WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Miserable people

Was watching a live webcam of five kittens and mummy cat on YouTube, little chat thing going on as well, then i was given the boot.

All I said was I could get a pair of slippers and a curry out of that lot

The driver of the Range Rover Vogue waiting behind me at a junction who once the road was clear to enter barely allowed me a split second to release the hand brake and get it into gear before he blasted his horn,..................... not sure if me being in the wife's tiny Honda Jazz had anything to do with it though.

Last edited:
rFyHf7sg4Y.png

The driver of the Range Rover Vogue waiting behind me at a junction who once the road was clear to enter barely allowed me a split second to release the hand brake and get it into gear before he blasted his horn,..................... not sure if me being in the wife's tiny Honda Jazz had anything to do with it though.

This conjures up the 'story' I recall of someone who had been tailgated and at the lights got out and asked the following driver if he was chasing him because he wanted something in the car that belonged to him.....!

That's just the sort of person who makes me stop and get out to check my car is ok as they have obviously seen something I don't know about! ;)

Drunk female neighbor being very loud and all round prat which has spoiled an otherwise nice afternoon

Weather

An hour ago we had snow

Right now we have sunshine and mostly clear skies

Yep that's the UK all over, was beautiful Saturday afternoon here in the Midlands so we had an impromptu BBQ, next day it was cold and grey again.

Parked in a private car park where I have permission to park [ belongs to a Church] . Locked car and left it - Blue badge prominently on the front shelf , and on my window I have another card
<<Disabled Driver
Please leave me room to open my door to access my seat .
Thank you for your consideration. >>

Came back to the car about 90 mins later - little red golf parked at 90 degrees just in front of my bonnet, and a car beside me [ parallel ] tight up against the driver's door !!

No chance of getting in ! Fortunately it was dry and sunny. 20 mins later 2 folk came back "Oh" said she " I'm sorry but I had to park as I was expecting this gentleman - yes the other one blocking my car. His comment , after I asked him if he'd seen the note on my door , " I didn't see that - sorry I had to take work in here "

Were there any other spaces in the car park ? Sure there were - 6 of 'em.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Parked in a private car park where I have permission to park [ belongs to a Church] . Locked car and left it - Blue badge prominently on the front shelf , and on my window I have another card
<<Disabled Driver
Please leave me room to open my door to access my seat .
Thank you for your consideration. >>

Came back to the car about 90 mins later - little red golf parked at 90 degrees just in front of my bonnet, and a car beside me [ parallel ] tight up against the driver's door !!

No chance of getting in ! Fortunately it was dry and sunny. 20 mins later 2 folk came back "Oh" said she " I'm sorry but I had to park as I was expecting this gentleman - yes the other one blocking my car. His comment , after I asked him if he'd seen the note on my door , " I didn't see that - sorry I had to take work in here "

Were there any other spaces in the car park ? Sure there were - 6 of 'em.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Lack of considerate observation made worse by their selfish responses :(

WAMT

Two things:-

• to add insult to injury I now have a stitch abscess in my hand surgery :(

• re Kleenex Man Sized tissues ~ a while back they reduced to tissue size and the folding/packing made them a tad awkward to get out one at a time :( but this morning noted the box look had changed.........checking the small print the box now had 90 not 100 tissues but the price is the same grrrrrr!!!

OWWWWW - I feel for you :(

As to the box of tissues - that's maddening !

WAMT

Two things:-

• to add insult to injury I now have a stitch abscess in my hand surgery :(

• re Kleenex Man Sized tissues ~ a while back they reduced to tissue size and the folding/packing made them a tad awkward to get out one at a time :( but this morning noted the box look had changed.........checking the small print the box now had 90 not 100 tissues but the price is the same grrrrrr!!!

I'm racking my brain to think of a product like that which has remained at the same price long term and not reduced in size/weight/number.
I suspect people get more annoyed if prices increase.

Just like cigarettes sometime back, dropped the pack to 18, price remained the same, recently added the two back, and promptly put the price up higher than it should have been ( Pro rata :( )

I'm racking my brain to think of a product like that which has remained at the same price long term and not reduced in size/weight/number.

Yes, many products have changed downwards with price same but this is quite noticeable when they are weight or volume controlled produce. In the case of the tissues they always had 'history' of being 100 per box but it is not a controlled product, so only the small print covers it.

Just like cigarettes sometime back, dropped the pack to 18, price remained the same, recently added the two back, and promptly put the price up higher than it should have been ( Pro rata :( )

Hmmmm! as a non smoker are they like food I.e. must clearly state the pack contents without the req to read small print?

Yes, many products have changed downwards with price same but this is quite noticeable when they are weight or volume controlled produce. In the case of the tissues they always had 'history' of being 100 per box but it is not a controlled product, so only the small print covers it.

Hmmmm! as a non smoker are they like food I.e. must clearly state the pack contents without the req to read small print?
Then for heaven sake, don't check loo rolls, kitchen rolls etc. ;)

are they like food I.e. must clearly state the pack contents without the req to read small print?
TBH I don't know, but when they went from 19 down to 18 per pack, it was quite sometime before they were labelled as such.
And the physical pack size reduced.
There are no 10 packs any more, well there is some old stock laying around I guess, all the packs are 20, and in the same black packets.
All to encourage people to stop smoking, all it does is frustrate the staff, trying to find out which brand is which, its there, but in very small print.

Then for heaven sake, don't check loo rolls, kitchen rolls etc. ;)
I always look :D The ones I buy still say 100 sheets ( kitchen towels at least)
I've just checked my Andrex quilts ( don't you just hate cheap bog rolls? ) and there isn't a quantity that I can find on the pack.

I always look :D The ones I buy still say 100 sheets ( kitchen towels at least)
I've just checked my Andrex quilts ( don't you just hate cheap bog rolls? ) and there isn't a quantity that I can find on the pack.
Average of 160 per roll. ;)

Average of 160 per roll. ;)
Hmmm I can't say that I count them "off" tbh.
But next time I'm bored that'll give me something to do :D

Hmmm I can't say that I count them "off" tbh.
But next time I'm bored that'll give me something to do :D
It's always good to have a plan "B" :D

Home Insurance :banghead::banghead:

Just got my renewal and it's gone up by £200 WTF
Got onto another company O used before and am now insured for much more for the princely sum of £118
Rang Tesco to say I wasn't renewing and got asked why..................................... really ?

There are no 10 packs any more, well there is some old stock laying around I guess, all the packs are 20, and in the same black packets.
All to encourage people to stop smoking, all it does is frustrate the staff, trying to find out which brand is which, its there, but in very small print.

My daughter told me that the other day, can't see the logic TBH, mind you I was shocked at the price when someone asked me to get them some,
so glad I packed up

:rolleyes:
Weather

An hour ago we had snow

Right now we have sunshine and mostly clear skies

Beautiful bright sunny day here today, then the temperature dropped noticeably mid afternoon, then the wind gets up ................ now it's snowing! (as they say, all 4 seasons in 1 day in the good old UK )

Rang Tesco to say I wasn't renewing and got asked why..................................... really ?
Yep Tesco have become very expensive, I cut my house insurance in half this year too (y)

can't see the logic TBH,
I don't think anyone can TBH!

I have an assortment of lidded containers around the house. When I see one, it goes in the nearest pot, and all prisoners are then lined up by the back door for eviction the next morning.

I've been going around with the fly swat murdering them.
You do realise they eat other less desirables such as silverfish, ants etc?

Crab spiders already have the ability to change colour; roll on the emergance of the chameleon spider!
Spider 1.gif

Reactions: Nod
Ah! the pecking order and balance of nature..................we interfere at our peril.

They're quite nice if you get to know them.

Mmmmmm, not really.

When I was a kid my g/ma had a MAHOOOSIVE one that lived under her kitchen sink, :eek: she even gave it a name............. John Henry o_O

When I was a kid, our MAHOOOSIVE one lived under the stairs, behind the gas meter.
I used to sneak tiny bits of cooked chicken roll out of my school sandwich supplies in the fridge to feed it.
It got quite tame, just ambling out of it's hole and taking the food of the end of a cocktail stick, then sitting out in the open eating it.
I was really chuffed that I could tell people I had a bird-eating spider living under the stairs.

Alas, we went away on holiday for a couple of weeks, and when we got back, she'd gone. :(

WAMT was the A Class's oil cap vanishing. Never had it (the cap...) off since it's never needed a top up but when Mrs Nod went to fill the windscreen washer fluid bottle, she noticed that it was a bit oily under there and spotted the open orifice (oo-err, Missis!!!) Luckily, the filler goes straight down into the sump rather than onto the valve gear so there wasn't much to clear up and there's still plenty in the thing. Anyone know how much MB charge for a replacement?:wideyed:

Last edited:
Back