Typhoon....call sign Havoc.

Anyone who wants the RAW files is welcome to them.i won't accept any more requests from Richard but am happy to deal with you guys.

I for one will not be requiring the RAW image as from the first glance at the images I am 100% sure that they are the real thing and in no way are composite.

Great images Rob and hope to see you on the hill one day.

My conclusion is Richard C Jones is either a troll, or he is sadly mentally ill.

The OP has provided RAW NEFs files exactly as they came out the camera, proving beyond all reasonable doubt the images are 100% genuine and not composites. This is supported by people here who have been to the location and shot similar images, myself included, and the thousands of images from this location freely available online (Google "Mach loop" and "Cad East")

Anyone who wants the RAW files is welcome to them.i won't accept any more requests from Richard but am happy to deal with you guys.

But why should you go sending your raw files around to every Tom, Dick and Harry to prove something that does not need proving.

The guy is clearly a troll and I don't know why he has picked this thread but his last comment is just pathetic. He offered to apologise if you proved they were not composites, you have done that and he still goes on. He does not have a case, I stand by what I said earlier.

Apology or ban.

There must be some incredibly bad weather,
these days, over all NE Atlantic to explain why
you guys are not out shooting instead…

Glenn's brilliant post #86 should have been, it
was for me, the conclusion.

I would rather see more pictures …

Love this thread. Great shots although surely it's obvious they are simply a plastic model kit hung to look like its flying, with the sort of fake background you get with train sets... Or am I on my own with that one?

Great captures, is this a daily thing? Would hate to get all the way there and sit on a hill with nothing happening!!

Last edited:

There must be some incredibly bad weather,
these days, over all NE Atlantic to explain why
you guys are not out shooting instead…

Glenn's brilliant post #86 should have been, it
was for me, the conclusion.

I would rather see more pictures …
Should have been the conclusion but Richard can't or won't apologise.

Last edited:
Should have been the conclusion but Richard can't or won't apologise.i am more offended now because after sending him the proof he still calls me a liar.not sure how you would react but he lucky he's using a keyboard and not having a conversation face to face.

Rob you have been a saint don't stoop this low because this is what Trolls want a reaction. You have proved beyond doubt they are real and frankly who cares if they were composites because if they were they are brilliantly done. :D

I will close my presence on this thread saying this:

Richard possibly made a mistake for some reason
I know nothing about and I'm not going to make a
jugement cause I DON'T HAVE TO.

OTOH, you have plenty of supportive posts on your
side of the story, including mine, so why do you need
to be offended, to fear for your integrity and why the
thirst for…?

You should not need any more than to consider the
positive posts you got vs this unique negative one.

Show me more of those cool takes, that's why I am
here for and not to read venomous childish threads.

Kodiak, over and out…/

Should have been the conclusion but Richard can't or won't apologise.i am more offended now because after sending him the proof he still calls me a liar.not sure how you would react but he lucky he's using a keyboard and not having a conversation face to face.

Forget it and move on, bullies and trolls survive on attention and the best way to stop them is ignore them.

As good as the photos are and as fun as this thread has been I can't even be bothered to come back and check for the apology that is clearly due. The guy's got a screw lose or an axe to grind and people like that aren't worth bothering with, leave them to it and get on with enjoying life.

Forget it and move on, bullies and trolls survive on attention and the best way to stop them is ignore them.

As good as the photos are and as fun as this thread has been I can't even be bothered to come back and check for the apology that is clearly due. The guy's got a screw lose or an axe to grind and people like that aren't worth bothering with, leave them to it and get on with enjoying life.

Agree. The op has been far more restrained than I would.

Better not post any moon landing shots though!!

It's always the same with these keyboard warriors Rob... They wouldn't say boo to a goose in the real world..! Strokers all of em..

Don't give him a second more of your time Rob, move on, forget about it... We all know they're genuine..

Last edited:
It's always the same with these keyboard worries Rob... They wouldn't say boo to a goose in the real world..! Strokers all of em..

Don't give him a second more of your time Rob, move on, forget about it... We all know they're genuine..
Agreed, even the composites [emoji4]

Edited my last post.i'm happy to now wait for Richards video evidence to prove his point...
Hope it's not like the Chilcot inquiry.

Edited my last post.i'm happy to now wait for Richards video evidence to prove his point...
Hope it's not like the Chilcot inquiry.

I wouldnt hold my breath. This evidence is not going to arrive.

Now show us the shots from your last visit :D

By him saying it'll take ages to work all his forensic evidence, he's probably banking on the thread being locked before then. Hence he's sat there doing SFA I should imagine.

Question.
Is the Fuji XT1 capable of taking these shots of aircraft?
Thinking of changing systems and wondering if the af will keep up.

Question.
Is the Fuji XT1 capable of taking these shots of aircraft?
Thinking of changing systems and wondering if the af will keep up.

The XT1 is not as versatile as other cameras for this kind of stuff but equally I wouldn't dismiss its abilities to cope, you just have to be more on the ball with the slightly slower AF system.
Having said that @ukaskew captures great motorsport shots with the XT1 and the 100-400mm lens. Ok I know motorsport isn't as fast as fighter jets but its still a fast paced environment and the camera/lens combo keeps up easily.

The XT1 is not as versatile as other cameras for this kind of stuff but equally I wouldn't dismiss its abilities to cope, you just have to be more on the ball with the slightly slower AF system.
Having said that @ukaskew captures great motorsport shots with the XT1 and the 100-400mm lens. Ok I know motorsport isn't as fast as fighter jets but its still a fast paced environment and the camera/lens combo keeps up easily.
Thanks for that. [emoji4]

I won't be paying anymore attention to his posts, there is obviously something wrong with the guy. Maybe he is ill because it is certainly not rational behaviour, his reaction in his own thread leaves something to be desired too.
He has been furnished with all the information he requires.
Original files
Date and time of day

All of these quite clearly show that a) the pictures are not composite and b) the photographer shot them from exactly the same place.
What closes the deal is the stitch that @GeeJay57 posted in reply #86.

I won't deny it's been entertaining at times but RCJ is just being silly now and its becoming a bit concerning.
Quite why, in the face of overwhelming evidence, the man still want's to carry out a detailed forensic examination of the data he has been provided is beyond me, but you know what, I don't care and it would be prudent if he was not to post in this thread again unless he wants to offer an unreserved apology.

Keep it together Rob, you've done well not to rise to his stinky bait.

Oh and @GreenNinja67 some of your replies genuinely make me laugh out loud.
I keep getting funny looks from my Wife and work collegues

he's probably banking on the thread being locked before then.

can't see a single good reason why it'd need to be locked. Especially if people refrain from making personal insults.

Generally, this thread has been remarkably even tempered and the OP has IMO shown the patience of a saint. That said, there are AT LEAST 3 members of staff now following this thread, and no matter how frustrated members may get, can I please remind you NOT to descend to personal insults...

Oh

And OP - They're a couple of cracking images, and I really don't need to see the RAW files to know that...

You said you were a retired commercial pilot, so you are being slightly disingenuous.

I know that Richard wont mind me quoting him as he is a stickler for the facts..

Oh Terry, my boy you sound so desperate, to correct your last statement, I never claimed to be an airline pilot, I said I believe to the best of my recollection that I was retired from civil aviation,
Actually I do understand, as a retired commercial pilot (civil not military) I understand the principals of flight and advanced geometry, both of these disciplines I applied in order to come up with my opinion.

Cracking thread and cracking images BTW (y)

I normally hate soaps but this ones a cracker much better than an episode of CSI Its a great shame that someone has to call into question someones integrity given that they have been open and honest in trying to resolve this dispute. Great shots Rob kudos to you for keep you cool.

By him saying it'll take ages to work all his forensic evidence, he's probably banking on the thread being locked before then. Hence he's sat there doing SFA I should imagine.

Or faking some fakery to "prove" that the OP's (great) shots are composites (like Richard's with the obvious straight line down through it looks...)

FWIW, a commercial pilot isn't necessarily an airline pilot, although an airline pilot is a commercial pilot.

My mate who isn't a member of TP has the same images as he was next to me shooting with a 7D2.hes got more FPS and is willing to let me post them on here if that's ok?
Thank one and all for the support shown and the witty posts,it's very much appreciated.
@GeeJay57's very helpful stitch image proved it long ago and thank you mate.

My mate who isn't a member of TP has the same images as he was next to me shooting with a 7D2.hes got more FPS and is willing to let me post them on here if that's ok?
Thank one and all for the support shown and the witty posts,it's very much appreciated.
@GeeJay57's very helpful stitch image proved it long ago and thank you mate.

Honestly Rob, I think you are wasting your time. There is only one person who would benefit from this and I doubt he will be swayed by this.
On the other hand, if they are nice images then why not :)

Back