WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Bugger!
Thankfully mine has remained fairly weed free, since late spring.
You lucky, lucky....

I put cloverleaf blanket answer in, in about May I think. Sorted it for a while. Stuff aint cheap either. Really could do with shading the pond somehow and maybe adding lots more plants.

Well Amazon wish to issue a refund and for me to return the item. Will need to chat with SWMBO whether she's happy to wait whilst I send it back and buy again, or just use an adaptor.
So returned the parcel on Saturday. I hadn't realised it wasn't via Royal Mail but passmyparcel...

Well, here's a legal/safe adaptor if you decide to go with that option.

For the £50 it'll cost to get the right plug, I'd get a converter or change the plug.
...and today I get an email from the manufacturer offering to post out the right plug for free. :rolleyes:

Really could do with shading the pond somehow and maybe adding lots more plants.

I had a pond a few years ago (10`x8`x4`-6" deep) & tried the `chemical` treatments. They worked for a time but I preferred a less costly & chemical free remedy.

A small bale of barley straw, made a difference. I also bought quite few floating plants as well (Water Hyacinths & fairy moss etc) & a lot of `oxygenators` in the bottom.

If you get a water lily, the leaves will provide plenty of surface shade, as well as lovely flowers. (y)

Last edited:
You lucky, lucky....

I put cloverleaf blanket answer in, in about May I think. Sorted it for a while. Stuff aint cheap either. Really could do with shading the pond somehow and maybe adding lots more plants.
I've tried the chemical stuff in the past with little success...
I do run a UV light, attached to the filter, early in the season. That seems to help.
This year though, the Water lily has come into its own, and covering about half the area,
And as for the Start wart :rolleyes: that covered the other half very quickly.
I hacked it right back a few weeks ago, and guess what? Yep, its back with a vengeance!

The other thing which may be helping, following a heron attack, late last summer, I have heavy duty netting stretched out just above the pond, this obviously helps to shade the pond too.
But I'm not really sure if it is helping to keep the weed down, or not.
Maybe a combination of both the lily and the netting?

And as @OldCarlos mentioned, although I've never tried it, I have heard good things about the Barley straw ...

Yep for ponds the more plants the better to prevent algae marginal ones like reeds are good too
Plants starve the algae of food so stop it growing

I've tried the chemical stuff in the past with little success...
I do run a UV light, attached to the filter, early in the season. That seems to help.
This year though, the Water lily has come into its own, and covering about half the area,
And as for the Start wart :rolleyes: that covered the other half very quickly.
I hacked it right back a few weeks ago, and guess what? Yep, its back with a vengeance!

The other thing which may be helping, following a heron attack, late last summer, I have heavy duty netting stretched out just above the pond, this obviously helps to shade the pond too.
But I'm not really sure if it is helping to keep the weed down, or not.
Maybe a combination of both the lily and the netting?

And as @OldCarlos mentioned, although I've never tried it, I have heard good things about the Barley straw ...

Concrete will work as well

Finding out that an ex colleague of mine that was hit by a train, did it deliberately, much as I liked him
it is unforgiveable to put the driver through it

Finding out that an ex colleague of mine that was hit by a train, did it deliberately, much as I liked him
it is unforgiveable to put the driver through it

Tragic from all aspects :(

Is it still summer?

All windows open and fan on because it was 23C in my bedroom last night ....... today, heating on and cat under the duvet :runaway:

Last edited:
Inconsiderate parking.
Parking is tight in our road, but it doesn't help when someone dumps their car (after going backwards and forwards for five minutes) exactly in the middle of a large, two car space - selfish gits. That happened this morning at around 8.00, and the selfish git is still there, so are the other cars he parked between.

Oh did you have rain? :p
Not quite on Huston ( we have a problem) Texas's scale, but enough to stop me staining some wood I'd planned :(

Inconsiderate parking.
Parking is tight in our road, but it doesn't help when someone dumps their car (after going backwards and forwards for five minutes) exactly in the middle of a large, two car space - selfish gits. That happened this morning at around 8.00, and the selfish git is still there, so are the other cars he parked between.
We get this a lot on our street. We live in the centre of Lincoln and our street is used as a car park by commuters. Frequently there will be 2/3 of a car space between each parked car.

Car dealers - I'm currently being ignored by 2. Obviously selling cars to people willing to buy is not the whole nature of their business. :rolleyes:

A remote working (from home) admin assistant made an admin "error" and screwed up a possible house move for me :mad:

Tattoo artist; who after starting a sleeve for me hasn't replied to email, text or got back to me after I called into the studio and spoke to the receptionist who promised they'd call me back.
If he doesn't want to do the piece then he should have the balls to tell me

Snail slow Wi-Fi. Only 2Mb/s but feels like mb/s! Better than 2 years ago though - no Wi-Fi here at all.

Well I had an interesting situation this morning.

Was in the process of cleaning my recently newly fitted windows to discover that when they went around the outside of the windows to weather seal them with silicone they managed to totally seal one of my windows shut with sealant.

they managed to totally seal one of my windows shut with sealant.
Unbelievable :rolleyes:

You aren't having a lot of luck at the moment, are you Keith?

The idiot who didn't know the width of their vehicle and decided to drive in the middle of the road, forcing me off
so my n/s mirror hit a branch and smashed, van drivers will understand.
Luckily I have loads of elastic bands in the van so was able to keep the mirror in place, despite it being half shattered

Back