WAMT....what annoyed me today!

UPS.

I’ve ordered a new smartphone. That will arrive tomorrow. I decided to order a case to protect it and paid extra for express delivery. It was supposed to arrive today. Now UPS can’t deliver it until Monday. Which is a pain since I wanted to protect the phone from day 1.

I really hate UPS

Well most delivery companies have their UPS and DOWNS I guess..
:rolleyes:
Well I complained to the original company and they state they are allowed an extra day for express delivery. What annoys me even more is that express delivery requires a signature whereas a routine delivery would have left the parcel in the porch and I would have received it in the same time frame.

We, the good lady wife and I, went into Salisbury as she needed a few items of make-up. Six hours later we return home with a new coat, a pair of boots, a woollen hat and gloves and a handbag.

We have to go back next weekend to get the make-up!

We, the good lady wife and I, went into Salisbury as she needed a few items of make-up. Six hours later we return home with a new coat, a pair of boots, a woollen hat and gloves and a handbag.

:LOL:
Ah! retail therapy for the ones we love but then 'stress' therapy needed for.......

Now the Westminster idiot club is talking about free parking for electric cars and letting them use bus lanes. Of course those who can't afford electric cars will continue to pay higher VED, much higher VAT and fuel duty and now more for parking (if they can get to the car park after being stuck in traffic while the electric cars wizz by in the bus lane). But as the Greta Thunberg fan club will tell you: it's all for the best...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39tXfUm80Bc

Not unreasonable. I remember going out to buy ink jet cartridges on a Saturday morning some years ago. Pretty sure I came home a couple of hours later with a laser printer, whisky, biltong, some books and a couple of boxes of 9mm ammunition (this was in another country). Wife didn't seem too miffed about it, and we went out for lunch. :)

I just found out that the best café in the world has closed.

John Lewis.

MiL wanted a hand blender (HOPEFULLY not to blend her hands...) and had a £25 JL card - great! Three options at that sort of price point, several at significantly above. Guess which they have in stock - yup, not a single one of the cheaper ones "but we can order one in for you for collection in-store for £2.95 or to your home for £5.95." How about you get some in stock so we can just buy one from you rather than a special order? (Oh, and train your staff to give the correct delivery costs - or at least agree with the prices on the web-site!)

Sainsbury's had exactly what she wanted on the shelf for £20 - even better, their bar-code reader only charged her £10 for it!

John Lewis.

MiL wanted a hand blender (HOPEFULLY not to blend her hands...) and had a £25 JL card - great! Three options at that sort of price point, several at significantly above. Guess which they have in stock - yup, not a single one of the cheaper ones "but we can order one in for you for collection in-store for £2.95 or to your home for £5.95." How about you get some in stock so we can just buy one from you rather than a special order? (Oh, and train your staff to give the correct delivery costs - or at least agree with the prices on the web-site!)

Sainsbury's had exactly what she wanted on the shelf for £20 - even better, their bar-code reader only charged her £10 for it!
Cheap ones tend to burn out pretty quickly, in my experience.
Spent more on the current one, a Braun stainless steel one. Hugely impressed.

I think the lack of stock will be the death-knell for many high street stores, our local Argos moved into Sainsburys & I suspect they have a lot less space as items are now much more likely to be out of stock. Even the local retail parks are a shadow of their former self. Once upon a time there were half a dozen or more places where you could go to look at 'white goods', now we only have Currys & they carry a limited range on display and even less in stock in store.

Most of my shopping is done online these days, I rarely go 'shopping' anymore apart from the weekly supermarket food run.

My 2c - if I'm going into a shop to buy something, I'm mentally signed up that it's highly likely to be more expensive. That's ok, I recognise that the store and its staff don't come for free, I'm on board that there is a convenience premium, provided that it is not egregious, I'll pay it to have whatever it is now.

To see the item interested in on the shelf, as a demo unit but then to have no stock is unforgivable. "I can order it in for you" it's not 1978, I can order it in myself and not have the chew on of schlepping back to the shop to pick it up and I am certainly not paying the convenience premium of rocking up to a shop to get it there and then to get it in 2-3 days, I shall do what I probably knew I should at the kick off and order it online.

Couple that experience with narrowly limited choice that they carry and they seem to be actively driving customers away.

Popping into a charity shop to get something and asking why the price was £1.99 not just £2
Seems it means they have to open the till to get the change and some volunteers just pocket the money without ringing it up if no change is required

Last edited:
Popping into a charity shop to get something that and asking why the price was £1.99 not just £2
Seems it means they have to ope the till to get the change and some volunteers just pocket the money without ringing it up if no change is required

Oh dear oh dear :(

The rectum who kept blowing his fag smoke away from his daughters towards me. Blow it at your own brats if it's not offensive!

The fireworks that started about an hour ago. Anyone close must be stone deaf by now as they are loud here and I can't see any visual sign of them at all.

I'm not bothered by them but the dog, even with Nutracalm, is not happy at all.

Got Halloween to look forward to and then Guy Fawkes night, then Christmas and New Year (with a sprinkling any weekend up til then).

Dave

Anyone close must be stone deaf by now as they are loud here and I can't see any visual sign of them at all.
We've got them here too! I like fireworks but can do without the loud noise. A special effects guy told me years ago that the noise is entirely optional.

We have them here to. Can't for the life of me figure out why they are setting them off tonight. Our cat is doing what she always does, getting plenty of zzzzzz's. She doesn't bat an eye lid. If she is awake, sometimes she will sit at the window to watch.

Can't for the life of me figure out why they are setting them off tonight.
Its Diwali the five-day festival of lights.

We've got them here too! I like fireworks but can do without the loud noise. A special effects guy told me years ago that the noise is entirely optional.

Agree. and yes fireworks do not need to be noisy, or at least anywhere as noisy as some are now. I've heard Sainsbury has stopped selling fireworks, and ASDA and Morrisons are stocking low noise ones.

Dave

Germany only allow domestic fireworks on NYE, one hell of a racket when they do let them off though.
Smoke can be seen from the ISS I believe

They must be bloody loud fireworks then.
And of course they echo, in built up area's!
I use industrial strength pyro's on the odd occasion I stand in for a bird controller.
You'd be amazed the noise they make in an open field ;)

Whilst visiting my local supermarket I was disgusted to find the best parking spaces nearest the door are now reserved for so-called parent and child parking. If you are fit enough to produce offspring you should jolly well be able to walk across a car park into the supermarket. The best spaces should be reserved for people with the most expensive cars. It is us who are likely to spend the most money in the supermarket and have the most shopping to carry to our vehicles.

The best spaces should be reserved for people with the most expensive cars. It is us who are likely to spend the most money in the supermarket and have the most shopping to carry to our vehicles.
I really don't worry about that. That's my butlers problem (y)

Whilst visiting my local supermarket I was disgusted to find the best parking spaces nearest the door are now reserved for so-called parent and child parking. If you are fit enough to produce offspring you should jolly well be able to walk across a car park into the supermarket. The best spaces should be reserved for people with the most expensive cars. It is us who are likely to spend the most money in the supermarket and have the most shopping to carry to our vehicles.

You are Diana Davenport and I claim my £50...

I bet what really annoys you today NOW is smart arse moderators, isn't it...

Interesting first post BTW ;)

Attachments

• 0_THP_CHP_161019Slug_10950JPG.jpg
    0_THP_CHP_161019Slug_10950JPG.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 37
I was using child spaces which were nearest the door, 28yrs ago when my eldest was a baby, certainly not anything new at any supermarket I have visited.
The best spaces are as far from the door as possible. No one wants to walk that far, so no one will park near you and less chance of your car getting damaged.
If you have a large amount of shopping it will be in a trolley anyway, so distance from the shop door doesn't matter.

No one wants to walk that far, so no one will park near you and less chance of your car getting damaged.
I quite often park well away with several empty spaces around me, only to come back to find some twatt has parked next to me. With still loads of empty spaces.
FFS do they think their car is going to get lonely if its left for an hour?

Not sure why but the EV charging spaces are very close to the exit of our local Sainsbury's - very handy when we go shopping, especially since the charge is free at the moment. Tempted in summer to park and charge for the 3 hours permitted and to sod off on the bike for lunch!

Not today but yesterday. This happen to our dog when he was attacked on the morning walk. Dino, our dog, was on an extender lead, the other dog(German Shepherd) also had a lead but was walking free.

Dino is never off the extender lead(he has a strong prey drive and runs when startled by sudden sound) and is not happy with other dogs so I keep a good distance from any I see. Unfortunately the other dog appears out of the blue about 15 feet away and the attack happened within seconds.

The only good thing (if that is a word that can be used here) about this was that the dog owner was on the scene very quickly, was very apolgectic about what happened, gave me her details and paid the vet's bill.

However, Dino is a sorry soul at the moment - hardly able to get about on his own. He was getting increasing agitated at the vets so the vet suggested we give the two wounds a chance to heal without stitches. We hope they do so we don't have to take him back.

D1.jpg

Dave

Today and everyday since putting the offer in on the house...
WHYS IT TAKING SO LONG???? JUST TELL ME WHEN I CAN MOVE OUT THIS s***E RENTED PROPERTY ON THIS s***E ESTATE AND MOVE INTO MY HOUSE WITH ACTUAL BATHROOM AND NOT A s***E WETROOM!

Man flu. I fear my days - nay hours may be numbered.

Does give me a bloody good excuse to stay indoors while it's persisting down though!!!

People in TV and radio interviews who pronounce Brexit as though it's got a G in the middle of it!

Last edited:
Another annoying word....Brexmas.

Back