WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Sorry me thought it was the Walking Dead Thread :oops: :$
No THIS IS the thread you are looking for (y)

WAMT?
People posting spoilers (Off thread) about a programme that I have no idea existed :p

I'm frequently annoyed by all the 'offers' you find in supermarkets. 'Buy, two get one free', 'Buy one, get one half price', all that sort of thing. I only want one, not three. In M&S, (the worst offender in my view) they will have an end of aisle open fridge (don't get me started on those!) with items seemingly eligible for a complex deal involving four items or more etc. They will include items in the same fridge that aren't in the deal, so you pick four items up to find one isn't in the deal so you end up paying full price for all four items that you didn't really want anyway!

You've got to have your wits about you otherwise they'll catch you out!!

I feel better now! :cool:

Last edited:
Getting outbid on Greedybay again :runaway:

Apparently a bid twice the value of the item would guarantee a winner :banghead:

I wouldn't mind but it's Photography related :mad:

Last edited:
Random bloke on a train, continuous, coughing, scratching and farting and now just spilt his coffee everywhere. FFS there is only so much you can take first thing on a Monday morning.
Taking the train would be enough for me. That's what cars are for, at least the idiots are outside and you have a chance of escaping them. :)

use a sniper

mind you the bay of e is a bit silly at times a 7Dmk1 went for over 1k yesterday - mean wtf you can get them new for about 700

Todays annoyance. Sensor dust. Managed to clean it mind you thanks to youtube.

There are some useful things amongst the cat, dog and halfwit videos.

Taking the train would be enough for me. That's what cars are for, at least the idiots are outside and you have a chance of escaping them. :)

Would that be all the idiots not working in the 50 mph roadworks that currently occupy 65% of A roads and motorways. Or the other hungover, tired - not paying attention, lane changing-without indicating, texting Idiots that cause the *Monday / Friday (delete as appropriate) accidents causing major tailbacks ?

I'm fortunate, no roadworks and all the queues are on the opposite carriageway. :)

I'm fortunate, no roadworks and all the queues are on the opposite carriageway. :)

That is fortunate, but come April, the new financial year there will be more money in the pot and they will do your side. It's only a matter of time :)

A pair of debadged BMW Xs diagonally parked across 4 parking spaces. Foreign regs so unlikely to get a ticket. Luckily I don't need to wander round town today so could come home but had Mrs Nod been on her own, it could have been a bigger problem - she NEEDS to be there.

Finding out just how many radiator valve pins are stuck... and that the wickes 15mm TRV heads don't seem to fit on other 15mm bodies when you'd expect 15mm to be the same size across all. Arse!

Inquisitive dogs on those bloody extending leads when taken to the vet. Cats and rabbits are stressed enough at being in a cage without a yapping face at the bars.

going in to work to find the useless git on earlies has done bugger all, leaving me to sort all the bloody mess out.

Inquisitive dogs on those bloody extending leads when taken to the vet. Cats and rabbits are stressed enough at being in a cage without a yapping face at the bars.

They're just being dogs....slap the owners.

Reactions: Nod
having the fridge pack up in our bunkhouse with one two day booking to go before it goes out of hand (needless to say i won't be buying a new one - but i may see if freecyle have anything to offer)

Toothache - see also the WCMUT thread.

WAMY - the train being cancelled, the next one being delayed and it taking me 2.75 hours to get home when it normally takes 1.25 hours.

WAMT - getting to the train station this morning to see that all services were either cancelled or delayed by 45 minutes minimum. It's a bit cold - that happens in winter, prepare your bloody trains properly, FGW.

WDAMT - deciding to work from home instead :)

A pair of Tesco delivery vans who met on a street where passing is impossible. Rather than one of them backing up to a spot where the other could turn off or pass, both sat there glowering at each other. Twunts.

Know what you mean Nod. We are lucky enough to live on a road which has a playing field on the opposite side. That side gets full of parked cars at the weekend (the teams park before their games). Every weekend there are drivers who either cannot work out how to keep the traffic flowing or will not accept that they might have to give way to somebody else, and the road gets stuck for a while.

Dave

The guy who was supposed to be buying my bike in my avatar has backed out of the deal,no new lenses for me now.

lovingly preparing a loin of pork in apple juice to slow cook in the rayburn for 8 delicious hours while i was at work .... but that sounds more like a WCMUT you say , well yes you'd be right had I not returned home as hungry as a hungry thing to discover I'd missed one important step... I didnt put the damn thing in the oven , it was still sat on the side waiting to go in. Grrr

ahh well i'll have that tommorow instead - theres always beans on toast

Could have been worse, you could have a very happy cat!!!

Rayburn - not waiting two hours for the oven to heat up , this is going to be a toster and microwave job, although that said I just found a 4kg tin of quality street (which I intended to take in for my team next week) so I may just eat that then see if i'm still hungry

W also AMT finding out the Clive was standing down as the admin at Barry boys and that they'd appointed black sheep instead. - for those that this doesnt mean anything to its equivalent to Marcel deciding to move to outer mongolia and transfering his admin rights to Scrivens.

its equivalent to Marcel deciding to move to outer mongolia and transfering his admin rights to Scrivens.
OK who let the cat outta the bag?
that was supposed to be a surprise for the new year :D

nah thats the cover story , in actual fact ive just got a book deal and I'm buying slack media with the royalties... but keep it on the downlow because no one knows about that yet.... ;)

Call centres, FFS.

Oh and @big soft moose ...good luck with that pork loin if it's been sitting out all day today at room temp. (y)

Call centres, FFS.

Oh and @big soft moose ...good luck with that pork loin if it's been sitting out all day today at room temp. (y)

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww we have been saved from his takeover bid ;)
Now watch the story change to say the rayburn wasn't a light and the kitchen was cold :D

Cats have very sensitive tongues, I don't think it liked the taste of the room-ingested micro bacteria !

it was in a covered casserole dish .. also bacteria are less likely to be an issue once its been cooked in a hot oven for 8 hours.

@big soft moose
Please show this to your dog... (given your previous history)...

GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

it was in a covered casserole dish .. also bacteria are less likely to be an issue once its been cooked in a hot oven for 8 hours.

8 hours in a hot oven will certainly make it burnt offerings, I thought the idea of Rayburns was to cook slowly at a medium heat,
well thats how I used mine, cheaper cuts of meat cook beautifully

8 hours in a hot oven will certainly make it burnt offerings, I thought the idea of Rayburns was to cook slowly at a medium heat,
well thats how I used mine, cheaper cuts of meat cook beautifully

indeed - but 8 hours at 200 deg f is still hot enough to kill bacteria ... end of the day its pork so its pretty much laden with bacteria anyway regardless of it being sat in caserole dish in a kitchen heated by a rayburn on a low (about 200 deg f) heat

oh and our rayburn is always lit - its oil fired and runs the hot water as well as providing general heat for the house , and cooking

WAMT - Trying to book a hotel for a trip to Cape Town in January. Did the research last night, found one that seemed to be the best trade off between price / quality / location etc. Discussed it with my wife this evening and she agreed with my choice. Went to book it and found the price has gone up overnight from £461 to £542. WTF? That's over 17% extra! Quick conflab to decide whether we still think it's the best option. Looked at some of the others again but decided that this was still our first choice even at the higher price. Went back to the PC to book it, and it's gone up AGAIN. £566 now. That's an extra £24 in 20 minutes!!!!!

FFS! talk about inflation Stewart!
Thats just crazy!

Possibly search again from a different source?
Might the site register your visits and the price increase accordingly?
Just a theory.

Possibly search again from a different source?
Might the site register your visits and the price increase accordingly?
Just a theory.
Actually that's a valid point, I noticed easy jet did that to me a couple of times, in the past,
but not to the same extent, but "enough" ;)
I logged out cleared the crap etc. and started again, without logging in.
It did make a difference ;)

Back