Visit to The East Lancs Railway-anyone fancy a TP Special?

wontolla

Misery Guts Monica
Name
I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
Edit My Images
Yes
Nigel (SNG60007 replied to my thread HERE and has very kindly offered to let us (TP) do a shoot with the society.
His post is below.

It was only used on the Bury to Ramsbottom shuttles, std tank and super d were on Bury to rawtenstall.

As a footnote we run two steam now until September and I could arrange a night shoot with re enactors in steam gear, ie me and someone else if enough would be interested down the shed as a private charter.

Alternatively we do run a night shoot in October as part of the steam gala.

Could also possibly arrange a shoot during the day of a weekend down the sheds, for a donation, plenty of dereliction down there for everyone.

Anyone fancy a visit? He has not stated any numbers, or a date, but I will get back to him if any interest is shown.

Last edited:
I would be VERY interested :) sure I could talk Marcey into it too.

I'm interested, but can't be certain until I know a date. Unlike some on here if I say I'll be there then I WILL turn up. I don't piiiiss meet organisers about.

Great! 4 of us so far! (5 1/2 with Marcel!)

I would also be interested.

I'm interested too, if there's space.

7 1/2 of us then!
Just a little bump to see if we get any more interest.

I'm going to get in touch later to see about a date and time. I will try for more than one, so maybe accommodate the majority. Will have more info later, hopefully!

Great stuff, keep em coming!
I have PMd Nigel to sort out some dates hopefully will get more than one so we can go with the majority vote!

Seems to be on!, interested parties!

Little ol me - Little ol me.
Tom - JimmyLemon
Barry - Cyclamens
Mick? - Mickledore
Dave - JustDave
? - Munch
David - David 357
Colin - Flook999
Chris - Chrish
Charles - SunrayGP
Russ - Dervish99
Richard - OneTen
Andy - ViewFromTheNorth
Carl - CDuffy
Umar - Commjo
? - Acetone
Geoff - Geffers
Rob - Rob W
Michelle - Mich66
Possibly Marcel.

19/20 of us, should be fun!

Last edited:
Update.

Nigel got in touch, but on the original thread, so I have PMd him with the link to this one.
Keep coming back folks!

If there is a space, I'd be interested aswell - date dependant of course

Count me in as well (depending on date)

No, not replied yet! I will send another pm later.

i'd be interested in this too please.. depending on dates obviously + daughter if thats ok.. i'll be out numbered by you guys :)

Last edited:
Sorry all for not replying sooner. As Andy as said if an organised night shoot is required then it would be at the earliest September, if you guys and gals wanted to do say a normal day and an organised tour down the sheds then that can easily be arranged for a Sunday.

A night shoot down the sheds can easily accomodate 40 people at a time , one on the station could easily accomodate 25 to 30 but angles are narrow so patience would b needed.

I would be able to sort re enactors for a night shoot, obviously on a normal sunday there would be plenty of characters about , as for other re enactors I have a couple of contacts but can not guarantee 1940s folk for a normal day but for a station night shoot it can be arranged.

Will judge the feedback

Nigel has replied in the affirmative and is trying to work out a discount for us.
As you can see from his PM-

'On a shed visit can accomadate up to 40 no problem, could also reserve a coach or poss half coach, railway coach that is, and speak to elr about a discount on the normal rover price see if I can get a discount.'

should be OK for up to 40 togs.
Updated the list too with all intersted parties.

Last edited:
I might and i say might be able to sort out some Steampunk re-enactors for a Sunday, not sure if that's what people would want?

That would be good I'm sure (even though I am not sure what it is, must Google it! :LOL:) Thanks Russ, soon as I get dates, I will PM you.

EDIT- for all those others that don't know, I found out.

Steampunk is a genre which originated during the 1980s and early 1990s and incorporates elements of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, horror, and speculative fiction. It involves a setting where steam power is widely used—whether in an alternate history such as Victorian era Britain or "Wild West"-era United States, or in a post-apocalyptic time —that incorporates elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistictechnology, or futuristic innovations as Victorians might have envisioned them, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, and art. This technology includes such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or the contemporary authors Philip Pullman, Scott Westerfeld and China Mieville.

Don't know about you others, but that sounds VERY interesting indeed!

Last edited:
That would be good I'm sure (even though I am not sure what it is, must Google it! :LOL:) Thanks Russ, soon as I get dates, I will PM you.

EDIT- for all those others that don't know, I found out.

Steampunk is a genre which originated during the 1980s and early 1990s and incorporates elements of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, horror, and speculative fiction. It involves a setting where steam power is widely used—whether in an alternate history such as Victorian era Britain or "Wild West"-era United States, or in a post-apocalyptic time —that incorporates elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistictechnology, or futuristic innovations as Victorians might have envisioned them, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, and art. This technology includes such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or the contemporary authors Philip Pullman, Scott Westerfeld and China Mieville.

Don't know about you others, but that sounds VERY interesting indeed!

Don't even understand the definition :LOL:

Yes had found it - looks interesting. Reminds me a little bit of The Time Machine - original version.

Or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :LOL:

Back