WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I would do it if I could !! What worries me though is that , IIRC , when it was last changed the nice guy [ my plumbers are very helpful people source of knowledge of folk to do things ] had fun doing it :(

I think I'll put them on to the boiler Servicing schedule then they can all be done at the same time

Just found out the M3 is closed all weekend in both directions at the M25 end. We're off to Thruxton tomorrow for the BTCC too. Surely they could have picked a better weekend to close it with all the extra traffic expected this weekend.

Spotted a nice young lady across the road [ lovely family and always help me if I am in need ]

Batteries now changed - they were easy to do , but the downstairs alarm was difficult to put back together - I seem to remember the sparky complaining about that one too .

Surely they could have picked a better weekend to close it with all the extra traffic expected this weekend.
I'm sure they got the right one, other wise there would be no fun for them, now would there?
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm sure they got the right one, other wise there would be no fun for them, now would there?
:rolleyes:
It'll probably be the usual no workmen in sight.
It'll mean going down the A3, hopefully 5:45-6:00am Sunday morning there will be little traffic, I can see the return trip being a nightmare though.

Text this morning at work, asking me to follow a link as there was a security issue and they were about to freeze my HSBC account
unless I updated my security info.
Strange that I've never had an HSBC account, wonder if I'm rich without knowing ;)

Apple Centre just sent me this email:
"We noticed you logged into Icloud using Chrome on Windows 10 at 07:46 AM GMT+07:00 from Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia."

Now I don't use Apple, Chrome or Windows. So I won't be worried.

Just found out the M3 is closed all weekend in both directions at the M25 end. We're off to Thruxton tomorrow for the BTCC too. Surely they could have picked a better weekend to close it with all the extra traffic expected this weekend.

Was shut 2 weekends ago from 8pm Friday night until 5am Monday ........ improved the M25 no end! :rolleyes:

Padlock on the shed has seized up :mad:

Have dossed it up with WD40 to see if that helps

EDIT: Looks like I am going to have to purchase some bolt cutters and a new padlock

Last edited:
Was shut 2 weekends ago from 8pm Friday night until 5am Monday ........ improved the M25 no end! :rolleyes:
Went North round the M25 and down the M4 instead. Very little traffic on all the roads this morning but will be different on the way home.

Padlock on the shed has seized up :mad:

Have dossed it up with WD40 to see if that helps

EDIT: Looks like I am going to have to purchase some bolt cutters and a new padlock

Try Plusgas if you don't want to buy bolt cutters. Far better than WD40 for this sort of job.

Try Plusgas if you don't want to buy bolt cutters. Far better than WD40 for this sort of job.

Have already ordered bolt cutters & padlock

Will keep Plusgas in mind should I have similar problems down the line (y)

So I went to town and had a great day watching and taking photos of the London to Brighton Historic Vehicle run, weather not great, then coming back on the bus some old couple decide to take the micky out of a bloke who has Mental Health issues. Now I have been there,seen it and got the T shirt, this really p***** off, so I asked them WHY, they said in there day it was no such thing would happen. Trying to keep my cool I said to them that Mental Health is NOT TABOO and folk like you are very sad to judge. Enough said but some folk are so SMALL Minded, at least I can say YES I have Mental Health issues, so don`t judge me.

Well that was a waste of money

Either the bolt cutters I bought are crap or i have an extremely strong padlock

BUGGER! :(

Let it be known that there is something valuable in the shed, the local yobs will be in there before you can blink ;)

Easier to go through the hasp rather than the lock, although that does mean sacrificing the hasp as well as the padlock. Not too expensive though! A disk cutter/angle grinder should see the padlock off eventually - no point in having one (a padlock) if it's easy to cut through!

If you can't free it, how about hiring an angle grinder? With the right disc (which you will probably have to buy, but they don't cast a lot) it should do the job. I used one last year when the lock on the oil tank had seized. With a lot of sparks it went through the shackle like butter.

Dave

Just seen Nod beat me to it:)

Chester Zoo !!! Coming up north at the end of the month to visit YWP and Chester zoo
Thought I'd see about advance booking tickets, So tickets valid for just the day are cheaper, not much
but if I want to buy open tickets that last a year (in case we don't make it on the date) cost £2 more.then the gate price :thinking:
Why would anyone pay more for advance tickets then they would on the gate or are they just hoping you won't notice ?

Get a couple of spanners put an end of each spanner edge to edge in the hoop of the padlock and prise it open. Failing that place a chisel or metal bar on the flat area on top of the padlock body. Then give the chisel or metal bar a hefty wack with a large hammer.

Last edited:
Cheers for all the tips guys.

Think an angle grinder may be joining my toolkit soon

WAMT?
That damned garage that did the last service on the van!
I explicitly requested that the invisibility cloaking device be deactivated!
Seems they didn't after all :(

3 near misses in the space of 150 miles, someone tried to ram the side of me as I was going round a roundabout,
some twatt totally on the wrong side of the road for no reason whatsoever and the last one, some woman tried to back into me while I was in Stationary, in a bay, in Tesco's car park :rolleyes:

I must get a dash cam and start my own you tube channel (y)

Reactions: MDR
Cheers for all the tips guys.

Think an angle grinder may be joining my toolkit soon

Well the phrase "Like a hot knife through butter" springs to mind.

With my newly purchased angle grinder the padlock was off in less than 10 seconds

With my newly purchased angle grinder the padlock was off in less than 10 seconds
Nice. I hope you have more padlocks seize up!.... Wait...

Ian Dury and the Blockheads: This Is What We Find
"Home improvement expert
Harold Hill of Harold Hill
Of do-it-yourself dexterity
And double-glazing skill
Came home to find another gentleman's kippers In the grill
So sanded off his winkle
With his Black and Decker drill"

Last edited:
Whilst placing yet more recycling in my blue wheelie bin I pressed a little to hard and the lid came down and smacked me in my mooey :(

Nice. I hope you have more padlocks seize up!.... Wait...

Ian Dury and the Blockheads: This Is What We Find
"Home improvement expert
Harold Hill of Harold Hill
Of do-it-yourself dexterity
And double-glazing skill
Came home to find another gentleman's kippers In the grill
So sanded off his winkle
With his Black and Decker drill"

I fort it woz iz 'Ampton 'e sanded off?

WAMT was that on Monday and Tuesday I managed to score 18 and 19 Stableford points but yesterday only managed 13 in a little 9 hole competition. Of course, today I was back up in the money with 19 again. (For those who don't know, if you play to your handicap you should score 18 points so 19 is a reasonably good score. For those who don't care, 1, why have you bothered reading this far and 2, :p:p:p)

Sharing the bus with someone who thinks everyone else needs to listen to her conversation

Back