weekly Walter's TP 52's 2018 Weekly Beautiful

Abundance - an unusual idea works well though
People - great street scene.
Heavy - nice find and great for the theme super peice of art.

Hi Walter, it looks as though this is my first visit to your thread (probably because I've been getting mine up to date) so welcome aboard! :) I like your idea and image for Thick, with the colourfully package sliced bread, and that latest image for Heavy is fascinating and definitely looks heavy.

Hope you get caught up soon and stick with it (y)

Thank you Andrea, yes i find it hard to get around everyone, in fact starting to get paranoid thought I had liked some posts and then a couple days later it seem I didn't lol

Walter

Perhaps a bit tight on the framing, but perhaps there was nothing that could be done about that.

Yes Tim, just took the photo that day for to show wife or someone, wasn't planning to put in 52's but other plans for Heavy theme didn't work out. Thanks for looking and comment, appreciated.

Walter

Good idea, but I find the OOF foreground (and the pink ball) a bit distracting. Maybe a bit higher and closer?

Nice idea for the theme but with the pink ball in the middle of the shot my eye is drawn to that and not the black and white balls. A nice shot though mate

I quite like it the pink maybe a distraction but I like the people in the BG and the light on the table

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on photo, I had a instinct the pink ball was a possible distraction, I did crop it a bit, took out the Blue ball on right and one of the lights on top right, found out its a challenge taking snooker photos with the low light.

Walter

Juxtaposition - I like the idea for the shot, but I do find that the pink ball is a distraction. I think if the shot was taken from a slightly different angle and just focused on the black and white balls, it would make for a stronger image.

Thank you Mandy for taking time to comment, this photo was taken with my new 70-300mm Tamron lens cheap one, cant get used to it. I usually have to depend on AF but this thing I find is not very good.

Walter.

Hi Walter

A tricky shot, I'm mostly rubbish at snooker.

For the Image I feel the crop is wrong, you have parts of the table missing, You could have included it all, or cropped and taken from a different position to get rid of the front edge of the table.. I quite like the pink one being in the shot.

Pete

Rubbish myself Pete lol, that's why I was contented to try and take photos instead. Thank you for your thoughts on photo..

Walter

This is my reshoot for Juxtaposition found the original to this below to be to plain so tried this illustration effect,

B&W Retake.jpg Black & White snooker balls,

Hi Walter ... so I click on the Juxtaposition word in your post on the main thread but it's not working for me. But I finally get here when clicking on the Reshoot word.

I like the first Juxta shot, but I think all that wood, side of the table, could be cropped, It's an OOF distraction. The OOF BG people are fine. (y)

Sorry David for having you all round the place, will try and fix. stupid me lol thought I was doing something cool with my new zoom lens and the settings I had set the camera to give the FG OOF effect, agree with everyone it is a distraction and looking over all the comments I try and learn, I have learned a lot from the 52's and forum since joining.

Walter

I'm afraid, the post processing isn't working for me...

Interesting, I seem to have missed your original shot. Not sure how that happened.
The original shot is perhaps a little soft? I can't work out where the focus is. (It might be on the pink, but as we can't zoom in it's hard to tell).
The re-shoot, er... Marmite and I don't know which side of the fence I'm falling. I quite like the OTT processing, but the almost halos around the balls, with no texture look odd. Of course, for all I know, that was simply how the table actually looks...

Interesting, I seem to have missed your original shot. Not sure how that happened.
The original shot is perhaps a little soft? I can't work out where the focus is. (It might be on the pink, but as we can't zoom in it's hard to tell).

Messed up with link I think, no worries, after a few comments I looked at the 1st Jux post and noticed myself the pink was a bit more in focus, cant seem to find original of the 1# to check. but really appreciate the honest comments which after I study the critique I can see were most members are coming from.

The re-shoot, er... Marmite and I don't know which side of the fence I'm falling. I quite like the OTT processing, but the almost halos around the balls, with no texture look odd. Of course, for all I know, that was simply how the table actually looks...

Thank you Tim for the feedback on reshoot and explaining why its marmite to you, no, the snooker tables were fine, even though it was a different snooker club the photo was taken in , it was just the free program paint effect I used, highlights some parts like this.

Walter

I like the first Juxtaposition shot best, I might of been tempted to have had the pink covering the pocket and the black snookering the pink, otherwise I like the composition with the out of focus chalk on the side of the table and the others players in the background.Think it gives it atmosphere.

Yes Roger i like that idea, the game is after all, called snooker and my mate Roy in BG with him thinking about the shot would have been better. Thank you, it certainly all helps me with this feedback.

Walter

Juxtaposition - I think the original image is better than the processed one although you have an interesting effect

Wet Cauliflower catch up. F/5.6 1/30 55mm C.W. No flash. Manual.

Believe me I did wet this Cauliflower, as its for Sunday dinner tomorrow and I think after 15 or so shots it dried out a bit, didn't want to wet to much as there be trouble.lol

Wet 1.jpg

Well, it's an alternative image for Wet, I'll give you that :)
It doesn't say wet to me, but it's well taken regardless.
I like how the background isn't quite black, but seems to have a slight green hue to it to match the rest of the image.

Well, it's an alternative image for Wet, I'll give you that :)
It doesn't say wet to me, but it's well taken regardless.
I like how the background isn't quite black, but seems to have a slight green hue to it to match the rest of the image.

Thank you Tim

Hope it still passes the wet test lol, went about 20 miles yesterday, had it in my head for the Straight theme, a road named Seven Mile Straight leading to Antrim town, so thought
I would go up and try to take a shot of the road sign with taking in much of the road as possible, when I got there the road sign had been nicked or removed, so decided
to go to the other end of road and guess what! no sign, did stop and take some photos of the bridge and six mile river and had a talk to some nice people so all was not lost lol.

Took me a good few shots to take, set it up on the smoked glass kitchen table, if you look, i think there's a slight reflection at
two bottom corners, didn't like the water blobs on table hence the tight crop, BG was just the green table plate mats.

Walter

Doesn't really say Wet but I suppose it is ... as it's the wetness that brings out the glorious colour (y)

Hi Walter,

The second Juxaposition shot looks well over cooked, not like your wet cauliflower, I quite like the treatment, just not how it has been applied around the snooker balls.

Gate'd Image works well for me, but could do with some rethink about the top edge, I think it looks better cropped and possibly straightened so the sky and chimney are gone.

Pete

The second Juxaposition shot looks well over cooked, not like your wet cauliflower, I quite like the treatment, just not how it has been applied around the snooker balls.

"Cooked" liked that. I like using the effect on friends on some snooker shots, I think its funny they don't.

I think it looks better cropped and possibly straightened so the sky and chimney are gone.

Yes Pete agree Gate it looks wonky, top would look better cropped, thought it wasn't to bad before posting but then noticed the top wasn't straight. Give up think its the left lamp that's putting me off.

Thank you for looking and comment much appreciated.

Impressive gate, the no parking sign is a nice touch for the theme

Back