Unauthorised computer update

There are 2 possible reasons for being unknowingly upgraded to 10.

1. You didn't read the information placed 2 feet in front of your nose.
(MS has no responsibility for this cause, it's all on you and you alone, sorry, that's how life works, you pay attention or get things you might not want. It's a hard lesson, but it's best to learn it now so you don't go through this again.)

or

2. You didn't understand what you read.
(Again, MS has no responsibility for this either, however, Bill Gates, the founder of MS has tried to personally help the world with this problem at his own personal expense, yet you still complain. What have you done to help the world?)

You have know idea what I may have done, and you never will!
...and I don't care, as it is of no consequence to me. :)
I do know about the important contributions to mankind though.

There are 2 possible reasons for being unknowingly upgraded to 10.

And as you so rightly point out the operative word is "unknowingly".

Many of us didn't want to upgrade nor did we want 6GB of crap suddenly dumped all over our computers.

And I particularly didn't since I use a dongle for my Internet and am capped monthly to 15GB of data.

Nor did we want all the problems associated with "being unknowingly upgraded".

And it's not just a few of us - Never10 on Steve Gibson's site is now over 600,000 downloads by people who DON'T want to be "unknowingly upgraded"!

Things only happen 'unknowingly' if you don't know enough to prevent them.

Taking advantage of you by giving you a free OS worth 100.00 or more and letting you decide if yo want it or nor.
Please take advantage of me, you can send the 100.00 to my paypal account. :)

As I said before, this "free" upgrade is only a problem because people don't trust Microsoft to do it well.

And this recent issue, and all the bad press, only serves to weaken that trust.

Last edited:
Things only happen 'unknowingly' if you don't know enough to prevent them.

Or if MS deliberately design their window to be considerably sneaky!

Now then, for the third time of asking, where is this infamous box? "........ it says to unchecked the box if you don't want to proceed with the free update "

Of course, that's what people do best, I'll still moan and bitch at M$ but I'll continue to use it until somethiyng better comes along,
If BG is reading this, consider it FREE market research thumbs:
after all, we know you are a bit short this month Net worth: 79.4 billion USD (2015)Forbes :
At least he is giving a hell of a lot away to good causes and not building a superyacht instead ala the late Mr Jobs, always fascinated me the way ms is perceived as the evil empire vs apple being somehow the more acceptable face of modern tech capitalism yet history already begins to show how this was more marketing over substance.
As for PEBKAC I used to prefer either PICNIC (ptoblem in chair not in computer) or CUSTARD (a cross between customer and err something else lol), but then years of tech support will do that to a person, probably.

At least he is giving a hell of a lot away to good causes and not building a superyacht instead ala the late Mr Jobs, always fascinated me the way ms is perceived as the evil empire vs apple being somehow the more acceptable face of modern tech capitalism yet history already begins to show how this was more marketing over substance.
As for PEBKAC I used to prefer either PICNIC (ptoblem in chair not in computer) or CUSTARD (a cross between customer and err something else lol), but then years of tech support will do that to a person, probably.
Another is "issue isolated to chair to keyboard interface. Replaced user tested OK"

Another is "issue isolated to chair to keyboard interface. Replaced user tested OK"
Yeah but not an acronym that trips off the tongue lol, good for internal reporting though :)
Best stop our "arrogance" now though before it further upsets....

That Natwest page doesn't give me confidence. It is way out of date on browser versions. And they repeatedly refer to iPhones when they mean smartphones.

That Natwest page doesn't give me confidence. It is way out of date on browser versions. And they repeatedly refer to iPhones when they mean smartphones.

Aye, but if you google it, XP is always quoted as fine, although I think IE7 or 8 is the minimum.

Back