Urbexers on TP?

yup Im another one! one of my favourite explores

3509813341_c4ff2dfbc5.jpg

Bit hairy climbing up at times!

Andy we should meet up soon, keep meaning to, Im on holiday in Portugal next week for a week, and 2 weeks later off on holiday to Wales for a week, so can we make a date to meet up mate at last (y) really looking forward to meeting you, have you ever done the culverts in Euxton just after the bridge look well interesting

Sure, just drop me a line when you're back.

really really want to have a crack at this... so annoying too that i've dealt with demolition companies for over 10 years - but i only get to know about what's being demolished when they're half way through it!!

some really good images on the blogs / flickrs / websites posted on the thread so far - good work guys.

Of course they're tongue in cheek comments.

Despite this, there is at least one other person on here who is happy to tell me that I use crowbars and boots to force my way into buildings. Screw being in control of my own body and not even owning a crowbar, for one, this guy means business, and has decided that I crash bash and smash my way into urbex locations, despite not breaking anything at all. He actually knows more about me than I do myself - amazing!

And people wonder why I get ****ed off.

Well, You did ask and you were humoured! .. ;) (aka wound up) :cool:

I would love to explore some of the old asylums, I have two friends one in Leeds and one in South Shields who explore and take some good photo's. But lack of contacts and being a little too wide to fit through gaps in fences and the thought of me sitting on top of a fence and jumping makes my laugh till my ribs ache. So I just enjoy pics other people post.

I wish I found photography when i was younger because i was never out of Ewood Mills Blackburn and other derelict buildings as a kid.

Have only done one so far - an old persons home in Leicestershire. The place was pretty trashed by time we went and so my report (1st ever) ended up in the Fail Bin on 28days later which put me off trying to put anymore up there.

One of my favourite photos from that explore

3938149539_6d5e0346a2.jpg

My husband was lucky enough to visit Cane Hill when it was very first closed down but his pictures aren't that great as he only had a cheapie camera. I would've loved to get the chance to go there when it was in it's full glory like he did.

I'd love to go to West Park although am not sure if its still there now. In fact I'd just love to go on another explore - I can sit and look through pictures that other people have taken all day.

I'm from Preston and mine would have to be Huncoat Power Station
few culverts and whittingham mental asylum nr you also miley tunnel preston
A friends Hic Bibi vid enjoy
I've heard Miley tunel is supposed to be haunted :D ever been inside the mill at Bamber Bridge? great fun but near impossible to get in now
I've done a bit here and there :)
Favourites - Pyestock is up there because of it's sheer size, as is Fletchers paper mill because it was so intact. However, from a photographic perspective, I think maybe Ivy Bank Mill in Haworth, and Grove Rake are my top 2 as I got some of my best photos in those places.
+1 one for upper heyford - I've done plenty of model shoots in there too! :)

I'd love to do a bit of urbexing. I've shot inside Whittingham Hospital a couple of years ago when it was still possible to get in but I went back last summer and couldn't find a way in at all.

All those places mentioned above, is it possible to give links to google maps showing where they are and any info on if they are still accessible without having to take any unreasonable risks of getting hurt or caught?

I'd deffo like to do some urbex shooting over the summer so if we can find a suitable location and there are 3 or 4 of us fancy meeting up then I'd be up for it.

Did my first proper Urbex visits this month...

All HDR, I know that's not to everyone's taste, but it's my thing :)

4535579305_a0d43b75f5.jpg

4532708324_35489f7865.jpg

4531889655_e2634a5ab2.jpg

4519070864_ce374c3950.jpg

4512323812_c57e5bb3d4.jpg

4523824927_e6c7505d95.jpg

More on my Flickr page

All those places mentioned above, is it possible to give links to google maps showing where they are and any info on if they are still accessible without having to take any unreasonable risks of getting hurt or caught?

Can't help with all of them, but for the Miley Tunnel, if you look here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.762679,-2.710152&spn=0.001712,0.005509&t=h&z=18

The cutting in the centre, running west north west from of the junction of Maudland Road, Maudland Bank, Pedder Street, and Leighton Street turns into the first part of the Miley Tunnel as it goes under Fylde Road and runs to the other side of Adelphi Street.

If you scroll WNW, it emerges in a cutting to the south of St Peter's Street (you can see the props across the top of the cutting), before going underground again before Moor Lane. I understand the tunnel emerges somewhere over towards Deepdale Road, but I'm not 100% sure where.

In terms of access (I've never tried, so this is a bit of a guestimation), it always looked a possibility from car park of the Uni halls and under Leighton Street. Last time I was down there (a few years ago, mind), there appeared to be a few pales missing from the fence.

Thanks for that John. I've lived in Preston 15 years and driven over that tunnel on Flyde Road hundreds of times and never even knew it was there. Next time I get some time to spare and there is nice weather then I'll be trawling myself down there to have a good look around.

mind you, last time I looked it had gone, the other urbex site has gone like 28dl used to be!

Yep that too, I looked (offline mind, I am not a member) and I too noticed the EFB was gone. If by 'the other' urbex site you mean UE forums then yes, I certainly know what you mean.

Better to have a bin and an explanation to why it is there, than to have your thread deleted straight off...

Have only done one so far - an old persons home in Leicestershire. The place was pretty trashed by time we went and so my report (1st ever) ended up in the Fail Bin on 28days later which put me off trying to put anymore up there.

One of my favourite photos from that explore

3938149539_6d5e0346a2.jpg

My husband was lucky enough to visit Cane Hill when it was very first closed down but his pictures aren't that great as he only had a cheapie camera. I would've loved to get the chance to go there when it was in it's full glory like he did.

I'd love to go to West Park although am not sure if its still there now. In fact I'd just love to go on another explore - I can sit and look through pictures that other people have taken all day.

I can confirm that west park is still there, but it is locked down massively. I have a hunch that demo will start proper in the next 6 months or so

Inverkip Power Station seems to be heading that way too.

After years of delay it appears they're finally getting their asses in gear and there is now a lot of activity on site compared to a year ago.

I also noticed (I live across the Clyde and can see the power station from my house) that one of the gas tanks beside the station has mysteriously changed colour :cautious:

If anyone reading this thread is interested in Inverkip PS you'd better get your butts up here sharpish as I don't think it's gonna be here much longer.

IMG_8498_sb.jpg

IMG_8374_sb.jpg

IMG_8319_sb.jpg

IMG_8388_sb.jpg

IMG_8798_sb.jpg

My photos ain't the best I know but you get the idea lol... seriously it's an epic place.

yep, most my exploring days have been in Hull although I'm in teesside now, been busy with other stuff recently though (including trying to improve my photography). My favourite stuff is underground, but I dont get to do much, then high stuff, but I do a bit of everything. Here are some of my urbex photos (follow the sig and filter on urbex for more):

2674666841_0e77135535.jpg

2590056300_e4e8d7a713.jpg

3649468877_4b212af610.jpg

4068345798_4f07b3a9ca.jpg

Impressive... I see light painting is common among the urbex crowd. I've not really tried it properly.

Thanks for that John. I've lived in Preston 15 years and driven over that tunnel on Flyde Road hundreds of times and never even knew it was there. Next time I get some time to spare and there is nice weather then I'll be trawling myself down there to have a good look around.

Surprising what you never notice sometimes, isn't it?

Done a few sites but nothing too interesting - the joys of living in a small town in the middle of nowhere!

3357615164_8252f2bf43_o.jpg

Back