"Hermes has your parcel"

Oh no! :eek:

How would you like your package sir?

a) Smashed
b) Soaking wet
c) Some parts missing as the box split
d) Sent to the wrong address
e) Lost
Options B, D & E have been successfully carried out, so far.
I guess that leaves either A or C to continue to fill the list (y)

Reactions: Sky
How about losing it for a week and then delivering it?
The one they lost stayed lost for a lot longer than a week,
It turned up about a month later after I had the refund..
As I noted elsewhere, I caught the delivery driver and said return to sender, as I'd been refunded.
She went away, about a week later I found it back on my door step, It had been raining hard for about 4 days, and I'd not been out the front for about 3 days.
Yes it was soaked through, it was electronic kids toy ...

The one they lost stayed lost for a lot longer than a week,
It turned up about a month later after I had the refund..
As I noted elsewhere, I caught the delivery driver and said return to sender, as I'd been refunded.
She went away, about a week later I found it back on my door step, It had been raining hard for about 4 days, and I'd not been out the front for about 3 days.
Yes it was soaked through, it was electronic kids toy ...

I saw that! :rolleyes:

Was thinking more of delivering the dead plant though ... just to rub salt in the wound!

I saw that! :rolleyes:

Was thinking more of delivering the dead plant though ... just to rub salt in the wound!

Yesterday my doorbell rang, large parcel for my neighbour, "Live Plant" on the box
She's away for a few days so I text her to see if she wanted me to open and check if it needed water or anything.
I now have an aspidistra residing in my front room :rolleyes: Thought it best to leave the frnt of the box open so it gets some light

"Hermes has your parcel"
It seems they still have it, and are still processing it.
According to the seller, It should have been here Thurs.....

I managed to order an XBox Series X from Smyths Toys a couple of weeks ago. They are in really, really short supply and sell out within minutes so I rushed the order through to secure one. Looking at Smyths faqs after I got the order confirmation it mentioned I’d get delivery updates from their courier...... Hermes. :( A 450 quid gaming console being delivered, (or not), by them. :banghead:

I woke up about 0630 the next morning to a text message - ‘Your DPD parcel from Smyths Toys will be with you between 0710 and 0730 today.’ Relief is not the word. :D

I usually have a look who online suppliers use for delivery before deciding if I will order with them. I stick to suppliers who use DPD, Parcelforce or Royal Mail. Ain’t worth the stress..

I woke up about 0630 the next morning to a text message - ‘Your DPD parcel from Smyths Toys
I call that a right result (y)

The amount of duff stuff from evil bay.

I bought a Panasonic compact camera but when it arrived I found the some of the controls were iffy so it went back.
I bought a different Panasonic compact and when it arrived I tested it for sensor contamination and there were three blobs which unfortunately showed up on real world pictures so it went back.
I ordered a lens to body adapter and the box was right but the item inside wasn't.
And now... a lens has to go back too.

I'm hoping that's an end to the duff stuff.

It seems they still have it, and are still processing it.
According to the seller, It should have been here Thurs.....
Final update and you couldn't make it up.
I was upstairs earlier, the bell rang it takes less than 30 seconds to get to the front door..
When I opened the door the courier was wandering up and down next doors drive, its my unattached neighbour but our drives are side by side ..
I'd left a note on the door if no reply please leave in garage.
She couldn't find my garage, you know, the one that's attached to my house, and the one that the ( small) drive ends at.
So I pointed it out to her... Is it possible to miss it? obviously!

She then said, but how am I supposed to open it? ... with the handle dear Lisa the handle :D

Just to add I had request from trust pilot asking for a review on that delivery
I copied the above post, and sent that :D

Overnight rain and continuing drizzle made me cancel plans for a trundle on the bike this morning. Had it not been so dry recently, I'd have lobbed on the waterproofs but the road was greasy as a bus stop so discretion was definitely the better part of valour!

You know that drawer in the kitchen?
The one that everyone fills with stuff for no reason at all?

I decided to tidy mine up today/

What annoyed me today?
There was a lot of drawing pins hiding in there pointy end up.
And I discovered this fact the hard way ..
:(

You know that drawer in the kitchen?
The one that everyone fills with stuff for no reason at all?

I decided to tidy mine up today/

What annoyed me today?
There was a lot of drawing pins hiding in there pointy end up.
And I discovered this fact the hard way ..
:(

Why has this annoyed you? Free Acupuncture! :D

Why has this annoyed you? Free Acupuncture! :D
But I didn't think that I was supposed to bleed quite that much from acupuncture :D

Sorry for laughing, Chris but it reminded me of my stay in Derriford a few years back. The ear to ear cut across my skull was a minor itch compared to the several times a day pin-prick in the end of my fingers to check my blood sugar levels. So much so that I even used up one of my morphine-on-demand presses 1/2 hour before one of the pricks!

True! :p

I did the weekly shop at asda today. Last week I wanted some soap but they only had one box of the soap I wanted and it was sat in a puddle of sticky stuff that something had leaked all over the shelf and it was all over the box, so I didn't buy it. Today they had some more stock but they hadn't cleaned the shelf, just put the new stock on the gunky stain. As we need soap I cleaned a box as well as I could with a tissue and bought it. Gosh knows what's been spilt that is still sticky one week later but surely the staff have enough sense not to put new sock onto an obviously sticky stuff contaminated shelf? You'd hope so but apparently not.

From what I've heard, shelf stackers are too busy with their already-impossible-to-complete quotas to stop and go off looking for cleaning stuff.
If you report it to customer services, they should get one of the cleaning crew out to look at it.

From what I've heard, shelf stackers are too busy with their already-impossible-to-complete quotas to stop and go off looking for cleaning stuff.
If you report it to customer services, they should get one of the cleaning crew out to look at it.

If they don't have time to clean the mess I can't see that excusing placing new product in the sticky mess. Report it to the supervisor or cleaning crew, move the stock along the shelf, put it on the floor in front of the shelf, seen that often enough... anything but place new product onto a sticky mess. Even if the cleaning crew were told and they're the ones who didn't have time to clean it, placing new stuff in a sticky mess seem rather couldn't GAF.

We all are or have been busy and desperate for a job and money and we have all probably worked for bosses who shouldn't be bosses and suffered idiots and bullying. I get all that. What I have a problem understanding is putting new boxes on a stick mess. It's just all over the shelf. You can see it from the end of the isle.

Last edited:
Went on a walk this morning and came across this litter..fly-tipping. The mattress and whatever the other two items are were opposite in the brook. May not be the same culprit.

Unbelievably, the box had a local name and address on it. Delivered by Yeodel.So I returned with my camera and will forward the photos to the council who are pretty keen on this. Whilst doing this a member of the local litter cleaning group passed by and told me that the person had been prosecuted a while ago for doing the same thing. I once took a bin liner full of rubbish home from a local elevated viewpoint because there were identity details on paperwork that I could see inside the bag. I ended up giving a statement to the council who advised me to just let them know next time and they will collect it and it will avoid statements and possible court. I do admit I have a thing about litter. A neighbour..several doors up saw me picking up stuff thrown out of a car onto the verge recently and rang the doorbell and with a smile and 'presented me ' with a litter picker..lol. They're really good. :)

16 (16 of 1).jpg

17 (17 of 1).jpg

19 (19 of 1).jpg

25 (25 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
The council should fine the addressee? and then return the dumped material to the scum concerned with a bill for transport.

Went on a walk this morning and came across this litter..fly-tipping. The mattress and whatever the other two items are were opposite in the brook. May not be the same culprit.

Unbelievably, the box had a local name and address on it. Delivered by Yeodel.So I returned with my camera and will forward the photos to the council who are pretty keen on this. Whilst doing this a member of the local litter cleaning group passed by and told me that the person had been prosecuted a while ago for doing the same thing. I once took a bin liner full of rubbish home from a local elevated viewpoint because there were identity details on paperwork that I could see inside the bag. I ended up giving a statement to the council who advised me to just let them know next time and they will collect it and it will avoid statements and possible court. I do admit I have a thing about litter. A neighbour..several doors up saw me picking up stuff thrown out of a car onto the verge recently and rang the doorbell and with a smile and 'presented me ' with a litter picker..lol. They're really good. :)

View attachment 317447

View attachment 317448

View attachment 317452

View attachment 317453

Am in no way defending the idiots doing this, but this will continue to get worse the harder councils make it to dispose of rubbish.

Bloody traveller scum!

In town today and around 8 of them in Zara with only 1 wearing a mask. Shop staff dont do anything (when i pointed this out to the girl on the door she said she hadn't noticed!!!) - So I shouted something out as sadly people are just too scared to stand up to these people with no respect for the law.

The council should fine the addressee? and then return the dumped material to the scum concerned with a bill for transport.
Not difficult round my way, either make an appointment for the tip,or, call and arrange collection for a reasonable fee.

Back