WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I was just going to add a ‘like’ but re your ‘Shame on me’ comment I wanted to say..no..absolutely not .Reading your posts ..the last one too re Barrymore . I chose not to watch it ...a grubby,sordid affair ..I agree with every word . Re Schofield it’s exactly how I feel and it’s made me feel better because this evening I was getting very annoyed because as soon as I saw them on one channel ,I went to another to find them on that too ..so ITV-BBC1..BBC24 hour news..-..even Chn4 and my wife said, .’You’re so intolerant’. I then told her that it made me want to puke..sorry..lol..watching all these self-promoting self indulgent luvvies falling over themselves to get ‘in on it’. It was cringeworthy. What actually prompted her comment was a short while later I changed a channel only to see an other male who had ‘come out’ being interviewed about how he coped with it. He was married too So I made a few more choice comments. To make matters worse ..and I pointed this out to my wife..who then agreed..I’d watched Ch4 news in which they continued with their coverage of what are crimes being carried out by Russian bombers/drones and Assad’s forces In Idlib. The footage tonight was about how they targetted an ex Finance minister in Assad’s regime for accusing the regime of corruption. They bombed his homes ,wife and children who miraculously survived. Last night it showed the valiant,heroic ‘white helmets volunteers going into bombed buildings and rubble to get victims out and in the dark whilst bombers were still overhead. Also, featured was the Chinese doctor who first raised the alarm re this virus and has died as a result of contracting it. Then a doctor, Manish Shah who was handed down 3 life sentences for sexual assaults on women in his surgery including a 15 year old Girl. Then there was the case of Jony Bravery who pushed the 6 year old french boy off the Tate gallery roof and now ut transpired that he had told his care worker he wanted to do it. That conversation was recorded and management was informed given the tape . No action was taken but management deny any knowledge.

I could go on but you get the picture.

Here’s a prediction which I really hope does not come about. On Monday the 5-Live 9-10am Nicky Campbell phone -in will be about Schofield and the question(s) will be ... ‘have you come out ..? what made you decide to do that ?.... and how did your wife react abd if you have children how did they react... call 08085 909693..we want to hear from you.” I do listen to that phone-in when it’s interesting and I never cease to be amazed at the amount of personal information people address the nation with. 5 million listeners I think.

Stephen Nolan’s phone-in will be on now. I’ve just checked . Well, you can guess. It’s about Schofield and sexuality .You pose the question ..’did he know when he chatted up his wife?” I’d have thought so as it gene-based . That’s my understanding,anyway. This phone-in won’t stop the BBC having another on Monday morning. Some people will say it’s a good thing to get it out into the public arena to initiate debate. ..or more debate.
Yes that’s what I thought too and my wife thought I was being intolerant

Stephen Nolan’s phone-in will be on now. I’ve just checked . Well, you can guess. It’s about Schofield and sexuality
It wouldn't have been that many years ago when a celebrity came out would have produced a "shock horror" reaction across the nation.
But in these days of the "49 genders", Being gay is barely more than a celeb admitting they are heterosexual.

Here are 2 questions for Nolan to add to his interview ..
Was his popularity ratings slipping?
Will this this Buy more or less cars I wonder?

:D

Last edited:
He's on the front page today.

I can imagine and indeed understand many reasons why PS would want to hide his sexuality and perhaps when he met his wife he was confused or not certain but somewhere and at sometime along the line he's come to a realisation and an acceptance that he is gay and at that point IMO he had a duty to be honest not only with himself but with his wife. I don't know at what point he had this realisation and acceptance but I'd hazard a guess it wasn't this week and IMO every second that passes is a second of honesty lost and a second added to the length of time he deceived his wife.

I do hope and believe that in his place I'd have considered my wife more and been honest with her sooner. This whole look at me, see how I've suffered and see how brave I'm being now thing is IMO shallow, selfish, uncaring and completely self absorbed. But what else can we expect from the likes of PS? Maybe I'm being harsh.

Yes, his coming out could help others but IMO he could have helped others in a different way and taken a much more moral and caring and considerate of others path.

Coming out to his wife should IMO have been the first step, then family and friends and after that I suppose some public announcement would need to be made but personally I'd have refused any see my pain and feel for me interviews. I'd have said "I've spoken to my wife, my family and my friends and I've made my sexuality public knowledge and there'll be no more public statement as we all need to now move on."

Celebrities... Not all of them, but maybe a considerable percentage of them... Me. Me. Me...

I can imagine and indeed understand many reasons why PS would want to hide his sexuality and perhaps when he met his wife he was confused or not certain but somewhere and at sometime along the line he's come to a realisation and an acceptance that he is gay and at that point IMO he had a duty to be honest not only with himself but with his wife. I don't know at what point he had this realisation and acceptance but I'd hazard a guess it wasn't this week and IMO every second that passes is a second of honesty lost and a second added to the length of time he deceived his wife.

I do hope and believe that in his place I'd have considered my wife more and been honest with her sooner. This whole look at me, see how I've suffered and see how brave I'm being now thing is IMO shallow, selfish, uncaring and completely self absorbed. But what else can we expect from the likes of PS? Maybe I'm being harsh.

Yes, his coming out could help others but IMO he could have helped others in a different way and taken a much more moral and caring and considerate of others path.

Coming out to his wife should IMO have been the first step, then family and friends and after that I suppose some public announcement would need to be made but personally I'd have refused any see my pain and feel for me interviews. I'd have said "I've spoken to my wife, my family and my friends and I've made my sexuality public knowledge and there'll be no more public statement as we all need to now move on."

Celebrities... Not all of them, but maybe a considerable percentage of them... Me. Me. Me...
You don't have any idea when he told his wife, or how honest he's been/not been.
We get how you feel about it.
Now, as you've said yourself.......move on!
:)

Yes that’s what I thought too and my wife thought I was being intolerant

Must be a women thing..the gentler sex..lol. My wife has a very caring disposition, she'd have you believe that Hitler had a poor upbringing (he did ,actually..pretty bad) and not enough sugar on his cornflakes..:rolleyes: However, after I point out the alternative view..ie. reality , she usually says.."yes, I suppose so"

I read the other week that he had a big fall out with someone who knew he was gay, and they threatened to say.

Last edited:
Decided to walk down to my local farm shop this morning. about a mile away
Not even made it out of the town before I was nearly knocked over by a couple of older
kids, one on a bike, the other on a scooter, side by side flying along the pavement !!

One the way back a mum and 3 kids, kept stopping for no apparent reason, blocking the way
then telling her kids off for stopping, eventually crossed the road to get ahead of them
A bit further up and 2 woman chatting, again totally blocking the was the way and glared when
I tried to get past them, after politely saying "excuse me"
Bit further down another man and woman chatting, as I went to go past the bloke stepped back
and knocked me in to the road !!
I always thought car drivers were bad enough, seems walking is dangerous these days

Last edited:
Not even made it out of the town before I was nearly knocked over by a couple of older
kids, one on a bike, the other on a scooter, side by side flying along the pavement !!

One the way back a mum and 3 kids, kept stopping for no apparent reason, blocking the way
then telling her kids off for stopping, eventually crossed the road to get ahead of them
A bit further up and 2 woman chatting, again totally blocking the was the way and glared when
Bit further down another man and woman chatting, as I went to go past the bloke stepped back
I always thought car drivers were bad enough, seems walking is dangerous these days

Try doing it in a wheelchair! People don't tend to see below chest level, the number of them who almost end up in my lap is ridiculous!

Try doing it in a wheelchair! People don't tend to see below chest level, the number of them who almost end up in my lap is ridiculous!

One of those old fashioned car horns would be endlessly entertaining to use to wake them up!

I read the other week that he had a big fall out with someone who knew he was gay, and they threatened to say.

Hopefully another post from me on this'll will annoy Tsar Bob so Bob don't have a coronary and instead hit the ignore button....

Now...

Celeb followers tell me there's been rumours of some fall out around him for some time so maybe he's preempted something. I don't agree with outing people as that could cause a lot of pain and upset. Going public to out someone must surely only be justified in some exceptional circumstance I can't think of.

Hopefully another post from me on this'll will annoy Tsar Bob so Bob don't have a coronary and instead hit the ignore button....
I'd say you're the one more likely to have a coronary....:LOL:
I'm more mature than to hit the ignore button for something stupid like this.....
I'm certainly not going to fall out about it.
It's actually quite funny in a way....

Last edited:
Surely if someone threatened to out another person it could be considered as blackmail?

Doesn't blackmail have to involve some sort of personal (often financial) gain as a condition of silence? Blabbing 'cos you're mad at someone is just (malicious) gossip unless it's false, then you get into defamation.

In this day and age does it really matter, are people really that shallow or easily shocked ?
As long as his family are ok with it where is the problem ?
I have both gay and transgender friends, I really can't understand the problem, take people for who they are
not what they are

In this day and age does it really matter, are people really that shallow or easily shocked ?
As long as his family are ok with it where is the problem ?
I have both gay and transgender friends, I really can't understand the problem, take people for who they are
not what they are
I don't think anyone actually has a problem with him being gay...
It was more the way the interview was done, and the fact he'd possibly being lying to his wife for years.....and everyone saying they were so proud of him....
Personally, I was surprised but certainly not shocked or in the least bit bothered.
I did think about how his wife would cope with it all.

Last edited:

My pet hate is the people who decide to have a happy reunion in the middle of the local shopping centre malls or supermarket aisles, blocking access or impeding others who are trying to get past them.

Many many years ago I stopped a youth riding a bike through a pedestrian underpass past the sign which prohibited cycling, he almost ran my children over. I grabbed the back of his bike saddle as he went past, bringing the bike to an abrupt halt... unfortunately he continued and landed on the cross bar, which hurt more than his pride.

Annoyed with myself last night for not saying something when some woman was giving one of the bar staff abuse for not serving her when she already serving someone else
It was really bad the guy she was with should have stopped her but he was probably the same sort of person

Is it worth the risk of ending up in A&E if the guy decides to attack you for dissing his girl?

‘Exactly. If she is so unpleasant/nasty it’s likely he is too, as Pete acknowledges, and intervening could definitely end up badly. Society is a lot more aggressive these days. It’s almost become the norm,unfortunately ,with the added risk for youngsters of a knife being involved.

Society is a lot more aggressive these days.
I don't know that it is. If you look back to the 1950s, there was a great deal of violence in the cities like London and Glasgow. Go back further to the middle of the 19th century and things were even worse. Several modern historians seem to hold the view that during the 1920s, violent crime was greatly under reported in the UK.

I remember a guy hitting his partner in the street and a passer by stepped in to stop him.
Next thing both of them started hitting the passer by

I don't know that it is. If you look back to the 1950s, there was a great deal of violence in the cities like London and Glasgow. Go back further to the middle of the 19th century and things were even worse. Several modern historians seem to hold the view that during the 1920s, violent crime was greatly under reported in the UK.

That’s about violence, Andrew and as you‘ve pointed out the further back you go the more violence there was In cities. I used the word ‘aggressive‘ in terms of people not liking to intervene in because of the risk,as they say..of a mouthful of abuse. It was in the context of the women being very rude to the server and it was likely her partner would be of the same ilk. To put it bluntly you’re likely to get an F-off or “what the f has it got to do with you or even a threat of violence.

I did mention the knives problem but that appears to be confined to young people,generally black youth, involved in drugs or a member of one gang goes into the patch of another,they are,in general,known to each other, with the exceptions of some high profile cases. With hindsight it would have been better had I not introduced it and muddied the waters.

I remember a guy hitting his partner in the street and a passer by stepped in to stop him.
Next thing both of them started hitting the passer by

That’s par for the course. Misplaced loyalty,as strange as it seems , in those circumstances. You see it in the tv documentaries about policing,especially out on the streets as opposed to domestic violence where a wife/partner is glad to see the bloke taken away,especially if children are in the house. The police arrest a male for assaulting his girlfriend/partner and she launches an attack on them. Inevitably fuelled by alcohol.

Being accosted by an angry chap whilst taking pictures of a waterfall because he'd assumed I'd walked in past his house because "that's what most people do" (I hadn't, and there was ample evidence in the mud I'd trekked through to disprove his conjecture)

Love Scotland and the right to roam enshrined in law... hate self-entitled asshats that think they know everything and the SOAC doesn't apply to their land.

...and every day: statements of the "x is fantastic" or "y is sh*te" kind. By all means say you like or dislike something but hyperbole is so 1920s...

:tumbleweed:

Headlines in some of the newspapers "Storm of the Century". We are only 20 years into this century, so what makes them think that there won't be a worse storm in the next eighty years?

They're probably hoping there will be, so they can re-use that paper selling headline.

SWMBO tried to set the house on fire. :rolleyes:

She likes to burn incense every now and then. She normally leaves it to burn out and then the following day, she chucks it in the bin. Today, she thought it had burned out and, thinking it had cooled down, she chucked in the bathroom bin. Because of the lid, smoke wasn't apparent but the smell of something burning was. I looked around high and low. The smell was strongest in the bathroom but because the window was open, I thought it was from outside. I went to check and figured it might be from the roadworks nearby but I couldn't smell anything. I kept looking around the bathroom, spotted the bin and opened the lid. Holy smokes.

SWMBO has now had a lecture on fire safety.

Back