WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I wonder how usable the extra 130 BHP is in real life, responsible driving.
Due to the car kicking into awd when it needs to, it is very usable, very handy for accelerating going into bends where other cars would be braking. Put the suspension into sport and it's even better still.

In addition, whose funds paid for said prostitute(s)?

Sorry returning to an old post, it turns out it was more the 'demand' of sex in return for aid, where aid was either withheld or extra was given if 'favours' were returned. Apparently in some places it was so bad that only the men went for the assistance. It wasn't just Oxfam but was an ongoing part of a lot of aid agencies by a few and was never reported so some just changed aid agencies.

WAMT - Idiots who think they are gods gift to driving and 'it won't be that bad' then spin their cars and get them stuck. Got the young lad to sit on his bonnet of his focus whilst I eased it out the snow drift he'd finished in as he was incapable of using less than full throttle...

I quite fancy this little upgrade:
http://www.bbrgti.com/product/bbr-mx-5-nd-super-200/

£2400 fitted by them, increase the MX-5 by 45bhp from 160 to 205 and and extra 26 ft/lbs. drops the 0-60 from 7.3 secs to 5.7, so turning it from brisk to nippy.
My wife doesn't think it needs it. I may have to 'discover' a fault with the engine that needs some work on it... :D

Just got to pay for the other one first :(

Reactions: Nod
You just have the wrong car :D
No It's definitely the right car. Docile around town and even on part throttle accelerates quite briskly, still considering the warranty friendly extra 25bhp Mountune upgrade though.

I rather fancy a big bore kit for the R III!!! I can get a supercharger but no BBK. :(

WAMT is more sodding snow. Yes, it's pretty for a while but after an hour or 2 it's just boring and a PITA. Roll on, the thaw!

WAMT is more sodding snow. Yes, it's pretty for a while but after an hour or 2 it's just boring and a PITA. Roll on, the thaw!
It is getting a bit tedious now, the car needs a good clean again but is getting covered in yet another blanket of snow at the moment.

Nothing wrong with the snow - it was the freezing rain that came after it. The whole back end of my Defender plus wing mirrors were ammiled. Three sprays of deicer, two hot cloths and the scraper on one of the wing mirrors wouldn't touch it. Who needs to see behind! Lucky I hadn't parked the other way round - I'd be stuck away from home till the thaw.
WAMT though - all this snow and because I was away from home, no camera. I just cannot take photos with a phone.

I rather fancy a big bore kit for the R III!!! I can get a supercharger but no BBK. :(

Mrs F cleared both cars at lunchtime, they are now covered in snow again and she has to go out again! She's had to go out just twice a day for the last few days to sort the horse which is only a mile away, hoping it's not going to knacker the battery!

Mrs F cleared both cars at lunchtime, they are now covered in snow again and she has to go out again! She's had to go out just twice a day for the last few days to sort the horse which is only a mile away, hoping it's not going to knacker the battery!

Would the horse fit in the garden? Might be easier just to bring it to you than keep going over there! It will flatten the battery doing such a short trip twice a day. Won't do a normal engine much good either as a mile is a very short trip.

Would the horse fit in the garden? Might be easier just to bring it to you than keep going over there! It will flatten the battery doing such a short trip twice a day. Won't do a normal engine much good either as a mile is a very short trip.

No, the horse needs her stable at night and an acre during the day.

I would guess no horse-sized shelters in the garden, and it's freezing cold, blowing a gale, and snowing.
Would be bad going out tomorrow to find the horse has a flat battery. :(

No It's definitely the right car. Docile around town and even on part throttle accelerates quite briskly, still considering the warranty friendly extra 25bhp Mountune upgrade though.

I do sometimes wonder, with all these add on driver aids, how many people would actually cope if cars went back to basics.
Both my van and my private car only have ABS and power steering, everything else is down to my judgement

And ABS isn't a driving aid?

I have found something brilliant in Tesco for wiping snow off cars. It is supposed to be for dusting in the home, but it is similar to a microfiber "wooly" car cleaning mit but longer on a bendy bit of rubber with a plastic handle. Only cost £2.00. Perfect for wiping loose snow off the roof, Windows and bonnet. It is also great for clearing the snow from the gaps in the rear spoiler.

I do sometimes wonder, with all these add on driver aids, how many people would actually cope if cars went back to basics.
Both my van and my private car only have ABS and power steering, everything else is down to my judgement

Power steering on the Tvr, most stuff on the mx5 but the stability control gets turned off by me almost always as I don't like the way it robs the power suddenly unsettling the car. Mazda 6 has everything on all the time.

My type N licence ran out a couple of years ago, so I think I'm good.

But neither your van nor your car would be putting 350PS through the front wheels. As already mentioned though driver aids can be turned off, hence the additional modes on the car, two of which are not for road use.

Power steering on the Tvr, most stuff on the mx5 but the stability control gets turned off by me almost always as I don't like the way it robs the power suddenly unsettling the car.
That is the beauty of the RS, instead of robbing the car of power when it looses traction, it just shifts it to other wheels to compensate.

How long does the horse husbandry take? If it's not too long, maybe leaving the engine running while she's doing what needs doing would keep the battery happy? Or invest in a little battery conditioner/charger and leave it trickle charging overnight. https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/101597

Takes a little while to turn out, muck out, yak for half an hour. :D

She's off further afield tomorrow so should be fine

I have found something brilliant in Tesco for wiping snow off cars. It is supposed to be for dusting in the home, but it is similar to a microfiber "wooly" car cleaning mit but longer on a bendy bit of rubber with a plastic handle. Only cost £2.00. Perfect for wiping loose snow off the roof, Windows and bonnet. It is also great for clearing the snow from the gaps in the rear spoiler.

She has a sort of long handled squeegy thing that seems to work quite well.

Takes a little while to turn out, muck out, yak for half an hour. :D

Turn out, muck out, start car, yak for 1/2 hour while battery charges and heater makes it like an oven!

Yes but not as quickly as when at normal driving revs.

An email from Ocado cancelling our delivery today because of the weather!!!

Well Friday really, my lovely 15yo Leon passing it's MOT with flying colours, Love that car, hopefully it will keep going will the next one :love:

is a bit of a give away... ;)

15 year old ones? And you're far to sensible to have a hot hatch!

Just shows how well you know me, not that well at all (n)

Sensible and @Gremlin are not 2 words that I would use in the same sentence :D

Thus speaks a brave man who has travelled in the passenger seat and survived (y)
Well physically of not mentally :p

Thus speaks a brave man who has travelled in the passenger seat and survived (y)
Well physically of not mentally :p
Only just only just!

So, is yours a hot hatch or a more sensible one?

I have points on my nectar card from fuel when we used to fill the vans at BP
With daughter having just got a flat we went to the big sainsburys in Godalming
to use them in the household department.......................................!!!
Seems you can only use them in the store you normally shop in unlesss you have been to another shop more
then 3 times
Great, the only sainsbury I use is a small sainsbury extra, handy for emergencies but not a lot else
Talking to the cashier she said she only found out last christmas when a few people had saved the points
to get their christmas food, and couldn't do it.
Guess who's nectar card is about to become a car de-icer

I have points on my nectar card from fuel when we used to fill the vans at BP
With daughter having just got a flat we went to the big sainsburys in Godalming
to use them in the household department.......................................!!!
Seems you can only use them in the store you normally shop in unlesss you have been to another shop more
then 3 times
Great, the only sainsbury I use is a small sainsbury extra, handy for emergencies but not a lot else
Talking to the cashier she said she only found out last christmas when a few people had saved the points
to get their christmas food, and couldn't do it.
Guess who's nectar card is about to become a car de-icer
There are plenty of other places you can use your nectar points, Argos, eBay and many more.

Back