WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Just checking that you have tried rotating your phone?

Sometimes the orientation change gives access to "hidden" stuff.
I have tried that in the past with no joy.
As I was unable to find a link to the racing on their website, I could only find a link through facebook. When I tried the latter this later, this time I got the same Cookies message, but this time there was a tab at the top that allows the page to open through the internet. Clicked on that and no stupid cookies message and a tab to click on to watch the race, I had missed the race 1 stream but was able to watch race 2.
What I don't get is, if the race meeting had gone ahead, then there would have been 6-7hrs of racing shown on ITV4 today, so I don't see why they couldn't have shown the 3 races on there rather than stream them on the internet, it would have only been 3hrs without all the support races.
Most of the TV channels seem to be showing repeats anyway, some are repeating programs that were on yesterday.
We are on lockdown, no one is going out, I didn't watch Ant and Dec last night, I don't expect another opportunity to watch it this afternoon.

Snowing here, bonkers weather.
Had the tiny balls of snow rather than flakes for a few minutes this morning. A couple of hours later and 40 miles away my son had hailstones.

Still glorious sunshine down here. Chilly, mind you.

Suns been back out here for a few hours after rain, hopefully it rained hard enough to wash the layer of dust off the car.

View attachment 273415

I just don't get it your dog shi*s in the countryside where it would eventually rot away but instead you pick it up in a plastic bag then leave it where the dog left it first but now it won't rot away.:mad:

Agree. It is totally beyond my understanding, so much so that I sometimes think I must have missed something that makes such an action reasonable.

It seems the lazy bastards who used to bag their dog poo and hang it on a bush can't even be bothered to do that now.

They have already done what is potentially the worst bit, ie getting the poo into the bag, so what is the big problem with carrying it to the nearest bin, or back home?

Dave

View attachment 273415

I just don't get it your dog shi*s in the countryside where it would eventually rot away but instead you pick it up in a plastic bag then leave it where the dog left it first but now it won't rot away.:mad:
They my have left it there at the start of their walk intending to pick it up on the way back.

What annoyed me today people in Aldi ignoring the social distance rule
I was keeping the proper distance from a guy in the vegetable area waiting for him to finish getting his spuds etc and a woman just went between us and right up to the guy to get something wouldn’t wait a couple of minutes
Had one other person did something similar but do find most people do the right thing while out

Trying to contact by phone Sainsburys customer service about the lack of refund for an item returned during a home grocery delivery, which was supposed to take 5 working days & 7 days later it still hasn't turned up.

I waited several minutes listening to someone wittering on about their customer service etc etc and at the end of the prerecorded message I was told they were very busy, try calling later & then I was cut off :mad:

They don't list a customer service email address, just Telling bone, or use Faceache and Twatter( neither of which I use).........

Last edited:
They don't list a customer service email address, just Telling bone, or use Faceache and Twatter( neither of which I use).........
I don't mess about with the minions I go straight to the top with a complaints
Mike Coupe CEO ( until May this year so be quick ;) )

mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk

Petrol down to £1.07 a litre and can't go anywhere so won't be using much :banghead:

Petrol down to £1.07 a litre and can't go anywhere so won't be using much :banghead:
Time to stockpile gallons of the stuff :)
In all seriousness I bet some do.

Just last week on a car forum, I saw that Costco were charging about 90p/litre.

I don't have enough room in my fuel tank to put the minimum amount of fuel a garage will sell yet.

Time to stockpile gallons of the stuff :)
In all seriousness I bet some do.
Problem is with the restrictions on driving, if you aren't doing enough miles, it could take so long to use up the stored fuel, it goes off, it's calorific value starts to drop, you end up with reduced performance and increased consumption and effectively negates the lower price you'd paid.

Problem is with the restrictions on driving, if you aren't doing enough miles, it could take so long to use up the stored fuel, it goes off, it's calorific value starts to drop, you end up with reduced performance and increased consumption and effectively negates the lower price you'd paid.
Or it goes off BANG if you store enough!!

I paid £1:10.9p for diesel today ( well not me per se the firms AA fuel card did :D )

I'm doing my bit to alleviate that problem (y)

According to the Petrol Retailers Association, demand at the fuel pumps has dropped and Fuel stations are likely to close.

According to the Petrol Retailers Association, demand at the fuel pumps has dropped and Fuel stations are likely to close.
I've seen one large supermarket Fuel station that has been closed this week.
It was open last Friday, but shut this Monday when I wanted fuel.

Petrol 1.02/litre here today.

Normal unleaded £1.09 at Sainsbury's. Electric charge still free.

Shutting filling stations is going to hit rural folk hard. Key workers aren't going to be work for much longer if filling stations shut either.

Normal unleaded £1.09 at Sainsbury's.
Its cheaper than that in Norfolk, as above just under £1.11 for diesel it was around £1:04

I tend to fill up once a month or so and did so on the 2nd March - just before the prices went into free fall! Going to be a while before I need more too.

I tend to fill up once a month or so
I tend to fill up a min. of twice a week
I'm glad its on the company fuel card :D

I tend to fill up once a month or so and did so on the 2nd March - just before the prices went into free fall! Going to be a while before I need more too.
If it's any consolation there's a filling station near me where the price after the 15p per litre drop is 122.9 for unleaded / 130.9 for diesel (6 miles away it's 102.7/108.7)

We had a big spider in our dining room yesterday. I told him he was waaaay too early and should come back in September,

I don't know if I've seen one like it too often. It didn't have really long legs but seemed to have a big body. Maybe it was some sort of illegal immigrant spider that came in in the bananas or something.

We had a big spider in our dining room yesterday. I told him he was waaaay too early and should come back in September,

I don't know if I've seen one like it too often. It didn't have really long legs but seemed to have a big body. Maybe it was some sort of illegal immigrant spider that came in in the bananas or something.
A big body ready to lay thousands of eggs?

As all gyms had to close a fortnight ago, I ordered a couple of sets of exercise resistance bands from two sellers on ebay. One of the sellers messaged me to let me know they were out of stock of one of the bands in their set of five (bands are also sold individually) and asked which resistance rating I would like as a replacement. After a week, a smallish package has just arrived, thinking it is the other set of bands I had ordered. But no it is the one solitary band I had selected as a replacement and not the full set of bands they should have sent. What's the betting I have to wait another week at least for the rest, or even worse some of those bands will also be out of stock and would I like to select a replacement, at this rate, I could get one a week. :(

I don't think so. Is it even egg laying season? I dunno.
Eggs have already been laid, hatching about now, as the weather warms up .. (y)

Back