WAMT....what annoyed me today!

If next doors lad had 'issues' when young it is possible that such are life affecting i.e. don't disappear in adulthood.

We used to have a nearby neighbour whose son we understand was on the autism spectrum. She was a nice lady who on very rare occasions would drop a note in explaining (not that I recall noticing anything of concern?) if she thought he might have caused a problem.

In other words, best not to "rush to judgement"........though my OH's sister has a neighbour that has caused her much stress over the years :(

There's autism in my family and perhaps I'm on the spectrum too as I show some of the signs and always have or maybe I'm just a born awkward geek. Either way. I'm not quick to negatively judge others.

Having seen him through the years and heard him through the walls I do think there's something especially as it's lasted into young adulthood. His sister was also a worry to us but she's not a problem as she's rarely there these days. To see them interact as a family they look more like a cult to me than an ordinary family, even by my standards.

Whatever they are and whatever they get up to is for them. All I hope is that if there's any interest in Mrs WW it gets transferred to a GF or BF for that matter and if the interest and peaking is racially motivated they as a family keep it to themselves.

The taxpayers alliance has apparently discovered that the UK is giving or has given China just under £500,000 to teach them how to grow rice.

Besides the fact that China is a nuclear power with a space programme and much more money than us there's the suspicion that they've been growing rice for thousands of years. So I don't think they need our help or our money.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

I'd love to see whoever made this decision questioned at length about how this decision is justified and to what use £500,000 could be put to in... I don't know... maybe the Middlesbrough Redcar area. If anyone in that department has even heard of Middlesbrough or Redcar or relative poverty in the UK.

My Gosh. What a shower.

"You couldn't make this stuff up" - I suspect someone has done just that.
I have a few fridges going cheap here, if there are any Eskimo's reading this?

The taxpayers alliance has apparently discovered that the UK is giving or has given China just under £500,000 to teach them how to grow rice.

Besides the fact that China is a nuclear power with a space programme and much more money than us there's the suspicion that they've been growing rice for thousands of years. So I don't think they need our help or our money.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

I'd love to see whoever made this decision questioned at length about how this decision is justified and to what use £500,000 could be put to in... I don't know... maybe the Middlesbrough Redcar area. If anyone in that department has even heard of Middlesbrough or Redcar or relative poverty in the UK.

My Gosh. What a shower.
Source? These things (a bit like many of Boris’ alleged EU rules) if not completely made up are usually a twisted version of something :(.

Source? These things (a bit like many of Boris’ alleged EU rules) if not completely made up are usually a twisted version of something :(.
Am I your secretary? Google and you'll see it. Part of an £80M+ package.

:thinking: Nearest emoticon I can find for ‘speechless’, or maybe :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I did Google it and I found a joint UK/China initiative for food research where researchers had to bid for finance and show how the research would benefit the UK (among other things to be shown).

I did Google it and I found a joint UK/China initiative for food research where researchers had to bid for finance and show how the research would benefit the UK (among other things to be shown).

Try again. If you try really hard you can miss it again. It's being reported by multiply news agencies although the original piece was apparently a coop with Daily Mail.

Also money for the Chinese opera and a new mascot, amongst other things. So they say.

PS.
Taxpayers alliance has a facebook page and it's on there somewhere but as I'm not on FB I don't like looking as I get bombarded with popup things.

Last edited:
say.

PS.
Taxpayers alliance has a facebook page and it's on there somewhere but as I'm not on FB I don't like looking as I get bombarded with popup things.
Some things you can’t make up :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Try again. If you try really hard you can miss it again. It's being reported by multiply news agencies although the original piece was apparently a coop with Daily Mail.

Also money for the Chinese opera and a new mascot, amongst other things. So they say.

PS.
From the Mail on Line via The Taxpayers Alliance:

"The British taxpayer was – incredibly – funding schemes in China three years ago to avert a global pandemic like coronavirus.
Almost £900,000 was funnelled there with the aim of preventing an outbreak."

I am not sure why that was "incredibly" or a waste of money. OK, they did not avert the pandemic but the attempt was surely a good use of money.

Reading more of the Mail article, money was spent on understanding various diseases, working on practical solutions to climate change and various other things that directly benefit the UK and the rest of the world.

I am not afraid to give a link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8979563/UK-gives-81-MILLION-taxpayers-cash-year-CHINA.html . Read past the headlines to actually understand what is happening.

Last edited:
"The British taxpayer was – incredibly – funding schemes in China three years ago to avert a global pandemic like coronavirus.
As were the US until Trump stopped it all at the start of the pandemic, it’s hard to understand :banghead: . I suppose it’s a bit like the nutcases who think Bill Gates started the pandemic because he’s been warning about it for years. Blaming the messenger.

I am not sure why that was "incredibly" or a waste of money. OK, they did not avert the pandemic but the attempt was surely a good use of money.
I reckon it got lost in translation what the money was for, we gave them the money to avert it, they thought we wanted to buy it. ;)

When YOU post something and someone asks YOU for YOUR source, it's up to YOU to provide YOUR source.

It all gets a bit too predictable though doesn't it?

Post something contentious and people will call for sources and if supplied they'll immediately state that the source isn't credible. So how many sources are needed and which are acceptable and which are not? Maybe it's best to let people Google for themselves, if they're interested and open minded they'll invest 5 minutes Googling rather than 10 minutes arguing the toss.

This story isn't hard to find and despite Johns protestations above the claim about rice and mascots doesn't require much digging to find.

Reading more of the Mail article, money was spent on understanding various diseases, working on practical solutions to climate change and various other things that directly benefit the UK and the rest of the world.

I am not afraid to give a link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8979563/UK-gives-81-MILLION-taxpayers-cash-year-CHINA.html . Read past the headlines to actually understand what is happening.

This doesn't read like you read the page John, it reads like stopped once you'd selectively read what you wanted.

This doesn't read like you read the page John, it reads like stopped once you'd selectively read what you wanted.
We’ll never know because you haven’t quoted your source :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ideal opportunity to get my own back on my shift opposite. The clutch went on our test engine with an hour to go before the end of my shift. Why would that annoy me? He's off sick, so some innocent party will have to replace it in the morning.

We’ll never know because you haven’t quoted your source :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's in multiple places.

Believe it or not, it's up to you but I don't believe you can't find this on your own. Why you'd rather spend the time arguing the toss with me I no longer care.

Googling "UK aid China" will take maybe 15 seconds of your time and you can then click on a link or three. This will save endless arguing about sources.

There's the rice and mascot cases and the wider question of if the UK should be sending financial aid to China and others. You could argue that the Chinese regime ignores some sectors and that there is genuine need in China and a place for international aid even taking into account what China chooses to spend money on. I'd argue that there is genuine need in some of the more underprivileged areas of the UK and that more spending should be done here with persuasion being more appropriate to get China to prioritise need within their own borders.

PS.
Read the page John linked. How John can come to the conclusion he does if he read the whole page I simply don't know. Selective blindness perhaps.

Last edited:
It all gets a bit too predictable though doesn't it?

Post something contentious and people will call for sources and if supplied they'll immediately state that the source isn't credible. So how many sources are needed and which are acceptable and which are not? Maybe it's best to let people Google for themselves, if they're interested and open minded they'll invest 5 minutes Googling rather than 10 minutes arguing the toss.

This story isn't hard to find and despite Johns protestations above the claim about rice and mascots doesn't require much digging to find.

It doesn't matter. If you post something making any sort of claim, it's up to you to back it up. Comments like "Am I your secretary? Google and you'll see it." just come across as rude and arrogant.

HERMES are cr&p

I've ordered lots online over the last 4months. My Cottage is attached to the Farmhouse
guess where 90% of my items are delivered..?. ......Despite explicit directions to the courier

3 parcels were left, in the rain, at my gate when the driver was re-directed by the farmer...spite.? couldn't be &rsed.?

final straw yesterday
''Hermes has successfully delivered your Hermes parcel''...''and was left in your porch.'' NOT..!
''Here's where we left it..''
1606812230161.png

DO NOT USE HERMES..!

HERMES are cr&p

I've ordered lots online over the last 4months. My Cottage is attached to the Farmhouse
guess where 90% of my items are delivered..?. ......Despite explicit directions to the courier

3 parcels were left, in the rain, at my gate when the driver was re-directed by the farmer...spite.? couldn't be &rsed.?

final straw yesterday
''Hermes has successfully delivered your Hermes parcel''...''and was left in your porch.'' NOT..!
''Here's where we left it..''
View attachment 300454

DO NOT USE HERMES..!
Sorry to hear that I guess it partly depends on the driver but I had a Hermes delivery last week with no problems. I do find DPD to be the best overall though, especially for tracking.

It doesn't matter. If you post something making any sort of claim, it's up to you to back it up. Comments like "Am I your secretary? Google and you'll see it." just come across as rude and arrogant.

Its the sort of response you get from conspiracy nut jobs on Facebook... Really invalidates an argument if someone tells somebody else to find their source

Agree with @sphexx :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sorry to hear that I guess it partly depends on the driver but I had a Hermes delivery last week with no problems. I do find DPD to be the best overall though, especially for tracking.

Its like anything, I have had great service from BT but others will never use them. I had bad service once off PLusnet who are supposed to be good! DPD generally have been the best but Hermes ok too.

Its like anything, I have had great service from BT but others will never use them. I had bad service once off PLusnet who are supposed to be good! DPD generally have been the best but Hermes ok too.
Do NOT start me off on BT, you would not believe some of the problems I’ve had with them :).

Do NOT start me off on BT, you would not believe some of the problems I’ve had with them :).
Source?
:D

TBH I too had serious issue with them over a time period but eventually they were all sorted, damaged cable to property,
but that took them nearly a year to discover it!
I was well compensated too, both financially and very reduced BB rate for 18 months.
So I'm happy (y)

It should of been a nice morning helping my mum, but NO way. She said if I don't buy her any more wine she does not want to see me anymore. While she is on some medication for her dementia I have stopped getting it for her, so once she calms down I will phone her and say take it up with the doctor and if they say it's ok then I will get some. But as it was the hospital who said she should not drink, then tough mum :mad::mad::mad:

Well sorry to say it had to be done as my health is crap at the moment, my mum has been phoning us 24/7 and as I need to sort out my health I have just had to get in touch with Virgin Media and change our landline number. I just can't help mum everyday at all plus she has carers, but we get it in the ear all the time and I never thought Id change our number because of mum phoning. Spent over an hour on the phone to VM just to get to talk to a human being, but thank god we get a new number in 24 hours.

DSC_0283.JPG

Woke up this morning to find my bird feeder has had a bad night... The rope on the food candle has also snapped.

Either I'm over feeding my birds and they are getting a bit fat or something quite large has been at the food :ROFLMAO:

At least squirrels exist...

Royal mail ...
I found a "sorry you were not in" card, this morning
with the too big for letter box, box, ticked..

Strike 1) I was in at the time stated, ( last evening) so they never knocked.
Strike 2) there is a notice next to the knocker and above the ( taped up) bell saying any items too big for letter box can be left XXXX
so far everyone has managed it.
Strike 3) It is an eBay item, with tracking, it seems it was delivered last night ..

Don't you just hate it when the don't have the parcel just a "red card"?

View attachment 300951

Woke up this morning to find my bird feeder has had a bad night... The rope on the food candle has also snapped.

Either I'm over feeding my birds and they are getting a bit fat or something quite large has been at the food :ROFLMAO:

Bad luck.

We had a similar thing happen. I cut off a section of the broken metal tube, fixed it to a post in the garden and used one of these - https://www.birdfood.co.uk/plastic-pole-plug - to support a feeder.

Dave

Royal mail ...
I found a "sorry you were not in" card, this morning
with the too big for letter box, box, ticked..

Strike 1) I was in at the time stated, ( last evening) so they never knocked.
Strike 2) there is a notice next to the knocker and above the ( taped up) bell saying any items too big for letter box can be left XXXX
so far everyone has managed it.
Strike 3) It is an eBay item, with tracking, it seems it was delivered last night ..

Don't you just hate it when the don't have the parcel just a "red card"?

Mrs Tringa got an email yesterday from Royal Mail informing her that they tried to deliver a parcel the day before at 3:26pm.

That would have been annoying enough as

(a) we were in at 3:26pm, and
(b) we have a dog and there is no chance anyone could knock at the door without him going berserk(he often barks when people close car doors)

but the email also said they could not deliver the parcel because the address was inaccessible.

We live in a terraced house with a small completely open front garden!

Dave

Mrs Tringa got an email yesterday from Royal Mail informing her that they tried to deliver a parcel the day before at 3:26pm.

That would have been annoying enough as

(a) we were in at 3:26pm, and
(b) we have a dog and there is no chance anyone could knock at the door without him going berserk(he often barks when people close car doors)

but the email also said they could not deliver the parcel because the address was inaccessible.

We live in a terraced house with a small completely open front garden!

Dave

Lot of these going about, it's a scam so go careful if you click any links

It gets better, I happened to be looking out the window as a white van drove onto the grass verge, and drove off again without
slowing down.
I have just received an email "Hermes Missed you" WTF?

There is no other details in the email though ..

Back