WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Bloody ASUS router. Updated the firmware and it's absolute garbage now. Internet crawls and the wireless has died totally. Never had a router update that was such a mess.

Any idea how you back out an update as it's totally screwed the entire thing. :mad:

Had to pull the power lead out to make it reset and get any of it working again.

Last edited:
Any idea how you back out an update as it's totally screwed the entire thing. :mad:
There are supposed to be good Asus forums so you should be able to find what you want if you google asus router >router model< rollback firmware

I thought there was some dispute over whether he was running to announce the victory to Athens, or to ask for reinforcements from Sparta?

I thought there was some dispute over whether he was running to announce the victory to Athens, or to ask for reinforcements from Sparta?
Like so many Greek legends it might just have been a story invented in the Agora by some wondering bard to gather a few Obols. Fake news and false history aren't a modern invention. :sulk:

We'll never know!

There are supposed to be good Asus forums so you should be able to find what you want if you google asus router >router model< rollback firmware

In the end it seems it hasn't done the update and just crashed without doing it instead. It was back to normal after I pulled the power. I think it crashed and burned the last time I did the update and I had to do it from the desktop not via an app over wifi.

In the end it seems it hasn't done the update and just crashed without doing it instead. It was back to normal after I pulled the power. I think it crashed and burned the last time I did the update and I had to do it from the desktop not via an app over wifi.
Customer helpline phone call question number 1 - Have you tried switching it off and turning it back on again? :giggle: Hey.. put that router down! :exit:

Getting home to find nowhere to park yet again. The road outside is full of cars from the block of flats further down the road. No idea why they can't park outside their own block or even the road to the side of their block and the woman across the road has, yet again, parked in the middle of a what would be room for two cars. I have had to park around the corner.

I have had to park around the corner.
You have my sympathy but it's what happens when you live without a garage or a drive. After umpteen years of offroad parking for more cars than we own, moving back into our cottage has been something of a shock to the system parking wise. :sulk:

You have my sympathy but it's what happens when you live without a garage or a drive. After umpteen years of offroad parking for more cars than we own, moving back into our cottage has been something of a shock to the system parking wise. :sulk:
We have lived here 30yrs and it has never really been a problem until the last few years. What doesn't help is people who have had dropped kerb put in so they can have a drive, not only does it reduce the amount of kerb space, but some of the selfish barstewards still park in the kerb.

not only does it reduce the amount of kerb space, but some of the selfish barstewards still park in the kerb.
We've had that here as well. :(

We have lived here 30yrs and it has never really been a problem until the last few years.
A definite increase in cars parked in the road here too, over the last 20 / 30 years. Its the fact that the young families kids have now grown up and
are of car owning age,

but some of the selfish barstewards still park in the kerb.
Like the guy opposite me. Total twatt, besides that, he's plenty of drive space but he always leaves one car or van in the road...
I think its because he's just a twatt ...

A definite increase in cars parked in the road here too, over the last 20 / 30 years. Its the fact that the young families kids have now grown up and
are of car owning age,

Like the guy opposite me. Total twatt, besides that, he's plenty of drive space but he always leaves one car or van in the road...
I think its because he's just a twatt ...
It's not so much an increase in cars but the visitors people get who just park up regardless of the fact that if they moved up a little more another car could park behind or in front. I came out this morning to leave for work and there was loads of spaces. Yet there is only one neighbour who leaves for work before me.
There is a bloke who lives across the road, I think he is a long distance lorry driver, so not always at home and must leave his car at work when away, but he has a Range Rover, when he comes home, he parks it in the road regardless of the fact he has an empty drive.

What doesn't help is people who have had dropped kerb put in so they can have a drive, not only does it reduce the amount of kerb space, but some of the selfish barstewards still park in the kerb.

House I'm currently renting has a 3 car drive, I have 1 car and I park on the road.

But then again my cars never been vandalised on the road and has been on the drive.

It's not so much an increase in cars but the visitors people get who just park up

We get that here, being a short run to Gatwick, about 35mins
People dump their cars here and get their relatives who live on the estate to take them to Gatwick
not considering that the parking is residents only and it can get quite full at times

Ammonia alarm has gone off at work. We have been evacuated to the canteen and my pre workout smoothie was due 10 minutes ago.
:(

Not today, but the last few weeks (9 actually), the sodding M25 after about 13:00 is a joke, not much better when I leave at 5:30 in the morning either. I blame it on online shopping, so many lorries all the time.

Ammonia alarm has gone off at work. We have been evacuated to the canteen and my pre workout smoothie was due 10 minutes ago.
:(
Finished 1/2hr early as something has ruptured in the ammonia treatment plant rather than just the usual leak. Drawback was having to drink the pre workout drink on the way out to the car park and about 15 minutes before I got to the gym.

A definite increase in cars parked in the road here too, over the last 20 / 30 years. Its the fact that the young families kids have now grown up and are of car owning age,
More than that, cars are cheaper to own - some of the PCP prices mean very low monthlies, as well as no need to show income. Houses are more expensive to buy and you need to show proof of your income. Hence why I've seen Ferraris and the like parked behind big gates in dodgy areas.

WAMT: There's a small roundabout on the way to work. Almost like a T-junction but not quite. Single lanes only, no filtered lanes. Most oncoming traffic indicates right to turn on to the "stem" of the T, and don't indicate to carry on straight. Most of the time you can work out if a car's turning even if they're not indicating because of their speed and angle of approach. Except today I almost had an accident because the driver pulled out and didn't indicate to state they were turning right. If I'd been in a slower car, I'd have been hit. The amount of traffic means you'd easily be waiting 5+mins at busy times for absolutely no traffic. It'd just be easier if everyone told everyone else what they're up to. By indicating.

Last edited:
We have a problem with parking as a lot of people with drives for whatever reason don't use them and instead park on the road. I just don't understand this at all. One side of the road is now just about permanently unusable resulting in the road being effectively just one lane now which gives problems with oncoming traffic. The next problem is that a few people park their cars half on the pavement and this annoys me as when I'm pushing someone in a wheelchair the chances are I'll have to get off the pavement and go around the car and this can mean both back tracking 20, 30 or 50 yards or more to find a clear bit of sloping curb not blocked by a parked car and staying on the road passed the car until I come to the next unobstructed slope and of course any cars on the road see me and the chair as trespassers to be intimidated.

I'd love to see anyone parking and causing an obstruction ticketed but it never seems to happen. At school drop off and collection times the whole area is a no go zone despite there being a dedicated parking lane on the nearby main road which none of the school runners use as it'd involve walking 60-100m there and back.

And a PS.
I never ever not once went to school by car. What's changed?

Last edited:
50 years?

Scam call from fraudsters; a recorded message threatening prosecution for pension fraud if I don't press 1. :police:
Would have been more convincing if they'd called a number associated with an individual, and not a company.
It seems they're spoofing the real HMRC number (0300 200 3300) for caller ID, so unless you've been doing a Maxwell, you can ignore any cold calls from that number.

Going to Algarve this week, guess who ordered travel money last week when rates were at rock bottom!!!

The "sex pest" was back at the vending machines this morning. Different woman filling the machine though. Our shop steward spoke to the woman after he left (I suspect, seeing me frightened him off as he knows it was us that reported him twice before) but this woman doesn't have a problem with him at the moment, she is more likely to tell him where to go, the second he does or says anything she doesn't like. But our steward has told her if he does become a problem, to let one of us know and we will report him again.
He is a very creepy individual. He knows what times the women are restocking the vending machines. He doesn't even have an excuse to visit the vending machines in our department as there are machines in two other locations that are closer to where he works.

More of the nanny state... possibly!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50073107

I work for a great company who promote flexible working. As I deal with people in California, Texas and Australia, I find it much easier to do skype calls and work at 10/11pm and enjoy that, as it means I dont feel guilty about getting into work a bit later, or leaving early some days.

More an inconvenience that an annoyance #1stworldproblems

I decided that the van could do with a wash, it was either that or plant spuds!
Got the pressure washer out and she no go :(
Its been on the blink for awhile so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.
Bucket and sponge it is then ....

I just finished and it went black as night, and absolutely hissed down. Lots of rumbles of thunder too!

I just finished and it went black as night, and absolutely hissed down. Lots of rumbles of thunder too!
When I ran company cars I only washed them in the rain. Put the suds on and let the clouds rinse them down! :naughty:

When I ran company cars I only washed them in the rain. Put the suds on and let the clouds rinse them down! :naughty:
:LOL: sounds like a plan to me but the van was a tad beyond that :D

Someone gave us a bunch of grapes they'd grown at home. They're small and a bit tart but the main problem is they have stones or pips (whatever) in them and for me and the Mrs they're just inedible. We don't like to waste a scrap of food so we usually put the very small amounts of food waste we have out for the birds or anything else that comes along so out they went but after three days the grapes remain untouched and it looks like nothing is interested in eating them :(

Passenger seat drivers :banghead:

The junction at the end of my road can be busy, but why do passenger seat occupants feel the need to tell me the road is clear their way, which is the opposite side of the road?
I point out that is a line of cars that would collide if I chose to pull out
Today I just got fed up and told her she could say it as often as she liked but she was wasting her breathe

Reactions: Nod
Someone gave us a bunch of grapes they'd grown at home. They're small and a bit tart but the main problem is they have stones or pips (whatever) in them and for me and the Mrs they're just inedible. We don't like to waste a scrap of food so we usually put the very small amounts of food waste we have out for the birds or anything else that comes along so out they went but after three days the grapes remain untouched and it looks like nothing is interested in eating them :(

Break the skins of the grapes.
Birds love them here. Blackbirds and thrushes especially.

Ta.

If they're still there in the morning I'll see if I can break them up and see if they get some interest. We certainly have the usual birds but so far no interest and none from any nigh time callers either.

Catching that cold that's doing the rounds. That's what's annoyed me today! :grumpy: Pour me another whisky!

Last edited:
Today I just got fed up and told her she could say it as often as she liked but she was wasting her breathe
Wife and I are the opposite. When turning right whoever is driving concentrates on the right and the passenger says "clear" or "stop" as appropriate until the driver has pulled out. Works for us. ;)

Another near miss in the car today. People in our village park right up to the corner of the road junction. You can't see anything coming until you stick your nose out.

Back