Trusted grey import website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I know specific grey import websites like e-Infin have been much discussed here - but I thought I’d ask the more general question: where do you go to buy grey imports? Is there a website you particularly trust?

Well, I used e-infinity to get my D500 and was very pleased with price and delivery

Just who can you trust these days?

Panamoz and HDEW.

as others have said, Panamoz and E-infinity, have used both with no issues

Have used

Panamoz
E-infin
Hdew
Digital Rev
Portis
Eglobal
Couple of others that I can’t remember the name off.

Off those Panamoz is the only I would say that I trust.

There are threads on here about Panamoz and others. Try searching that name on here.

Mainly because of the terms and conditions and customer service provided.

E-infin for example have horrendous terms and conditions, have a read on their website and take forever to resolve issues.

Panamoz have excellent customer service, better than most U.K suppliers.

Last edited:
Have used

Panamoz
E-infin
Hdew
Digital Rev
Portis
Eglobal
Couple of others that I can’t remember the name off.

Off those Panamoz is the only I would say that I trust.
Tommy, I'm interested to hear your experience with these sellers. Have you ever had any issues with the gear you've received (or not received)? Have you ever had to resort to their customer service department or is it just repuation?

Last edited:
Tommy, I'm interested to hear your experience with these sellers. Have you ever had any issues with the gear you've received (or not received)?

Which seller in particular, I have bought from all of them and dealt with the customer services at all but one of them.

Reading reviews there's a lot of scare stories about people getting shafted and left out-of-pocket due to items not arriving or being faulty. Have you had any really bad experiences or was it long waits/poor communication etc.

Reading reviews there's a lot of scare stories about people getting shafted and left out-of-pocket due to items not arriving or being faulty. Have you had any really bad experiences or was it long waits/poor communication etc.

Yes at times, I have had faulty products and also in one case an item that was supposed to be new but was obviously not.

However these things can happen even with U.K suppliers the issue for me with all of the vendors I mentioned is how they deal with issues and in all of those situations I wasn’t happy both with how poor communication was, how long I had to wait for a response and how look it took for the matter to be resolved.

I know a lot of other photographers who had mental issues with some of the suppliers mentioned above as well.

I have had an issue with a faulty product on arrival from Panamoz as well and items purchased form them that needed to be sent for repair later on down the line. They were excellent at dealing with everything.

I have spent in the region of £10K at E Infinity and never had any issues at all.

I have spent in the region of £10K at E Infinity and never had any issues at all.

Wait until you do.

Our warranty covers manufacture defects of the products purchased. For damages caused by accidents or human errors, unfortunately they are not included in the guarantee. We will be responsible for all labour costs for repairing the faulty units. Within the warranty period of 12 months, customers will need to bear the postage for returning the product back to us and we will cover the costs for shipping the product back to you after service. Repair normally takes about 3 to 8 weeks depending on the issues and we will be keeping you informed during the process. In case the repair requires a part that needs to be specially ordered from the manufacturer, additional costs may incur and we will let you know as soon as possible. Chargers, batteries, USB cables and accessories as such are not covered.

In the case if the defective product is not reparable, we will be offer you with an identical, refurbished unit at our discretion.

I've purchased from e-infinity as well and had no issues.
It would appear they are ok until something goes wrong.
Having read the reviews on trust pilot where things have gone wrong, I'm not sure I would use them again.

Hdew have a bricks and mortar shop, which is why i have used them. Can't fault the service i have had yet (close to £4k over 3 orders).

I"ve had faults from gear bought from both Panamoz and HDEW an in both situations customer service was top notch and replacements were sent without fuss.

Panamoz Customer Service is first class. I’ve been involved in customer relations for 25 years and they’re among the best I’ve come across. Good comms, excellent attention to detail. Would definitely recommend them

I’m looking for a Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4. I usually buy used - It’s a fairly new lens so not much second hand. It’s on MPB for around £450 but I’ve seen it new/grey for under £420. Seems like a no-brainer.

But that's £420 at e-inifinity, new one in UK is £490. For the peace of mind considering the difference its no-brainer to go with new UK copy IMO.
(not to mention you benefit from tamron's 5 years warranty vs. shoddy non-existent 1 year warranty)

MBP these days are generally a rip-off. I don't even bother looking on there any more.

Last edited:
I bought a camera from E-infinity and after 6 months it developed a fault. E-infinity collected it and repaired it good as new all under warranty, with no expense to myself. Only problem was being without a camera for 10 weeks.

But that's £420 at e-inifinity, new one in UK is £490. For the peace of mind considering the difference its no-brainer to go with new UK copy IMO.
(not to mention you benefit from tamron's 5 years warranty vs. shoddy non-existent 1 year warranty)

MBP these days are generally a rip-off. I don't even bother looking on there any more.

I think I’m coming round to that idea.

Panamoz look to be pricier than some UK sites for certain gear
I've noticed that, their prices have really gone up over the past 12 months

I've noticed that, their prices have really gone up over the past 12 months

Quick example, Fuji 50mm F2: £420 on Panamoz, or get it good as new from a UK dealer like Camera Jungle for £300 inc delivery like I did. If like me you almost always sell gear on there's little sense to buying new unless it's a really great deal

I've used Panamoz E-infinity and Hdew in the past without problems.
Mind you I've never needed to test any of their warranty schemes, so I cannot comment on those.
It certainly pays to shop around, even amongst the "grey" suppliers.
As others have pointed out, Panamoz prices seem to have taken a hike recently, although I still saved around £1000 on my Canon 5Dmk4 from them.
I am interested in a teleconvertor, and the price varies considerably between these three companies, with Panamoz being significantly the highest.
Like many things, "you pays yer money and makes yer choice."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back