WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Well a couple of days ago.
Changed my car insurance because Direct Line increased by a vast amount since last year.
Bearing in mind my original policy with them was taken out for the 1st November, when the car I
had at the time was taxed and put on the road, when I rang them to cancel I was told the policy
runs out at noon on the 31st October :thinking:
So that effectively left me with no Insurance until midnight on 1st November when the new one started
Not a real problem for me as car is parked off road and I didn't need to use it
So effectively if you change companies you either start the new one a day early and have the vehicle
double insured to 12 hours, or like me leave it uninsured for 12 hours, great if you need to get home from work etc,

B'stards!!! :eek:

Trying to buy concert tickets this morning. Website kept crashing at each stage, meant having to go back to previous stages, get to next step and it crashes again. Eventually got all the way through to confirming payment and it crashed again. All presale tickets were gone by then. :(

B'stards!!! :eek:

TBH Heather I always thought Direct Line were a good company, never had any real problems with them,
but then I've only made a couple of claims and one of those was for one of my dogs a long time ago
Reading reviews I would say I'm well off out of it (y)

Cyclists! Again! WTF?

Approaching a T-junction, I was on the side road, it was absolutely lashing it down. A few yards short of the main road there is a lowered curb for pedestrian convenience.
as I approached this point, a cyclist with a hoodie, head down, cycled off the path, right in front of me! how I stopped is anyones guess! it really was that close! Well I guess as I was at a crawl at that point, it was his lucky day!
His mate wasn't quite so lucky, he rode into the side of the van, well that is the front wheel!

I was expected to see him somersault over the handle bars and land on his back on the bonnet.
But no, thankfully he just slid forward and "Bloloxed" himself on the handle bars.
Before I had a chance to ask if he was OK, He called me a c***(*), regained composure and rode off. ( somewhat tenderly :D )

(*) Its been said before so it must be true ...

Last edited:
Cyclists! Again! WTF?

Approaching a T-junction, I was on the side road, it was absolutely lashing it down. A few yards short of the main road there is a lowered curb for pedestrian convenience.
as I approached this point, a cyclist with a hoodie, head down, cycled off the path, right in front of me! how I stopped is anyones guess! it really was that close! Well I guess as I was at a crawl at that point, it was his lucky day!
His mate wasn't quite so lucky, he rode into the side of the van, well that is the front wheel!

I was expected to see him somersault over the handle bars and land on his back on the bonnet.
But no, thankfully he just slid forward and "Bloloxed" himself on the handle bars.
Before I had a chance to ask if he was OK, He called me a c***(*), regained composure and rode off. ( somewhat tenderly :D )

Oddly (or perhaps not), it's a couple of psycholists who annoyed me today. No lights, dark clothing and riding the wrong way round the middle (of the road) of a roundabout. Hopefully we won't be using that roundabout for the couple of hours it'll be closed when the gobs***es get killed - probably by one of the many busses that use the roundabout.

Cyclists! Again! WTF?

Had similar the other say. Approaching a mini roundabout, there was a zebra crossing just before. There was a car in front, just after the crossing so I'd stopped to leave the crossing clear. Car in front pulls out onto the roundabout, no-one approaching the crossing so I go to pull forward just as a cyclist whizzes up from my left and across the crossing. I never realise my reflexes were that good but it was lucky for the cyclist that they were!

Seeing this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46119393 made me think about the crazy drive for 'equality'! So a girl can join the scouts but a boy cant join the guides... wtf????? This might have changed in recent years but don't think so. How can anyone think that is correct - either scouts for boys and guides for girls or all can mix in both.

WAMT was seeing the number of no-shows at an NHS clinic. They're stretched enough as it is without time wasted. Having Noctilux pupils ATM has given me a headache too - another annoyance!

Seeing this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46119393 made me think about the crazy drive for 'equality'! So a girl can join the scouts but a boy cant join the guides... wtf????? This might have changed in recent years but don't think so. How can anyone think that is correct - either scouts for boys and guides for girls or all can mix in both.

Ah! in America ~ no mention of Guides in that article as the two parallel organisations are gender titled Girl Scouts of America & Boy Scouts of America..........more like a battle of the sexes being blurred by the Boys going gender neutral to 'ostensibly' be more inclusive but in litigation bonkers USA where there is dispute there is suit!!!

The cooking fat (cat)! Went out yesterday morning at 9.30 and didn't come home until 2.15 this afternoon. Had us worried sick!

They're mercenary little buggers. It's probably found a house down the street with better catfood and comfier chairs.
It's back home 'cos they noticed the extra bod and turfed it out.

They're mercenary little buggers. It's probably found a house down the street with better catfood and comfier chairs.
It's back home 'cos they noticed the extra bod and turfed it out.

I don't think he'd know what to do with a catflap tbh (we haven't got one) and he doesn't normally stray far from home and does like to come home for his supper. I'm wondering if he got locked in, he does have a penchant for going into garages!

As long as he comes home eventually!

When Mum and Dad had what is now our cat, she was sometimes more fussy than other times. They found out why when they were having coffee with a neighbour and in waltzed Maisie (the cat) and chowed down on the neighbours' cat's food!
She's getting on a bit now (15 1/2) so wanders less. Still fussy - and changes her tastes as soon as we buy a big batch of her current favourite...
Oh, she knows exactly how to work pretty much any cat flap but much prefers to have her staff manually operate the bigger doors for her. Cowbag!

The cooking fat (cat)! Went out yesterday morning at 9.30 and didn't come home until 2.15 this afternoon. Had us worried sick!

That's a long time.
Benny got me hyperventilating when he wasn't on the doorstep tapping his foot when I got home this evening.
Still not forgiven him for the eviscerated rat that greeted me on waking this morning.

That's a long time.
Benny got me hyperventilating when he wasn't on the doorstep tapping his foot when I got home this evening.
Still not forgiven him for the eviscerated rat that greeted me on waking this morning.

He's never been out that long. There have been occasions when he's still been out after we've gone to bed but he's wake us up in the middle of the night meowing at the window or been waiting at the patio door first thing.

Sue's told him he's grounded for life! :D

He's never been out that long. There have been occasions when he's still been out after we've gone to bed but he's wake us up in the middle of the night meowing at the window or been waiting at the patio door first thing.

Sue's told him he's grounded for life! :D
Oh, Benny is a night crawler.
Meowing to enter failed a long time ago.
Cat flap works for that. :D

This is more of an on-going annoyance, rather than just today, but why oh why do most TV advertisements feature dancing idiots?!
Am I missing something? Can't be just me....I usually mute them anyway, but I can feel my blood pressure rising when I see these grinning half-wits bouncing around in a demented fashion!!

Oh lord....I sound like my Grandad!!:D

Swbo wanted some wardrobes and a dresser for the guest bedroom from Ikea. After traipsing round the store, we went home and ordered for home delivery (given that neither of us have a car that will hold tall stuff). Delivery email and text confirmed for delivery today. Even got an estimated time of delivery for 3-4. Which then later was revised to 5-6. And then never materialised.

So now rebooked for later this week. Annoying as I’d prepped the room for the wardrobes and made plans for the rest of the week.

3 year old sloe gin appears to have "Gone off" I didn't think it did TBH, but it doesn't taste very nice .....
Its gone down the plug hole :(

BUT
WCMUT The mother lode was ready for picking, nice and ripe and sweet too .... And so it begins (y)

3 year old sloe gin appears to have "Gone off" I didn't think it did TBH, but it doesn't taste very nice .....
Its gone down the plug hole :(
Basically the definition of any sort of gin.

Basically the definition of any sort of gin.
I don't like Gin, but sloe gin is something else (y)
I don't like Honey, but when its mead, that's different too (y)

I pre-ordered a model car off ebay from a French seller just over a month ago. Last week was the expected release date. Today I decided to check the progress of my order and saw it was marked as dispatched. On clicking the tracking history tab, I find that UPS had attempted delivery last Tuesday, I was home all morning and my son was home all day. No card left to advise of failed attempt nothing. Last entry in the tracking history said that the parcel was left at a collection point in a local off license yesterday and tomorrow if unclaimed would be returned to the sender.
Good job I was able to check the tracking today.

Car salesmen!!!! In the market for a car, and having been in sales for over 20 years (incl. 1 year selling cars in my early 20s) it frustrates me that my email from yesterday saying I will be going ahead but please let me have 3 different options to consider (finance) has not been replied to. Whenever a customer emailed me to order everything would be dropped to get that done. The shame is I have got a bloody good discount, so maybe that's why they are not too bothered??

Being approached by a hateful old UKIP supporter and his missus who had set up a stall next to the farmers market.

Having a machine screw snap off when I was undoing it to replace a headlamp bulb. Of course it wasn't the easy one to get at so a 10 minute job took me 90 by the time I'd sorted an extension to get the pilot drills to the middle of the stub etc.. Replaced with a stainless screw and a dab of graphite grease to prevent it seizing again.

My niece took delivery of a 1yr old Fiesta from a local dealer. Nothing annoying about that, but in her excitement she drove to her father's gym to show him the car. He proceeded to get in the car hitting the door on a post, damaging the door. He then had the cheek to blame my niece as she had parked next to the post. To say the least my niece isn't best pleased.
This clumsy buffoon has in the past reversed into my nieces previous car, reversed into his wife's car twice and also reversed into a lamppost near his house, putting a hole in the back bumper of his mother's car.

My niece took delivery of a 1yr old Fiesta from a local dealer. Nothing annoying about that, but in her excitement she drove to her father's gym to show him the car. He proceeded to get in the car hitting the door on a post, damaging the door. He then had the cheek to blame my niece as she had parked next to the post. To say the least my niece isn't best pleased.
This clumsy buffoon has in the past reversed into my nieces previous car, reversed into his wife's car twice and also reversed into a lamppost near his house, putting a hole in the back bumper of his mother's car.

The way it reads ....he is your BiL not your brother ;)

I wonder how much his car insurance is???

The way it reads ....he is your BiL not your brother ;)

I wonder how much his car insurance is???
He isn't even my BIL, he is my Soul's husband.
His car insurance is fine as none of the bumps have resulted in a claim. My sister in laws car is in a mess though. It is a lease car which is almost at the end of It's contract, all the dents and scrapes will need repairing before it gets handed back.

The amount of disrespectful d******ds who are happily taking stones and bricks from the now viable and accessible ruins at the bottom of labybower.

A twin room at Premier Inn Nottingham, is a nice kingsize bed and a piece of sponge in a corner.

I mean...WTF

Our new luxury kingsize** Hypnos bed is the stuff of dreams. Drift off on an ultra-comfy, pillow-top mattress supported by over a thousand pocket springs for the soundest sleep ever.
We’re so confident you’ll have a good night’s sleep that, if you don’t, we’ll give you your money back. This is our Good Night Guarantee.

:mad:

Back