WAMT....what annoyed me today!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44121064

Why shouldn't a company charge more for bigger clothes? It does take more fabric to make bigger clothes so I don't get the outcry about different pricing.
It's not just more fabric. Sometimes the entire design needs to be altered to accommodate larger sizes. You can't just create a small item and "make it bigger".

I imagine the same person arguing they shouldn't need to pay extra for large fries because it's not their fault that they're fat.

Women, sorry, born without a penis entity's,
that use loaded ( sometimes with shopping sometimes with unspecified smaller as above) pushchairs as a battering ram to enter / exit premises.
:rolleyes:

It's not just more fabric. Sometimes the entire design needs to be altered to accommodate larger sizes. You can't just create a small item and "make it bigger".

I imagine the same person arguing they shouldn't need to pay extra for large fries because it's not their fault that they're fat.

The point is that most retailers don't do what New Look do.
If it were so much more expensive to produce larger sizes, they'd all be doing it.
New Look got caught.

Sat waiting for my car to be serviced. Brought the iPad along as it's a 2 1/2 hour wait only it appears that their wifi lacks the bandwidth to load Netflix, get "no internet connection". :(

Sat waiting for my car to be serviced. Brought the iPad along as it's a 2 1/2 hour wait only it appears that their wifi lacks the bandwidth to load Netflix, get "no internet connection". :(

Cheapskates!!!! :rolleyes:

Logged in to Amazon to check an order and it has the usual recommended for you first page.
Visible ones for me in CD's and Vinyl are Tavares, Chi-Lites ,Four Tops, Stylistics and Delfonics

Never bought a Motown album or LP ever and never will, about as likely as purchasing gangsta rap
So how do they work that out, certainly not from my purchasing history
(not really annoyed, but very weird bit of advertising)

My last purchase was https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CZ7OI76/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nod's law struck this morning! Had a 10:30 hospital appointment so arrived in plenty of time to find a parking space. If there had been any left! Saw 3 people park and get all day tickets before heading out of the car park towards the bus stops. Ended up leaving Mrs Nod to park while I went to keep the appointment and as I was leaving, I phoned her to tell her I was on my way, anly for her to tell me that she'd just found a space and bought a ticket! Made someone's day getting a free 3 hour ticket!

Made someone's day getting a free 3 hour ticket!
All our car park operators wised up to that one a few years back. Now you have to enter your car registration into the ticket machine and it gets printed onto the ticket so you can't pass the ticket on if it still has time left on it.

Some of the parking here needs the reg. to be inputted - the hospitals don't. Yet.

After watching all 4 seasons of The 100 on amazon prime season 5 has to be paid for. Amazon gits want £14.99. if I'd known this at the beginning I would never have started it.

The concrete section on the southern section of the M25. Boy is it noisy on 35 series low profile tyres and sports suspension.

Engineering drawings that don't match their prescribed dimensions! OK fair enough you should never scale a drawing, but even the dimensions which are sparse enough as it is make no sense! I have a 6' 1 7/8" long frame divided into 3 compartments, 2 of 26.5" and 1 of 505mm (I assume mm!) which leaves me with a shortfall of 0.99311023622047244094488188976378" That mix of units also makes me cringe! (My drawing scale is 1:19.05 hence my dimensions being considerably smaller than the scan underneath!)

upload_2018-5-23_18-49-35.png

Attachments

• argh.JPG
    argh.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Asda petrol gone up 1p per lit every week for the last 4 or 5 weeks

The bloody granny driver who was tailgating me around the carpark as I looked for a suitable space to park. The layout of the carpark means the places nearest the shops were at the entrance (and full) and the places nearest the restaurants were by the exit (and had more empty spaces). Consequently she seemed to be a bit dimwitted at realising that me slowing down and indicating meant that I was reversing into an empty space. She had to keep reversing to give me room for the front to swing out whilst I reversed into the spot. If she hadn't been tailgating me and left a reasonable spot, she wouldn't have had to faff around with all that.

Poxy (Westland) grass seed the advert says ...
The next generation in multi-purpose lawn seed, featuring unique aqua gel technology that works in all problem areas including full sun, shade, patches and worn areas.

Its supposed to germinate in about 7 days, 3 weeks later of generous rain and sun, not a sign of a sprout anywhere!
Yes its covered in fine mesh to stop the birds getting to it.

Its also supposed to deter feeding birds, a small uncovered test patch was soon gobbled up!
Poxy grass seed!

The next generation in multi-purpose lawn seed, featuring unique aqua gel technology that works in all problem areas including full sun, shade, patches and worn areas, but not MK

The next generation in multi-purpose lawn seed, featuring unique aqua gel technology that works in all problem areas including full sun, shade, patches and worn areas.

Its supposed to germinate in about 7 days, 3 weeks later of generous rain and sun, not a sign of a sprout anywhere!
Yes its covered in fine mesh to stop the birds getting to it.

Its also supposed to deter feeding birds, a small uncovered test patch was soon gobbled up!
Poxy grass seed!

Turf - you know it makes sense!

Turf - you know it makes sense!
I did turf a few area's last (late) summer and it mostly worked well, this is to cover a few bald patched that appeared during the winter,
plus a "dipped" area that I raised up earlier this year.
So as Clarence Carter sang its just a few ....

The surrounding grass that was also netted, and obviously not been cut, has now sprouted seed heads, so they can ripen and drop.

At least the grasses should match if you let the resident seeds take over (but keep an eye out for broad leaf seedlings - they be weeds!)

The muppet who tried to run me over yesterday in his 4x4.

It's a parking lane off the main road. I stopped, looked in both directions - nobody indicating to move or on the road already. I start walking across. Said muppet pulls in - I spot him, stop and he drives around me rather than stopping to let me cross. If I hadn't spotted him, I could have easily been run over.

At least the grasses should match
That's the plan (y)
But another related WPMOT
I leveled a small piece of ground, with a well known brand of topsoil, left it to settle for a couple of weeks and its full of dandelions !

'Tis the season for wind borne seeds.

WAMT (a little bit) is the Tarmac layers (well, the crew that did the prep work rather than the layers themselves) put recycled turf back down over the area next to the expanded drive but covered the water meter and stopcock cover. Luckily I could remember pretty much exactly where it is so found it and will do a proper job round it at some point.

'Tis the season for wind borne seeds.
Well its strange that the "un-weeded" flower beds are clear of dandelions :(

Are you sure they're fresh seedlings? Bloody dandylions will be pretty damn quick to push up through a layer of fresh topsoil (and they'll do better in freshly raked/loose soil than relatively hard established beds.) Most commercial topsoil is roasted before bagging so should be relatively seed free. If you're sure the seeds are in the bagged stuff, take it back! (Stick some in a seed tray on a windowsill indoors to see what comes up.)

Are you sure they're fresh seedlings?
99% sure anyway.
If you're sure the seeds are in the bagged stuff, take it back!
Too late its spread out, and has been for a few weeks :(
All manner of stuff grew in there too, not just dandelions. no idea what "it is" but its nowhere else in the garden.

Taking car in for recall work and getting to back to find they don't have the parts for both jobs and the one that can cause a fire hasn't been done :mad: BMW think it's safe to drive a car with the start of wiring degradation. Not impressed.

Taking car in for recall work and getting to back to find they don't have the parts for both jobs and the one that can cause a fire hasn't been done :mad: BMW think it's safe to drive a car with the start of wiring degradation. Not impressed.

My BMW lease expires in three weeks, car is only three years old and the sump gasket (not plug but the whole sump) is leaking so needs replaced. Taking them two days now because driveshafts, chassis etc all needs moved and X-Drive making it worse. Ridiculous after three years. Glad I've changed manufactures.

Unfortunately most of them are the same. Run by bean counters and not engineers :(

I had to take our Galaxy in the other day, this was for a fix under recall. They could not complete all of the work, as their software has not been updated. :(

Car insurance renewal came through today, £100 more expensive than last year!!! Done some shopping around and only a couple down on what we paid last year.

Cars parked on our drive, if I say its on the road then its cheaper than our drive.... Where is the logic in that?!?!?

GRRRRRRRR

Car insurance renewal came through today, £100 more expensive than last year!!! Done some shopping around and only a couple down on what we paid last year.

Cars parked on our drive, if I say its on the road then its cheaper than our drive.... Where is the logic in that?!?!?

GRRRRRRRR
Maybe they are thinking if you get burgled and your keys are to hand, burglars could load up your car on the drive and take off.

Our recycling waste didn't get collected yesterday. No idea why. They can't give a reason on the website so I've tried ringing them. On hold for 20 mins at which point my ear started hurting so I gave up and will try again later.

EDIT: Pretty much everyone one the street had theirs collected.

Back