WAMT....what annoyed me today!

WAMED (every day)
When I do the washing up I invariable splash a load of sudsy warm water over my front. Even with an apron on it soaks through. Won't somebody please invent a waterproof apron. Just needed to get that off my chest. Dish washer users wont understand this post.

Ummmm... Fill ya boots :)

HR departments that give you a telephone interview, an further telephone interview including role play, a 2 hour interview and then don't take you to final stage because you don't have xxx experience - That was discussed at the first interview and the CV and covering letter is pretty clear as to what I have and have not done!!!

HR departments that give you a telephone interview, an further telephone interview including role play, a 2 hour interview and then don't take you to final stage because you don't have xxx experience -

Yeah, but it's good experience for the trainee HR staff. :D

Not pushing the door open enough and catching my arm on the latch as I walked through.... ouch! :(

Amazon. Again.

Ordered something particularly expensive. It said it would be delivered between 15th and 17th. Great there's someone home each of those days.

Got an email message on Monday morning telling me it had been dispatched and would arrive on Tuesday. Kept checking the progress and nothing at all until 9pm. At which point the order details suddenly changed and it now said

"Now expected 15 Aug - 21 Aug. We’re sorry your parcel is late. If it hasn’t arrived by Tuesday, 22 Aug, please come back for more options."

They can't leave it in the porch as it requires a signature. Swmbo and I are at work Friday onwards, so unless it arrives tomorrow, nobody will be home on the other delivery days.

Feckers.

Still haven't been paid what I'm owed from previous job, 4 weeks overdue now. If I haven't heard from them by the weekend then I will be getting Acas involved. Thanks to their stalling, I have also not been paid in the new job because we've been holding out on the p45 (which has also still not been received) to get everything set up properly, so I missed last month's payday.

Ok it was yesterday but the BBC regional news had a big segment on a boat arriving in Portsmouth. They were so desperate to fill the airtime they had a piece about a a lady who lived in a flat overlooking the harbour and the view she had....is this really the best news they can find from the four or five counties they cover????

Still haven't been paid what I'm owed from previous job, 4 weeks overdue now. If I haven't heard from them by the weekend then I will be getting Acas involved. Thanks to their stalling, I have also not been paid in the new job because we've been holding out on the p45 (which has also still not been received) to get everything set up properly, so I missed last month's payday.

If there is holiday outstanding I wouldn't wait, my mum lost out on a previous Job because they stalled her past 90 days.

In the absence of a P45, your employer should have completed a Starter Checklist and submitted it to HMRC.
Yes, you may have paid "emergency" tax, but there's no way you should have been excluded from the payroll.

As Ruth says, there is a mechanism to deal with this scenario.
Your new employer should have paid you on a 'month 1' basis. You pay more tax (it assumes no personal allowance) but you make it back later as your tax code will get adjusted.
Your new employer needs their arse kicking for messing up something so basic. HR departments really are useless.

Reactions: BBR
I know 3 people that have all been done for 37 in a 30 this last week. They must be desperate for fines revenue.

But where do you draw the line as far as speeding goes? If 37 in a 30 is "OK", why isn't 100? Bothe are illegal and the 30 is a LIMIT not a target. I'm not saying that I'm a saint but I do tend to stick to the posted limits in town, especially 20 and 30 limits. BTW, a speedo is likely to read 32 when the actual speed is 30 so at 36, your speedo will probably have been reading close to 40...

I know 3 people that have all been done for 37 in a 30 this last week. They must be desperate for fines revenue.

Do you not think 37 in a 30 is doable?
Personally I think 31 is enough.

A lot of the 30 limits they hang out in used to be 40 or even 60 limits. They keep moving the 30s further into the middle of nowhere as well. I stick to them but frankly they're taking the pee with some of them now.

A lot of the 30 limits they hang out in used to be 40 or even 60 limits. They keep moving the 30s further into the middle of nowhere as well. I stick to them but frankly they're taking the pee with some of them now.
They're only taking the p if you're not adhering, surely.

but frankly they're taking the pee with some of them now.
A short stretch of the A14 near Cambridge, road works continuing for 3 years, dual carriageway, 40MPH, backed up with average speed camera's
Those massive concrete blocks to the left, closing one lane off, "road works" a few 100 yards across a field to the left ..
So grass bank, ditch, wooden fence, drive across a field to get to the "works" :rolleyes:

Who else remembers the days of motorway lanes coned off and no reduction in speed limits?

Last edited:
Bus driver who didn't seem to know what the accelerator pedal was for, arrived at my destination half and hour late

The bus driver on the way back however thought it was fun to see how fast the bus would go paying no attention to red traffic signals driving through 3 of them on the way home

Amazon. Again. Ordered something particularly expensive. It said it would be delivered between 15th and 17th. Great there's someone home each of those days. Got an email message on Monday morning telling me it had been dispatched and would arrive on Tuesday. Kept checking the progress and nothing at all until 9pm. At which point the order details suddenly changed and it now said "Now expected 15 Aug - 21 Aug. We’re sorry your parcel is late. If it hasn’t arrived by Tuesday, 22 Aug, please come back for more options." They can't leave it in the porch as it requires a signature. Swmbo and I are at work Friday onwards, so unless it arrives tomorrow, nobody will be home on the other delivery days.

Feckers.

So now, not only did they deliver the item a week late, it's come with a 2-pin plug instead of a UK 3-pin one. Meanwhile, the price has gone up.

Does anyone know whether Amazon will exchange it? Or will I have to send it back, get a refund and buy it? The cost has gone up by £50 in the meantime.

It's illegal to sell mains appliances in the UK without a BS1363 plug/lead.
Point this out to Amazon and demand they send a new mains lead or a screw-on adaptor plug (plug in adaptors are also illegal for anything except toothbrushes or shavers).

It's illegal to sell mains appliances in the UK without a BS1363 plug/lead.
Point this out to Amazon and demand they send a new mains lead or a screw-on adaptor plug (plug in adaptors are also illegal for anything except toothbrushes or shavers).
Thanks. I'll contact them and see what happens.

It's a 2-pin 220V Euro round-pin plug, right?
If it's an American 110V flat pin plug, check the voltage of the appliance, 'cos 110V stuff tends to go bang if plugged in over here.

It's a 2-pin 220V Euro round-pin plug, right?
Yup. It's a fancy german tap with a built in filter. It was cheaper at Amazon by £200 than elsewhere. I posted a question in the item listing and one person confirms it comes with a UK plug. But mine didn't.
There's nothing in the listing to show it's anything other than UK. The price of the tap has gone up £50 since I ordered it. Certainly the instructions show it runs at 220-240V.

Well Amazon wish to issue a refund and for me to return the item. Will need to chat with SWMBO whether she's happy to wait whilst I send it back and buy again, or just use an adaptor.

It would appear from what the OP said, that the plug in question is a German-made European CEE 7 series. Nothing dodgy, just not safe on UK 60A ring circuits.

But where do you draw the line as far as speeding goes? If 37 in a 30 is "OK", why isn't 100? Bothe are illegal and the 30 is a LIMIT not a target. I'm not saying that I'm a saint but I do tend to stick to the posted limits in town, especially 20 and 30 limits. BTW, a speedo is likely to read 32 when the actual speed is 30 so at 36, your speedo will probably have been reading close to 40...
Speedo probably was reading 40, I'm annoyed because I missed the 30 sign, I did have a clean licence. Not bad for someone who does 40k miles per year.

just not safe on UK 60A ring circuits.
It's on a 32A circuit. But I'm still not 100% happy. I f the item had been delivered last week as promised, I could have returned it last Wednesday and ordered a new one by now.

For the £50 it'll cost to get the right plug, I'd get a converter or change the plug.

Bonkers! :rolleyes:

I'm always an extra bit cautious when someone uses Ms. :cautious: Ms Ditheridge :LOL: (sounds like summat out of a Carry on film)

Back