WAMT....what annoyed me today!

A twin room at Premier Inn Nottingham, is a nice kingsize bed and a piece of sponge in a corner.

I mean...WTF

Our new luxury kingsize** Hypnos bed is the stuff of dreams. Drift off on an ultra-comfy, pillow-top mattress supported by over a thousand pocket springs for the soundest sleep ever.
We’re so confident you’ll have a good night’s sleep that, if you don’t, we’ll give you your money back. This is our Good Night Guarantee.

:mad:

Lenny Henry will be ashamed to have promoted them ;)

PS sounds like you were in a family room not a Twin???

Lenny Henry will be ashamed to have promoted them ;)

PS sounds like you were in a family room not a Twin???

Not in it yet, but I will be tomorrow

All twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed.

so it'll be a death match for the double
booked by some complete tw4t that isn't going

I suppose somebody will be getting their money back

Don't want money back, want a twin room with 2 beds, not the height of luxury and a sponge square..:shifty:

WAMT?
Well I don't mind admitting that I failed, I failed dismally in fact :(
I thought that I might like a BMW as my next car, you know something a little more luxurious and comfortable
than my 2 seater hooligan machine.

So, I made up my mind, while I was driving this week, in the van, I'd practice.
I'd travel everywhere in the outside lane, flash people that i didn't like the look of, not use my indicators,
cut people up on roundabouts, by getting deliberately in the wrong lane and then giving them the finger when I switched back.

I can't do it, I just can't do it :(
I'll just have to look for another make of car :(

Last edited:
In my area you would be as well practicing to be a taxi driver [ Private Hire variety ]

One was flashing me like mad early this afternoon - on a long stretch by the Clyde where, if you get it right, you can get all the lights at green [ travel at 29mph till in the 20 zone ] This gentleman , who I suspect does not have English as his mother tongue, whipped round me , back into the nearside lane where of course he got held up by all the left turners so he came out into mine and flew along , thus forcing all the lights to go red !!

No, Glasgow, I think. ;)

A bad dream annoyed me today, woke up and can't get back to sleep. Came on here for a while, till I get tired.

Been awake all night. Can’t sleep. Couldn’t work out why. Realised i could hear the pipes rattling. Thought mice. Checked the rads - still hot. Had forgotten to switch the heating back to automatic timing.

Been awake all night. Can’t sleep. Couldn’t work out why. Realised i could hear the pipes rattling. Thought mice. Checked the rads - still hot. Had forgotten to switch the heating back to automatic timing.
That always catches me out. Often have to get up, to turn heating off. Heating system often sounds strange and creepy, especially at night after watching a spooky film. :)

That always catches me out. Often have to get up, to turn heating off. Heating system often sounds strange and creepy, especially at night after watching a spooky film. :)
I thought it might be mice. Then figured it might be the heating. The thermostat's on the wall next to the stairs and has a flap cover. I lift this up and leave it up when it's manual as a reminder to turn it back to automatic. I think the missus must have put it down.

I thought it might be mice. Then figured it might be the heating. The thermostat's on the wall next to the stairs and has a flap cover. I lift this up and leave it up when it's manual as a reminder to turn it back to automatic. I think the missus must have put it down.
Or a poltergeist. ;)

The trouble is both me and the missus alter the heating, she likes it warmer than I do. Our heating thermostat is very strange, it does not seem to keep the temperature correctly. It is creepy when it comes on in the early hours, the radiators expanding sounds like people moving about. :)

WAMT was people thinking that a 6" strip of de-iced windscreen is enough. Where are traffic plod when you need 'em?

The trouble is both me and the missus alter the heating, she likes it warmer than I do. Our heating thermostat is very strange, it does not seem to keep the temperature correctly. It is creepy when it comes on in the early hours, the radiators expanding sounds like people moving about. :)
Definitely a poltergeist.
WAMT was people thinking that a 6" strip of de-iced windscreen is enough. Where are traffic plod when you need 'em?
Back at the yard, scraping their windows;)

I put the heating on because it was chilly downstairs at 3PM and the heating wasn't set to come on until 4PM. The heating was set to go off at 10PM but because I didn't notice, it stayed on until 2AM. yup it makes the same noise of someone walking on floorboards.

I will use cold tap water to pour on the windscreen to defrost from the outside. Get inside the car and the windscreen starts to mist up. Demist and drive to the end of the road and the water I poured has frozen. Even though I swept the windscreen with the wipers.

Chances are that you've also left a nice icy puddle for someone to slip on.
On the driveway and I'm the last to leave. Postman might be affected but I'd hope he's wide awake enough to be aware of it.

I will use cold tap water to pour on the windscreen to defrost from the outside. Get inside the car and the windscreen starts to mist up. Demist and drive to the end of the road and the water I poured has frozen. Even though I swept the windscreen with the wipers.

I just start the car and both front and rear heated screens switch on automatically below 4°C. If the frost is particularly thick it gets a bit of assistance from the auxiliary heater. Windows are clear in less than a minute. All I have to do is remember to switch off the auto wipers until the ice has melted.

That's my method too. I spend the minute or 2 it takes to clear front and rear spraying and scraping the side windows.

It’s raining on the M4, some people just have to put on their rear fog lights don’t they.

It’s raining on the M4, some people just have to put on their rear fog lights don’t they.

Certainly one of my prime "hates".........I wonder if some cars have a two stage switch (I know a car I drove many years ago did) first step is front high intensity lamps & second stage is rear fog lights.......the driver appears to know squat about their own light switches.

For cars like my Focus there are two switches ~ no excuse !

Certainly one of my prime "hates".........I wonder if some cars have a two stage switch (I know a car I drove many years ago did) first step is front high intensity lamps & second stage is rear fog lights.......the driver appears to know squat about their own light switches.

For cars like my Focus there are two switches ~ no excuse !

I had all my fog lights on this morning, but then it was foggy. ;)

And then of course at the other end of the scale, there are the twatts, that don't bother with (any) lights in very reduced visibility :rolleyes:
(Yes it was foggy where I was this morning too)

And then of course at the other end of the scale, there are the twatts, that don't bother with (any) lights in very reduced visibility

You mean like the twatt on a bicycle that I nearly hit today, dark blue clothes , raining, really dismal and no front or rear lights, oncoming cars
with headlights on :banghead:
Yep that's why I have a dashcam

Well yesterday on one of rare forays into town.
Came out of a shop and thought a thick fog had settled, but no it was someone vaping right by the door :banghead:
Why do these damn things make so much vapour, far worse then cigarette smoke and it smells foul

Why do these damn things make so much vapour, far worse then cigarette smoke
I don't get it either, there is no need for all that cloud! I follow cars sometimes that appear to be steam driven, by the amount of vapour coming from it :D

I don't get it either, there is no need for all that cloud! I follow cars sometimes that appear to be steam driven, by the amount of vapour coming from it :D

I don't know much about them,just that people seem to give up smoking and use them forever after, never seen point TBH

The DPD driver who tried to deliver my new phone today, just a pity he tried to deliver it to the wrong house. :mad:

Reactions: MDR
Mrs WW goes to an English for foreign language speakers class twice a week and unfortunately the main teacher is absent as often as not and the stand in is rubbish and also seems to have it in for Mrs WW. She put her in a lower level despite her being consistently top of the class she's in but thankfully the main teacher put her back in the higher level when she returned. Next the stand in gave her a lower level mock exam which she finished before anyone else and scored 100%. She showed the teacher and asked for the higher level test and was told to find one on line, print it out and do it at home which annoyed me as she obviously had some papers as she'd given other classmates the exam, anyway we did and we marked it ourselves and the Mrs did very well. Class mates complained on behalf of her and she's been told she'll be bumped up a level or so but not until this term ends.

Also this week they had a class party and Mrs WW got up to talk to someone and the stand in immediately sat in he seat and ate her slice of cake! I've never liked her as despite not displaying a badge or appearing to be disabled she regards the disabled parking space as her own. Dunno why she seems to have it in for Mrs WW, my Mrs is Thai but there are three Chinese ladies in the class so I don't think it's racism. I also don't think my Mrs can have upset her as like many eastern people she's so quiet and respectful especially to authority figures. She may be a bit jealous as IMO my Mrs is very attractive with a great body and she dresses stylishly too whereas the stand in is a big fat lump and dresses like some sort of new age earth mother frump

Although she's in the top level of this course now whole term so far has been a hassle and pretty much a waste of time due to all the messing around this stand in has caused as she should be doing the next course up. No one is happy and I've recommended that the class should complain as a group. We pay for this class and it's been rubbish due to the main teacher being absent a lot and not for great reasons (got in late last night etc...) and when she isn't there there's no lesson plan, just this frump they all complain about.

Rant over...

Hermes delivery service. Not for the first time. Not even for the first time this week actually. This morning I'm waiting for a parcel. For various reasons, it's fairly urgent so ordering through Amazon Prime seemed a safe bet. Except unbeknown to me, they subbed it to Hermes. Got an email an hour or so ago to say they've attempted delivery, instructions on the card. Except there is no card, we were in the whole time and not only did nobody come to the door, but nobody even drove near the house all morning. Despite the wording of the email saying they had attempted delivery, their online status shows it has been delivered.

One way or another it will get sorted I'm sure but it will now be too late.

How does this company still exist? One click on trustpilot tells you everything you need to know about them.

Caught the end of a TV programme earlier, lady was supposed to be flying Harris Hawks, and what do the show..................................... Red Kites :banghead:

Caught the end of a TV programme earlier, lady was supposed to be flying Harris Hawks, and what do the show..................................... Red Kites :banghead:
Makes a change, I was watching a medieval film, not so long ago, based in Britain, and what did the knight have?
A Harris Hawk ... they were only imported to the UK in the early 1970's :D

Bloody Amazon Prime!!! :mad:

Accidentally signed up when checking out .... :rolleyes:

.... again! :runaway:
At least you spotted it immediately and not when the bill came next month ..
.. Crafty bar stewards!

At least you spotted it immediately and not when the bill came next month ..
.. Crafty bar stewards!

Not before I had changed the delivery back to standard from next day though! :mad:

.... and it wouldn't let me change it back! :runaway:

Back