WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Checking the potential kingfisher spot and realising my memory card is still in my PC and travelling light as it was a recce only and didn't have a back up. :banghead:

Checking the potential kingfisher spot and realising my memory card is still in my PC and travelling light as it was a recce only and didn't have a back up. :banghead:

I've started carrying a 16gb SD card in my wallet, in case I ever end up in this situation again

Working in London and what annoys me on a daily basis are people who have their faces stuck in their phone who are oblivious to what is going on around them. GET OFF YOUR PHONE!

Well yesterday SKY changing their channel guide layout
Ok I like the new +1 section, but why did they have to move everything else around

Leaving my phone at home and trying to log into Flickr and cannot remember my password (doh!)

Don't they know I have important photos to upload for you guys to critique ...

Battery charging lights:- seem to be all different colours and combinations.
Red, Green, Amber, Blue, LCD etc
Some Steady, some Flashing, some Go out when Charged and some don`t.
Some Change from Red to Green, others from Green to Red, etc.

Need I go on, surely not. It`s just a nightmare trying to remember what this charger is doing this time.:sulk:

I've taken to writing the light "codes" onto the chargers, although some have it on a sticker anyway.

Insurance companies yet again!
This years car quote is up £40 on last year, checks out gocompareuswitchmeerkat....
Save's £100 on this years quote ... / £60 on last years premium

Of course you know what's coming next don't you?
Its same company that I am with, identical policy :rolleyes:

Mine went up by £40 despite getting my 1 year no claims bonus. Something like £489 (had company cars previously so had to start from scratch). Direct line came in around 200 and that was with no voluntary excess rather than the 300 with AA. Rang up to cancel and they said they could take a look at the price!

No way I said. Even if you get close I would change on principle!

Mine went up by £40 despite getting my 1 year no claims bonus. Something like £489 (had company cars previously so had to start from scratch). Direct line came in around 200 and that was with no voluntary excess rather than the 300 with AA. Rang up to cancel and they said they could take a look at the price!

Sounds harsh that they wouldn't take your no claims in company cars into account, most I know of will if you get a letter from your underwriter.

(had company cars previously so had to start from scratch).
As Graham said, sounds harsh?
I had my daughter on my policy as a named driver, after she passed her test.
2 years later, she went "on her own" the insurance company honoured 2 years NCD.

So would I! but in this instance, I'll "cancel" ( its an auto renew thing :rolleyes: ) And I'll go with the Meerkat and get a free toy :D

WAMT...coming home to 2 dead Robins on the rug.
Thanks Benny.
:(

He's training for a rematch with that veterinary nurse.

That veterinary nurse texts to see how he is!
That's dedication!

Maisie has a "Feisty!" tag on her record (well, the vet DID take her temperature without even feeding her!!!) - how does Benny rate?!

Since the local wildlife is more interested in starting the next generation than avoiding being the ex generation at the moment, the cat flap is locked shut so she can no longer invite honoured guests in for her lunch/supper. She has to show her empty face before she's allowed in.

Sounds harsh that they wouldn't take your no claims in company cars into account, most I know of will if you get a letter from your underwriter.

When I was made redundant in 2016 I needed for the first time in decades to get my own car.

I found LV the most receptive to my exployers letter and as I recall they gave me the max NCD of 8 years. I have stuck with them on the renewal because what I was quoted after a deduction I cannot not recall was lower than the first year figure :)

Why do people who go shopping at supermarkets reverse park. Grate my gratey thing somewhat, do they not think as how they are now going to get that trolley full of shopping to the back of the car? I know what, try and drive the trolley to the back in between the cars, numpteys the lot of them!

Time wasters! Put a cat carrier for sale on a local Facebook group (Leighton Buzzard). Get a message from someone 30 miles away (Hatfield) saying they're interested and would be able to collect today. Bit of a trek but, if they're willing to collect, their choice so sent them our address. Got a message back a couple of hours later, "sorry, didn't realise you were so far away, won't be able to get over to you"! The group is Called "Leighton Buzzard & Surrounding", the advert said "collect from Leighton Buzzard"! :banghead:

WAMT was Torquay. More specifically, the signage from Paignton to elsewhere taking me into Torquay. The hole is bad enough out of season but add a bank holiday weekend's worth of tourists and it's my idea of hell! At least I was out on 2 wheels in the sunshine!

Last night I was shooting an awards ceremony. They had a video crew all set up. The light was appalling to start with, but even worse, the roving camera guy (really nice chap btw) had a lamp on top of his camera which was brighter than the sun. Result, every single presentation shot was burnt to a crisp. Should make for an interesting debrief tomorrow. I even spoke with the guy at the interval to see if there was anything he could do. He said without it, he wouldn’t get any shots. Second half was compounded by him and his rig being in every shot as a lovely silhouette:(

Last edited:
People who leave useless reviews on Amazon along the lines of "Haven't used yet but looks like it will be a good product". Why not post a proper review after you've used said item?

Like the folks who leave one-star product reviews because the courier messed up delivery? :rolleyes:
Delivery is a large part of what you are buying. It doesn't matter how good the product would be if you could get your hands on it, if you cannot get your hands on it because the seller used the cheapest delivery then the product is useless.

Multiple possible sellers, multiple possibles couriers, one product. Tying dissatisfaction with those variable (and often unidentified) factors to the product review may ease the posters frustration, but it doesn't help anyone else.

Multiple possible sellers, multiple possibles couriers, one product. Tying dissatisfaction with those variable (and often unidentified) factors to the product review may ease the posters frustration, but it doesn't help anyone else.
The thrust of the post above was leaving feedback on Amazon, to wit:

People who leave useless reviews on Amazon along the lines of "Haven't used yet but looks like it will be a good product". Why not post a proper review after you've used said item?
Like the folks who leave one-star product reviews because the courier messed up delivery? :rolleyes:

So a single seller and very few delivery options. If many people comment on delivery, it helps
potential buyers as they are now aware that the goods might not arrive.

Last edited:
Except it reflects a single seller on the day you are looking, others can pop up and disappear at different times.

Why do people who go shopping at supermarkets reverse park. Grate my gratey thing somewhat, do they not think as how they are now going to get that trolley full of shopping to the back of the car? I know what, try and drive the trolley to the back in between the cars, numpteys the lot of them!

I reverse! Makes it a load easier to get out of spaces and it’s simple, trolly at front of car and put bags in.

Ebay buyers who buy from an English listing an then complain your item doesn't have a French plug

Last edited:
The thrust of the post above was leaving feedback on Amazon, to wit:

So a single seller and very few delivery options. If many people comment on delivery, it helps
potential buyers as they are now aware that the goods might not arrive.

Amazon Marketplace has a lot more than one seller.

People standing at bus stops, for Pete’s sake, leave some of the pavement free for us plebs so we can walk by without having to jostle!

Shapeways culling a load of 3D print material, including my most used one with just 5 days notice.

Local Councils: had a clear out of my she'd this morning, did the right thing by taking old stuff to local council tip. Had a few tins of old paint so took these too, the guy at the tip said we no longer accept paint. I then asked him how do I dispose of it now then, he replied just pour it into soil and let it soak in. He wasn't amused when I asked him where I garden was.

I'm supposed to contaminate my garden soil with paint, I don't think so. No wonder the drains are fully of crappie these days.

Local Councils: had a clear out of my she'd this morning, did the right thing by taking old stuff to local council tip. Had a few tins of old paint so took these too, the guy at the tip said we no longer accept paint. I then asked him how do I dispose of it now then, he replied just pour it into soil and let it soak in. He wasn't amused when I asked him where I garden was.

I'm supposed to contaminate my garden soil with paint, I don't think so. No wonder the drains are fully of crappie these days.
Highly illegal.

Other way round I think, add soil or sand to the paint, leave the lid loose or put some holes in if you have wildlife around and then leave to go solid. It can then go to landfill.

Thanks for the suggestion Jon, I have a old bag of builders sand in the shed too, I could use that up. I wonder if I could use the cats old litter, they use clumping litter which turns their pee into solid clumps, as it's fence paint it is water based.

I would not have left that tip with those tins, it would have gone in one of their skips one way or another...:)

Why do so many movies scenes have to be in dark shadows, so dark at times you can barely see the actors face . Are the movie companies so hard up that they can't afford the lighting.

Back