WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Admin #1

Edit My Images
No
Bleeding personal injury claim adverts, especially that whining cow on the Slater & Gordon advert.

If we are supposed to react to your comment with sympathy or other comment - then I agree with you. They have supposed to have cracked down on spurious car claims so maybe they 'have' to advertise.

If it is a general WAMT - Then TV licensing telling me "We're giving you 10 days to get correctly licensed" I am freaking correctly licensed I do not have one or need one as I do not watch or record programmes as they are being shown on TV - never heard of Slater and Gordon

it is a general WAMT thread, anyone can join in.

il tell you whats annoyed me bloody "on the beach" booked a quick holiday a couple of days ago, last minute just me and the missus for tuesday..4 star hotel in tenerrife, sorted bit of a relax before christmas,only £911... gets an email off them this afternoon telling me they are draining the pool during the week we are there...whats the bloody use of a hotel without a pool, rang their customer services (joke), they tried to tell me they only found out yesterday and to put up with it or move, similiar hotel with decent reviews...and extra £350...that we have to pay, if they think i believe that a majort hotel plans to drain their pool with only 3 days notice they are insulting my inteligence, il be going round to the hotel to speak to the management to ask them when they informed people and there will be hell to pay

LBC radio is polluted with PPI scam compensation ads. Almost all LBC ads are delivered by Sean Bean or someone with the same accent - bloody torture.

Not being able to go through my Facebook wall without seeing the word "Christmas" being mentioned in every other paragraph.

And it's going to be like this for the best part of a month.

Last edited:
Traffic.

Random bloke on a train, continuous, coughing, scratching and farting and now just spilt his coffee everywhere. FFS there is only so much you can take first thing on a Monday morning.

Nothing yet.

Saw a massive spoiler for tonights episode of The Walking Dead...damn it!!

[OT] We went out for a meal with some of the ladies from Mrs Nod's teacher training course and their OHs on Saturday and one of the husbands told a tale of a retreat he went on (he's a yogi as well as his wife) where the retreatees were sent out to do walking meditation. He found himself 1/2 way up a hill, looking down on the grounds of the establishment and saw what would look to us normal people like a scene from the walking dead - loads of people wandering round slowly and aimlessly looking at the ground, all that was missing was the gore! [/OT]

WAMT - it is WAM every day.

Parents who appear to think everyone else in the pub garden enjoys having a pint in a childrens race track.

TV companies that, (a) at the end one programme, give you a taster of what will be on next week's edition - if the programme is good enough I'll watch it anyway and I can wait, and (b) put a banner on the bottom of the screen near the end of one programme to tell you what is coming on next - I have a guide on my TV, I can have a look.

Dave

Spending 70+ quid last night to buy some toys for my nephew for Christmas and the reality that what I've purchased probably cost about 10p to be made in china and will likely be of interest for him for all of 5 minutes till the next fad comes along, now as youngish single chap with no sproglets I know I'm not going to be exactly in the loop for kiddies toys but seriously what the hell is "Skylanders Trap Team" other than a colossal waste of money...thank fully my other nephew wanted a fishing reel so I brought him that while they were visiting last month and let him have it early so he could make use of it....made his dad jealous as it's better that his reel :LOL:

Eon. Second glorious week of annoyance. Switching to them to an online account. They ask for initial meter readings but WON'T ACCEPT THEM ONLINE. It's an online account, they're clearly imbeciles. Rang up to discover this. Submitted meter readings. They've only logged the gas reading (with the wrong date) not the electricity one. Submitted electricity readings online with daily readings for about a week now. If they weren't so cheap I'd cancel the switch. Co-op are useless and continually lose meter readings if they aren't in line with their averages. Over charged me about £100 one quarter as they conveniently lost the lower reading I had given compared to their estimate and they wouldn't recalculate that bill. The meter readers also seem to submit readings but they never appear either.

WAMT - new network set up at work , 24 hours later no network connection... service desk say they 'may' resolve this within 8 hours (but tbh probably won't if track record is anything to go by)

Fortunately we still have the old vpn service on the other line so we've set that back up so at least we can access email even if we can't print or access networked files.

This annoyed me yesterday (and every other day I've heard it). I genuinely have to mute the TV when I hear it or change channel.

It makes my ears bleed. Awful.

This annoyed me yesterday (and every other day I've heard it). I genuinely have to mute the TV when I hear it or change channel.

Likewise,bloody awful ad.

Todays annoyance is that the space key on my new keyboard requires the force of alump hammer for it too work properly.

:LOL: You as well Matt?

I've been introduced to the wonderful world of Skylanders through my nephew's Christmas pressies.

Yep Sarah, I genuinely have no clue why they need the stupid little plastic characters and key things to use a video game :( seems a massive waste of money to me....alas amazon got an order last night to ship 8 packs of various plastic tat over to my nephew in Ireland....I really do love amazon it makes sending presents to my family in Ireland so much easier than it used to be :D

I think the one at 0:22 is the worse one there :banghead:

Oh and another thing. Broke my Galaxy S5 today and even though I'm paying £5 per month for insurance they still want me to pay £150 excess (through Virgin Media)

old people ... in particularly the old people in sidmouth waitrose , doddering arround i can just about cope with.. its not their fault they're old... however standing in big groups blocking the ailses while gossipning .... arrgg just f*****g stop it , if you want to gossip go to the damn coffee shop and do it

Oh and another thing. Broke my Galaxy S5 today and even though I'm paying £5 per month for insurance they still want me to pay £150 excess (through Virgin Media)

Bet ya didn't read the Ts & Cs ;)

The usual, front fog lights....

Though it is not just the elderly who block aisles. I've seen plenty of, usually women with young kids, who meet in an aisle, park their trollies next to each other and, oblivious of anyone else, catch up on the gossip - - this is what Facebook is for.

Another one is the person who gets to the till in a shop but appears unaware that they will be required to pay. Their money is somewhere in the bottom of a bag or in the inside pocket of a jacket underneath another coat.

Dave

Though it is not just the elderly who block aisles. I've seen plenty of, usually women with young kids, who meet in an aisle, park their trollies next to each other and, oblivious of anyone else, catch up on the gossip - - this is what Facebook is for.

Another one is the person who gets to the till in a shop but appears unaware that they will be required to pay. Their money is somewhere in the bottom of a bag or in the inside pocket of a jacket underneath another coat.

Dave

this is true - but in sidmouth the average age appears to be about 85 so there arent that many mums with trollies etc - its all coffin dodgers

WRFAMT - planning application , the planning application requires an arb report, the arb report requires new maps, new maps require altering the design and access statement, altering the design and access statement requires withdrawiing the planning application and resubmitting

WRFAMT - planning application , the planning application requires an arb report, the arb report requires new maps, new maps require altering the design and access statement, altering the design and access statement requires withdrawiing the planning application and resubmitting

Think you got the wrong thread,but did enjoy it (y)

Back