WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Don't Amazon have local collection points so you don't necessarily have to go to a post office?

That doesn't exist,
Oh no it doesn't
3 lanes are designated near side middle and off side.
Or as the police put it lane 1 lane 2 lane 3
2 lanes the same, lane 1 lane 2
or near side and off side.

You cannot claim a slow lane middle lane or fast lane.
The times I'm driving around the near side lane ( lane 1) is quite capable of travelling at 70 mph plus.
Later in the day its quite possible once the dick heads are about lane one ( dual) moves faster than lane 2
and lane 1 is moving faster than the middle lane ( of 3) because of the middle lane hoggers not even reaching the speed limit.
Of course by then the BMW's and Mercs are awake ( well up and driving anyway)
and lane 3 is in warp mode ..
Until a lorry pulls out of lane one without looking and forces others to enter lane 3.
Which of course many do without looking, causing a real tailback under heavy breaking in lane 3.
And is now the slowest moving lane ...

Some tit in an Amazon warehouse. Stuck a wrong barcode over the (presumably) correct one which means I got sent the wrong Item. Well under the £20 free delivery so will have to wait until I've built up a wish-list again. And I now have to go into town to return the wrong item. It's also fairly vehicle specific and I don't know anyone who could use it, otherwise I'd give it to them.

I’m surprised Amazon won’t put this right for you at no extra expense. What a pain.

We were watching a picture on Netflix and one character was using what was clearly a Canonet QL, we saw it clearly and could even see the writing on it. Anyway, at one point we see through the camera what we saw was a split prism from an old SLR or summot, not a QL RF anyway.

I don't know what annoyed me more, what we saw through the camera or that it annoyed me so much.

Don't Amazon have local collection points so you don't necessarily have to go to a post office?

Using this post as a base to hang replies to the others...

Yes, Next being the closest and most convenient least inconvenient. The city centre PO that would have been more convenient has been moved to WHSmith which is even more inconvenient than Next (which was painless and surprisingly efficient once I'd found a parking space etc..)

I was hoping for an offer of the correct item as a direct replacement but wasn't given that option.

Could have had the thing collected from home but would have to wait in all day until it was had I taken that option.

Oh no it doesn't

The times I'm driving around the near side lane ( lane 1) is quite capable of travelling at 70 mph plus.
Later in the day its quite possible once the dick heads are about lane one ( dual) moves faster than lane 2
and lane 1 is moving faster than the middle lane ( of 3) because of the middle lane hoggers not even reaching the speed limit.
Of course by then the BMW's and Mercs are awake ( well up and driving anyway)
and lane 3 is in warp mode ..
Until a lorry pulls out of lane one without looking and forces others to enter lane 3.
Which of course many do without looking, causing a real tailback under heavy breaking in lane 3.
And is now the slowest moving lane ...
You missed lane 4. ;)

What started out as WCMUT, I was fortunate enough to get a presale code to buy tickets for Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. I clicked on the link and selected 5 tickets for the O2, it then gave me 1.5 minutes to decide if I wanted the tickets, which weren't really ideal, so I clicked on the tab for a different selection. Somehow it not only gave me another selection, but unknown to me at the time and I am baffled as to how it did it, but the new tickets which were better, was in Motorpoint Arena Nottingham, which I didn't notice until after I had paid and got a confirmation.
I now have to wait and see if I can get a refund.
On the plus side, I did get tickets for the O2.

The

Let's all go and get a coffee together then stand in the kitchen holding said coffees and have an impromptu meeting

brigade! :rolleyes:

You missed lane 4. ;)

Not all motorways have 4 lanes and as you were talking dual carraigeway they are only 2
But regardless anything but the first or nearside lane is an overtaking lane and you should move back in
afterwards, pain though it can be, but otherwise it's called lane hogging

Took the car in for an MOT at 9 today, dealer rang early afternoon to say 'not ready yet', rang again at 4:45 to say it should be ready in 45/60 minutes but couldn't guarantee it, so there's no point in me leaving to pick it up until I know it's ok as it takes 30 minutes to get there on a good day and a wet Friday afternoon isn't going to be a good day and I can't get there before they close.
Will have to pick it up, assuming it's passed, don't know yet, tomorrow morning.
How can an MOT take so long, what was the point of me getting there at 9, clearly they didn't start until at least 4:30
Only took it there as it's still under warranty, so if there's anything wrong they can fix it foc, don't think I will be going back there again.

Booked our 2019 FIAT based motorhome in to the local Fiat 'Professional' dealership for a Safety recall (brake pipe). The evening before we were due to take the van in, I received a phone call from the dealer saying their 'systems' were down so they would have to cancel the appointment. They also said they would contact me to rearrange the appointment,,,,,, still waiting a week later.....

Not very professional in my opinion......

Main dealers aren't always the best at getting things done and keeping in communication.

But they do love new car owners waiting in the showroom while they "just finish the valet for you, Sir/Madam". Gives you a chance to see the new models, especially now your new car's 3 years old...

Which makes lane 1 the slow lane. If it wasn't it would be impossible to overtake.
;)

If I am doing 70 in your so called slow lane because the road in front is clear and you overtake, you are breaking the law,
and once you have gone passed you should still move back into lane 1
But I won't say anymore because I know you always think you are right, no point in flogging a dead horse

If I am doing 70 in your so called slow lane because the road in front is clear and you overtake, you are breaking the law,
and once you have gone passed you should still move back into lane 1
But I won't say anymore because I know you always think you are right, no point in flogging a dead horse
You appear to be getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.
If you are travelling at 70mph in lane 1, I would also be travelling at 70mph, so I wouldn't be overtaking or breaking the law, if however, were travelling at 60mph and I was travelling at 70mph I would move to the next lane to overtake and then move back in when the immediate traffic in front allows.
Because all the other lanes are for overtaking only, regardless of whether breaking the speed limit or not, those cars in those lanes would need to be travelling faster to overtake. That means that lane 1 will be slower, so by definition of having overtaking lanes, logic says lane 1 is the slow lane.

You appear to be getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.
If you are travelling at 70mph in lane 1, I would also be travelling at 70mph, so I wouldn't be overtaking or breaking the law, if however, were travelling at 60mph and I was travelling at 70mph I would move to the next lane to overtake and then move back in when the immediate traffic in front allows.
Because all the other lanes are for overtaking only, regardless of whether breaking the speed limit or not, those cars in those lanes would need to be travelling faster to overtake. That means that lane 1 will be slower, so by definition of having overtaking lanes, logic says lane 1 is the slow lane.
You know sometimes being right all the time isn't attractive?

Show me the logic that says I am wrong.
There is plenty of logic in here to say you are wrong you just won't accept it (y)
I'm surprised TBH someone that seems to like to think they take pride in their driving doesn't even know the basic terminology for lanes.

Reactions: Nod
There is plenty of logic in here to say you are wrong you just won't accept it (y)
I'm surprised TBH someone that seems to like to think they take pride in their driving doesn't even know the basic terminology for lanes.
I will explain it again, any number of lanes to the right of the left most lane are for overtaking only. Hence traffic in those lanes must be travelling FASTER, so if the traffic in the right hand lanes are travelling faster, the traffic in the left hand lane is obviously travelling SLOWER. There is no logic that can prove otherwise. There aren't really any official names for the lanes, you just need to observe the fact that right hand lanes are for overtaking only and drivers should return to the left hand lane as soon as it is practical and safe.
Go back to the example made earlier of travelling in the left hand lane at 70mph on a clear road, you are more likely to catch up with someone in that lane travelling slower than you are in any right hand lanes.

for the last time no lane is designated the slow lane.
Read the highway code as I'm done .....

the car just pulls out from a standstill into the slow lane,
That doesn't exist,
Oh no it doesn't

Last edited:
for the last time no lane is designated the slow lane.
Read the highway code as I'm done .....
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjACegQIDxAI&usg=AOvVaw1jVCSY0RfAIEXyolcDbusL

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjADegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2dmxEH-rquod2oCRzKh2qb
As I keep saying the lanes don't have official names. They are referred to being left, middle and right etc by the highway code purely so road users recognise which lane is being referred to, they are not called nearside, middle, offside, nor 1, 2 or 3 etc so as long as the lanes are used correctly, you, the police, the highway code, anyone, including me, can call them whatever we like.

At last you agree that the "slow lane" doesn't exist (y)
I refer you to the Highway Code
"Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking. "
So the slow lane does exist, it is just what people wish to call them.
I could have called the lane Sid if I wanted to.

Is it worth saying that you can't go slow in the most left hand lane as if you do and the police see you'll they're quite rightly take an interest as you'll be creating a hazard.

It's therefore not reeeeaaaally a sloooooow lane.

Is it worth saying that you can't go slow in the most left hand lane as if you do and the police see you'll they're quite rightly take an interest as you'll be creating a hazard.

It's therefore not reeeeaaaally a sloooooow lane.
See quote from highway code in post above.

Facts.

Other than my quote from The Highway Code, which backs up what I have been saying, no one has provided any facts, or logic for that matter.

Other than my quote from The Highway Code, which backs up what I have been saying, no one has provided any facts, or logic for that matter.
At the end of the day, everyone knew exactly what you meant, but you weren't technically correct in calling it the slow lane, and your links don't show that you were, but who cares?

Back