WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Added a particular pc component to an amazon wish list a couple of days ago as family keep nagging for ideas...browsing through today and amazon have it listed as only available to prime members...

Added a particular pc component to an amazon wish list a couple of days ago as family keep nagging for ideas...browsing through today and amazon have it listed as only available to prime members...
I had this with a socket set. On Amazon for a good price. Looked around elsewhere and couldn’t find it at the same price. Added it my wish list with the idea of buying it when the next paypacket came in. Suddenly it was only available to prime members. I ended up buying it from another online retailer for a few quid more.

Ordered an Amazon Echo yesterday for £89.99, it arrived today

Just looked and it's now £54.99! :mad:

Ordered an Amazon Echo yesterday for £89.99, it arrived today

Just looked and it's now £54.99! :mad:

If that happened to me bearing in mind it is an Amazon product I would be straight onto live chat with them telling them that I was not happy and what can they do about this i.e. I expect a partial refund.

If they say no, I would tell them I will send it back for a full refund and buy another at the reduced price!

If that happened to me bearing in mind it is an Amazon product I would be straight onto live chat with them telling them that I was not happy and what can they do about this i.e. I expect a partial refund.

If they say no, I would tell them I will send it back for a full refund and buy another at the reduced price!

Exactly what I'm doing

Have to say, I'd forgotten how good Amazon customer service is. £35 refund issued. (y)

Still don't know why, given it takes them 5 seconds to take my money, it takes 5-7 days to refund it!

Have to say, I'd forgotten how good Amazon customer service is. £35 refund issued. (y)

Still don't know why, given it takes them 5 seconds to take my money, it takes 5-7 days to refund it!

Good and IME not an unexpected outcome :) :agree::plus1:

As for time taken for the refund "delay" the CSC don't have the control to do anything other initiate the process ......though I think they come through quicker than stated, just keep an eye online on your CC account for pending refund payments!

Last edited:
Looking for a present for higher management and had bookmarked the items 3 @ £17 with free p&p for orders over £50. Get an email saying reduction''s across the site so happy days......... or not. Items reduced to £15 so with p&p of £10 now more expensive than at full price grrr

3 days of that is down to visa/MasterCard/Amex rather than anything any retailer has control over.

Getting a phone call from someone who I haven't heard a word from since this time last year asking me to have his dogs
again for Christmas, same thing happened last year :banghead:
I couldn't answer the phone at the time so got an ansaphone message, firstly moaning that my landlline number seems
to have been cut off, ummm no it's a new number, and secondly he lost my email and it's costly to ring a mobile number!!
He gets free dog care when I have done it in the past so what's the problem having to pay for a phone call, and telling me
I have to ring back tonight as he may not be around much :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Do the pluses of having the dogs outweigh the minuses of dealing with their a******e owner?

Do the pluses of having the dogs outweigh the minuses of dealing with their a******e owner?

Not always, much as I love them it can be a pain and I'm not here for Christmas so it means kitting the car out to take them with me.

Getting a phone call from someone who I haven't heard a word from since this time last year asking me to have his dogs
again for Christmas, same thing happened last year :banghead:
I couldn't answer the phone at the time so got an ansaphone message, firstly moaning that my landlline number seems
to have been cut off, ummm no it's a new number, and secondly he lost my email and it's costly to ring a mobile number!!
He gets free dog care when I have done it in the past so what's the problem having to pay for a phone call, and telling me
I have to ring back tonight as he may not be around much :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just say no, unless you want to be treated like a doormat again next year!

He waits till now to ask you ??

Such a courteous person .

What a shame it's just not possible this year - you are away this year <evil grin>

Seems everyone is out to annoy me today, just got a booking email confirmation from something called "Book My Show"
for rs 1344.,60 at somewhere called cinepolis, viviana mall in india WTF
I have had mails from SBI in India telling me about money deposited into my account with them, strange, never heard of them :thinking:
Phoned my bank and they confirmed nothing on my account and told me I am doing the right thing by deleting the other emails
and checking with them if I think this is a scam and not following links etc.

I just hate to think how easy it would be to scam someone less savvy :(

Car design! A couple of bulbs went out in the Mazda, a number plate bulb and a HID headlight bulb. The manual doesn't actually tell you what bulbs go where, in fact for the HIDs it states that it must go to a Mazda dealership - sod that. Google tells me it's a D2S, and also that the bumper has to come off to change. Not great, but managed - taking the opportunity to change the light cluster ass it had got water inside. Then the mystery number plate light - to change you have to unclip the light unit from the bumper, easy enough except that as you push it out it disappears behind the bumper! What an unnecessary amount of faff!

WAMT? The guy playing with his drone over Gatwick. My partner's due back from Milan today, now it's cancelled. Fortunately he's there on business and the company has managed to get him on a later flight to Heathrow. The up side it it's quicker to get home from Heathrow than it is from Gatwick. When they catch the guy they should just throw him into the terminal building, close the doors and turn their backs while the passengers deal with him.

WAMT? The guy playing with his drone over Gatwick. My partner's due back from Milan today, now it's cancelled. Fortunately he's there on business and the company has managed to get him on a later flight to Heathrow. The up side it it's quicker to get home from Heathrow than it is from Gatwick. When they catch the guy they should just throw him into the terminal building, close the doors and turn their backs while the passengers deal with him.
I've been listening to this on the radio and thought WTF?
How has it been allowed to go on for so long and who is actually doing this. It seems to me that its a lot more than a prank and how the hell can't they track them down by the signal?
Tossers!

Very unfortunate for all drone users. I can see a knee jerk reaction banning their use anywhere, by anyone.

It seems to me that its a lot more than a prank and how the hell can't they track them down by the signal?
A smart drone can be set to use GPS waypoints without an ongoing connection between the drone and the operator. Even the disappearances when the copper chopper shows up could be a preprogrammed sequence that would only need seconds to initiate. If it's a hombrew model, the geofencing built into the commercial models will be missing too.
Also, if the comms system's non-standard, they wouldn't know where on the radio spectrum to start looking.

Also, if the comms system's non-standard, they wouldn't know where on the radio spectrum to start looking.
Surely its caused enough hassle now to get a few top bods on this, I'm sure they must "have the technology" :D
But perhaps they have tried and been out smarted, and that's not something they are going to admit?

the geofencing built into the commercial models will be missing too.
They were saying something about that too.

SWMBO annoyed me today. Obviously it's coming up to Christmas. Lots of deliveries coming in. Normally Royal Mail are good enough to leave the parcel in the porch. Amazon Logistics too. Our porch door is unlocked for those days when I know a delivery is coming. SWMBO was home today but decided last minute to pop out. Consequence? RM tried to deliver, couldn't so I'll have to go this Saturday to pick up the present.

It's definitely a lot more than a couple of bored kids messing around, and not exactly 'toy' drones. I guess something like this has been on the cards for a while but until it happens for real you'll never know if any defensive technology you have is really good enough. They can't risk any collateral damage, which is always a bit of a handicap. I could think of a few ways of dealing with this, but all would involve laying waste to a large chunk of Surrey................. I guess there are better ways but they probably aren't quick. I did say to my partner it would make a good plot for an episode of Sherlock.

but all would involve laying waste to a large chunk of Surrey
I'm not sure there is a down side to that?
:D

Chatting to someone about this, the conclution was a ransom demand is happening / has happened ;)

And I still say a well placed shot from an FAC air weapon would bring it down..

I'm not sure there is a down side to that?

Chatting to someone about this, the conclution was a ransom demand is happening / has happened ;)

And I still say a well placed shot from an FAC air weapon would bring it down..

Apparently now the Army have been called in.

Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson has confirmed the Army has been called in to support Sussex Police.
He said: "The armed forces have a range of unique capabilities and this isn't something we would usually deploy.....................'

Yes I can think of a few including something I used to work on that would make a very satisfying bang but probably that's not what Mr Williamson had in mind :(

Yes I can think of a few including something I used to work on that would make a very satisfying bang but probably that's not what Mr Williamson had in mind :(

Apparently now the Army have been called in.
I saw that, lets hope they manage to sort it out!

on the plus side it's been very quiet here today
Just hope they do sort it soon, apparently this is set to be the busiest time and so many people are having their hols ruined :(

on the plus side it's been very quiet here today
Just hope they do sort it soon, apparently this is set to be the busiest time and so many people are having their hols ruined :(
There was a quote from some environment spokes person, feeling sorry for those that are trapped, "But on the plus side its been really quiet and we all managed to get a good nights sleep" ;)

There was a quote from some environment spokes person, feeling sorry for those that are trapped, "But on the plus side its been really quiet and we all managed to get a good nights sleep" ;)

They will make up for it if they do get sorted this evening, no doubt it will be non stop overnight.
TBH when you live under the noise you don't really notice it, but it has been eerily quiet today
just like after 911

TBH when you live under the noise you don't really notice it, but it has been eerily quiet today
I would imagine so, especially the "Quiet" bit, that would probably notice more than the noise.

I would imagine so, especially the "Quiet" bit, that would probably notice more than the noise.

very much so, and it seems the latest news is they won't be flying tonight according to eastjet :(

very much so, and it seems the latest news is they won't be flying tonight according to eastjet :(
Last I heard it was 20:00 hours. I guess that no progress has been made in that case.

Last I heard it was 20:00 hours. I guess that no progress has been made in that case.

Not on local news, they are going to allow other airports to fly all night to hopefully clear some of the back log, but that will be people coming
into the uk I suspect

Not on local news, they are going to allow other airports to fly all night to hopefully clear some of the back log, but that will be people coming
into the uk I suspect
The report that I saw no longer says 20:00 either

Back