WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Mum bought a zimmer frame for dad but he never used it. Mrs F posted it in local selling groups on Facebook as a freebie and it got rejected by Facebook because it breached commerce rules. If you search Facebook for zimmer frames there are loads for sale so WTF?

Mum bought a zimmer frame for dad but he never used it. Mrs F posted it in local selling groups on Facebook as a freebie and it got rejected by Facebook because it breached commerce rules. If you search Facebook for zimmer frames there are loads for sale so WTF?
Must be something in the wording?

Must be something in the wording?

"Zimmer frame, free to a good home. Collection from...", Can't see anything in that which would flag anything up.

This was the response I got when I appealed

Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 14.41.06.png

And this is in the rules

Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 14.41.37.png

But there are loads of frames for sale on FB, wheelchairs as well.

"Zimmer frame, free to a good home. Collection from...", Can't see anything in that which would flag anything up.

This was the response I got when I appealed

View attachment 318017

And this is in the rules

View attachment 318018

But there are loads of frames for sale on FB, wheelchairs as well.

Weird :(. Do you have a local Freecycle group or nextdoor.co.uk?

Trademark problem “Zimmer”, I see most are called “walking frames” on Amazon etc?

Last edited:
Mrs F is going to put it on Next Door, I've put it on Preloved.

Otherwise, we'll just contact a local charity.

A chap up the road from Mrs Nod's Mum has been in and out of hospital a few times and each time, he gets yet another Zimmer frame. They won't let him out without one and his wife doesn't drive so can't get one to the hospital. It's apparently cheaper to give new ones than to clean "old" ones so they "can't" be recycled to another patient.

A chap up the road from Mrs Nod's Mum has been in and out of hospital a few times and each time, he gets yet another Zimmer frame. They won't let him out without one and his wife doesn't drive so can't get one to the hospital. It's apparently cheaper to give new ones than to clean "old" ones so they "can't" be recycled to another patient.

This one was bought from Amazon

Is there any route to appeal FB's policy?

NHS Scotland gave my wife and I appointments for our first Covid shot at the same vaccination centre, and at the same time. That was 12 weeks ago, logical and all good.

We got follow up letters for our second shots last week. My appointment was for today, and my wife's for tomorrow morning. This was a bit of a nuisance. The centre is out near the airport and getting there involves either a taxi or a bus, tram or second bus and a 20 - 25 minute walk, and this meant two journeys. I phoned, explained why, and asked if if one of us could reschedule, to get appointments at the same time, and was told 'No, there are no other appointments available'. I also tried online with the same result.

So, I went for my shot today and mentioned this to the young woman at reception. She asked if my wife was with me, because they'd just give her the second shot at the same time and she wouldn't have to come back. Of course she wasn't with me, she had no reason to go there today ...

Last edited:
Oops! Missed that.

My wife and I got our first shot at the same time, cards came through for the second, unfortunately same place but 5 hours apart, I will just go with her and ask nicely if I can get mine done whilst I'm there, talking to friends it's a common problem easily overcome.

This morning I was driving along a single track road with passing places.

I saw a car coming the other way so pulled into a passing place. The other driver probably saw me but, due to a rise in the road, could not see me pull into the passing place.

However, when he came over the rise I was stationary in the passing place and as the road was straight he, I assume, must have seen me then. He came towards me but after about 100 yards he pulled into a passing place on his side of the road.

Why? I've already stopped, What is the point of him stopping when he could just drive on?

Perhaps he was just trying to be kind or perhaps not paying enough attention but there seem to be a few 'kind' or in attentive driver around.

Dave

His place might have been wider than yours. On the way to the g*lf club, there's a steep, narrow hill with a couple of wider places where tractors have eaten in to the banks. There's also a side road (residential) which allows a car to get completely out of the way. Handy when there's a caravanner without a clue coming down the hill...

WAMY was me. Got distracted while cooking and the timer went off while I was out of earshot (I'd had a shower and don't usually put my hearing aids back in after that). Result was a well caught risotto! Managed to scoop the unburned (and luckily untainted!) portion off but I had to have a cheese sarnie for tea (and finish Mrs Nod's generous portion of risotto!)

At 4.00am this morning we heard voices outside on the front. It was two teenagers wearing hoodies by the wheelie/recycle bins which were on the verge ready for the 7.00am emptying. We're trying to get the security light sensor not to pick up some people as they walk by but it does now and then..tall ones,oddly enough.These lads triggered it and they ran off at 100mph. After the bin men had been at 7.00am I went out early to do what I always have to do..move ours and the near neighbours' wheelie bins off the footpath and onto the verge. As I was doing this I looked down the road and saw a huge pile of paper and cardboard and a small brown food bin on the verge. Turns out they'd taken our next door neighbour's blue cardboard/paper sack and the food bin belonging to the neighbour on the other side and left the food bin there but emptied the full blue sack onto the grass and taken it with them. I wondered if the bin men would call the street cleaners to come and pick it all up. There was a breeze and the paper was being blown about so I got my blue sack which was now empty and filled it..Next door will get themselves a new sack tomorrow and we can exchange them or I'll have the new one. There were some choice comments and suggestions about what to do with such kids from people as they walked past me as I picked it up. I have to say that it does annoy me a bit that if I hadn't done that no-one else would.Infact the neighbour who had lost his paper/cardboard recycle sack came to me asking if I'd seen it. I pointed to the contents of it about 75m away. He tutted and went back into his house.:rolleyes:

They'll likely have been after unshredded bank statements/utility bills/other documents useful for fraud/identity theft.

They'll likely have been after unshredded bank statements/utility bills/other documents useful for fraud/identity theft.

I think the lads just wanted the recycle sack. All they had to do was to go to the council and ask for one. I did pick up personal paperwork and prescription boxes but none relating to finance. I don't put any paperwork relating to finance or anything with any personal details on it in the recycle sack. I tear it up and put it into the liner of the tall flip-lid waste bin..non-food,of course...which goes into the black wheelie bin.

Last edited:
You don'trecycle that stuff, but what about the neighbour who's sack was taken?
If financial/identity paperwork was the target, then you wouldn't have found any of that left to blow around.

Back in the Vietnam war, the Americans thought that shredding sensitive documents was enough security - after all, nobody would bother sticking the pieces back together, would they...

Went out to a local reserve yesterday, first time I've been out with the camera since a mishap a couple of weeks ago.
left me with an achy shoulder
Enjoying the sun and listening to the birds singing away.
Thought it was busier then usual until every person started asking me if I'd heard the nightingale, and spotting
the camera going into great details of where to see one if I was lucky !!! Well TBH you could hardly miss it, well them actually
and no I don't want a picture thank you
Why does everyone think you are there for the local popular bird.
We've had a few rarities turn up round here and as soon as it's spotted it's all over social media and the places get packed
out.
One group I belong to has now banned people posting locations on their page for this very reason

The person who decided that a blind corner on a fastish stretch of road was the ideal place to do a u-turn.

Not quite. It was persisting down so I wasn't going as fast as I sometimes do along that stretch of road, especially since the traffic was backed up (hence the u-turn, I guess). Didn't even trouble the ABS!

Back in the Vietnam war, the Americans thought that shredding sensitive documents was enough security - after all, nobody would bother sticking the pieces back together, would they...
Years ago a friend of mine got to see a less sensitive part of the FBI HQ . There was a team there reassembling shredded paperwork with sticky tape.

Years ago a friend of mine got to see a less sensitive part of the FBI HQ . There was a team there reassembling shredded paperwork with sticky tape.

I bet someone could design a machine to scan & reassemble now. I believe there are ‘cross-cut shredders’ that chop both ways nowadays.

Even cross cut shreddings can be reassembled with time and patience.

WAMT is a much reduced sense of taste due to covid. NOT from having contracted it but from the 2 gobfulls of super strength mouth wash that I had to use at the dentist! Gradually coming back but has taken a few olives and a cup of coffee to cut through the neat Dettol. :puke:

I did the weekly shop at asda today. Last week I wanted some soap but they only had one box of the soap I wanted and it was sat in a puddle of sticky stuff that something had leaked all over the shelf and it was all over the box, so I didn't buy it. Today they had some more stock but they hadn't cleaned the shelf, just put the new stock on the gunky stain. As we need soap I cleaned a box as well as I could with a tissue and bought it. Gosh knows what's been spilt that is still sticky one week later but surely the staff have enough sense not to put new sock onto an obviously sticky stuff contaminated shelf? You'd hope so but apparently not.
I was once in our local Kwiksave ( yeah, I'm going back a bit) and a young lad was filling the shelves. They had given him a Stanley knife to open the boxes with. He was filling the shelves with orange juice and while opening the outer box, had sliced through all the inner cartons. He still put them on the shelf, creating an orange sticky waterfall.

This is something that annoys me constantly.

Someone posted on Facebook regarding a museum. I looked up the Accessibility info on their website and saw this:

PARKING
There is limited waiting space immediately outside our visitor centre, at which people with accessibility needs may depart or enter vehicles. Vehicles must then be moved to the main car park where disabled parking is available.

I saw similar at aNational Trust site on the Isle of Wight a few years ago. Does it not occur to them that the person with accessibility needs might be the driver?

WAMT--- Having to hunt for the close the page X on a web page, sometimes top left or top right, above a picture or so greyed out you can hardly see it.

This is something that annoys me constantly.

Me too Marc, almost to the point of apoplexy on occasion. :mad:

I was once asked to just leave my wheelchair where it was and then go and park the car. :banghead:

I was once asked to just leave my wheelchair where it was and then go and park the car. :banghead:
FFS!
( and did you btw? :D )

Does it not occur to them that the person with accessibility needs might be the driver?
Obviously not :rolleyes:
I guess if you are classed as disabled, or what ever the correct term is these days, you will always have a "Carer" with you.
You are not allowed out on your own.
To be fair, I know a lot of able bodied people that should be at the top of that list...

Back