Trip to the Lake District.

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a trip to the lakes last week, photography wasn't the main focus but I got a few images I was happy with (had to test out the new A7II after-all :LOL:).

Not a massive fan of blue skies for lake district photography but I did what I could with the time I had. (y)

Let me know what you think.

C & C Welcome.

Thirlmere and beyond. by Thomas Green, on Flickr

2. B&W conversion
Thirlmere. by Thomas Green, on Flickr

Another take on Ashness Bridge. by Thomas Green, on Flickr

Snow topped mountains behind Castlerigg Stone Circle, near Keswick. by Thomas Green, on Flickr

The sun is shining. by Thomas Green, on Flickr

There's still some colour... by Thomas Green, on Flickr

Thanks.

Last edited:
First, third and fourth for me.

If you don’t know where the Lake District is then you are missing out :) get yourself over to the UK and check it out!

I don't think the Lakes will give Austria much competition for lakes, streams and mountains. ;)

How did the sunrise on Ullswater go?
I got a stonker from a rarely visited part of Coniston. It's on my wall now:)

How did the sunrise on Ullswater go?
I got a stonker from a rarely visited part of Coniston. It's on my wall now:)

Had a last minute change of plan, decide we were going to go up Loughrigg Fell, then got there and my girlfriend has conveniently forgotten walking boots and only had wellies + wasn't keen on going up there so I gave in.

Was that the image you posted on the thread? It was very nice, well done.

Nice Set, 3 and 4 for me. Although the foreground has the appearance of being dull in 3, but I'm sure that is a true rendition of the light. Like the composition and the light on the snow capped mountains behind. The Pano No4 is really nice too.
I quite like No1 but something is not quite sitting quite right with me compositionally. cant put my finger on it.
Think a present for the girlfriend is required then Tom, a pair of hike boots she can keep in the boot;)
Nice colour pallete in No6.

Maybe not… but there is a couple of buddies I would not want to miss if landing in the UK! :cool:
Its where they make all the rain in the UK Daniel ;)
It is located in the North West of England and meets the west coast, just below the Scottish Border really. There are also many other places worth visiting that have similar scenery. Scotland and North Wales (Snowdonia), The Peak District (yes another District) In the middle of the UK between Manchester and Sheffield.
Of course these are but a few of the beautiful places over here...(y)

Last edited:
lovely pics Tom, lucky you to get there over the holidays. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more of the water in action, seems a shame to smooth it out so much.

1 and 3 for me, totally new to the world of photography but think all the pictures are all extremley good.

lovely pics Tom, lucky you to get there over the holidays. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more of the water in action, seems a shame to smooth it out so much.

PS having said this, quite like how a longer shutter works on some waterfalls this weekend :)

Back