UK immigration have your say here- Government petition

Interesting to see that there's 2000 people who've signed to stop all benefit payments to illegal immigrants*

We ought to be able to use that list for social engineering, we really shouldn't be allowing those people either a vote or the chance to breed.

* just in case... It ought to be obvious to everyone that an 'illegal immigrant' isn't entitled to benefit.

Interesting to see that there's 2000 people who've signed to stop all benefit payments to illegal immigrants*

We ought to be able to use that list for social engineering, we really shouldn't be allowing those people either a vote or the chance to breed.

* just in case... It ought to be obvious to everyone that an 'illegal immigrant' isn't entitled to benefit.

You mean they don't have special desks in every job centre for the illegals to come and sign on every fortnight? I thought there was an Illegal Immigrant Allowance available for them to sign on for :p.

You mean they don't have special desks in every job centre for the illegals to come and sign on every fortnight? I thought there was an Illegal Immigrant Allowance available for them to sign on for :p.
Well Britain First tell me that they are entitled to more than a British pensioner.

But when I try to verify this, it seems that 54% of the benefit budget goes to pensioners, and I can't find a single benefit that would be payable to someone who doesn't have a leave to remain in the UK. (Right to stay for anyone not familiar with legal speak).

Well Britain First tell me that they are entitled to more than a British pensioner.

But when I try to verify this, it seems that 54% of the benefit budget goes to pensioners, and I can't find a single benefit that would be payable to someone who doesn't have a leave to remain in the UK. (Right to stay for anyone not familiar with legal speak).

Well, it stands to reason, the moment an illegal makes themselves known to the authorities they risk being arrested and put into a detention centre so how would they hope to apply?

The of Britain First probably struggle with long words and both 'illegal' and 'immigrant' are multi syllable and probably beyond their comprehension ;).

Edited by staff to remove attempt at stirring.

Last edited by a moderator:
A warning has been issued for this post
STAFF EDIT : And if there was any doubt that the first was an innocent post, this one just confirmed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is with the adding links to things not related to the burning issue? Is it to make light of it and suggest there are more worthy causes to be fighting for? I'm confused about this thread. Could the posters adding non-related links explain the reasoning behind doing so?

Come on Dave.
Play nicely please . . . you know that phrase was only used to try to bait another poster.

so what have you done about it?

Sometimes it helps to see the new mod stance is actually being used!

IMO there is more than one poster doing the baiting in this thread.

Last edited:
As we have said on many, many, many occasions, moderating actions are not always seen in public.

Where's the grouse?

grouse-palin_rifle_bikini.jpg

Last edited:
Introduce a tax on sugary drinks in the UK to improve our children's health.

I see the masses are jumping on Jamie Oliver's band wagon again. His bank balance (and/or his ego) must be due another boost.
I mean, really, can't parents take responsibility for what they're putting into their offspring themselves rather than needing another tax to force them into it?
And they're actually ASKING for this to be implemented :rolleyes:

<shudder> Sorry. I really just can't stand the man.

I see the masses are jumping on Jamie Oliver's band wagon again. His bank balance (and/or his ego) must be due another boost.
I mean, really, can't parents take responsibility for what they're putting into their offspring themselves rather than needing another tax to force them into it?

I have no opinion on Jamie Oliver, but I do get sick and tired of various aspects of raising kids being "handed off" to society in general, or parents blaming anyone but themselves when their offspring turn feral.

I didn't vote for
"Stop allowing immigrants into the UK." (80k signatures)
Not only because I disagree with the principle, but also because it was clearly proposed by a moron.

I heartedly endorsed
"Accept more asylum seekers and increase support for refugee migrants in the UK." (424k signatures)
Because it's the right thing to do.

The number of signatures for the respective petitions I found reassuring.

If you want to be part of the smear one, you've also got to learn to insert one of the first of these.....

In yourself! :LOL:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I keep wondering why I will have to pay more for a can of coke and a bag of crisps just because some parents can't bring their fat kids up properly. I'm not fat, by the way. I do think that tax on this stuff will probably rise at some point as there seems to be pressure for it. I do think this is the wrong approach but given a choice between controlling their kids behaviour and what they eat and abdicating all responsibility and blaming their kids obesity on society or the price of crisps and coke I know which many parents will choose.

The other day I watched school kids walking through my local high street, the majority of them were at least carrying a bit too much weight and most of them unsurprisingly were eating crisps and/or drinking cans of soft drinks.

In my day we couldn't afford crisps and coke. All I ever got to snack on was a raw turnip. If I was lucky :D

Last edited:
One of the rationale for such a tax is that it is claimed that unhealthy food is often cheaper than healthy food, and thus a "fat tax" will make healthier options more financially appealing.

Personally, I don't think it will have the effect policy makers are aiming for.

The main problem, as I see it, is a lack of respect for food - people expect it to be cheap and quick, and a lot of people (and this is not just a 'poor person' issue) don't have any idea about food. I know people who only go into their kitchens regularly to make tea/toast, and if forced to prepare a meal will opt for a ready meal packed with everything except nutrition.

I think this behaviour is learned. I grew up at home with a stepfather who was a very keen cook, then at university my best friend was also a keen cook (having spent his year out working in a restaurant kitchen). Although I'm nowhere near their standards, being around people taking a great care over their food - planning, preparing and serving - rubbed off on me. For those who have grown up in a household of freezer->oven->plate with little human involvement except digestion, cooking appears to be some arcane, mystical process understood only by magicians. And a lot of the cookery programmes on TV reinforce the idea that cooking a meal is challenging.

Last edited:

Oh and I forgot to mention....you gotta do it several times a day, for several days in a row....13 times a year ;)

It's ok though, we won't make you do it for the average 44 years usually required! :ROFLMAO:

cooking appears to be some arcane, mystical process understood only by magicians. And a lot of the cookery programmes on TV reinforce the idea that cooking a meal is challenging.
Couldn't agree more and yet healthy meals are so easy to prepare and cook.

Oh and I forgot to mention....you gotta do it several times a day, for several days in a row....13 times a year ;)
It's ok though, we won't make you do it for the average 44 years usually required! :ROFLMAO:
I often wonder who got the s***ty end of the stick, (so to speak :D )
We shave ( well most of us do ;) ) every day from the age of about 16 till well passed the predicted 44 year of age.

Back