WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Ordering the wrong "universal" entry system handset. Managed to swap the internals from the old one into the casing of the new so got the job done but it turned a 10 minute job into an hour and a half of farting around! The units LOOK identical from the outside but the circuit boards are slightly different (in terms of componentry - identical dimensions) and so is incompatible with the system fitted at Mrs Nod's studio.

For the second day in a row, the road I use to get to the gym is closed, so have to take a diversion of several miles to get around the closure. Not too much of a problem, but needing petrol, I now have to fill up whilst on the diversion on the way to the gym as it would be an even bigger diversion if I attempt it after the gym. Having filled up with petrol, I now set off for the gym, only to find another road has been closed and subsequently another diversion.
Basically our town is a crossroads and two of the 4 roads are currently shut. I wouldn't mind but they did a similar thing last year, closing a couple of roads for a fortnight. No idea how long they are planning the closures for this time, don't even know why they have closed them to be honest.

WAM.

A couple with a little girl in the high street at about 08:30 yesterday Morning. The little girl was pre school, maybe 3 or 4, something like that. She was walking on alone with a bag of crisps. Her overweight parents had stopped further back, she was watching closely as he did a scratch card. I know they didn't win as he just dropped the card and they walked on.

WAM... littering, being overweight and allowing their little girl to totter on eating a bag of crisps (at 08:30, so it's breakfast on the go?) alone beside the busy high street traffic. I wondered what chance she has with parents like that.

Perhaps I was having a judgemental day and if I am then apart from their poor parental skills and example setting the littering is enough to annoy me.

My point is it's damaging their health and their quality of life, possibly putting a strain on the health service or others and probably setting a bad example for their pre school child who's eating crisps for breakfast.

It's IMO not a case of what's wrong with his picture and more there being nothing right with this picture.

My point is it's damaging their health and their quality of life, possibly putting a strain on the health service or others and probably setting a bad example for their pre school child who's eating crisps for breakfast.

It's IMO not a case of what's wrong with his picture and more there being nothing right with this picture.

Oh, i agree with you.. It just made me chuckle :)

I did think about picking the scratch card up and making him eat it. Either that or rolling it up and putting it somewhere that isn't a waste bin.

It's as bad down here except add to that cigarette in one hand and phone in the other not even aware of what the kid is doing and flick ash allover the one in the pushchair :banghead:

Tradesmen working inside house not cleaning up after themselves.
One has been throwing his fag ends onto front lawn!

This isn’t so much as WAMT as What is annoying me right now.

I’m watching the second of the FA Cup ties today..Shrewsbury v Liverpool. Since kick off..and it’s now half time... someone has been banging a drum, infact it sounds like two drums Since kick off. It must be really loud for those around ..mates or not. I can’t recall hearing a drum during Liverpool’s away Premier League games ( the club has banned them at Anfield) so it must be one/two of the Shrewsbury supporters. I expect those on here who watched the 2010 World Cup in S. Africa recall the moronic blast of the vuvulezas . It then started here but I think the FA swiftly banned them. They reappeared in the 2018 World Cup in Russia and used by the Iran supporters. Arsenal were the first club to ban them at the Emirates stadium followed by Liverpool and Spurs .

I’ve looked online re drums and many supporters do like them with some saying..as long as they’re in tune..in tune with what ? Any drummers on here who could explain that ?

Here’s a list of banned items. https://www.thesportster.com/soccer/things-restricted-in-soccer-stadiums/

I did think about picking the scratch card up and making him eat it. Either that or rolling it up and putting it somewhere that isn't a waste bin.

I recently saw a mum,dad and three kids walk along the footpath munching their way through a large box of something like Jaffa cakes ,obviously just bought at a local store. I watched them and soon enough dad threw the empty box onto the footpath. They were all oversized too. Should I have caught them up and given them the empty box ? Maybe but the parents looked unpleasant people so I put it in our cardboard recycle bag. Apart from the actual litter,not to mention the consumption of such food by a clearly overweight family, I thought what sort of example is that. Next time the kids are out on their own..well. The 10-12 year olds,the little one was about 5..they‘ll do the same with an empty box/packet.

This isn’t so much as WAMT as What is annoying me right now.

I’m watching the second of the FA Cup ties today..Shrewsbury v Liverpool. Since kick off..and it’s now half time... someone has been banging a drum, infact it sounds like two drums Since kick off. It must be really loud for those around ..mates or not. I can’t recall hearing a drum during Liverpool’s away Premier League games ( the club has banned them at Anfield) so it must be one/two of the Shrewsbury supporters. I expect those on here who watched the 2010 World Cup in S. Africa recall the moronic blast of the vuvulezas . It then started here but I think the FA swiftly banned them. They reappeared in the 2018 World Cup in Russia and used by the Iran supporters. Arsenal were the first club to ban them at the Emirates stadium followed by Liverpool and Spurs .

I’ve looked online re drums and many supporters do like them with some saying..as long as they’re in tune..in tune with what ? Any drummers on here who could explain that ?

Here’s a list of banned items. https://www.thesportster.com/soccer/things-restricted-in-soccer-stadiums/

Not a fan of the England band then?

@JohnC6 Reminds me of an old joke: An explorer is heading through the jungle with his team of bearers and hears drums beating loudly in the distance. Booom, bom, booom, booom; Booom, bom, booom, booom, etc. over and over again, without a break, but all in perfect time. After three nights and days of hearing the incessant rhythm of the drums he finally snaps and breaks down in tears, saying to his bearers, "In God's name, will those drums never cease?".

To which one of the bearers replies: "When drums stop, means bad news... Jack Bruce bass guitar solo next!".
:giggle:

Last edited:
WAMT....what annoyed me today!:

My computer!

Came home after spending a couple of hours in the village shooting large format to find that the desktop ( DELL) refused to come back to life from its sleep mode.
I usually switch it off completely but having spent a short time processing a file prior to going out, I had planned to continue with the work upon my return.

Several attempts at rebooting failed.
In the end had to reseat the memory cards.
Fortunatley it's reasonably easy with the DO3S though it does involve having to move the dvd. disc drive and Hard Drive out of the way to gain access.
It's back up and running now but atm I don't have the same yearn to continue with the planned work!

@JohnC6 Reminds me of an old joke: An explorer is heading through the jungle with his team of bearers and hears drums beating loudly in the distance. Booom, bom, booom, booom; Booom, bom, booom, booom, etc. over and over again, without a break, but all in perfect time. After three nights and days of hearing the incessant rhythm of the drums he finally snaps and breaks down in tears, saying to his bearers, "In God's name, will those drums never cease?".

To which one of the bearers replies: "When drums stop, means bad news... Jack Bruce bass guitar solo next!".
:giggle:

Lol..I've just Youtubed (is that a word ?..lol) Jack Bruce as I'm not aware of his 'music' .Having listened (first link) I use the term 'music' loosely..lol.. I take it all back..let the drums play :LOL:

I recall going to St Davids Hall, Cardiff many years ago with friends who assured me that I'd enjoy listening to the singer/bassist Dave King of Level 22.. He had small lights along the arm of his guitar as I recall. Can't say I enjoyed it. Many clearly did as he received a BASCA Gold Badge Award in 2015 for his contribution to music. They (Level22) played at St Davids Hall on October 20th..his birthday 2018 . Less of an assault on the ears than Jack Bruce..:)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRVmBBUAJhM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0x7y6lKzHc

Very disappointed with the jingoistic,flag-waving way Farage & Co conducted themselves today on their last day in the EU Parliament . It’s against the rules to flag-wave and he acknowledged that then started waving the Union flag...as did the other Brexit Party MEPs so Mairead McGuinnes...Vice President..closed down his mic. Couldn’t they just have ended their day in a respectful way. Shameful.

Lol..I've just Youtubed (is that a word ?..lol) Jack Bruce as I'm not aware of his 'music' .Having listened (first link) I use the term 'music' loosely..lol.. I take it all back..let the drums play :LOL:

I recall going to St Davids Hall, Cardiff many years ago with friends who assured me that I'd enjoy listening to the singer/bassist Dave King of Level 22.. He had small lights along the arm of his guitar as I recall. Can't say I enjoyed it. Many clearly did as he received a BASCA Gold Badge Award in 2015 for his contribution to music. They (Level22) played at St Davids Hall on October 20th..his birthday 2018 . Less of an assault on the ears than Jack Bruce..:)

Sorry if the joke went a bit overhead; it was a light-hearted reference to the 60s supergroup Cream (Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker), who were somewhat renowned for playing long jams and solos during live performances. Jack Bruce was one of the finest bass players this country has produced, and Mark King from Level 42 was a big fan of his.

To put things in context, here's one of Ginger Bakers famous drum solos (he's not exactly in his first flush of youth when he played this either, and it's still flipping awesome! Just listen to those rhythms mixing and changing, and remember, that's just him on stage playing the drums!). Then a clip of Jack with Rory Gallagher; great bass playing and singing from Jack.

It might not be your sort of music (?) but hopefully you'll appreciate just how good Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce were as musicians. Then see the 'joke' in it's full banter-style context. :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gze0PxDKgQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXk--eL5-kQ

Last edited:
Sorry if the joke went a bit overhead; it was a light-hearted reference to the 60s supergroup Cream (Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker), who were somewhat renowned for playing long jams and solos during live performances. Jack Bruce was one of the finest bass players this country has produced, and Mark King from Level 42 was a big fan of his.

To put things in context, here's one of Ginger Bakers famous drum solos (he's not exactly in his first flush of youth when he played this either, and it's still flipping awesome! Just listen to those rhythms mixing and changing, and remember, that's just him on stage playing the drums!). Then a clip of Jack with Rory Gallagher; great bass playing and singing from Jack.

It might not be your sort of music (?) but hopefully you'll appreciate just how good Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce were as musicians. Then see the 'joke' in it's full banter-style context. :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gze0PxDKgQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXk--eL5-kQ

Mr B...We seem to have got in a tangle here. If the football drummer played like that..first clip.Cream, I’d probably lose focus on the game and listen..lol. It’s great drumming. Not of the same genre,I appreciate but I love to hear the massed pipe/drum bands. Even went,twice, to the Edinburgh Int Tattoo to hear them.

I really liked the second clip too. I could listen to that all day. Exactly what I like. The Jack Bruce clip I posted was ,to my ears,jazz and whilst I like Traditional jazz I don’t like modern jazz because to me it doesn’t have any form. The musicians in a modern jazz band seem to play their own thing.

This is a great clip .Led Zeppelin.’.Moby Dick’ from their 1969 album Led Zepellin 11. Definitely another one I could listen to all day and probably all week. Drummer John Bonham,who,sadly died at the age of 32. Hope this clears up our misunderstanding. Happens all the time in forums. Maybe I better just stick with Birds, wildlife and transport..lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-42mu1D9Y

Trying to buy tickets for My Chemical Romance gigs in June, for the wife and myself.
This originally started last week when tickets went on sale for what was to be their one and only gig at Milton Keynes stadium and only on sale through Ticketmaster. As a Ticketmaster customer I was already logged in ready as the clock on their site ticked down. As soon as they went live, I selected cheapest tickets, 2 tickets is the default, so no need to alter that, then just hit the Get Tickets button, 18 minutes later after being in a queue, all tickets apart from £270 and £304 VIP tickets are sold out. I let my youngest son know, so he could let his mother know. He then sends me a message asking if I have tried for the following day, I reply telling him they are only playing the one date, I then recheck Ticketmasters site on my phone, which still has the blurb about the one off show. He then sends me a screen grab of Ticketmasters site showing a second date. I have no idea how long this has been on the site, but I go through the exact same process, but much shorter queueing time, before I am informed that date is now also sold out.
Then on Monday, it is announced a 3rd date has been added and tickets to go on sale at 9:30 this morning, so there I am waiting for 9:30, but requiring 4 tickets now as my eldest son and his girlfriend want to go to (youngest son not interested but sales are restricted to 4 tickets anyway). Anyway at 9:30 the page goes live but instead of the normal options of selecting cheapest, best seated, or standing tickets, I have to select which block I want tickets in, first two options are £270 VIP seats so I have to scroll down wasting valuable seconds, get to the first cheapest seats and increase the 2 tickets to 4, then hit search. After having to queue for almost 8 minutes, I am then informed my selected block is sold out, I quickly try selecting other blocks and price brackets and get instant replies that they are also sold out.
Why you can't find out ticket prices and make your selections before tickets go on sale is beyond me, but also odd, they have £45 and £94 tickets priced in the same upper tier blocks, yet in the lower tier blocks, some tickets are priced at £75. ????

Trying to buy tickets for My Chemical Romance gigs in June, for the wife and myself.
This originally started last week when tickets went on sale for what was to be their one and only gig at Milton Keynes stadium and only on sale through Ticketmaster. As a Ticketmaster customer I was already logged in ready as the clock on their site ticked down. As soon as they went live, I selected cheapest tickets, 2 tickets is the default, so no need to alter that, then just hit the Get Tickets button, 18 minutes later after being in a queue, all tickets apart from £270 and £304 VIP tickets are sold out. I let my youngest son know, so he could let his mother know. He then sends me a message asking if I have tried for the following day, I reply telling him they are only playing the one date, I then recheck Ticketmasters site on my phone, which still has the blurb about the one off show. He then sends me a screen grab of Ticketmasters site showing a second date. I have no idea how long this has been on the site, but I go through the exact same process, but much shorter queueing time, before I am informed that date is now also sold out.
Then on Monday, it is announced a 3rd date has been added and tickets to go on sale at 9:30 this morning, so there I am waiting for 9:30, but requiring 4 tickets now as my eldest son and his girlfriend want to go to (youngest son not interested but sales are restricted to 4 tickets anyway). Anyway at 9:30 the page goes live but instead of the normal options of selecting cheapest, best seated, or standing tickets, I have to select which block I want tickets in, first two options are £270 VIP seats so I have to scroll down wasting valuable seconds, get to the first cheapest seats and increase the 2 tickets to 4, then hit search. After having to queue for almost 8 minutes, I am then informed my selected block is sold out, I quickly try selecting other blocks and price brackets and get instant replies that they are also sold out.
Why you can't find out ticket prices and make your selections before tickets go on sale is beyond me, but also odd, they have £45 and £94 tickets priced in the same upper tier blocks, yet in the lower tier blocks, some tickets are priced at £75. ????

Blimey..that sounds exhaustive..certainly stressful. I’m aware that there’s been a lot of criticism of the way these concert tickets are sold.. this genre rather than for classical concerts at, for example the Royal Albert Hall..

I’m always interested in posts that flag up something I‘m not familiar with so I Googled MCR...see, I’ve got the lingo already..lol. Created by singer New Jersey resident Gerard Way..younger brother as bassist and it was Mike who came up with it. He worked in Barnes & Noble, an online book store and was struck by the title of a book by Irvine Walsh..’Ectasy..Three Tales of Chemical Romance‘ He heard a demo tape, left the company and joined the band. Maybe you already knew all that.:) Talking about New Jersey,that’s where Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons lived. We..my wife and I..went to see The Jersey Boys in London and we were very lucky..it was the last performance, March 2014 ..time flies..Ugh..of the superb and imo not to be bettered lead singer..ie Frankfurt Valli ..Ryan Malloy. Leaving the theatre we then saw a poster for Ben Elton’s .”We Will Rock You’ ..Queen..so we stayed in London and saw that in the evening..The Jersey Boys performance was a matinee . A great day...lol.

I looked for a YouTube Clip of MCR and the first one was a man in a hospital bed..’Welcome to the Black Parade’ . Superb. I wasn’t to impressed with the start to be honest ..a man in a hospital bed .Lol but I persevered. I tried another and the that one was about a funeral..Helena and I was really impressed with that too..another superb track. After listening to these tracks and taking into account the videos,maybe my judgement is misplaced but he’s not too dissimilar to Freddie Mercury and I’m a massive Queen fan.through and through. I many CDs and DVDs and their songs in my iTunes collection. I even play their more tuneful,stuff on our piano.The heavy Rock is great but too hard for a piano.

I’m really pleased you posted...(y) Today I bought a new CD Player A Marantz Cd6006 so I’ll definitely get a couple of MCR Cd’s. I can get their videos up on YouTube. Re additional dates for the MK concerts I see there’s an additional concert..on Thursday June 18th..originally just Sat/Sun June 20/21. .as you say...those two dates sold out.

Apologies for another WAMT post so soon. Someone on here said I need to chill out and Mr Badger commented re my rising BP re my original post on drum banging at football matches. Both fair comment. I get the same from my wife..lol..If I went out 7 days a week I’m sure I’d be posting 7 WAMT posts a week....:D.

My very old Arcam CD player has been playing up so I did some research on what to replace it with. By a long way it was a Marantz CD 60006. Best price online was at Currys. They’re much better on prices these days. So, I went to the local store today. It’s quite large so I asked a salesman where it would be. Turns out that like units were just a few aisles away . He took me to the top of the aisle and told me that it was mostly combination systems that were there and it was most likely I could only get it online. Bit of a pain, I thought. So.. as he was about to walk off I told him I’d check the shelves anyway. Ok,he said and he walked off. There was the said CD player about down the aisle.... 5 paces away. I got hold of another member of staff who checked the stock and I left the store with it. I looked for that other staff member to ‘put him right’ suggesting he puts a bit more effort into his service but he was nowhere to be seen. On my previous visit prior to Christmas I asked,who appeared to be a senior floor manager (his age) for some assistance having seen the item I wanted but the wrong colour and he told me they were short-staffed and someone would be free soon..followed by ..”Alright ? As a ‘floor-supervisor’ was it beneath him to actually assist a customer in the event all staff were busy ?

Re today‘s my wife said that some battles aren’t worth fighting..sensible advice but whether I take it is doubtful.

A few years ago I’d been into town and in Debenhams had spent £170 on items.The person who was on the till was very off_hand because I didn’t want a Debenhams credit card..I told her I was sorry if she was having a bad day or problems at home but not to impart her mood onto customers. I’d already had a poor shopping experience in another shop so as I’d finished my trip to town I thought I’d get a cream cake..comfort food..lol to have with a coffe at home so I went to a small baker/cake shop and paid 80p for a cake and was so taken aback‘ in the light of my experience within the previous hour, with the lovely,smiling, courteous young lady who served me and to this day I wished I’d got her a bunch of flowers as a thank you and tell her why.

Only ever solved one once. Purely by luck, must have been.

Looks like the 2018 World Record for solving one was 3.47 seconds. It could be less by now.

It is - by a robot/computer!

Problem is that they dent walls rather than breaking.

According to the intarwebz, there's production models up to 17x17x17 out there, prototypes up to 33x33x33, and computer simulated ones up to 1000x1000x1000, so if you're ever diagnosed with low blood pressure, there's a cure on ebay. :p

Back