WAMT....what annoyed me today!

So I had the plumber in today to look at a few of my radiators that were showing a bit of corrosion and water leakage.

It took 5 minutes for him to diagnose the need for 2 new radiators and a 3rd he may get away with changing the end cap

:(

anyone else sick to their back teeth or people on social media and forums asking the same old stupid bloody questions, does no one have the common sense or pride to look and research things for themselves anymore! if you can get on facebook etc, you can get on Google.... its bone idle laziness.... welcome to the modern generation!

But when I moan and speak up, I am in the wrong and accused of being harsh and offending people... utter hogwash

rant over!

anyone else sick to their back teeth or people on social media and forums asking the same old stupid bloody questions, does no one have the common sense or pride to look and research things for themselves anymore! if you can get on facebook etc, you can get on Google.... its bone idle laziness.... welcome to the modern generation!

But when I moan and speak up, I am in the wrong and accused of being harsh and offending people... utter hogwash

rant over!
I'd suggest quitting Facebook.

There are actually hundreds of other social networks that are all interconnected with each other. Facebook chooses not to let you connect to anything.
Many people are moving over to one of the open, 'Mastodon' compatible ones.

Last edited:
I posted this on FB sometime ago,
I logged out of FB and was greeted by this message when I signed back in again the important bit ...
By clicking on or navigating the site, you agree to allow us to collect information on and off Facebook through cookies.
On and Off? WTF?

Fb.jpg

anyone else sick to their back teeth or people on social media and forums asking the same old stupid bloody questions
That's a question, and an oft-repeated one at that.

Just sayin'. ;)

People who cant get on with other people for the sake of a greater cause/petty infighting.

As a passive person, i'm feeling quite trapped/helpless in this current situation but am too far in to just up sticks and leave!

TP is as close to social media as I've ever got. :)

I've got a farceberk account somewhere but don't have either access to the e-mail account it speaks to or any memory of the password I used when I set it up. Only did so to see someone's wedding photos many years ago and never got into it as a means of communication. The photos were crap anyway!

The buyer for my house dropped out just before exchange.
I've had that happen twice in the past, so I sympathise!
Bloody time wasters :(

Moving my van out of the yard this morning so the guy that drives the transit could bring it into my space
from the carpark, he has more parcels to load then me and we can't put all the vans in until the last lorry has been.
Go to get my van to bring it when the lorry has gone, only to find he has moved the transit to the middle of the yard
making it awkward to bring the remaining vans in :banghead:

Moving my van out of the yard this morning so the guy that drives the transit could bring it into my space
from the carpark, he has more parcels to load then me and we can't put all the vans in until the last lorry has been.
Go to get my van to bring it when the lorry has gone, only to find he has moved the transit to the middle of the yard
making it awkward to bring the remaining vans in :banghead:

Probably thought he was being helpful........................................or not as the case may be?

PS I wonder if we can send all the inconsiderate and plain awkward drivers to another deserted space away from everyone else and they can annoy each other :) I can dream can't I :LOL:

Probably thought he was being helpful........................................or not as the case may be?

PS I wonder if we can send all the inconsiderate and plain awkward drivers to another deserted space away from everyone else and they can annoy each other :) I can dream can't I :LOL:

Yes that's already the case. That's why Tesco and Asda are so terrible :D

His excuse was that he didn't want to be blocked in when the other vans came into the yard to load up, well I bought all 3 in and made sure he was well and truly blocked in ;)

His excuse was that he didn't want to be blocked in when the other vans came into the yard to load up, well I bought all 3 in and made sure he was well and truly blocked in ;)

Oh, you are aweful......................;)

The buyer for my house dropped out just before exchange. Biggest PITA is having to show people around again.

Did they give a reason for backtracking? Have you incurred any extra costs because they dropped out?

Yep, `showing folk round` is a PITA. We put our house on the market 5 or 6 weeks ago & I'm now getting fed up with tidying up. :rolleyes:

WAMT?
1) Driving around urban area's at school chucking out time, bloody mummy's :rolleyes:

2) That damned Meerkat! Retrieving a car insurance quote well within the specified time, to buy it, only to be told that it was an invalid quote.
So, I had to go through the whole bloody process again, expecting to be told that the price had gone up,
however, the company that I had originally selected, was still the same price Why? just why? :rolleyes:

3) I ordered a large item from evilB the estimated delivery was Weds / Thurs.(Dispatched within 24 hours)
I asked the seller to delay sending it for a day, so it arrived Thurs / Fri. as someone will be at home all day
those 2 days...
No problem they said ... Yay!

I got home from work today (Weds) and there was a white van man standing on my drive looking gormless,
You guessed it, he had a delivery for me FFS!
The best bit, he had 2 out of the 3 sections!
"The rest should be with you tomorrow" he said :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did they give a reason for backtracking? Have you incurred any extra costs because they dropped out?

Yep, `showing folk round` is a PITA. We put our house on the market 5 or 6 weeks ago & I'm now getting fed up with tidying up. :rolleyes:
There reason was due to family illness, so was reasonable, I suspect I will have incurred some cost but don't know how much.

There reason was due to family illness, so was reasonable, I suspect I will have incurred some cost but don't know how much.

Fair enough, if true. Hopefully any extra financial cost will be minimal, especially as you are going ahead with the sale at some point.

True or not, any loss isn't recoverable in England. :(

Maybe more a WDMT (what disturbed me today)

On the news this morning was an item as to the high numbers of police officers and cpso's who had yet to be deeply checked for their suitability for the job. I think they said in one force there were still checks to complete on 90% of the officers!!!!!

The logical inference being that a potentially significant minority might fail the checks and officer numbers will fall leaving an even bigger shortfall of officers!

Last edited:
That moment when you realise that you haven't put the bin out and it is the bin lorry you can hear outside.

That's the fastest I have moved in a long while

More upset me, a very dear friend is in intensive care after falling off a roof with serious consequences earlier this week,
He is a fighter and so far so good, just keeping everything crossed

More upset me, a very dear friend is in intensive care after falling off a roof with serious consequences earlier this week,
He is a fighter and so far so good, just keeping everything crossed

Oh, crumbs! Sorry to hear that and I hope his recovery is strong & progressive.

The bus driver who thought he was Lewis Hamilton

On same bus - The attractive young lady who asks if she can sit next to me who demonstrated why some people should not wear leggings, she was, shall we say, "well hung"

trying to sort out the mess on my hard drives!!!

just the general ones, the ones the kids use and the wife. just because they cant see their mess, doesn't mean there isn't one! I'm almost tempted to buy a couple of external drives and shove it all on there. harrumph!

Firecrest filters - just spent a small fortune on a set with holder etc, first slotting of filter into holder scratches the filter.

Dropped my lens cap out of my jacket pocket whilst out walking with my dog at the local nature reserve, retraced my steps and still couldn't find it Grrrr!!!

Dropped my lens cap out of my jacket pocket whilst out walking with my dog at the local nature reserve, retraced my steps and still couldn't find it Grrrr!!!
Annoying. Happened to me too. As a consolation, order several replacement ones at £1 each or less.

Back