WAMT....what annoyed me today!

People who vape, I mean you never used to suck that amount of smoke into your lungs with a real ciggy. I was stood next to someone at the traffic lights, downwind, and the cloud of fumes that came out of her head would of put a Chinese steel mill to shame.

People who vape, I mean you never used to suck that amount of smoke into your lungs with a real ciggy. I was stood next to someone at the traffic lights, downwind, and the cloud of fumes that came out of her head would of put a Chinese steel mill to shame.
I don't get that either. I was following a car the other morning, and the amount of vapour coming out of the window, I thought he'd lit a BBQ with too much starter fluid!

Subway

Since when has a Subway lunch become so expensive?

£7.10 for a sub & bottle of water

Subway

Since when has a Subway lunch become so expensive?

Since they completed shutting down most of the small independents by subsidising the cost of their product to put them out of business.

That's outrageous, although I will also say I've never eaten in one of those..
Makes my Tesco £3 meal deal a bargain, especially if you go for the most "expensive" options :D

Since they completed shutting down most of the small independents by subsidising the cost of their product to put them out of business.
Now there is a surprise.

A puncture, before I even got out of the yard :banghead::banghead:

We've gone over to our own accountants to process payroll since the previous lot were useless...first payment from the new guys incorrect. *sigh*

First there was clear skies and sunshine and now it is as dark as hell, big old rain clouds in the sky.

All in the space of 10 minutes.

Welcome to Scotland

Worked for the second time on a bank holiday. Tight b'stards!

Bloody ragwort turned up in my garden! no idea where the hell that came from, I guess seeds carried on birds feet :(
Its a good job I have industrial strength weed killer!

And I'll just have to make sure I keep any errant horses away for a few days :D

The idiot on the support forum who in there haste to rebut my advice and information made a tit of themselves by not reading everything in context and posting information that actually shows my advice and information to be correct.

I don't know why I bother sometimes

Merlin entertainment charging £6 to park cars on top of their extortionate entry prices, won't be going there again !!!

Merlin entertainment charging £6 to park cars on top of their extortionate entry prices, won't be going there again !!!
:woot:

:D

( private joke ;) )

Coming back to our car in the station car park after a short break to find a penalty notice on the windscreen.

Done for failing to display a valid payment ticket, paid by cashless via the phone and only got a text as confirmation of payment.
Can't display that in the windscreen you dumbass!!

Attached a copy of the downloadable receipt in with the appeal, paid from 11.00 and done from 11.14 to 11.35, see you in court

Also why stick it right in the one place so when removed leaves a load of sticky residue in the drivers view

Last edited:

:woot:

:D

( private joke ;) )

Not that private - cheered me up too!!! ( :p:p:p )

Coming back to our car in the station car park after a short break to find a penalty notice on the windscreen.

Done for failing to display a valid payment ticket, paid by cashless via the phone and only got a text as confirmation of payment.

Attached a copy of the downloadable receipt in with the appeal, paid from 11.00 and done from 11.14 to 11.35, see you in court

Also why stick it right in the one place so when removed leaves a load of sticky residue in the drivers view

IIRC they're not supposed to stick parking tickets on windscreens for just that reason. However, not supposed to and not allowed to are a bit different.

My partner had the same not long ago. Sometimes if you pay by phone it doesn't get onto the system in time so the guy who walks round checking physical tickets doesn't know you've paid. One phone call and it was all sorted - no drama.

My partner had the same not long ago. Sometimes if you pay by phone it doesn't get onto the system in time so the guy who walks round checking physical tickets doesn't know you've paid. One phone call and it was all sorted - no drama.

Thanks, mine should be on their system though, I paid in advance on March 3rd.

Personally think it's a racket to try and scare you into coughing up the fine, that ain't happening

hanks, mine should be on their system though, I paid in advance on March 3rd.
Did it have an expiry date? :D
Personally think it's a racket to try and scare you into coughing up the fine, that ain't happening
Quite possibly! good luck but I'm sure you don't need it (y)

This should make you smile, I was away from the firms vehicle for less than two minutes, I wasn't illegally parked, but the r'sole of a traffic warden seemed to think I was,
No yellow lines no restrictions.. besides I thought they had to give you about 10 mins, ie they had to observe you twice, hence the 20 min difference on your notice.

After I looked closely at the ticket, the guy was in such a rush to write it, he got the reg. number slightly wrong.
This was in the days before the started to carry camera's.
I saw I him "down the road" and said, I've broken no laws, I'd see you in court, except, you were in such a hurry to write that, you f***ed up.. Have a nice day. :)
( Of course I didn't tell him how, and that was the last I heard of it )

This should make you smile, I was away from the firms vehicle for less than two minutes, I wasn't illegally parked, but the r'sole of a traffic warden seemed to think I was,
No yellow lines no restrictions.. besides I thought they had to give you about 10 mins, ie they had to observe you twice, hence the 20 min difference on your notice.

After I looked closely at the ticket, the guy was in such a rush to write it, he got the reg. number slightly wrong.
This was in the days before the started to carry camera's.
I saw I him "down the road" and said, I've broken no laws, I'd see you in court, except, you were in such a hurry to write that, you f***ed up.. Have a nice day. :)
( Of course I didn't tell him how, and that was the last I heard of it )

One-Nil to the motorist, well done you

Just had an email from the parking company and I quote

"Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the above Penalty Notice.
Having noted your comments and points you have raised, I can confirm that the case concerned has been closed on this occasion.
I trust the above is satisfactory and I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused"

Just had an email from the parking company and I quote
Result (y)

But I like the way these type of responses are worded, its as though they are doing you a huge favour :(

Result (y)

But I like the way these type of responses are worded, its as though they are doing you a huge favour :(

Yeah, thanks a (insert gratuitous swear word) bundle

Why is it that when you have a conversation or meeting with a company rep. you get the almost guaranteed email " how did we do" survey? look, if I fill in said survey for you.....it only takes 2 minutes! ( what clock are they using?) to save you a small fortune in the future, where is my cut?

This should make you smile,

One that I thought was brilliant.

Must be about 10 years ago when rules were different, the B.I.L took his family to Howarth one sunny Sunday & parked on a small `car park` with a dozen other cars. There was no pay & display machine & he didn't see any restriction notices, so off they went.

When he returned the car had a wheel clamp on & a note to say he needed to pay £50 to release the clamp :mad: (It was one of those private bits of land that had a tiny no parking sign stuck in a corner so they could rip you off.)

He was fuming, but rang the number given. Stood at the side of his car he could see/hear a phone ringing very near & as he looked down could see it was coming from a mobile dropped on the floor. :cool:

He found the clamper not long after & took him over to his car & asked him to remove the clamp free of charge. "Oh no, you have to pay, private land blah blah....."

"How about you take the clamp off & I'll tell you were your phone is?" :LOL: Result! :cool:

Last edited:
How about you take the clamp off & I'll tell you were your phone is?" :LOL: Result! :cool:
Every now and again, "we" get to at least break even with the bar stools (y)

I'd have been tempted to call the police and report the car as stolen in that case - or whatever depriving the owner of use is called these days on the grounds that I couldn't get hold of the clamp operator to pay them and release my car. (Then have reversed out over the carefully placed phone behind the opposite wheel...)

Bloody spiders! They are everywhere! :(

One even tried to join me in the shower this morning but I got my weapon out shower head and washed the sucker down the plug hole

Bloody spiders! They are everywhere! :(

One even tried to join me in the shower this morning but I got my weapon out shower head and washed the sucker down the plug hole

You know it's still in there, right?
Hanging upside down off the bottom of the plughole. ;)

No, it's climbed up the overflow tube and is looking at Keith's weapon and chuckling to itself, muttering "Is that all he's got?"

Bl....smoke alarm going off at 5.40am ! Nothing wrong at all in the house - presume its battery needs replacing BUT I can't do it - it's too high for me.

AND of course it's a Saturday.

This is going to be a Right Royal PITA today

Oh and of course there is another of the bloody things in the house - and that one has just peeped at me

Bl....smoke alarm going off at 5.40am ! Nothing wrong at all in the house - presume its battery needs replacing BUT I can't do it - it's too high for me.

AND of course it's a Saturday.

This is going to be a Right Royal PITA today

Oh and of course there is another of the bloody things in the house - and that one has just peeped at me

I change our alarm batteries every year on my birthday. The things aren't expensive from Lidl/Wilko (other retailers are available [but charge more!!!]) and it's worth it to avoid the (usually 2am...) wake-up beeps.

Back