WAMT....what annoyed me today!

My thought too; we could end up with a warning on hammers that says, "This item should not be used to hit yourself on the head."

Dave
Dammit! I knew I was doing something wrong.

How can they legislate for stupid people?
I guess for the same reason that McD's put hot liquid on their coffee cups I ( does anyone actually get a hot coffee out of McD's these days?)
After someone dumped it in their lap, and scalded their selves.

Its all about arse covering and preventing litigation in future,
if it happened again and Apple haven't issued a warning, I'm sure some smart arsed lawyer could make a case.
ie "There has been previous evidence of this"

I think he has a good point. I didn't know there were women only clubs, but iif there are, then yes they are just as bad.

There are 22 in Scotland alone.

I've been round 5 mobile phone shops, their websites and spoke on the telephone. I'm trying to get a prepaid SIM card and they all tell me a conflicting story. None of them seem to know what they are selling. Vodafone and O2 I'm looking at you!

But what made me laugh was that if I wanted to get a throwaway "burner" phone, like if I was a crook or terrorist or something, I can't imagine one of them going through what I've had to do. Arguing with incompetent shop staff about hidden charges and what they've told me is different from what it says in their own sales leaflet. If I was a mafia contract killer, I can imaging going back to the Don and saying "...I couldn't get the cheap SIM because the special offer was really a rip-off. And didn't have the free minutes and roaming like in the ad."

Last edited:
WBAMFA is that our regional news on the BBC isn't broadcast on BBC1HD so if I'm watching the Beeb news , I have to turn back to the SD channel to see the local news. Apparently it's the same all over the UK, with Auntie wanting to roll out full HD simultaneously nationwide.

WBAMFA is that our regional news on the BBC isn't broadcast on BBC1HD so if I'm watching the Beeb news , I have to turn back to the SD channel to see the local news. Apparently it's the same all over the UK, with Auntie wanting to roll out full HD simultaneously nationwide.

Annoys me as well. It should have been nationwide years ago.

Well not specifically today........it happens all too often.

Those that use the indicators as a "license to move" especially those that start to lane change and then signal. Do they know nothing!!!!!

Lane changing/changes of direction are one of the most critical driving manoeuvres but doing do so in a manner that then causes the approaching traffic to brake hard or take evasive action is not good driving. ~ grrr!

When I retuned my TV recently ( a few channels had moved) I was given the on screen option of which location to receive broadcasts, from ie Midlands, London. Cambs / Beds ( that's my local one).
That's through a digital aerial not a satellite dish if it makes any difference.

And that was another rip off years ago, when "they" said that if you don't get a digital aerial you will lose the signal.
I fitted a cheap loft aerial for my sons room, many years ago, well before the digital TV age, and he got HD programmes as they arrived!

Those that use the indicators as a "license to move"
That's certainly a pet hate of mine!
Closely followed by those that increase speed as you are overtaking them.
Its happening all to often these days, this'll get me in trouble, but I usually look at the driver as they do so, and do you know what? circa 90% are women.
( bring on the anti-male driving faults :D )

That's certainly a pet hate of mine!
Closely followed by those that increase speed as you are overtaking them.
Its happening all to often these days, this'll get me in trouble, but I usually look at the driver as they do so, and do you know what? circa 90% are women.
( bring on the anti-male driving faults :D )

My lips are sealed..........but yes those that pick up speed thus creating a "situation".

Now we are on subject. Those that take too little notice at give way lines I.e. they pull out late! Now, we can all get caught out depending on the sight lines but then why the heck do they dawdle, had one yesterday that did that but then after approx 500 yards he floored it (after making me brake very hard) and about half a mile later I caught to him due to slow traffic ~ such is motoring life :LOL:

Those that take too little notice at give way lines I.e. they pull out late!
Ah yes there are a couple of junctions along the A428 ( single carriageway) where the line of sight is actually quite good, its quite a fast road but also quite heavily used.
They pull up to the dotted lines, look, hesitate, look again, and hesitate, by this time its too late to pull out, but they do anyway!
Had they gone first time, it wouldn't have caused anything like the issue that it did / does.

Deciding to go out today, lucky move as it happened as I had a puncture :banghead: not used the car for nearly a week
My lovely boss at work changed the wheel for me and noticed a small screw in the front tyre although it didn't seem to be
affecting it.
Not too upset as the rear tyres were getting to change time, never leave them till they are right down, so 2 new tyres and a puncture
repair before I could set off, quite pleased in a way as I have plans for Sunday and would have been annoyed if I found it then

Whilst making my lunch today I reminded myself just how sharp my kitchen knives are :(
Embarrassing or what?
And I kid you not, last time I did that, Rod Stewart "the first cut is the deepest" was playing on the iPod thingy :(

Embarrassing or what?
And I kid you not, last time I did that, Rod Stewart "the first cut is the deepest" was playing on the iPod thingy :(

Oh dear :(

And the lesson learnt? If you drop your knife, let it fall.... do not try and catch it

And make sure your bare foot is not in the line of the falling knife !

DAHIKT ;)

And make sure your bare foot is not in the line of the falling knife !
Many years ago I used to put my foot out too, to try and stop something hitting the floor, lesson learnt :D

Tried catching a 1/2 pint mug with my foot when I dropped one behind the bar some years ago. Bent it like Beckham through a shelf of 1/2 pint tumblers, smashing about a dozen of them! Chances are that the mug would have bounced.

Many moons ago when I did my histopathology rotation as path lab technician

On the first day after showing me the method of handling & stropping the microtome blade he warned me never to try to catch the blade if I dropped it, saying it was heavy enough & sharp enough to cut the ends of my fingers off! :(

I couldn't find my electric soldering iron. I went to buy a portable gas powered one instead. Got it home. No gas in it. Went back to buy the butane cylinder. Came back home. No nozzle adaptor to fill the gas canister. Went back to get the right canister which comes with filling adaptors. None in stock.

*Sigh*

Well yesterday actually.
Just had a new loo fitted and it was cheaper for me to stick the old one in the car along with some other junk and take it to the ti[p.
Ok so it cost me the grand sum of £4, which is acceptable, but talking to the guys that work there, it seems the site is now closed 2 days a week
and they have had ti take a 20% pay cut.
We are lucky, they have always been a chirpy helpful bunch, one of them took the old loo out of the car for me, just hope they don't leave over this

Whatever happened to "Where there's muck there's brass"? :(

We can't do without bin men and their backup.

it seems the site is now closed 2 days a week
and they have had ti take a 20% pay cut.
Bugger! who runs it? as in what company? its likly to say <whatever> council on the gate, the RoRo's the waste goes into will say the name of the recycling company on them

Whatever happened to "Where there's muck there's brass"? :(
The HWRC ( tips if you like) sites I do do pest control on, business is booming (y)

Bugger! who runs it? as in what company? its likly to say <whatever> council on the gate, the RoRo's the waste goes into will say the name of the recycling company on them

The HWRC ( tips if you like) sites I do do pest control on, business is booming (y)

Viridor
Seems it's a cost cutting exercise,

We have a maintenance guy on the the estate who used to take stuff up the tip free of charge at the end of thee day,
seems people are reluctant to pay him what it cost, so wonder what they do with it

I remember a few years back employees at tips supplemented their wages selling other peoples rubbish, bow they aren't allowed to

Viridor
Seems it's a cost cutting exercise,
TBH that doesn't really surprise me, they are not exactly one of the big players, in recycling.
They are more into land fill.

I remember a few years back employees at tips supplemented their wages selling other peoples rubbish, bow they aren't allowed to

Most of the ones I visit, have a "sales" area, but I guess the money goes back to the company these days.

Not too many years back, "Totters' Rights" were a nice little earner for those who held them. Still got sales areas at the tips we use - cheap source of 2-3 year old golf clubs!

TBH that doesn't really surprise me, they are not exactly one of the big players, in recycling.
They are more into land fill.

Most of the ones I visit, have a "sales" area, but I guess the money goes back to the company these days.

Non of ours do, they have separate skips for various types of stuff wood-metal-household-garden and then a separate place for household
appliances, fabrics, shoes etc. Loories come and remove the skips

Not too many years back, "Totters' Rights" were a nice little earner for those who held them
All "rubbish" has to have a duty of care sheet with it these days ( and has done for years)
Basically the carrier has to have the source and destination paperwork with them at al times.
Every little piece of "rubbish" has to be accounted for.

I guess the "Sales" area's are red tape driven too :(

Back