the theme...:clap::clap::clap:

Easy I like the money part of the shot if you cropped out the DVDs it would work much better and focus on the real subject...the coins...(y)

Thanks glad you like fun tbh it seems to be the kind of photography i do best :)

you know what I'm going to say don't you! :naughty:
The dof on the coins is spot on though.

Mark(y)

i think i can guess thanks Mark

I really like the idea behind this, and the focus on the money is spot-on.

I'm not going to be boring and comment on the DVDs, but I think that maybe if you could have conveyed the idea of "easy" money a bit more clearly . . . coppers found down the side of the sofa / coins fallen in the gutter / something like that :shrug:

now thay would have been better ideas, why didn't i think of them :(

Easy: nice idea re the easy money and I love the DoF, and different colours that you have captured in the coins. :clap::clap:

Well i have to say i was pleased with this theme. There could have been 100s of images i used this week, i love high colour iamges :)

In the end i went with this it is my philips living colour mood light there are a few other images on my flickr but this is the one i am going with.

Thanks for looking :D

ok no-one leaves this galaxy until i find out who stepped on saturn :p

groovy colours T

Last edited:
Oooh I'm loving the alien fun shot! Completely surreal and ... FUN! :D

Liking the colour picture too, it does look like a galaxy :) Beautiful colours there.

ok no-one leaves this galaxy until i find out who stepped on saturn :p

groovy colours T

Oooh I'm loving the alien fun shot! Completely surreal and ... FUN! :D

Liking the colour picture too, it does look like a galaxy :) Beautiful colours there.

Thanks guys, i didn't see that it looked like a galaxy till you pointed it out, maybe i should have included an alien or 2 :D

Late commenting this week but at least it meand I comment on next week´s at the same time ;)

I agree with everything that has been said about Easy Money (that´s the problem with commenting late, everything has already been said :()

Colour, I love this one Ruth, what a cracking shot that looks out of this world. Colours are great, composition is spot on and the framing just sets it off :clap::clap::clap:

Excellent photo, love it! For a theme I found so difficult you've made it look so easy :D

Late commenting this week but at least it meand I comment on next week´s at the same time ;)

I agree with everything that has been said about Easy Money (that´s the problem with commenting late, everything has already been said :()

Colour, I love this one Ruth, what a cracking shot that looks out of this world. Colours are great, composition is spot on and the framing just sets it off :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks glad you like it.

Excellent photo, love it! For a theme I found so difficult you've made it look so easy :D

thanks tbh it wasn't want i was looking for when i started but i liked the effect, if your struggeling with things then get get something colourful and see where it takes you :)

I LOVE your "colour" shot (y) :clap:

You know that I have a thing about black background shots anyway, but that one is superb!

Beautiful use of colour and the angled composition fits it perfectly. I particularly like the purple glow at the top right.

thanks tbh i wasn't 100% sure about the purple glow so am glad you like it :D

You really are doing some Out this World stuff lately and this is no exception...:clap::clap::clap:

Loving the colours you have going on in this shot, this is a superb interpretation for this weeks theme...(y)

This isn't just colour - this is sophisticated colour. :clap::clap:

I think it could be the opening shot for a TV ad for an exotic perfume. It demands slightly surreal background music with a sexy base line and matching voiceover ...

Well, I could have just said 'nice shot -good take on theme', but I thought it demanded a bit more from me than that. :)

Jean

You really are doing some Out this World stuff lately and this is no exception...:clap::clap:

Loving the colours you have going on in this shot, this is a superb interpretation for this weeks theme...(y)

Thanks it looked totally different to the naked eye though :)

Thanks corky gald you like it :D

This isn't just colour - this is sophisticated colour. :clap::clap:

I think it could be the opening shot for a TV ad for an exotic perfume. It demands slightly surreal background music with a sexy base line and matching voiceover ...

Well, I could have just said 'nice shot -good take on theme', but I thought it demanded a bit more from me than that. :)

Jean

thanks Jean i apreshate the effort :D

I scrolled past quickly, as I was looking for the shot... and my first thought, was coo... Ruth has taken up planetary imaging, and done a cracking job too... Then I saw what it really was and it's still a supeb image, lovely colours and good definition too. I can see Jean's ad now...

"This isn't just any light, it's Toothie's colour light" :LOL:

Good job (y)

Excellent shot Ruth, I like the positioning and the splash of purple top right.

I'll agree with all that's already been said, it has a feel of space about it, it would be even better if you cloned the writing off the bulb, but that's me being very, very picky!

Great work well done!

I scrolled past quickly, as I was looking for the shot... and my first thought, was coo... Ruth has taken up planetary imaging, and done a cracking job too... Then I saw what it really was and it's still a supeb image, lovely colours and good definition too. I can see Jean's ad now...

"This isn't just any light, it's Toothie's colour light" :LOL:

Good job (y)

hehe thanks John :D

Excellent shot Ruth, I like the positioning and the splash of purple top right.

Thanks Hyster although the colour was decided by the light not me :D

I'll agree with all that's already been said, it has a feel of space about it, it would be even better if you cloned the writing off the bulb, but that's me being very, very picky!

Great work well done!

Thanks Mark i would agree about the logo unfortually i seem to suck at cloning so i left it.

Well nothing too exciting from me this week, just some nice and tasty fruit, the blueberrys are home grown :D

What have a learnt
fruit is much harder to compose that you would think :(

Thanks for looking

Back