WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Co-flippin-Codamol

BIG ones

mends my back overnight, whether its a viable long term solution with no deterioration effect, is.....unknown, at this time

I'll let you know in 20 years

:cautious:

weather :(

It's snowing heavily here - but probably won't last long , then it will be OK for a bit and then the white stuff starts again.

I know I'm not the most sympathetic of people when they have a trivial illness like a cough or a cold but we have a bloke in the office who has had a cough since last week, not a little cough a full-on lung coming up cough, does he take time off and avoid us all getting a dose, does he bo!!ox, getting right on my Bristols. Walking about deflecting teh germs with his hands then putting them on the coffee machine, the photocopier, everything, with luck he'll pass out and get taken to A&E soon.
Matt
(Grumpy with everything old git)

Co-flippin-Codamol

BIG ones

mends my back overnight, whether its a viable long term solution with no deterioration effect, is.....unknown, at this time

Just had a telephone consult with my GP and that's what she's prescribed for me. Just got to wait for Mrs F to get home from work and pick it up.

WAMT is a liquid that's more expensive than inkjet ink - Xalatan (for Ocular Hypertension). £8.40 (IIR the prescription charge C) for a teaspoonful. Must try to remember to see if I can get the doc to up the number of bottles they prescribe at a time next time I need an appointment.

WAMT is a liquid that's more expensive than inkjet ink - Xalatan (for Ocular Hypertension). £8.40 (IIR the prescription charge C) for a teaspoonful. Must try to remember to see if I can get the doc to up the number of bottles they prescribe at a time next time I need an appointment.

Is that how much prescriptions are now? Thank god for prepayment certificates. A little over £10 a month compared to £8.40 per item otherwise I'd be forking out £42 a month.

Edit: I missed one, £50.40! :eek:

Last edited:
Used to get free 'scrips but now I don't take Metformin I have to pay. Don't really mind - my sight's worth £8.40 per month or 2. Crazy that some lifelong conditions get you free 'scrips while others don't (and that some medications that are proven to work well are still awaiting approval here in the UK.)

Used to get free 'scrips but now I don't take Metformin I have to pay. Don't really mind - my sight's worth £8.40 per month or 2. Crazy that some lifelong conditions get you free 'scrips while others don't (and that some medications that are proven to work well are still awaiting approval here in the UK.)

Indeed. Mrs F gets free prescriptions (hyperthyroidism) but I don't

I have a prepayment card. If you have to pay for one item a month, the total cost over a year is £103.20. A prepayment card is £104. That will cover anything more so if I need even a single course of treatment eg antibiotics, I don't have to pay extra.

Crazy that some lifelong conditions get you free 'scrips while others don't (and that some medications that are proven to work well are still awaiting approval here in the UK.)

Even crazier is that ALL the prescriptions are free .... not just the ones that make you eligable! :thinking:

Just totally unfair and stoopid! Just my opinion ..... :mad:

Have to agree. As it turned out, fairly soon after I was given an exemption certificate, I was taken off the medication that qualified me for it. Was still allowed to use the certificate until it expired about 9 months ago which was handy when I was on several medications for a while after an operation.

Move to Scottishland prescriptions are free :)

eBay and Sony Z2s! No.1 arrived and the previous owner had put an empty sim adapter back in, when I pulled out the sim tray the adapter pulled out the contacts! No.2 Has lasted quite well but has now become faulty so today No.3 landed. Doesn't recognise sim... Looks like it's on to hunting for a No.4

ETA: There was also the one that didn't turn up before Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my Tesco Clubcard vouchers for days out
Have always exchanged a few in advance so I have some in stock.
They have always been use anywhere that takes the non specific ones
Yesterday I exchanged £15 of points to £60 worth of vouchers, or so I thought,
I now have a £60 Whipsnade zoo entry voucher :banghead:
Not really a lot of use to me as I have membership anyway
Seems you now have to order exactly what you want for everything

I use my Tesco Clubcard vouchers for days out
Have always exchanged a few in advance so I have some in stock.
They have always been use anywhere that takes the non specific ones
Yesterday I exchanged £15 of points to £60 worth of vouchers, or so I thought,
I now have a £60 Whipsnade zoo entry voucher :banghead:
Not really a lot of use to me as I have membership anyway
Seems you now have to order exactly what you want for everything

Have you tried speaking to their customer service? I have found the pretty helpful and they may be able to "undo" the transaction .... :)

Phone nos. 0808 100 0707 or 0330 123 0707 (from mobiles)

Last edited:
Have you tried speaking to their customer service? I have found the pretty helpful and they may be able to "undo" the transaction .... :)

Phone nos. 0808 100 0707 or 0330 123 0707 (from mobiles)

Cheers Heather I'll give them a ring, seems they send these things via email now and you either print it or show your phone
at the entry. Great but I don't use my phone for email :rolleyes:

Even crazier is that ALL the prescriptions are free .... not just the ones that make you eligable! :thinking:

Just totally unfair and stoopid! Just my opinion ..... :mad:

Agree with you on that, also not sure why diabetes is eligible and asthma isn't, both potentially lethal.

Co-flippin-Codamol

BIG ones

You might find it takes nearly that long to use the facilities again, codeine is extremely constipating

Needed some loft boards. Picked up 8 packs of boards. Went to the checkout and the girl asked how many. I said 8. Went to the car and counted them as I put them away. Somehow got 9. Figured I must've counted wrong first time round.

Anyway, like a good little boy, I went to return the extra one I hadn't paid for. Told the same cashier who thanked me. Drove home and unpacked.

Guess how many packs there were?

Needed some loft boards. Picked up 8 packs of boards. Went to the checkout and the girl asked how many. I said 8. Went to the car and counted them as I put them away. Somehow got 9. Figured I must've counted wrong first time round.

Anyway, like a good little boy, I went to return the extra one I hadn't paid for. Told the same cashier who thanked me. Drove home and unpacked.

Ah! the joys of senior moments :LOL:

:facepalm:

:LOL:

Bet ya didn't go back to claim the missing pack :oops: :$ :D

You will probably find you only need 7 packs plus one board. At least you now know where to find a plank to fill the gap. ;)

You will probably find you only need 7 packs plus one board. At least you now know where to find a plank to fill the gap. ;)
:LOL:

Worse than that. I needed only five packs because I reused some of the older ones already in the loft. As it stands, pretty much all done.

IME, Wickes, B&Q and Homebase are pretty good at giving refunds for unopened packs so you should be able to drop them in next time you're passing.

The idiot in the 4WD that drove through an empty space to park next to the space I was reversing into, leaving me about 6i nches (152mm)
to open the door and get out of the car, then got upset when I didn't as his passenger couldn't get out either :rolleyes:

The idiot in the 4WD that drove through an empty space to park next to the space I was reversing into, leaving me about 6i nches (152mm)
to open the door and get out of the car, then got upset when I didn't as his passenger couldn't get out either :rolleyes:

Ah! the joys of meeting drivers(?) of large 4x4 vehicles who have none to limited concept of the size or turning circle of it...... sometimes I get the impression they don't even know that the steering wheel actually goes further than they usually turn it :LOL: :(

The last quarter of the financial year, also known as temporary traffic lights breeding season!

The like is for the post, NOT the end of year roadworks. 3 routes to get through town and all 3 have significant roadworks. I bet they don't mend any of the potholes that seem to be breeding faster then they're being repaired (I say repaired, meaning they've had a shovelful of tarry grit lobbed in...)

The like is for the post, NOT the end of year roadworks. 3 routes to get through town and all 3 have significant roadworks. I bet they don't mend any of the potholes that seem to be breeding faster then they're being repaired (I say repaired, meaning they've had a shovelful of tarry grit lobbed in...)

Sounds pretty much like here, whole town is gridlocked at peak!

I don't often need to get through town at anywhere near peak time but I had to today (to get to the bike shop before someone beat me to it!!!). Took me over 1/2 an hour to get 2 miles - usually a 5-10 minute trip. Made it in time to do the deal and get to my course. I usually don't mind sitting in traffic - it's a very comfortable car but I found myself trying to listen to the breakfast DJ on R6Music - should have switched to R2!

That reminds me of something a mate posted on Facebook yesterday.

How is it that councils don't have any tarmac to fix potholes, yet they have more than enough to install speed bumps?

They use the plastic bolt down speed cushions here. All curling up at the edges. There's one road where it's impossible to not straddle them so I take a mile detour in my car to avoid them. It's just possible to get the s***box along there and its tyres are a bit cheaper.

Thought we had justice in this country... https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/sarah-hand-drink-driver-a1307-14238961(in earlier stories it said she was 4.5 times the limit, I am surprised at the report of 2 times after drinking half a bottle of vodka) - so she drives over the limit, after taking drugs and will be out in 4 years... Rubbish!

To drive in this state just beggars belief! Yes, the justice system should be there to rehabilitate, but in cases like this it should be pure punishment. She will serve 4 years, is that all this poor womans life is worth? 10 would be the starting point.

Also I did not know there was a 'limit' you could be over for dug use, I would have thought it would be black and white.

Car is doing my head in this week! Finally got the quote for shipping the quarter panel over from Japan - £495, or £20 less than the panel itself! If that wasn't enough expense, the exhaust back box baffles have given up so it sounds like I'm driving a very loud, angry dyson, and the handbrake light switch has jammed on so I have a red light constantly staring at me. Oh and I finally have had a first communication about the accident that caused me to need the quarter panel, which happened in the first week of November, asking me to reply within 21 days!

Car is doing my head in this week! Finally got the quote for shipping the quarter panel over from Japan - £495, or £20 less than the panel itself! If that wasn't enough expense, the exhaust back box baffles have given up so it sounds like I'm driving a very loud, angry dyson, and the handbrake light switch has jammed on so I have a red light constantly staring at me. Oh and I finally have had a first communication about the accident that caused me to need the quarter panel, which happened in the first week of November, asking me to reply within 21 days!

There is a jap car spares place at St Asaph. Wonder if they have a panel? Could be cheaper to bu a whole non runner off fleabay by the sound of it. Keep the bits you want and flog the rest.

There is a jap car spares place at St Asaph. Wonder if they have a panel? Could be cheaper to bu a whole non runner off fleabay by the sound of it. Keep the bits you want and flog the rest.

Any idea what it's called? Never heard of anything over that way. Been keeping my eyes out for another cheap one, but everything's too far away to bother and the cheap ones tend to be too rusty to make the panel viable, not to mention the time spent trying to flog bits, strip and scrap the remains etc - I have still been weighing it up as an option!

Back