WAMT....what annoyed me today!

HMRC! I've got my P60 from work and my Sole Trader accounts are up to date and ready, so I'd like to get my self assessment out of the way, do you think I can do that? NO! Yesterday the service was unavailable (didn't expect there to be a rush on the first day!) And today my assessment page is 404 not found!

Going away to New York this weekend. Everything packed. Taxi booked. Have dollars, cash and passports. Due to print boarding cards tomorrow.

Have had a feeling all day that I've forgotten something and I can't remember what it is!

Are you sure you have the right weekend. I know someone who was already to get in the taxi for the airport, had one last glance at the tickets as they checked they had everything, then noticed their holiday was actually the following week.

Reactions: BBR
Are you sure you have the right weekend.
Flying out Sunday. Taxi booked for Sunday to drop off 2h45m before take off. Flight lands in NYC same day. Hotel booked for same day/date.
Ditto for return journey.

Have had a feeling all day that I've forgotten something and I can't remember what it is!
I know that feeling, its probably just last minute "Nerves" ;)

Going away to New York this weekend. Everything packed. Taxi booked. Have dollars, cash and passports. Due to print boarding cards tomorrow.

If you booked flights with a card don't forget to take the card with you to the airport even if it's out of date.

WAMT was completely failing to pick the ISS up in my viewfinder. Could get stars and the moon but not the bleedin' ISS! Managed to get a bird silhouetted against the moon though - needs a tweak though so might do it tomorrow.

If you booked flights with a card don't forget to take the card with you to the airport even if it's out of date.
Never knew about this. Any reason why?
Booked using credit card which i'm taking abroad anyway.

This annoyed me because the driver was a complete knob but also gave me a laugh at his expense.

White van man going into underground section of local car park, I see him slowly edge is front end under and I am immediately thinking he is not going to make it, his front end goes under and then the top edge of his van just goes under, thinking he is in the clear he gives his van a bit of juice via the accelerator and bang/crash - His lights, rack and bits of bobs on said rack did not make it under

It may only effect certain airlines or airports in other parts of the world but I know of cases where people have been refused boarding because they can't prove they were the purchaser of the ticket. I was warned about this on a safari forum I frequent so it may only be Africa but better safe than sorry. Madness I know but if you meet a jobs worth.

It may only effect certain airlines or airports in other parts of the world but I know of cases where people have been refused boarding because they can't prove they were the purchaser of the ticket. I was warned about this on a safari forum I frequent so it may only be Africa but better safe than sorry. Madness I know but if you meet a jobs worth.

I've never come across this in SA or Zim. Perhaps it does happen in other places, but how do they enforce it? You don't have to buy your own tickets. The purchaser provides the traveler's passport details, which are validated at check in.

Are you sure you have the right weekend. I know someone who was already to get in the taxi for the airport, had one last glance at the tickets as they checked they had everything, then noticed their holiday was actually the following week.
Imagine if it had been the previous week :eek::(

If you buy train tickets or cinema tickets online in the UK it is the same. Simple fraud prevention.

Blocked ears

I hate when I get blocked ears whilst showering.

I have tried everything to get the water out but they are still blocked

Blocked ears

I hate when I get blocked ears whilst showering.

I have tried everything to get the water out but they are still blocked
Vaseline in and around the ear canals. Failing that, swimear ear drops.

Waiting 10 minutes to get served a pint. Even though people realise you have been waiting before them they haven't got the manners to say no he was before me. Walked out in the end as all bar staff were interested in was serving people asking for food.

Waiting 10 minutes to get served a pint. Even though people realise you have been waiting before them they haven't got the manners to say no he was before me. Walked out in the end as all bar staff were interested in was serving people asking for food.

That would annoy me as well

I am one of the good guys and would always point out if someone was waiting before me

Sad bastards causing a road block on both lanes of the dual carriageway this morning just so they could then take up both lanes of a slip road to queue for a lowsy boot sale. I needed the same slip road to get to work. Took 5 minutes for the outside lane to clear so I could then carry on to another junction to comeback from the opposite direction and get to work. Only 3-4 miles added onto the journey. Most of the sad prices were in Audis Mercs or BMW suvs. Are they truly that hard up or can't think of anything better to do at 6:30 on a bright sunny Sunday morning?

or can't think of anything better to do at 6:30 on a bright sunny Sunday morning?
This /\ I suspect, follow like sheep ...

Bees.

Sad bastards causing a road block on both lanes of the dual carriageway this morning just so they could then take up both lanes of a slip road to queue for a lowsy boot sale. I needed the same slip road to get to work. Took 5 minutes for the outside lane to clear so I could then carry on to another junction to comeback from the opposite direction and get to work. Only 3-4 miles added onto the journey. Most of the sad prices were in Audis Mercs or BMW suvs. Are they truly that hard up or can't think of anything better to do at 6:30 on a bright sunny Sunday morning?

Roads have been hell every where today, and the idiots on bikes in their black lycra, you just know they haven't been out all winter as they struggle to pedal up a slight slope causing tailbacks

Roads have been hell every where today, and the idiots on bikes in their black lycra, you just know they haven't been out all winter as they struggle to pedal up a slight slope causing tailbacks
Had more of the motorists on the way home from work. Didn't quite grind to a halt this time only 30 on a 70mph dual carriageway as they take up both lanes to get on the slip road for the M25.

I came across a cyclist the other day, not lycra clad, he was cycling so slow I surprised he didn't lose his balance and fall over. He's have been quicker if he walked.

Last edited:
Brightly coloured ads all down my street everywhere you look. And now even popping up on and between the houses. It's always the same this time of year. Desperately trying to lure in bees and insects with coloured blossom and vivid colours in the grass where you are trying to mow.

"But Darling, if I mow the lawn, I'll cut off all the bees' food sources!" Best excuse ever, especially since Mrs Nod's a honey lover!!!

I know where the |Roundup is... :p

Most of the view of the street is obscured with blossoming trees all the way down. And it's there for one reason only to sucker in those bees. So it's like advertising on a big scale. If it was Samsung galaxy ads everyone would be complaining.

Most of the view of the street is obscured with blossoming trees all the way down. And it's there for one reason only to sucker in those bees. So it's like advertising on a big scale. If it was Samsung galaxy ads everyone would be complaining.

Are you so miserable that blossoming trees hack you off? :confused:

It's a joke.
But the point is, the wall of white, where last week was nothing, is quite dramatic. And nature gets away with it!

Last edited:
Back