Daily T's 365 challenge..... Life begins at 40......

Love the picture of the steps and way they lead away into the distance, the lighting is lovely and they way the focus is in the middle does it for me (y) The tape measure shot is astoundingly simple in what is is, but beautiful in exectution. I really like it. It just goes to show me that the simplest things can make a great picture. I like the watch shot and the detail you have captured on the surround, it really looks like it could be an ad shot for the product. As others have said, the frozen ice shot is great and really does look like a watercolour.

Frozen is fantastic! Great find and works really well - love the abstract feel and the slightly oily feel to it with the different colours you have in there! (y)

Nice one Trace, it has an abstract watercolour feel about, this would look great as a print or canvas I feel. Iain

Nice find lady - a little surreal looking, I really like it :)

Really unusual looking - well spotted.

Nice find.

I agree with Iain , lovely work trace:)

Love the picture of the steps and way they lead away into the distance, the lighting is lovely and they way the focus is in the middle does it for me (y) The tape measure shot is astoundingly simple in what is is, but beautiful in exectution. I really like it. It just goes to show me that the simplest things can make a great picture. I like the watch shot and the detail you have captured on the surround, it really looks like it could be an ad shot for the product. As others have said, the frozen ice shot is great and really does look like a watercolour.

Frozen is fantastic! Great find and works really well - love the abstract feel and the slightly oily feel to it with the different colours you have in there! (y)

Awww thanks guys appreciate your comments!... having a catch up so having to reply all in one!

Well today i was out all day... i did take camera with me but just didn't get around to using it.. so on the way back to grab kids i pulled in to Stanwick lakes thinking excellent i can grab a shot here as i still have half an hour to meet them............

Except i had NO change on me to get in the car park so it was simply pull up to the edge jump out and see if i could get anything....... i really didn't want to get home and pace the house finding something... i wanted PJ's on warm cuppa and catch up and chill!

Anyway... i digress..... these stones were all along the entrance... about 7/8 maybe more either side of the entrance in metal framed blocks... they looked kinda cool.... so these are it for today....

I would have preferred them obviously without the wire but hey i can't have it all my way can i.....

Day 55/356........Trapped! by Cg_girl....Rambling Queen x, on Flickr

I like it Trace but then whats not to like about pebbles? ;)

I think the metal actually adds to the composition, it has very similar colour tones to some of the pebbles and compliments them.

I like the detail you have captured too, your processing really suits too. The high contrast feel adds to the texture. Well spotted (y) Iain

Frozen is really well captured T, looks cool.
The steel gabions from today are different, nice contrast between the steel and stone.

I like it Trace but then whats not to like about pebbles? ;)

I think the metal actually adds to the composition, it has very similar colour tones to some of the pebbles and compliments them.

I like the detail you have captured too, your processing really suits too. The high contrast feel adds to the texture. Well spotted (y) Iain

Thank you Iain!!

:plus1: Makes them more interesting :)

Thanks Sarah!

Frozen is really well captured T, looks cool.
The steel gabions from today are different, nice contrast between the steel and stone.

Thank you Phil!

Again for me the wire of the gabions works really well in the shot, it's like a rule of thirds grid.

Thanks Sarah! once i had cropped the gabions a bit and got it straight it has grown on me!:D

I agree with everyone who said that the metal actually accentuates the photo, T - great capture! :)

Ok i may well be M.I.A for a bit... i wiped my laptop today as i somehow managed to delete over 700+ .dll files........ would explain why so much wasn't working!

Anyway laptop up and running now except i don't have Photoshop or Lightroom working:crying::crying:

Been at the computer all day and if you thought i was stressy with my photos then this is 1000000000000000% worse.... ....its CURSE-CITY in my head right now lol

Anyway i would like to think the magic fairies will fix it all while i'm sleeping and i will be back tomoz........... but i doubt it... i may resort to phone tho if i have no choice:crying:

Sorry to hear that, T - hope you are back up and running soon! :)

Sorry to hear that, T - hope you are back up and running soon! :)
Thanks Hun I'm hoping I can sort it today! Eek lol

Frozen ivy is a cracking shot Trace. Love the processing of it (y), and the pebbles shot is a cracker too.

Hope your back up and running soon hun :)

Thanks Hun!

Yikes! Could you do a system restore to a couple of days ago?

Nope lol pc is wiped to factory setting I had back ups on stick but they are not playing ball

Feel your pain T, I installed Windows 8 just after Christmas - things have just never been the same since :(

Trapped is a great shot Trace , sorry to hear about you loss on the laptop !!!

Thanks Vince!

Feel your pain T, I installed Windows 8 just after Christmas - things have just never been the same since :(

Thanks Sarah! computers make me scream!... my problem is i like pressing buttons and if they don't say 'T, I'm important leave me alone'... i delete it!! :LOL::LOL: so lappy is now running better its just the damn software i am lost without lol

T, my offer to drag my tech support guy over to give you a hand still stands ;)

Now to the photo's some interesting ideas since my last visit, I have to say I love the ivy in the ice :clap: and the caged pebbles works really well :clap:

Ok so I AM BACK!!!!!!!............. lol

Do you know how hard it was not talking all week on here!.... :LOL::LOL:

Anyway short and sweet as i still have todays to take yet......

Day 56........

Day 56/356.....Catch the light by Cg_girl....Pc issues will be back soon.. not faile, on Flickr

Day 57

Day 57/356.......Saving but not very well by Cg_girl....Pc issues will be back soon.. not faile, on Flickr

Day 58 BAD DAY DO RUN PAST!!!!

Day 58/356.......Most people get birds land in their garden! by Cg_girl....Pc issues will be back soon.. not faile, on Flickr

day 59

Day 59/356........It's a branch! by Cg_girl....Pc issues will be back soon.. not faile, on Flickr

Good to see you back....
I like Day 56, in an absract way.
Day 57.... the processing is great...although, I think it would have more impact without the chair legs in the background....
Day 58..... a great shot....wacky, but I like it....
Day 59...not really my thing....but, your processing makes the shot.....

Good to see you back Trace! :) The savings bottle and the blossom do it for me :)

Thanks Jake! bottles is my fav too

Good to see you back....
I like Day 56, in an absract way.
Day 57.... the processing is great...although, I think it would have more impact without the chair legs in the background....
Day 58..... a great shot....wacky, but I like it....
Day 59...not really my thing....but, your processing makes the shot.....

Thank you Lee... It was strange taking these and not jumping on to lappy to look and see if i needed to re take etc

Thanks Sarah!!

ok today...

So after doing catch up from this week... i still had todays to figure out and oh look yet again weather is grotty!....

Spot my eldest boys guitar and think 'yep that will do'...... but the poor thing is broken.... not much decentness is going to come from missing strings is there... doh!

Day 60/356.....Broken... by Cg_girl....Pc issues will be back soon.. not faile, on Flickr

Yay you're back :clap:

The bottle is the stand out image from your catch up shots Trace, it just has a nice feel to it, the lighting and dof work well.

Good work on the photos, thought you'd have a lot more to say though :LOL:

Good to see you back, T and with a stunning catch-up! Like them all, but stand outs are the bottle and the blossom - love the focus in Broken. (y)

The dragon made me laugh - love the little tongue sticking out there!! :D

Yay you're back :clap:

The bottle is the stand out image from your catch up shots Trace, it just has a nice feel to it, the lighting and dof work well.

Good work on the photos, thought you'd have a lot more to say though :LOL:

Thanks Iain!.... Well I can tell you it was so VERY hard keeping shhhhhh all week!!! Lol
But.... I knew I had a few shots to catch up on so thought it best to just get them on and back on track :)

Just had a look through from your sp, I really liked that, the pp certainly suits. A cracking set of pics again, and I also really like the bottle out of your catchup today along with 58 and 59.

Thanks muchly Michael

Really liking 57, 58 and 59!

Cheers Toni

Good to see you back, T and with a stunning catch-up! Like them all, but stand outs are the bottle and the blossom - love the focus in Broken. (y)

The dragon made me laugh - love the little tongue sticking out there!! :D

Hehe thanks Sam ... I actually hate the dragon one lol!

Nice to have you back in the land of 365!

Interesting composition choice on the guitar, to not show the base in the shot but to have some empty space to the right...

The money saving shot is cool...good focus and use of the depth of field to draw you in to the bottle...

Nice to have you back in the land of 365!

Interesting composition choice on the guitar, to not show the base in the shot but to have some empty space to the right...

The money saving shot is cool...good focus and use of the depth of field to draw you in to the bottle...

Thank you!! And an extra thank you!
As for the guitar..... I like to be different!..... I also adore whatever negative space I can produce :)

Nice catch up, I like the bottle, the blossom and the guitar - I'd forgotten about the girlie's guitar - it featured in one of my other 365's - have to look it out again :)

Well boys and girls... or lil honey monsters...... which ever you wish to be called!..... i thought i would start todays photo by telling you something............... ready?

Ok here it is.........................

DID YOU REALIZE HOW BLOODY (sorry).... HARD IT WAS FOR ME NOT TO RAMBLE ALL WEEK!!!!!!....... i tell you how hard it was.....................................super uber hard!... i mean come one i had nobody to send to sleep!.......... how unfair is that!

I guess really if i had a brain cell working i should have come to ALL your feeds and rambled away!.... how cool would that have been?!!...............

OK OK don't answer that... unless you can be nice!!!

Anyway.. todays!..... technically it is a pretty poor shot.. focus not all that great and creativity really does seem to have upped and buggered off.........so all i can say is..... thank bleep for editing!! lol

This was Rat making smartie cakes with Pops...... Personally i am glad they are made now as since 7am is all i have listened to is rat asking when poppy was coming back home to make them..... she had stayed at her mates last night as it was her birthday and they went to MK ice skating!....
from 7am it went like this..........

what time is pops coming home....... can you text her?.... has she answered yet? can you text again incase she didn't hear?.... will she be back soon.... is that car poppy? on and on it went till just after lunch time!!!

yes yes i shall zip it now and add photo.... lol

Day 61/356..... kids fun by Cg_girl....Arghhhhhhh so behind again!, on Flickr

Back