WAMT....what annoyed me today!

You beat me to editing to add that of course may be the case, (hence my questioning no?), then again if a relative moves to back of beyond s***e place they relinquish all guilt associated travel expectations imho.

I agree re the travel, unfortunately my wife doesn't. Still it was the first time I've gone in 9 years so I've done ok there. She comes to me far to often though

Trying to book a b&b for a Saturday night in mid March (Sheringham) and nearly every one I looked at has a minimum two night booking or they want a supplement for just one night.

Would think they were happy to get anything in off peak times, never come across this in the past, seems like a way to get a bit extra for one night

Only wanted a night away somewhere for a change, will just look elsewhere now, strange way to run a business.

Last edited:
They have to clean the room and wash all the sheets if it's just for one, the same as it is for two nights. So that affects their calculation. The only extra cost for them is the second breakfast.

Last edited:
A lot of places will have external cleaners and management agents who will charge a fixed fee for each check in/out.
Single night occupancy is a worst case scenario so charging an extra fee to cover these fixed costs seems sound business logic - it's like a single occupancy charge for a hotel room.

Edit - I see you said b&b and for some reason I read it as airbnb. But the point remains - there are fixed costs (both cash and effort) for each stay.

Last edited:
So in my case they got 100% of bugger all, don't suppose they are exactly banged out at this time of year.

Family run b&b don't have external staff, just bloody greedy and surely eighty or ninety quid must be worth having or there again perhaps not

Post office clerk once again - "whats in the large letter [shaped like a very small booklet because it was] " - why ?? !! aagghh :(

Trying to book a b&b for a Saturday night in mid March (Sheringham) and nearly every one I looked at has a minimum two night booking or they want a supplement for just one night.

Would think they were happy to get anything in off peak times, never come across this in the past, seems like a way to get a bit extra for one night

Only wanted a night away somewhere for a change, will just look elsewhere now, strange way to run a business.

So in my case they got 100% of bugger all, don't suppose they are exactly banged out at this time of year.

Family run b&b don't have external staff, just bloody greedy and surely eighty or ninety quid must be worth having or there again perhaps not

You could look at as a discount for two nights rather than a suppliment for one. Bugger all difference I know but it may make you feel better.

WAMT - this blame culture we are part of... relatives to sue TUI over Tunisian shooting? How on earth could they be to blame, I could get on a train to London tomorrow and be attacked by a terrorist, can my family then sue Thameslink??? Even then, somewhere like Nth Africa is less safe than say Spain, so they should have known it was riskier. But then there have been attacks in Brussels and Paris so nowhere is safe.

You could look at as a discount for two nights rather than a suppliment for one. Bugger all difference I know but it may make you feel better.

That's how Mum used to put it back when she did B&B some years back.

WAMT - this blame culture we are part of... relatives to sue TUI over Tunisian shooting? How on earth could they be to blame, I could get on a train to London tomorrow and be attacked by a terrorist, can my family then sue Thameslink??? Even then, somewhere like Nth Africa is less safe than say Spain, so they should have known it was riskier. But then there have been attacks in Brussels and Paris so nowhere is safe.
Yep...blame and claim.
Bit sad when that's ultimately what someone's life means to others.

Puncture on the van I am having to use atm and no spare :banghead:
Why don't people keep their vehicles up to date, already had to put a new brake light in and fill an
empty washer bottle when I first got it, that and a self shutting door and window not winding down very far is really annoying !!!
Used my van on afternoon collections last week and no water in the washer, today they guy that is using it was moaning about the same thing,
4 days after I used it, doesn't he know how to fill it, I did mention it to the normal driver .last week, who said she knew, hadn't got round to it :banghead:

Oh yeah! WAMT was writing the whole day off for an eye check (ocular hypertension). Pupil dilator meant that I wasn't allowed to drive for a while and the extra sensitivity that f/0.25 pupils gave me made the world a bit bright, even through extra dark shades! Never mind, at least the eye drops are doing their stuff and controlling the condition. Did mean I couldn't get out onto a cold, wet course though so not all bad!!!

The twatt that entered the duel carriageway ( he was turning right, from a side turnining into in) in the right hand lane where the traffic was doing 70,
and he 20/30 max.
Horns and lights from other road users were met with the usual middle finger "Thank you"

What mildly irritated me today was an advert on facebook. "Obviously, life insurance is a must" it said. It was (unsurprisingly) selling life insurance, or a comparison service for it.

It isn't obvious and it isn't a must.

There are two old biddies in the gym that always seem to be there just on Friday mornings. The two of them tend to cheese me off as they always seem to get in everyone else's way, put very little effort into whatever they are doing, to the point it isn't really worth doing. Much like their cars, both drive V8's, less than a year old, yet don't take above 30mph. Anyway, this morning I'm in the gym on the Smith machine doing shoulder press, when the pair of them walk down to the weights section from the cardio machines where the pair of them had been. One picks up one of the 5kg plates from the rack on the side of the squat rack, the other one walks up and takes a 5kg plate off the bar on the smith machine I'm using. Even before she'd removed it from the bar, I said "Excuse me, I'm using that", she totally blanked me and removed it as she started to walk away, I repeated it again, she still totally blanked me, I said "ok, I'll get another then shall I"? She still carried on totally oblivious to me or what she had just done.
I know she's a woman and old, but boy does she need a bloody good slap, or a shake at the very least.

Finally getting round to going from talktalk adsl broadband to plusnet fibre and the download speed going from 12Mbp down to 8Mbps on the fibre. o_O:banghead::banghead:

Finally getting round to going from talktalk adsl broadband to plusnet fibre and the download speed going from 12Mbp down to 8Mbps on the fibre. o_O:banghead::banghead:

They did you (up) proud.

But do you really think it's coming from the familes? Or from the dirty, bottom feeding, pigs of solicitors? I think I know where it's coming from.......!

Travellers managed to tip 600 tons of hardcore and begin development on a 5 acre site in contravention of a stop notice and injunction etc, apparently the council cannot stop them, the police cannot stop them. Local councillor says"they are playing with fire". I bet they are really scared (not). Not one of them will be successfully prosecuted and punished.:mad:

Instead of a battery, I found a battery shaped space in the boot. Had to rent a push trolley - fair wore me out so I couldn't do a 2nd round!!! (/1st world problems!)

Travellers managed to tip 600 tons of hardcore and begin development on a 5 acre site in contravention of a stop notice and injunction etc, apparently the council cannot stop them, the police cannot stop them. Local councillor says"they are playing with fire". I bet they are really scared (not). Not one of them will be successfully prosecuted and punished.:mad:

Put an extension up that's too big and the Council will suddenly find it's balls.

2 days in a row....f*****g van across my drive.
You seem to have managed to box the van in quite successfully in the 2nd image
(and that would have been my move too) (y)

apparently the council cannot stop them, the police cannot stop them.
I bet they are really scared
Quoted for truth!
That's exactly how / why it happened around these parts a few years back. :(

Put an extension up that's too big and the Council will suddenly find it's balls.
Tell me about it! We have just finished building a house for us to move into. Not being a traveller I employed an architect, at great expense, got planning permission after 18 months and even more expense, and the hoops we had to jump through to ensure the 'environmental quality' was just ridiculous. And of course we paid for it with money that had been taxed. We were refused initially because the roof line was too high, even though its a bungalow and was lower than next door's garage!

I wonder, who's the mug?

I just smiled and moved my car, I hate parking on the street. Let's see if they are back tomorrow, they are working next door.

Tinsel, still finding it, weeks later.:mad: Gold yesterday red today, think we must have a Tinsel fairy dropping it.

Cruising channels and realising that Lethal Weapon is 30 years old!

What a bell-end Rory McIlroy is - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39286496

So I am assuming he feels the same about women only golf clubs??

The joke of the Muirfield decision is that the vote has merely opened the membership waiting list to women who want to join and as it first come first served........ It will be something like a minimum of 3 years before they have their initial woman member!

Do all clubs have a common list?

Last edited:
Competition judge tonight - " I really like this image, well done, great composition, I'll give it 14 (out of 20) " and then
on every friggin' image, ". . .yes, that's a nice image but the highlights have blown out. . " or variations on the highlights theme, eg on a race-bike pic " good exposure and panning shame there has to be a white line alongside the track, the highlights are over the top there . . . " - FFS !!

Last edited:
This wound me up!

A coroner ruled his death was accidental and plans to send a report to Apple about taking action to prevent future deaths.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39307418

WTF has Apple to do with this? How can they legislate for stupid people?

A personal tragedy but you do have to wonder about the 'old Darwin test' when it comes to "common sense" with such matters as connected devices and water.

No amount of legislation or warnings on the devices will ever account for 'personal responsibility' . wasn't there instructions for an iron telling users not to iron clothes while wearing them!!!!

WTF has Apple to do with this? How can they legislate for stupid people?

My thought too; we could end up with a warning on hammers that says, "This item should not be used to hit yourself on the head."

Dave

Back