WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Papa Johns. I used to love Papa John’s pizza. But since we’ve moved, the local one does not taste as good. Worse, a few times they’ve been late (15-30 mins) with their deliveries. So I tend to avoid them.

Except my wife loves their pizzas and she just had a procedure yesterday in hospital. So to cheer her up, I ordered from Papa Johns. We didn’t get our order for 40 mins and I phoned at the 20 minute mark to be told “the driver just left”. When I asked when, the reply was “ five minutes ago”. Pizza was barely luke warm.

I’ve told the missus if she wants PJ in the future, she can go herself.

Full blown storm here today, no chance of going out.
Tis a tad wet here too ..
I did see animals lining up in pairs earlier ...

Papa Johns. I used to love Papa John’s pizza. But since we’ve moved, the local one does not taste as good. Worse, a few times they’ve been late (15-30 mins) with their deliveries. So I tend to avoid them.

Except my wife loves their pizzas and she just had a procedure yesterday in hospital. So to cheer her up, I ordered from Papa Johns. We didn’t get our order for 40 mins and I phoned at the 20 minute mark to be told “the driver just left”. When I asked when, the reply was “ five minutes ago”. Pizza was barely luke warm.

I’ve told the missus if she wants PJ in the future, she can go herself.

Would 9/10 go domino's over papa Johns but PJ now does vegan cheese and it makes it alot better being lactose intolerant

The Catholic Church have said they are shocked to the core to learn of child abuse by their clergy in England and Wales
Has it come as a shock then, got my doubts somehow.

Get the chequebook out Mr Pope, going to cost you again

Paid for pickup from Hermes, turned up around 11.30 this afternoon and said it wouldn't fit in his car and he'd be back a little later noting that we close at 5pm...

Call my a sceptic but I don't think i'm seeing him again today...

You might if you wait for him...

I think he's gonna need a bigger car :D

Don't keep us hanging we need to know (y)

He never came back, rang them up and they said he's probably never coming back. A great service all round... :LOL::LOL:

The idiot who parked next to me in a multi storey car park in Horsham in a non parking space
I reversed in next to one of the round pillars at the the end of the marked spaces, although the area next to it is wide, it's not really wide enough for another car, but this moron thought it was and left just over a door mirror width between us,
the passenger door on my car was wouldn't have opened because the pillar was in the way
I pushed his mirror in, luckily I have latex protectors on my doors due to where I park at home so let the door rest on
the other car whilst I got in. looking at the state of that side of the car I have a feeling it's something the driver does all the time

Started off baffled and ended up annoyed. After leaving the gym, I had enough time to go to a local jet wash before going to work. As I approached the petrol garage, I can see the jet wash is already occupied by a van, so I pull over to one side of the forecourt to wait my turn. The van driver has already used the jet wash, but is now going around the van, spraying random areas with a spray bottle and then wiping it. The whole time he is on his phone and he keeps looking up the road behind me. The baffling bit? When he opens up the rear door to put the bottle and cloth away, I can now see he is a mobile car cleaner/detailed. Why the he'll is he using a jet wash in a petrol garage, surely he has his own in the back of the van. After having had to wait around 10 minutes since I arrived, the bloke gets in his van, but doesn't vacate the jet wash. Couple of minutes more a van pulls up onto the forecourt and stops next to me but also next to the pumps. Finally the van at the jet wash reverses out as the 2nd van pulls forward and yep! Drives straight to the jet wash, same car wash / detailing company and does exactly the same. It's now too late to even bother arguing the toss as I now need to go to work.
I only wanted to give the car a rinse over to remove the dirty dried watermarks, the water would have beaded and the car would have dried clean as I drove to work.

That’s very odd. Despite having a pressure washer and detailing gear (hobbyist, detailed my car only), I would sometimes use the local supermarket’s jetwash. The reason? I used to live on a main road and if I wanted to wash my car in winter, there was risk of me causing ice on the footpath, or it was the middle of the week and it was too busy to wash.

So I‘d pack all my detailing gear that I’d need for a maintenance wash and head to the local supermarket. I’d use their jetwash for rinsing and cleaning but I’d use my own shampoo and wash buckets etc.

Never seen a valeting company do this. Unless they were on their way to some sort of local show?

That’s very odd. Despite having a pressure washer and detailing gear (hobbyist, detailed my car only), I would sometimes use the local supermarket’s jetwash. The reason? I used to live on a main road and if I wanted to wash my car in winter, there was risk of me causing ice on the footpath, or it was the middle of the week and it was too busy to wash.

So I‘d pack all my detailing gear that I’d need for a maintenance wash and head to the local supermarket. I’d use their jetwash for rinsing and cleaning but I’d use my own shampoo and wash buckets etc.

Never seen a valeting company do this. Unless they were on their way to some sort of local show?

I would have at least expected them to free up the jet wash and finish off their vans elsewhere on the forecourt.

Finally the van at the jet wash reverses out as the 2nd van pulls forward and yep! Drives straight to the jet wash,
Not much does, but that sort of thing is actually one thing that does boil my p***.
You sit there for ages waiting for a pump / air line / wash.
And someone shuts you out just as you are about to get your turn after queuing.

I renewed our home insurance..house & contents, on Wednesday by phone after receiving the renewal notice . I thought a £20 rise was reasonable. After the the young lady had confirmed that the details were the same as last year I paid the premium in full and as she was finishing with her scripted spiel...and I was waiting for this.. she said that she'd put me on 'continuous payment authority'. The current payment wasn't on it . I have to say that I gathered, from the way she was speaking, she was clearly reading off the script which I appreciate they have to do..it's the norm, I interrupted her and told her that I do not want auto-renewal, obviously, by calling them, I wasn't on it last year. I also asked her to tick the box or not, whichever is the case, to show that I don't want marketing material. I was very firm about it. "No problem" she said."I won't put you on that system and I've ticked for no marketing

This happened with the same company 6 months ago regarding my car insurance and the same thing was written in the confirmation letter following the payment after I'd told them on the phone at renewal I didn't want auto-renewal.

The confirmation and thank you letter re the house insurance arrived in this morning's post and I do read these communications thoroughly. Here's what was written under the heading.....

All you need do know. (It's in bold text)

1.Check the schedule... etc

2. As you have taken advantage of our continuous payment option . :banghead:

This years premium will be taken from your credit card (it was a debit card not a credit card) etc. Next year we will automatically renew your policy but will let you know a few weeks in advance of doing this. You can cancel this option at any time should you wish to do so.

So.. I now have to call them again and I appreciate it's nothing to do with the person I speak to so I'll be nice...I've promosed my wife that I'll be nice..lol. I'll ask him/her to check the auto -renewal box (or continuous payment authority as they call it) and see what's there. Infact I'll just ask if auto-renewal is there as though I was a wanting it. It could well be that the young lady did what I asked and didn't put me on the auto-renewal system and the letter I got is the standard letter ..ie..out of her hands. I was thinking that if this is the case maybe she could have told me that I'd get this standard letter which puts the policyholder on auto-renewal and I'd have to call back to cancel it but this can't be right,surely....not if you've already clearly stated you don't want it. ?

With car insurance companies will say they do this so that if you forget to renew you won't be driving around with no insurance. I expect the same applies for Home/contents insurance but they send out renewal reminders anyway. It doesn't wash with me. If you order groceries from a supermarket do they, the following week automatically send you a another lot plus extras on the basis they don't want you to starve ?

The problem with auto-renewal is that a company ,in my opinion, might well be tempted to raise the premium more than they would otherwise as you might look for a better deal after getting the renewal reminder. It's all to do with inertia.

I can see home insurance premiums rising quite a bit in the near future because of the greater frequency of severe wqeather events. I see South Yorkshire has been badly hit by floods caused by a very slow -moving low pressure area with heavy,prolonged rain causing the river Don to overflow. It must be a dreadful experience to have your home flooded. It's not just the torrential rain but extreme heat and cold that are causing problems .

https://www.independent.co.uk/money...old-weather-boiler-water-damage-a8968156.html

The problem with auto-renewal is that a company ,in my opinion, might well be tempted to raise the premium more than they would otherwise as you might look for a better deal after getting the renewal reminder.
Absolutely they do, have you never phoned up a company and told them you leaving after receiving the "auto renewal" ?
Only to be told they can offer you a loyalty bonus, which can amount to quite a saving on car / house etc. insurance.
I am always fore armed with quotes from the likes of compare the market. / go compare or who ever.

It also makes me chuckle when the same company on there is quoting about £100 less than your renewal quote.
I like to throw that one back at them :D

turns out I have had Pneumonia,
I've had that a few years back, and yes you do feel like s*** and yes you do need to rest!
Take it easy Dave (y)

It was lying in a hospital bed, not allowed up for 10 days that gave me pneumonia after my brane op. They originally though it was my gall bladder until the final "better check it's that) X-ray showed it to be pneumonia instead. A week of IV antibiotics had me back on my feet.

As Chris said, makes you feel like crap but the drugs do (usually) work!

Absolutely they do, have you never phoned up a company and told them you leaving after receiving the "auto renewal" ?
Only to be told they can offer you a loyalty bonus, which can amount to quite a saving on car / house etc. insurance.
I am always fore armed with quotes from the likes of compare the market. / go compare or who ever.

It also makes me chuckle when the same company on there is quoting about £100 less than your renewal quote.
I like to throw that one back at them :D

I haven't had auto-renewal for quite a while. It was such a scandal the FCA got involved. However, re your question about calling after a renewal quote I did that 3 years ago to change to this company. I was quoted a 25% increase on my car insurance and they wouldn't move on it so I left. Many years ago I had been with the Prudential..my dad worked for them for 37 years. I'd been with them for 15 years and hadn't made a claim so I felt ok claiming for my 24-105mm Canon L Series lens that fell off the front of the camera because I didn't screw it on prooperly. I had accidental damage cover. It was, at that time, a £650 lens.I told the chap at the claims dept what had happened and I offered to send the lens to him so they could see the damaged edge and that the focusing mechanism didn't work. Her said I didn;t need tom dom that. I suppose it;'s funny looking back on it. He sasid they get WHE to send me a new one and I told him they coukld get it cheapewr somewhere else that eludes my memory at the moment. I frealised afterwards that they probably have deal going with WHE.They sent me a new lens but when it came to renewal the premium went from £370 to £700. I spoke to a customer-care lady and pointed out that on my record I was likely to go many years with no claims and it was a short-sighted policy and that after only two years premiums I'd have paid for it anyway. She said they are wary of fraud (I told her I'd offered to send the the other chap the lens, I appreciate they have to worry about fraud) and she totally agreed with me that it was short-sighted and would speak with her line manager. I wasn't going to pay that. They're happy to take your premiums but hit you hard if you cliaim. I mean, isn't that what insurance is for and if it can be seen that you haven't abused it I don't see why they think it''s right to double the premium. I changed companies and of course declared that claim. I haven't made a home insurance claim, including contents, since and it must be 8 years ago now.

Just back from hospital, as collaspsed and felt terrible. Took blood gave my strong as hell steriods and antibiots as it turns out I have had Pneumonia, have to told to take a complete rest now as feel crap.

'Orrible. I had it once when I worked in Germany in my younger days. visited the doctor was single at the time so I flew home and saw the doctor. He said I'd got back just in time as I had pleurisy. Pneumonia can progress to pleurisy so do whatever it takes to rid yourself of it.

Last edited:
They sent me a new lens but when it came to renewal the premium went from £370 to £700. I spoke to a customer-care lady and pointed out that on my record I was likely to go many years with no claims and it was a short-sighted policy and that after only two years premiums
Actually I had a similar experience, but with a happier ending,
I dropped a 70-200 2.8is mkII Valued at about £1800 at the time (what a twatt! ) not from any great height, but it hit a bench on the way down
and at the time the lens hood was reversed and the cover off,
so predictably it landed nose down on a bad surface and chipped the lens in 2 places, splitting the case and "making it rattle" I phoned my ins. company and explained what a twatt I'd been, ( I'd been with them a couple of years, and have never claimed from anyone before, the guy on the phone asked me a couple of questions, and we agreed a the full value less the £200 excess, it wasn't long before a cheque for £1600 arrived in the post (y)

Of course I was dreading the renewal, when the great day, had arrived they had raised the premium 2 quid! yes that's £2!
Needless to say I stayed with the "nodding dog" for the house and contents. (y)

Actually I had a similar experience, but with a happier ending,
I dropped a 70-200 2.8is mkII Valued at about £1800 at the time (what a twatt! ) not from any great height, but it hit a bench on the way down
and at the time the lens hood was reversed and the cover off,
so predictably it landed nose down on a bad surface and chipped the lens in 2 places, splitting the case and "making it rattle" I phoned my ins. company and explained what a twatt I'd been, ( I'd been with them a couple of years, and have never claimed from anyone before, the guy on the phone asked me a couple of questions, and we agreed a the full value less the £200 excess, it wasn't long before a cheque for £1600 arrived in the post (y)

Of course I was dreading the renewal, when the great day, had arrived they had raised the premium 2 quid! yes that's £2!
Needless to say I stayed with the "nodding dog" for the house and contents. (y)

Congrats on a positive outcome. When I’ve spoken about the incident it was surmising how many photographers had also had accidents with cameras and lenses. A friend in the US (CA) dropped his camera with lens into the Pacific..lol. Another drove off with his £1500 camera on the car roof..Ugh.

Unfortunately, my experience with the ‘nodding dog’ co. was not so positive. It involved my car insurance. My wife is, of course, a named driver on my car policy and in accordance with their T&C’s..as with all insurance companies, you have to inform them of any claims or convictions etc by yourself or anyone named as driver at any time during the term of the policy. As someone who complies with regs I informed them that during the February 2013 hurricane ..winds of 72mph sustained ..the definition of a hurricane..had swept across the UK causing tremendous damage. My wife had a company/lease car parked on the driveway. During the night we heard a roar..I’m sure it was a tornado..we’ve had one previously that took the roof off a bungalow 2 miles away. The following morning we found that a roof ridge tile..not one of the small ones..had been lifted from the far end of the roof ,across it and onto the roof/door section of the car. It was a week old..Ugh. The person who took the call had to ask his supervisor what to do. The answer was to pay £50 there and then or my insurance would be void. It had 6 months to go. I had to pay. My wife even offered to pay it back she felt so badly. When I contacted customer service dept and protested on the grounds that premiums are assessed on driving experience, convictions and car crime in the area...what happened was no reflection on my wife’s driving record. Infact, she has never had a driving conviction..no speeding tickets..nothing. And what was the response. A claim is a claim. It wasn’t even against that company. I told her not to bother sending me a renewal and she said they go out automatically. To be honest, I was so enraged I was tempted to vent my anger but was aware the calls are recorded and there’s an offence in relation to Telecomminucations Act... Needless to say, I didn’t renew. Another case of stupid decisions. They lost a darned sight more than the £50 they nailed me for. I ’ate them All....lol. I see financial institutions as ‘ the enemy’..lol. I could tell you another tale about financial shenanigans by a leading BS and out of the 5 people I asked an explanation of, including a customer service manager, not one not one could disagree with my figures. Infact the manager said that there something ‘awry’ about it. I complained to the FCA too. I received a letter from the CEO’s office which gave explanations for everything bar what I was complaining about. It wasn’t even mentioned.

Maybe an opportunity in this forum another day.

Last edited:
The person who took the call had to ask his supervisor what to do. The answer was to pay £50 there and then or my insurance would be void. It had 6 months to go. I had to pay.
That's outrageous!

To be honest, I was so enraged I was tempted to vent my anger but was aware the calls are recorded and there’s an offence in relation to Telecomminucations Act...
If someone really p***es me off on the phone, I ask them if they really are recording this, "for training purposes" invariably they answer yes,
Good! because I am about to explain exactly how incompetent they ( the company) really are, and I hope it helps to improve the next lot of customer service script readers :D
( of course this can be done without swearing ;) )

I received a letter from the CEO’s office which gave explanations for everything bar what I was complaining about. It wasn’t even mentioned.
I guess I've been fortunate when ever I've emailed the CEO. 9/10 its his "office" that replies but once I got a reply from the man himself. (y)
And the response has always been positive.

The only time this went pear shaped is when I was having serious internet issues, you guessed it, with Tesco :D
Tesco sold out to talk talk, and my 26mbs connection dropped over a period of a few months, to 0.1 - 03mbs ( yes that is correct! )
They did send an engineer who declared that there was no problem!
I got no where and contacted the Telecoms ombudsman they eventually replied with "There is no case to answer"!]

Needless to say, I left PDQ under their ( talk talk) terms of minimum service.
I went to BT from there, all was well for awhile, and then the connection started dropping off.
Here we go again.
Eventually an engineer ( the 3rd) discovered that the line between the "box in the ground" and my house was breaking down, and had been for quite sometime.
It took awhile but eventually they replaced it, and appologised for it taking so long.
£100 refunded to my account and a "new" 18 months contract at £19.99 / month.
They even apologised that I would need to sign up for 18 months instead of 12 months at that price.
I didn't complain, ... that much :D

That's outrageous!

If someone really p***es me off on the phone, I ask them if they really are recording this, "for training purposes" invariably they answer yes,
Good! because I am about to explain exactly how incompetent they ( the company) really are, and I hope it helps to improve the next lot of customer service script readers :D
( of course this can be done without swearing ;) ) Watch Football Online – Live Stream to any Device

I guess I've been fortunate when ever I've emailed the CEO. 9/10 its his "office" that replies but once I got a reply from the man himself. (y)
And the response has always been positive.

The only time this went pear shaped is when I was having serious internet issues, you guessed it, with Tesco :D
Tesco sold out to talk talk, and my 26mbs connection dropped over a period of a few months, to 0.1 - 03mbs ( yes that is correct! )
They did send an engineer who declared that there was no problem!
I got no where and contacted the Telecoms ombudsman they eventually replied with "There is no case to answer"!]

Needless to say, I left PDQ under their ( talk talk) terms of minimum service.
I went to BT from there, all was well for awhile, and then the connection started dropping off.
Here we go again.
Eventually an engineer ( the 3rd) discovered that the line between the "box in the ground" and my house was breaking down, and had been for quite sometime.
It took awhile but eventually they replaced it, and appologised for it taking so long.
£100 refunded to my account and a "new" 18 months contract at £19.99 / month.
They even apologised that I would need to sign up for 18 months instead of 12 months at that price.
I didn't complain, ... that much :D

We’re with BT and for several months and several complaints we still kept losing wi-fi, especially at weekends which I thought a bit odd Two weeks my wife spoke to a customer care lady and they’ve given us new router AND a booster. Like a large CD with a blue (on) light . Really modern. We had two router boxes before. BT customer service has been slammed by Which? ..I’m a member so I get the monthly magazine..should compulsory for everyone to be a subscriber..lol so,along with your experience as well it looks like they’re getting their act together. For a fiver a month I can watch Champions League football and Premiership games to And I have a 27” Retina iMac and the quality is better than the 47” LG TV..lol. Unfortunately, Sky have the Liverpool v Man City game tomorow. Sky package is £50 a month but NowTV.. owned by Sky I think..charge per game..about £10.

By the way. When we were having all that trouble with the wi-fi connection my wife answered a telephone call and the person said they had detected wi-fi problems and needed my wife to log onto the computer. I’ve alerted her to anyone cold calling,especially involving the computer so she said she’d call BT later. The women at the other end asked why not now in an abrasive manner. We called BT and as we suspected a scam call to take over the computer and do their worst.We wondered if they were aware of BT customers with wi-fi problems or it was just random as many people have such problems. I think the latter

so,along with your experience as well it looks like they’re getting their act together.
Lets hope so eh? (y)

For a fiver a month I can watch Champions League football and Premiership games NowTV.. owned by Sky I think..charge per game..about £10.
That is something that would be a total waste of money as far as I'm concerned ;)

I worked for a company once called NBC even typed in lower case lower it still showed the same web site.

After a few epic fails, it became known as no body cares(y)

Doesn't it just make your heart skip a beat when you
can't log in to on line banking because you are not recognised? !

Long story short, after all the usual faff with customer support, THEY had set my username to all upper-case!
Well thanks for telling me, FFS!

Obviously I scanned all the recent statements very closely, thankfully everything is in order.
No tiny subtle deductions or additions....

Last edited:
Doesn't it just make your heart skip a beat when you
can't log in to on line banking because you are not recognised? !

Long story short, after all the usual faff with customer support, THEY had set my username to all upper-case!
Well thanks for telling me, FFS!

Obviously I scanned all the recent statements very closely, thankfully everything is in order.
No tiny subtle deductions or additions....
Nuts.
Yesterday I got 2 envelopes from Lloyd's banking group telling me I can view my deferred pension online.
One envelope contained my user name and the other contained the password.
Tried it, and I'm not recognised....wtf.

Back