WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Haven't been there for quite a few years. I'll have a ferret in my email and see if I can find it. The person that told me about it is abroad doing race support at the minute unfortunately.

I can't find anything more about it. But on google maps in a place called Lloc next door to a&b caravans there is a business called Park View garage. I'm pretty certain it was on that site area or right next door. I'd think they would know. I remember the location layout and the caravan place name. It was definitely on that patch of land. It's right off the a55 as I remember.

Last edited:
Car is doing my head in this week! Finally got the quote for shipping the quarter panel over from Japan - £495, or £20 less than the panel itself! If that wasn't enough expense, the exhaust back box baffles have given up so it sounds like I'm driving a very loud, angry dyson, and the handbrake light switch has jammed on so I have a red light constantly staring at me. Oh and I finally have had a first communication about the accident that caused me to need the quarter panel, which happened in the first week of November, asking me to reply within 21 days!
There's a Japanese Car spares place in Coventry. No personal experience, just someone I knew once mentioned them. They have an enquiry form.

Car is doing my head in this week! Finally got the quote for shipping the quarter panel over from Japan - £495, or £20 less than the panel itself! If that wasn't enough expense, the exhaust back box baffles have given up so it sounds like I'm driving a very loud, angry dyson, and the handbrake light switch has jammed on so I have a red light constantly staring at me. Oh and I finally have had a first communication about the accident that caused me to need the quarter panel, which happened in the first week of November, asking me to reply within 21 days!

Not sure what your car is, but have you tried this place? https://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/breaking/

Grrr... Picked up the new toy but weather turned worse so couldn't play today. Now feeling like crap and got a rising temperature so looks like tomorrow's out and the weather looks half decent. Never mind.

Grrr... Picked up the new toy but weather turned worse so couldn't play today. Now feeling like crap and got a rising temperature so looks like tomorrow's out and the weather looks half decent. Never mind.

Boo!!!! ..... :(

..... can't like this, hope you are on the mend soon.

Boo!!!! ..... :(

..... can't like this, hope you are on the mend soon.

Cheers, Heather. Feeling much better today but snow first thing so probably not a good idea to take a slightly fragile me out to play!

Don't get this whole Oxfam thing going on... so the top guy there used prostitutes? Well, assuming they were not underage and it was legal in the country, what's the problem? Like any other form of sex, if its with 2 consenting adults surely what they get up to is nothing to do with anyone else?

Don't get this whole Oxfam thing going on... so the top guy there used prostitutes? Well, assuming they were not underage and it was legal in the country, what's the problem? Like any other form of sex, if its with 2 consenting adults surely what they get up to is nothing to do with anyone else?

His mission was to assist the local community, not abuse it. Unless your position is that Haitian prostitutes really aren't being abused.

Where a society allows such to be legal your view would be correct(?). However, we are talking about a crisis zone and the possible/actual abuse of position of maybe using aid as coercive tool for the gratification. Plus an open question as to whether some were underage.

The primary perpetrator was chief of mission..........hence probity and high standards of service are to be followed. Even if/where prostitution is legal!!!!

Plus it was revealed he had 'history' of such behaviour in Chad, a different crisis in a very impoverished society........again wrong & an abuse of power :(

His mission was to assist the local community, not abuse it. Unless your position is that Haitian prostitutes really aren't being abused.

In the least he (they) abused their position of power and control!

Last edited:
In addition, whose funds paid for said prostitute(s)?

"Red card" from royal mail "this item is too big for your letter box"
Yes I know that, that's why I sent it to an address where I knew that someone would be in all day ...
Did you try knocking?
I suspect not :(
Did you actually bring the small lightweight parcel with you?
I suspect not :(

Blooming printer :(

Having printed 2 PDFs it decided that it couldn't print the next thing I wanted, as it was in use . Can't see anything in a queue for it - I'm hoping that switching it off for the next few hours - even overnight - will wipe whatever is in its memory bank [ and shouldn't be ]. I can still do photocopies though !!

There are times that I HATE technology

Dropping a small but rather heavy steel box on my big toe.

Result? Toenail punched into the flesh of the toe, and breaking the distal phalanx bone.

Ouch.

Makes my dead battery (replaced under warranty!) seem trivial.

Hope the pain is controllable and that Mr Bat-Frog is waiting on you hand and foot (sorry!)

It was just today that a cramp attack startled me out of a deep sleep. Hamstring was rigid and took about 10 minutes to knead out. Of course, the cat took advantage of awake humans and started her morning routine... Bloody good job she's cute!

MORE annoyance (but first world problems!) Despite there being 3 members of staff on duty, Coffee #1 decided to close at 09:00 due to staff shortage. Chandos, another café 25 yards up the road, had 2 people on duty and a third turned up while our drinks were being made and were looking forward to taking the extra business! AND the golf course is closed today = probably because the manageress doesn't want to risk the (flat) drive from home.

Thermals help too! As per another thread, I've just ordered some electrically heated gloves that plug into the bike. Wondering whether I should have ordered the battery pack as well.

Yesterday they did a poor job of clearing the snow in the car park at work, creating lots of snow banks. Not many people had ventured to work because of the snow, so would have been an ideal time to try out Drift Mode on the car without wearing out the tyres.
Today, the snow banks had been cleared from the car park, still plenty of room, but my car kindly informed me that all drive modes other than normal were unavailable. :(

Doncha just love Fords?! :p

Doncha just love Fords?! :p
I certainly love mine. ;)
I just need to spray some WD40 on a valve on one of the exhaust tailpipes. Apparently if it gets stuck it prevents the different driver modes being selected. I dare say the electric motor has a few icicles hanging off it.

Apparently if it gets stuck it prevents the different driver modes being selected.

"Driver modes? WTF? " all you need is the loud pedal, middle pedal, ( ok the left hand one sometimes ... maybe) that lever between the seats and skill behind the wheel!
I don't need a car telling me what to do or how to do it FFS!

WAMT? Living at the top of the highest hill in town and having to walk up it. HUGE respect to polar walkers - we could have wimped out and stayed in a hotel; they can't! Didn't want to leave Mrs Nod to walk down and back up on her own so went with her, did some admin while she taught and walked back. Probably a good job we couldn't find anywhere to eat - would almost certainly have laid a pavement pizza (or a kerbside curry...) if I'd done it on a full stomach.

"Driver modes? WTF? " all you need is the loud pedal, middle pedal, ( ok the left hand one sometimes ... maybe) that lever between the seats and skill behind the wheel!
I don't need a car telling me what to do or how to do it FFS!
Some of the modes alters the map allowing more performance and makes the loud pedal even louder. :)
Go down your local Ford dealer and ask for a test drive. I bet you end up with a big silly grin on your face.

Snow has infiltrated the single brick building on the side of the house ...
28377999_10157175854529377_5787129641779734809_n.jpg

The freezing rain overnight has left our East facing windows like privacy glass!

DSCF4958.JPG

Will scrape a couple when I go out to put some liquid water out for the birds.

Some of the modes alters the map allowing more performance and makes the loud pedal even louder. :)
The power is already available ( it must be to "Upgrade")
but its being "throttled" under normal driving.
As above I want all the available power, available to use as I see fit, not when I pull some switch or push a button or whatever.

Go down your local Ford dealer and ask for a test drive. I bet you end up with a big silly grin on your face.
I get plenty of grin from a 3.2 V6 RWD Ta :)

So the new ST has a ‘sound symposer’ that pumps induction noise through a resonating tube to the back of the facia, a trick that gives the impression of a bigger engine with more cylinders

latest.gif

Like farting into a bean can! :mooning:

The power is already available ( it must be to "Upgrade")
but its being "throttled" under normal driving.
As above I want all the available power, available to use as I see fit, not when I pull some switch or push a button or whatever.

I get plenty of grin from a 3.2 V6 RWD Ta :)

View attachment 121303
The power is still there in normal mode, but sport mode changes the power delivery, increases the exhaust noise and also increases the pops and bangs during gear changes.
Cars have so much sound insulation that it makes it hard to hear the engine from inside the car. Having the noise piped through the speakers allows you to hear the engine and change gear without having to look down at the rev counter or speedo.
When I traded in my ST the symposer had stopped working, you could still hear the engine though. As for the RS, they can hear me pull into the gym car park from inside the gym even with their loud music on.

Imagine the extra fun you could have with another 130hp. ;)

increases the exhaust noise and also increases the pops and bangs during gear changes.
I remember when the "dump valves" were all the rage, with the boy racers and their Scoobies.
My reaction to the was always
latest.gif too..

Having the noise piped through the speakers allows you to hear the engine and change gear without having to look down at the rev counter or speedo.
May as well do away with them then if *you* never check them, its what they are there for.
I prefer to have empathy with the engine, hearing it in the normal way, and double check the speedo "just to be on the safe side"
Imagine the extra fun you could have with another 130hp. ;)
215bhp is plenty to "shame " other cars should I so desire (y)

I wonder how usable the extra 130 BHP is in real life, responsible driving. I know that I could do a rolling burnout with the mere 150 I have - apparently it'll do it in top with the right (or wrong!) encouragement! No plans to explore that side of Big Red's performance envelope - being able to go from 30 to around 5x that without changing gear (again, hypothetical) is more to the point.

Back