WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Lost count of the number of times I've dropped books on the beach - not a problem with paper but potentially less good for electronics! Reduces donations to charity too; I buy around 10 books per holiday and leave them in the apartment libraries.

WAMAFDA was getting to the end of a book to discover that some kind soul had torn out the last page. Will have to visit Waterstones or similar to find out the final twist! (The Runaway Jury by John Grisham.)

Maybe the ending was just too exciting or maybe too frightening...

Sorry for those two images :D

New shoes.

I love my new shoes. I had the previous pair for 7 years and the new ones for a month. I still occasionally trip going up stairs mainly due to thicker and more grippy tread. I hope I adapt instead of falling and injuring myself.

Yesterday, "Hello,

We’re contacting you to advise that your order: **************** requires an adult aged 18 or over to be available to accept the delivery.

A valid photographic ID will need to be shown to the driver on delivery, along with a signature. This is an additional measure to ensure our age verification requirements are adhered to by Amazon.

By sharing your ID, you are helping us to ensure items that are intended for people over 18 end up in the right hands.

Due to the importance of verifying age when delivering these products, age restricted items can only be delivered to the customer’s address, they cannot be delivered to a neighbour’s address or left in a safe place. In addition, they can’t be delivered to a locker or Pickup Point.

If an adult over the age 18 is not available at the address, or if an adult has not been able to show valid photo identification, the item will be returned to Amazon for re-delivery the following day. If your order is being delivered to a commercial address or residential apartment block, the receptionist, concierge or mailroom attendant receiving your parcel will need to provide a valid ID, showing they are aged 18 or over. If they can’t, the parcel will be returned to Amazon for re-delivery the following day.

List of acceptable photo identification:

• A passport
• A European Union (photo card) driving licence
• Ministry of Defence Form 90 (a defence identity card issued to serving military)
• National Identity card issued by European Union Member State (other than the United Kingdom), and Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland
• A biometric immigration document (issued by The Home Office to individuals going through different stages of the immigration process as a residence permit.).
• A photographic identity card bearing a national Proof of Age Standard Scheme (PASS) hologram

Today, "Your package with Chef Knife, PAUDIN 8 Inch... and 4 more items will be delivered today.
If you want us to leave the package unattended, please provide delivery instructions for the driver."

Why TF wasn't the driver allowed to leave the package in the normal place (we have a meter cupboard that he usually leaves packages in if we're out and the keys with the request card were in/on the door as usual yesterday.) yesterday? PITA for him as much as for us, although we've altered our plans for today to make sure we are in to sign for the thing.

ETA that because we were in for the redelivery, the chap needed to see proof of age ID but had we been out, he could have left it in the cupboard... And the knife is lovely - well balanced, sharp and looks great - Damascus blade with pakkawood handle. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QVYS68Y?ref_=pe_3187911_248764861_302_E_DDE_dt_1&th=1

Last edited:
Bullying.

Not of me because I have a temper and that saved me from bullying.

My nieces daughter was bullied at Middlesbrough college. The girl went to staff who questioned the culprits and when they denied it that was the end of the matter from the staffs POV but the bullying continued. My niece and her hubby complained and attended a meeting and it was suggested that the girl should move to a different course. The end came when the bullies planted drugs in her bag and when the girl went to staff she wasn't believed. After all this she had no option but to leave and that's a career path over and done with before it began.

So, a big shout up for Middlesbrough college for having all the right policies but no follow up and no support for a young girl being bullied beyond suggesting she may want leave. Still, seeing a young girl forced out is I suppose easier on staff than doing anything to stop the bullying.

I'd have been tempted to push things as far as possible with the college and to get the police involved especially when the drugs were planted but in reality the bullying was always going to continue as family members just can't and indeed aren't allowed be there every minute of the learning day and the staff to their shame apparently couldn't give a flying.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that finds ring pull tins a pain in the posterior? It seems to me that every time I open a can with a ring pull, that last little bit just as the lid comes off always results in me getting sprayed with some form of sauce or juice.

Am I the only one that finds ring pull tins a pain in the posterior? It seems to me that every time I open a can with a ring pull, that last little bit just as the lid comes off always results in me getting sprayed with some form of sauce or juice.

No, you're not the only one, it happens to me too plus as I spend much of my time with my hands in hot water (washing stuff) I suffer from spitting nails and sometimes a ring pull just catches and I go OUCH!

Cancer.

Had our much beloved cat put to sleep earlier because she was riddled with tumours including a large one that was making her breathing very laboured. Draining 90ml of fluid off the pleural cavity made her last night more comfortable and she managed a decent sized meal but she had gone right back downhill this morning so we made the decision while she still had a little quality of life.

Cancer.

Had our much beloved cat put to sleep earlier because she was riddled with tumours including a large one that was making her breathing very laboured. Draining 90ml of fluid off the pleural cavity made her last night more comfortable and she managed a decent sized meal but she had gone right back downhill this morning so we made the decision while she still had a little quality of life.
Oh no that’s awful, know how you feel we have lost one of ours to cancer too

Never planned on having a pet but took her on from Dad when he was in the hospice - had the pleasure of serving her for the best part of 10 years, a total privilege never to be repeated. Worked out that although we always looked on her as Dad's cat, we had the pleasure of her for twice as long as he did and of course knew her while she was Mum and Dad's boss too.

Cancer.

The right thing to do. Two of my five lived out their natural life span but were still put to sleep at the end. Even when it's a tough decision you get to the point where you just know. The second time around wasn't any easier but it wasn't about me....................

Hospital cock up, my wife is undergoing checks for a possible heart condition, she is diabetic and had her first of the two appointments today at two twenty pm.

Preparation instructions included only two rounds of toast for breakfast and sips of water, they were just getting her connected up for the treadmill and she came over dizzy felt sick and nearly passed out, panic struck the staff.

She said to them what do you expect I am diabetic and haven't eaten all-day, it seems she should have been given a morning appointment with being diabetic, tests canceled now waiting for new appointments.

Our fault I guess for assuming they knew what they were doing.

Ticket prices for Queen & Adam Lambert at The O2 that went on sale this morning. £136 each plus booking fee. A tad expensive when 5 are required. Giving that one a miss. :(

Cancer.

Sorry to hear that. It's a bugger :(

My lips were dry last night, maybe I've got a bug. I thought I'd put some lip balm on as I remembered I had a couple of those lip stick style ones upstairs so I went and got one but it had gone dry so I tried the other one and that was going dry too but I managed to get some on my lips. I suppose it's no surprise they're going dry as I've had them well over 10 years. Just out of interest I read the info on them to see if there was a use by date and I discovered they aren't lip balms at all, they're for cleaning and demisting glass and mirrors.

Mrs WW was still laughing at me this morning.

My lips were dry last night, maybe I've got a bug. I thought I'd put some lip balm on as I remembered I had a couple of those lip stick style ones upstairs so I went and got one but it had gone dry so I tried the other one and that was going dry too but I managed to get some on my lips. I suppose it's no surprise they're going dry as I've had them well over 10 years. Just out of interest I read the info on them to see if there was a use by date and I discovered they aren't lip balms at all, they're for cleaning and demisting glass and mirrors.

New laptop please! :clap:

.... mine appears to have sustained coffee damage.

My reputation is shot.

Thing is I've been using them for over 10 years so it doesn't seem to have done me any damage and at least my lips are usually bright and shiny :D

Last edited:

At least you didn't use a Pritt stick!

Just make sure your eye drops aren't labelled Loktite...

Hospitals !!!!!
Sitting around for 2 hours waiting for a discharge letter to be printed off that would be ready in a few minutes everytime we asked !!!!!
Then when we threatened to walk out and asked for the medication my friend had taken with him and they had been using overnight , they decided it need to be checked to make sure it was correct, despite it being in sealed capsule for each time it was needed.
Told them to keep it we would go to the doctor and get a fresh lot, yep they gave it to him but still tried to make more excuses
He was told he could be picked up at 9am, we eventually escaped at 11.45

How everything you buy is getting smaller, toilet rolls are not much bigger than till rolls these days.
Its all well and good saying prices haven't gone up, but we end up buying twice as much

A side effect of this is it falsely keeps inflation down which many rises are based on
So need more toilet paper, but no wage increase to buy it, just keep getting worse off.

Ticket prices for Queen & Adam Lambert at The O2 that went on sale this morning. £136 each plus booking fee. A tad expensive when 5 are required. Giving that one a miss. :(

I thought Evanescence/Within Temptation was a bit pricey at 60 quid for standing tickets at the O2
Not a patch on those, thought about it myself, don't think i'll bother then, crazy money

Took my daughter to Ikea yesterday, we decided to have something to eat and both quite like the meatballs.
Menu board said meatballs and mash, so I that's what I ordered, with gravy, he then proceeded to serve chips with them !!!
Said I'd like mash only to be told they didn't have any, sand proceeded to remove the chips along with gravy back into
the serving pan and asked if I minded if a few were left, told him he could keep the whole plate
Firstly I don't like chips with gravy and secondly I can't believe he just scooped them back to be re-served to the
next unsuspecting customer.
I hadn't heard but apparently the person in front had also rejected her meal because he put gravy on it without
asking

Queen fronted by Freddie Mercury worth any price, any other frontman just makes them a cover band.

Queen fronted by Freddie Mercury worth any price, any other frontman just makes them a cover band.
Fortunately I saw them in 86 at Wembley. Tickets were a normal price and were supported by The Alarm, Status Quo and INXS.

Why companies include a bag or pouch that will never be used

I have bought expensive seatposts (Thomson) for bikes that come with a carrying bag.
Why, they get inserted in the frame with a saddle stuck on top, wouldn't even fit in the bag.
Their stems are the same, never going to want to put it in a bag
Bought a Peak Design capture clip to carry my camera, why does it come with a bag?
Its designed to be fixed on a belt or rucksack strap, why would you want a soft carrying bag
How many times do you see lenses for sale and the ad says comes with unused pouch.
Its either on the camera, in a bag or in something offering more protection than a flimsy pouch.

Waste of materials and money, there are numerous examples of this very pointless inclusion

Fortunately I saw them in 86 at Wembley. Tickets were a normal price and were supported by The Alarm, Status Quo and INXS.

Yep, I was there as well. Can't remember exactly how much the tickets were but I think they were somewhere around the £25 mark.

WAMT
Once again I have offered stuff on freeecycle, people have been very keen to get it and then they do not turn up. It is happening more and more lately, if I ask if they still want it they either ignore me or come out with some stupid excuse. A few years ago this never happened. Still they say that no good deed goes unpunished

WAMT
Once again I have offered stuff on freeecycle, people have been very keen to get it and then they do not turn up. It is happening more and more lately, if I ask if they still want it they either ignore me or come out with some stupid excuse. A few years ago this never happened. Still they say that no good deed goes unpunished

That's people for you,Kev. No-one seems to give a monkeys these days. Like you, I hate throwing out stuff if I think could be useful to someone. You'd be better off just taking any useful items to your local charity shop, otherwise bin the stuff.

18 months ago my neighbour was having fencing delivered...no time slot was given so he nipped out to B&Q . As sod's law would have it the delivery came 5 minutes after he left. The delivery, in a large lorry, consisted of 12 x 6' fence panels, posts metal post spikes and bags of cement. I was unable to assist due to disc/sciatica risk ..(my neighbiur's wife knew this)..which struck me again the last few days..I have to be careful. Fortunately, the other neighbour was just arriving home and my neighbour;s wife (barely able to walk)and in panic mode) asked him if he could assist which he did. It took about 30 minutes to offload the items into the back garden. We're having a kitchen fitted soon and the delivery was yesterday but bearing in mind our neighbour's experience I contacted the company on Thursday and asked if there would be two men (usually men) delivering. No..just the driver was the answer. I told the boss I wouldn't be able to help with unloading as I'm on diazipam and zapain and can barely move without 7/10 pain. I think I did it taking 4 of the cupboards down in the kitchen and putting them onto the garage wall for extra storage plus a general clear out of the garage making room for the new items. So..the boss said he'd leave the 3 x 3m lengths of worktop off the load as they're heavy and the driver would require assistance.

Thing is, this must be a regular occurance that companies expect the householder to assist a driver with unloading whatever. It's fair to assume that a delivery charge is included in the price. No such thing as 'free delivery' or free anything ,really. Am I being unreasonable or do I have a point ? No-one made an enquiry as to whether there was anyone at home who could assist. There are all sorts of reasons why people can't get involved in lifting heavy items. When I mentioned it to the driver he said that in these circumstances the drivers would take the heavy items back. In our case they will deliver the worktops when the fitters are here. Of course, just having the driver saves the company money. I'm not sure this is acceptable. Maybe someone will say if they employ two people for deliveries the costs increase.

Last edited:
Back