'Value' of C & C

:yv:

you want a sick bucket to drink ? :puke:

weirdo

I was going to get you a short [/overused witticism]

Right if you could all be quite now, go find some photos to rip apart ;) I've recorded four weddings and a funeral and now I'm going to sit and watch it as that's the kind of mood I'm in :D

Mmmmmm Andi Mcdowell :dribble:

toffs on heat

Permission to swear?

And way off topic now lol

I blame Yv - she led us astray.

And way off topic now lol

Yeah the topic Zulu Warriored the last two bottles of wine out of my rack since Hugh failed the 10 minutes challenge, last time I saw it it was slurring something about a large Donna kebab with extra hot chilli sauce :shake:

Time to close it? Without using the "mind the doors" cliche though (y)

I am hoping that tomorrow morning it might all get back on topic. It was actual quite a good discussion

Happy reading :p

Whilst sat here, in my shorts ( not a pretty sight) checking my nuts for lumps, or caveman scratching as mrs Frac calls it,after watching Wigan fluke another win whilst downing a few pints in the local, I have pondered about this thread and have come to the following conclusions:

Whilst David may be very,very technically good, he comes across as pompous, overbearing and treats everybody like one of his students,God bless them. Most of his shots are superb in every aspect,no doubt about that, but ,as little YV points out, it is not what he says/posts ,but how he does it.

That said, getting arsey with the mods, is not the wisest of things to do, especially when it draws,the usually calm and collected ,Marcel into a near rant.

Colin makes a valid point, in his forthright way, by God do I miss his posts...............:D

I do not understand, nor want to understand, what most of the arguments are about anymore on here. Would people behave the same way if face to face? I think not.That is what people should think about before hitting the submit tab.

For the record, I can be as rude,abrupt and fractious in real life as I can be on here.

Whilst sat here, in my shorts ( not a pretty sight) checking my nuts for lumps, or caveman scratching as mrs Frac calls it,after watching Wigan fluke another win whilst downing a few pints in the local, I have pondered about this thread and have come to the following conclusions:

Whilst David may be very,very technically good, he comes across as pompous, overbearing and treats everybody like one of his students,God bless them. Most of his shots are superb in every aspect,no doubt about that, but ,as little YV points out, it is not what he says/posts ,but how he does it.

That said, getting arsey with the mods, is not the wisest of things to do, especially when it draws,the usually calm and collected ,Marcel into a near rant.

Colin makes a valid point, in his forthright way, by God do I miss his posts...............:D

I do not understand, nor want to understand, what most of the arguments are about anymore on here. Would people behave the same way if face to face? I think not.That is what people should think about before hitting the submit tab.

For the record, I can be as rude,abrupt and fractious in real life as I can be on here.

Excellent post superbly presented, I'm going to have to bill you for a case of scotch to get the mental image out of my head though :(

Excellent post superbly presented, I'm going to have to bill you for a case of scotch to get the mental image out of my head though :(
Only one?.........bonus.

I've had more than one public, and fairly strained, disagreement with David and I think it's fair to say we are very different personalities.

That said, it goes without saying that he's very knowledgeable and passionate about teaching photography - I remember commenting on this when he first joined, I think the term I used was "breath of fresh air". I have also stood up for him on occasion, especially where I felt his treatment was unfair.

David knows our attitudes differ considerably regarding "attitude" but despite this, I think the forum would be poorer without him and I hope he stays/is allowed to stay.

Last edited:
As I said to David in my pm earlier, he is very valuable to this forum in the knowledge he brings to it

The Scherman photograph is totally uninteresting without the detailled explanation of precisely where and when it was take.

If an image needs to be explained or put into context then for me, unless I like it straight away, it will never be a good image. (for me) The most expensive photograph in the world is a prime example. I don't like it, (my opinion, feel free to disagree :D) and no amount of explaining why it is a good image will make me like it, :shake: or indeed understand why it is such a valuable photograph. :thinking:

You either like an image or not at the most basic level. You can point out technical problems with an image if you notice any, but if a person has not specifically asked for critique, it may be taken the wrong way even it was meant to help. Some people don't take critique well. :shrug: :LOL: I try not to let that put me off trying to help though, if I feel by the tone of a thread critique will be accepted in the way it was meant, to help someone improve or maybe not make the mistake I perceived again.

As I said to David in my pm earlier, he is very valuable to this forum in the knowledge he brings to it

I like Pookeyhead's posts on this site, and don't know why he suddenly came across as being peeved, particularly with the site moderation, as I haven't read any other post by him in the same vain. I doubt knowing a back story would help calm things down. ;) :LOL:

He brings a lot of knowledge to the forum imho, and I hope after the posts in this thread things don't spiral out of control and some rash decisions are made. I would miss his posts, as I generally find his posts useful and/or, interesting if he were to leave, or be forced to leave. :)

I like Pookeyhead's posts on this site, and don't know why he suddenly came across as being peeved, particularly with the site moderation, as I haven't read any other post by him in the same vain. I doubt knowing a back story would help calm things down. ;) :LOL:

He brings a lot of knowledge to the forum imho, and I hope after the posts in this thread things don't spiral out of control and some rash decisions are made. I would miss his posts, as I generally find his posts useful and/or, interesting if he were to leave, or be forced to leave. :)

I think its safe to say David is still very much here today, just seen him posting in his usual helpful and knowledgeable manner in a critique thread, so lets assume all is calm and well for the time being. (y)

IN the meantime, Ade, next time I head oop north, we must try and meet up, though dear god, please please do put your trousers back on :eek: :p

IN the meantime, Ade, next time I head oop north, we must try and meet up, though dear god, please please do put your trousers back on :eek: :p

Will do.

For the record, I know David is full of knowledge,is very helpful and willing to pass on his wisdom. As are many others, it is just that his posting style irritates me, that could very well be me though.

I mean no disrespect in saying that to you David, if you are reading this thread.

Back