Visit to The East Lancs Railway-anyone fancy a TP Special?

Really liking the shots of the lady with the wings. Must have been a fair bit of work gone into the whole costume(y)

OK, Nigel has replied via PM with the following-

Would be looking more at a Sunday as I work Saturdays, there is no reason why it could not be made an all day . We could have a ride on the train and take photographs at certain stations. I could then make arrangements for a tour of the railway and I can see if I can get a shed visit at the end of the day to see the engines being cleaned. Great photo opportunities of the crews as by that time they are very mucky.

I would say Septmeber would be a good time but I will speak to the chap who organises the tours and get back to you asap.

Hopefully we will get a date before Sept, but if not, it is fine by me, and will give everyone plenty of time to make arrangements.
Looking forward to it now!

Update at this end of thread, interested parties.

Little ol me - Little ol me.
Tom - JimmyLemon
Barry - Cyclamens
Mick? - Mickledore
Dave - JustDave
? - Munch
David - David 357
Colin - Flook999
Chris - Chrish
Charles - SunrayGP
Russ - Dervish99
Richard - OneTen
Andy - ViewFromTheNorth
Carl - CDuffy
Umar - Commjo
? - Acetone
Geoff - Geffers
Rob - Rob W
Michelle - Mich66
? - Nilufer
William - Schoy
Steve - Steve lyt
Lynne - Blondie606
Possibly Marcel.

19/20 of us, should be fun!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea if there's places available I'd love to come along.

Hi Wontolla I just seen your answer . how was the garden party in Hadfield? And when will be the visit to the railwas? Will it be in July? thank you

Hi Wontolla I just seen your answer . how was the garden party in Hadfield? And when will be the visit to the railwas? Will it be in July? thank you
Yeh, it was good thanks, if it hadn't have rained would have had a little walk on the Trans Pennine trail.
Been asked to lead a short walk in the valley next time.
The visit looks like being in Sept, but possibly earlier if we can swing it.
Watch this space for updates!

Thanks for your message. I will watch for next coming walks.

OK everyone, Nigel has PMd me again and the events organiser is looking into a date for us. It's still looking like late Sept at the moment, but still trying to make it a little earlier if posible.
I will post again when I hear from Nigel.

I am still interested, like anything will depend on what else is going on as to how many of us can attend. But if we try and get a date we can all attend will be highly unlikely.

if there's places available I'd love to come. may have someone else to but will ask him first
thanks schoy

if there's places available I'd love to come. may have someone else to but will ask him first
thanks schoy

The more, the merrier!
Yer on the list! (y)

Depending on date & cost I'd be really interested in coming along...if no-one minds ? Having a real tough time at work currently so need something to look forward to :)

if im free i may be interested. im only in bolton about 30mins away

Depending on date & cost I'd be really interested in coming along...if no-one minds ? Having a real tough time at work currently so need something to look forward to :)

Both welcome!
Names added.

Me and another member (bloodrunner) may be interested, depends on date and cost as its only 20 minutes from us.

I'm interested ! Ive been to Didcot Railway Centre last year (that was organised by one of TP members) and it was great fun.

Me and another member (bloodrunner) may be interested, depends on date and cost as its only 20 minutes from us.

I'm interested ! Ive been to Didcot Railway Centre last year (that was organised by one of TP members) and it was great fun.

Both added, (maybe 3) (y)

Another update with more interested parties.

Little ol me - Little ol me.
Tom - JimmyLemon
Barry - Cyclamens
Mick? - Mickledore
Dave - JustDave
? - Munch
David - David 357
Colin - Flook999
Chris - Chrish
Charles - SunrayGP
Russ - Dervish99
Richard - OneTen
Andy - ViewFromTheNorth
Carl - CDuffy
Umar - Commjo
? - Acetone
Geoff - Geffers
Rob - Rob W
Michelle - Mich66
? - Nilufer
William - Schoy
Steve - Steve lyt
Lynne - Blondie606
Eddie -dtsrules2 + 1?
Lukas - lukas82
Billy - Billy
Andy - posiview
Rick - towershot
Liz - lizzy23

Possibly Marcel.

29/30 of us, brilliant!

Last edited:
I'm I still on your list for this?

Sorry mate, must have missed that one!
Yer on now! (y)

If I have missed anyone out, please give me a rollicking and I will correct it. :wacky:

Choooo choooo gotta be kidding me....:exit:

Need to build my brownie point up so date dependant I'd be very interested in this...:clap:

Cheers.

Peep peep, yer on!

I'd also be interested date dependant

Back