WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Technically it was last week but:
It's the start of the summer holidays and the supermarkets have shelves of "Back to school" stuff. In July. I'd have thought it would have been better to have toys, games and other activities to occupy children during the summer.

However, strangely, it does make me reminiscent of during the annual shop of stationery supplies before the start of the autumn term.

Rather than leave it in situ, please get it out of your home asap. Lord knows what will happen if the fridge/freezer wall gives way due to the pressure being built up inside.

I agree, from the description of what has happened part of the refrigerant pipework has failed within the enclosure at the back of the fridge and breathing in refrigerant is not at all good for your lungs.

WAMT was leaving 2 tails about 3" shorter than would have been ideal for fitting the new kitchen lights. If I wasn't so tight, I'd have cut longer lengths and stuck the too short ones somewhere safe to use elsewhere! Managed to do the connections - it was just a bit fiddly.

Got a letter today from landlord telling me they are coming to fit new double glazing........ tomorrow!

I now have to run round like a blue arsed fly taking down blinds, curtains, all the tracks and fittings, clear all windowsills and make sure the area around the windows are clear of furniture so the workmen have room to work.

I knew I was getting new windows but I was under the impression it was going to be much later in the year and that I would be given plenty of notice.

Landlords are required to give reasonable notice (there should be a clause to that effect in your tenancy agreement).
You would probably be in your rights to tell the workman to F off, but since you probably want the double glazing, I'd let them do their thing and instead write to your landlord reminding him/her that the tenancy agreement imposes certain obligations that you expect him to honour.

I had the estate manager around just last week as well to discuss a possible move yet they never said anything about it

I had the estate manager around just last week as well to discuss a possible move
They are getting the windows done at your inconvenience before the new tenants move in :D

Indeed, the place does need the windows replaced though

Also I guess it could be a "selling" point for any possible transfers etc.... new double glazing fitted

Well there you go.... Knock on the door, answer it, and there stood the foreman of the gang who will be fitting my windows.

He explained that there will be 6 of them rocking up at 8am to do the work

They had to give reasonable notice.
One day isn't reasonable.

If you've had to take time off work to prepare, I'd send them a bill.

6am this morning, absolutely hissing down, still black as night,
To the Donut in the black ford focus, with no lights on, and passing me ( and everyone else) while you were doing well over the legal limit, on the A1, you are a twatt!

Well they have been and are now gone, all finished.

Not impressed that 6 off my blinds now no longer fit :mad:

Technically it was last week but:
It's the start of the summer holidays and the supermarkets have shelves of "Back to school" stuff. In July. I'd have thought it would have been better to have toys, games and other activities to occupy children during the summer.

However, strangely, it does make me reminiscent of during the annual shop of stationery supplies before the start of the autumn term.

As soon as the schools start again they'll take away all the school stuff and get the shelves stacked with Christmas stuff.

Halloween first.(y)
Have a look around. :D
The chocolate Santas/Snowmen will be lurking in a corner somewhere.
I've found them in early September before, but I don't know how long they'd been there.

(Also look out for the baubles and snowflakes appearing on food packaging looong before the shops go all festive.)

Being woken up by smoke alarm. Yet another 10 year alarm has packed in for no reason. Two years this one has lasted. Wish I'd kept the geriatric one I had before that went off when I burned toast but worked fine.

As soon as the schools start again they'll take away all the school stuff and get the shelves stacked with Christmas stuff.

Halloween first.(y)

Have a look around. :D
The chocolate Santas/Snowmen will be lurking in a corner somewhere.
I've found them in early September before, but I don't know how long they'd been there.

(Also look out for the baubles and snowflakes appearing on food packaging looong before the shops go all festive.)

First Christmas stuff I saw last year...Dobbie's...last week of August. :eek:

Shut up ..... just shut up ...... all of you!!! :runaway:

WAMED (every day)
When I do the washing up I invariable splash a load of sudsy warm water over my front. Even with an apron on it soaks through. Won't somebody please invent a waterproof apron. Just needed to get that off my chest. Dish washer users wont understand this post.

I was dragged to a garden centre earlier this week and they had Christmas stuff out on display.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-10_10-14-30.png
    upload_2017-8-10_10-14-30.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 21
When a bank phones you up out of the blue to try and give you a credit card, but first want you to prove who you are by giving them your birthday and postcode etc. Wait, YOU called ME! Maybe you should prove who YOU are??

Back