WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I remember going back probably 12 years or more,with the live announcement at the end of the programme.
"If you were affected by any of the issues in this programme" < here is the help line / support number> Please call, or some such.
And that was from any one of the soaps that the ex used to watch!
Some people are not capable of separating fact from fiction.
Or they just like to be "Butt hurt" I'm not sure which ...
In this particular example, I think that's used when the storyline is, for example, domestic violence / rape / child abuse, and the numbers are there for people who have been affected by these issues in their real life who might not necessarily know the appropriate contacts to which they can reach out if they feel they need help / support.

Yup. Up until now, I've changed insurers every year. But it looks like there are price increases across the board.

I’m expecting a premium increase due to the flooding again. If I get another £20 increase,though. I’m off elsewhere.

I've always been an advocate of the 12 days of Christmas. To the point where, if I were in charge, Christmas would last from 25th December until 6th January, people wouldn't be able to put up decorations until 24th, and shops would be allowed to sell Christmas stuff from 1st Dec until 6th Jan.

In which case I am happy in the knowledge that you are not in charge. :)....To January 6th ? Way too long. Based on the nebulous account of Epiphany, I assume , although it’s never good practice to assume anything.

Mixture of (1) WCMUT and (2) WAMT

(1) Christmas lights on all nearby houses have been removed. Hallelujah......Lol....

(2) Went into town this afternoon and was dismayed to see, not only the Christmas lights still adorn the main streets but the 25m lit Christmas tree is still there In the pedestrianised section.

I remember going back probably 12 years or more,with the live announcement at the end of the programme.
"If you were affected by any of the issues in this programme" < here is the help line / support number> Please call, or some such.
And that was from any one of the soaps that the ex used to watch!
Some people are not capable of separating fact from fiction.
Or they just like to be "Butt hurt" I'm not sure which ...

Re fact and fiction...putting aside Viv1969’s valid comment .....that is very true..some can’t distinguish. Here’s how I know for sure. Years ago I heard an interview on the radio involving William Roache who, as you’ll no doubt know, played Ken Barlow in Coronation Street. He was asked about his experiences when walking about in public as himself,not KB. Ie..he’s out shopping for example. He recalled how a women came up to him and hit him saying..” Don’t talk to your mother like that”..lol. On set his ‘mum’ was Ida Barlow played by Noel Dyson.

Last edited:
Wamt - my flippin dad, I know he's 90 but FFS how many times do I have to tell him not to unplug stuff as it screws things up, such as timers and to press the TV remote until the TV flashes green then it's active and he can watch things on it. But no he has to keep unplugging stuff and I have to go round and reset timers etc. Then he wonders why his bed is cold when he gets in it, latest one is the plug fell out of the wall. I know he's lonely, I know he's on his own but really, something every day!
I know, I am going to Hell as I am an inconsiderate bstd son-in-law.

Lol..... 90 year . Therein lies the answer. Great age btw. I’ll bet he can tell a tale or two.

My dad did the same. That’s what they were told to do back in those days. Before you go to bed pull all the electric plugs out of the sockets....lol..yes..causes mayhem doesn’t it. You won’t win, of course, because he just cannot go to bed and leave the plugs in the sockets so you may as well devise a mental strategy to cope. Most of his generation had a hard life which included WW2 of course so try to cut him a bit slack..darned annoying as it is. I wonder what we’ll do that annoys our younger family members when/if we get to that age ..?

Lol..... 90 year . Therein lies the answer. Great age btw. I’ll bet he can tell a tale or two.

My dad did the same. That’s what they were told to do back in those days. Before you go to bed pull all the electric plugs out of the sockets....lol..yes..causes mayhem doesn’t it. You won’t win, of course, because he just cannot go to bed and leave the plugs in the sockets so you may as well devise a mental strategy to cope. Most of his generation had a hard life which included WW2 of course so try to cut him a bit slack..darned annoying as it is. I wonder what we’ll do that annoys our younger family members when/if we get to that age ..?
Indeed but he leaves loads of other things plugged in, washing machine, fridge, phones etc. It just seems ridiculous to pull plugs on other stuff but you are right he comes from that generation. I was just having a bad day, all good in the world now. In fact we are having our 'delayed' Christmas tomorrow, presents and everything (decorations down now though). He was in London during WW2, not quite old enough to join up, but he did get evacuated for a short while, which he enjoyed, regular food and no bombs.

Indeed but he leaves loads of other things plugged in, washing machine, fridge, phones etc. It just seems ridiculous to pull plugs on other stuff but you are right he comes from that generation. I was just having a bad day, all good in the world now. In fact we are having our 'delayed' Christmas tomorrow, presents and everything (decorations down now though). He was in London during WW2, not quite old enough to join up, but he did get evacuated for a short while, which he enjoyed, regular food and no bombs.
My advice would be learn to live with it, you will miss him when he's gone.

My late father was the same, always switching things off or unplugging them.
He was medically unfit to serve in the military during WW2 so spent his war years working in munitions factories in London and as a part time air raid warden. He used to tell stories of how he dealt with incendiaries on the roof of the factory where he worked. At the start of the war he was employed as a miner in the North East but was laid off when France fell as his pit lost their customer for the coal they produced. He was sacked on the spot from his first munition factory job when the boss found out he was a member of a trade union......

Last edited:
Mixture of (1) WCMUT and (2) WAMT

(1) Christmas lights on all nearby houses have been removed. Hallelujah......Lol....

(2) Went into town this afternoon and was dismayed to see, not only the Christmas lights still adorn the main streets but the 25m lit Christmas tree is still there In the pedestrianised section.

It’s still Christmas. Remember, in some countries the children haven’t even been given their presents yet.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:Finding out that when I ripped my CDs to play on my portable player, I had ripped them all to WMA rather than MP3. Fine for the portable player but not so good for my new Android phone...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tomorrow, I shall mostly be reripping a load of CDs...:banghead:

@Nod
Might be worth trying an audio conversion tool rather than reripping or finding a phone app that will play them as is. Saves hours.

Also if you've bought from amazon they did have free mp3 versions of cds you bought from them. Might save some time if they've already ripped them.

Thanks for that, Suz. Mrs Nod suggested the same thing so I have found a free conversion tool (Switch) which will be doing its thang for a while! Ballsed up the first try but I THINK I have now got it to do the whole collection to an identical file structure in a new folder - time will tell!!!

A few were from Amazon so when I did the original transfer to the new phone, some albums played but most wouldn't. Took me a while to realise why! This old dog has problems with new tricks. Just hoping that I can get on with an Android phone after some years of Windows.

ETA... Problem solved! Took a while to do the conversion and a bit of time to transfer them across to the SD card in the phone but now up and running.

Last edited:
Getting to within 50m of a waterfall twice with no better than 95% occluded view of it (and always above it) to take pictures then spending a further hour looking for a way to get down to it without success

So many times when there's something on TV that involves a plot twist or big reveal or contestant exit or win of some sort you can guarantee that the next morning some grinning brain dead celebrity will blab... usually it's someone on one of the morning TV shows.

I know they can't stop themselves talking about it but can't they at least consider that some of us didn't see the show and intend to watch it on catch up and can't they at least say that they're about to have a massive spoiler and give us time to mute or switch over?

We've had two examples today.

A pox on all celebrities who just can't wait to blab.

It’s still Christmas. Remember, in some countries the children haven’t even been given their presents yet.

Yes..you're right. I thought about that aspect overnight after posting. My main gripe is it starts so early, late November/early December and, as mentioned lights strung across the streets and a very tall lit christmas tree still in town. I agree with Omen that from the 24th is fine but not going on till January 6th. I'd have thought 24th -27th would be ok,then a break and the 'secular' New Year celebrations .It's a long time for the regular TV listing to be all over the place. I know where I am with the news..BBC..1.00pm. 6.00pm.Regional news following then Chn 4 News at 7.00pm. I don't like disruption.:)

Anyway, kids aside..it's the religious aspect for me too but I can't expand on that here other than to say it's imposed on the whole of society for too long. Who sends us cards ? no idea,I don't read them and my wife knows not to tell me.

I can't expand on that here other than to say it's imposed on the whole of society for too long.
It's an odd thing all right. They took the Jewish Hanuka festival, glued on the pagan German Yule along with the Roman Saturnalia and assigned the whole thing to the winter solstice. To be fair to the Christians it only turned into a hooha at the end of the 19th century and one Charles Dickens bears much of the blame for that.

Not as much as Tori and Bert!

That dust bunny on the Flickr log in page pic. :banghead::bat:

Coming home late, planning to have a half hour blast on the turbo trainer only to discover that the stationary bike that is affixed to the trainer has a puncture. It doesn't touch the ground! How the bleeding hell has it got a puncture ffs

Coming home late, planning to have a half hour blast on the turbo trainer only to discover that the stationary bike that is affixed to the trainer has a puncture. It doesn't touch the ground! How the bleeding hell has it got a puncture ffs
Leaking tyre valve?

Nope - it's a puncture (at least it's a pinhole in the inner tube on the part that would be outward facing - so exactly like a puncture out on the road)

"it's a mystery, it's a mystery - Toyah Wilcox. ;)

just been on the radio, annoying song that.

Last edited:
After getting sepsis as a Christmas present, Diabetes for the new year!

It's an odd thing all right. They took the Jewish Hanuka festival, glued on the pagan German Yule along with the Roman Saturnalia and assigned the whole thing to the winter solstice. To be fair to the Christians it only turned into a hooha at the end of the 19th century and one Charles Dickens bears much of the blame for that.

Thank you.. :). There's all that too but I didn't want to start going into whether the event even took place but your post gives me the green light..:) Three ??? Wise..? men.....or Kings?? ...travelling goodness knows how far..described as from 'afar' or from the East...'following' a star. For those who believe this get yer coat on and try following a star. Hard enough in a car on good roads let alone a camel through wilderness and over mountains..:rolleyes: It will soon be a case of 'sod this for a game of marbles...:LOL:

Just to put the record straight,then and apologies for being a 'party-pooper.'..

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/three-wise-men/

Or...
http://theconversation.com/can-astronomy-explain-the-biblical-star-of-bethlehem-35126

Together with Prince Albert and Rowland Hill (Uniform Penny Post)...

After getting sepsis as a Christmas present, Diabetes for the new year!

Trying to find a positive for you, Marc.

If you're now on Metformin (or similar), I think you can get an exemption card so you get free prescriptions.

Trying to find a positive for you, Marc.

If you're now on Metformin (or similar), I think you can get an exemption card so you get free prescriptions.

Yes, Sue pointed that one out. Silver linings and all that.

Never gave me that "problem"! Now under control with diet and exercise (if I ever was actually type 2...) so no Metformin or free scripts.

Back