WAMT....what annoyed me today!

But you cannot make a logical comparison between cats and dogs for the very reason I have already stated.

Ah, I see so you went fishing with a hypothesis either hoping I'd deny any responsibility in the event, but due to my probably unexpected "positive acceptance" have left yourself with the ability to insult me anyway stating I have a cavalier attitude to pet ownership. Additionally your two addtional questions make the huge assumption that I don't know or get on with my neighbours, I'm not saying I know every cat owner in a half mile radius to be fair, but you're fishing and you should know that.

In my post I was posing as follows:-

In the first I addressed the differences between a dog & a cat, you stated facts about a dog (which I agree with) and I was setting out an aspect that is not about fact but of opinion as to how a pet owner can act in regard to mitigate for the results of the wilder behaviour of a cat outside the owners control compared to a dog!

In the latter if you feel I was fishing................maybe so but it was germain to this discussion(?) to ask questions and put forward situational questions to understand the scope of your thoughts about the behaviour of your un-neutered tom cat. I feel your interpretation of 'my ability to insult you...' as you put it by describing your attitude as cavalier unfounded as it was not my intention to insult you or anyone else. I was stating my opinion.....................and anyway I do not know you well enough to insult you, even if I wished to which I do not!

Lastly, human nature is strange thing. So even if you know any one particular neighbour well (be they cat owner or not) I think in >90% of situations they would be too polite to complain about your cats behaviour, if you think they would be bluntly honest then so be it.

Last edited:
Frustrating, yes. I've been stuck in queues today myself. But are others not permitted to use the rosds too? :)
The knobheads who can't drive through the Dartford Tunnel without causing tailbacks shouldn't be permitted.

The knobheads who can't drive through the Dartford Tunnel without causing tailbacks shouldn't be permitted.

Who are those who cause tailbacks?
Been through 2 times in the last 72 hours.

Finding old five pound notes. Went to fix a puncture and found 2 in the puncture repair kit (emergency get home fund)....

Finding old five pound notes. Went to fix a puncture and found 2 in the puncture repair kit (emergency get home fund)....

Why is this a WAMT, you are £10 up on how 'rich' you were yesterday :). AFAIK you can still get them swapped for nice(?) plastic ones are the bank.

Who are those who cause tailbacks?
Been through 2 times in the last 72 hours.
I queued through the tunnel Saturday afternoon and same again Sunday afternoon, on both occasions expected to find a broken down vehicle on the Essex side but nothing, the roads were clear. How hard can it be for someone to enter a tunnel, drive through at 50mph and drive out the other end, without braking or causing a tailback?

WAMY. People sitting in the wrong seats. Went to Brands Hatch yesterday with numbered seats in one of the grandstands. Found someone sitting in one of our seats, and an adjoining seat. Politely pointed out they were in one of our seats, they apologised and moved. I expected them to move along one seat, having discounted their seats, but they moved along the entire row to the aisle down the steps along another row and back up the steps at our end to sit in another row. Later a group of 5 turned up, a couple in their 60's plus who I assumed was their son and his heavily pregnant wife, plus his sister. The daughter struck me as rude and boisterous, telling her parents where to sit without even looking at their tickets to confirm seat number or row. The pregnant woman looked somewhat embarrassed, probably a combination of the way this woman had spoke to her parents and not sitting in their rightful seats. A while later a man and his son comeback to their seats and I could see the quizzical look on his face, as this family were in their seats, he took one look at the obnoxious daughter, who quite frankly looked like she was chewing a swam of bees and chose to sit elsewhere.
Oddly enough there was 5 empty seats next to me. Coincidence?

People stood right next to me having a loud meeting while I'm trying to work. They dont even work in this part of the office!

WAMY. People with no idea of who has right of way at a roundabout. You'd think this would be about someone not giving way to someone with priority, but no. It was some stupid woman who had the right of way but didn't move and allowed a bus and around 12 cars all to pull out of the road entering from her left (my right).

New smart phone, damn thing is going to hit a wall soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAMY. People with no idea of who has right of way at a roundabout. You'd think this would be about someone not giving way to someone with priority, but no. It was some stupid woman who had the right of way but didn't move and allowed a bus and around 12 cars all to pull out of the road entering from her left (my right).
More numpties without a clue that they have the right of way at a roundabout.

WAMT:

People who drive a car as if they are driving a bus and, without looking or giving a toss, they swing half way out of their lane and into your lane before turning. And just to add to their unfathomable stupidity they have the predictable ignorance and arrogance to get annoyed when you have to toot your horn whilst swerving out of their path - and they toot you back! Absolute tools. What makes matters even more astonishing is that they are usually driving small cars.

I have a special hatred reserved for these people.

Trying to tax a bike and getting told that the service is unavailable at the very end of the process, after entering all my details. Useless bunch of tw@s!

Even more annoying... Just went back in to try again, as suggested by their Service Unavailable page, only to be told that I couldn't do it because I had already done it. Then my e-mail notification pinged to tell me that my application had been successful.

Never mind, I've had worse problems with the DVLFA!

I don't often moan about Royal Mail but I was particularly annoyed today. Got home and, on closing the front door, noticed there was an advertising leaflet (Domino's) sticking out of the letterbox. I almost threw it straight in the bin but just about spotted something else inside it, my P60. I know that they get paid to put these things through door but common sense says to separate them from legitimate post. I wonder how many people have thrown these thing straight in the bin!

I got a dominos leaflet today as well. Might have to go check in the recycling for anything else...

WAMT:

People who drive a car as if they are driving a bus and, without looking or giving a toss, they swing half way out of their lane and into your lane before turning. And just to add to their unfathomable stupidity they have the predictable ignorance and arrogance to get annoyed when you have to toot your horn whilst swerving out of their path - and they toot you back! Absolute tools. What makes matters even more astonishing is that they are usually driving small cars.

I have a special hatred reserved for these people.

To my annoyance and experience of seeing & being at the receiving end of that sort of behaviour, it is more than likely to be drivers of anything SUV like and the bigger vehicle the worse the driving and attitude they show...........and as for the way some of them park in supermarket car parks......talk about like they own the place!!!

Wot no TSB annoyances ??

must be just me then

Was just about to post this!

Finally managed to get 2 minutes on the app yesterday to see a DD has come out early, but can't even get their line to ring to get an indemnity done or transfer some money, Luckily the £140 I paid by card on Friday doesn't seem to have even registered on my account (fingers crossed it never does).

I only heard about the TSB troubles at lunch time, as I was giving me bank details to someone to get paid! It's wages week too, so fingers crossed all is well.

I only heard about the TSB troubles at lunch time, as I was giving me bank details to someone to get paid! It's wages week too, so fingers crossed all is well.

I get paid tomorrow... Have to transfer some money straight out tomorrow. Me too

Well, its still not alright for me, internet banking (that's the one they want you to use so they can shut branches and shed jobs) has been down since Friday.
They keep posting apologies saying "some" people are "still" having difficulties.
Some....some, who has a TSB account and can access internet banking...who ??
Is it the whole damn shebang or just a few isolated pockets in Yorkshire and the Shetlands that nobody cares about.
"Some" and "Still"

Cooking fat! Little cowbag brought in a snack for Mrs Nod and me but insisted that we recaptured it before crunching down on it... She let it go beside the sofa, under which it legged it. Luckily, we have a few traps so we set 3 up in strategic points around the walls and hoped. less than 1/2 an hour later, a quiet metallic click suggested that it had gone into the humane, live catch trap (as we hoped - it was sited in the most probable spot) and it had.

I suppose the capture (ours, NOT hers!) is also a candidate for the WCMUT thread, as is (possibly!) the fact that at just shy of 14 (human) years old, she's still capable of catching mice in daylight!

She's currently being punished by being ignored (which suits her just fine - it's afternoon nap time!)

Cooking fat! Little cowbag brought in a snack for Mrs Nod and me but insisted that we recaptured it before crunching down on it... She let it go beside the sofa, under which it legged it. Luckily, we have a few traps so we set 3 up in strategic points around the walls and hoped. less than 1/2 an hour later, a quiet metallic click suggested that it had gone into the humane, live catch trap (as we hoped - it was sited in the most probable spot) and it had.

I suppose the capture (ours, NOT hers!) is also a candidate for the WCMUT thread, as is (possibly!) the fact that at just shy of 14 (human) years old, she's still capable of catching mice in daylight!

She's currently being punished by being ignored (which suits her just fine - it's afternoon nap time!)

Benny decided to announce his newly acquired rude health by presenting a thrush. Eviscerated.
Not dead, mind you, just guts on the outside.
He prefers to leave the killing action to me. :(

Last edited:
Mickey (or Minnie - didn't get to examine it too closely and not sure I could spot the difference at that size!) was completely unharmed - shot off under the sofa on first release and evaded capture for the 10 minutes we spent trying to actively catch him/her. Spotted it sitting in the middle of the sitting room watching me, after which it made the sensible mistake of scampering into the nice safe metal square tube which closed behind it. Released into the garden to help its mate clear up what the Goldfinches drop.

Got a few snaps of them but at very high ISO by torchlight. Will see what I can do with them.

Had a failed Amazon delivery notification at work; checked the CCTV, and no-one came near the place.
Checked the tracking details, and it looks like they were trying to deliver it 30 miles south of here. :rolleyes:

WAMT, well yesterday in the newspaper.

The unidentified ''runner" who picked up a detached London Marathon charity runner's bib number close to the end.

The loss of the bib number meant the designated runner was pulled from the course because he was not displaying his number ~ ok, so be it the rules are the rules.

But the WAMT was that the finder instead of either handing it in or just keeping as souvenir proceeded to complete the run, claim the finishers medal and celebrate......I wonder what he will say to explain his action once identified & outed!!!

Last edited:
Regardless of the actions or motivations of the finder, doesn't that mean the pulled charity runner officially has a finish time and will get paid by sponsors?

Regardless of the actions or motivations of the finder, doesn't that mean the pulled charity runner officially has a finish time and will get paid by sponsors?

Not sure, I don't recall the article covering it that way???

WAMT, well yesterday in the newspaper.

The unidentified ''runner" who picked up a detached London Marathon charity runner's bib number close to the end.

The loss of the bib number meant the designated runner was pulled from the course because he was not displaying his number ~ ok, so be it the rules are the rules.

But the WAMT was that the finder instead of either handing it in or just keeping as souvenir proceeded to complete the run, claim the finishers medal and celebrate......I wonder what he will say to explain his action once identified & outed!!!
Unless the Daily Mail has made it up, the bloke was identified days ago and has already made a statement.

Unless the Daily Mail has made it up, the bloke was identified days ago and has already made a statement.

It was The Telegraph I saw it in dated 28th April and there was no mention of the guys name or that he had been identified.

Have you got a link to what he said of/about it?

Back