WBMT.....What baffled me today

One of the blokes at work has the ability to fill a corridor with his BO, the smell lingers even after he has gone. I have turned into a corridor as he has exited the other end and been overpowered by the smell straight away.
The other bloke is just a grubby 24yr old who you'd think was about 34.

Went to press the like button, but that just didn't seem right given the content

Amazon FFS!

I ordered something, this Weds. ( a couple of days ago) and went for the free delivery.
Estimated delivery next Tues / Weds. Fine no problem, no rush.
I then get an email last night, that its due for delivery today, cool (y)
As I was likely to be out anyway I had already nominated my "safe place" ..
I got home to find a card through the door....

"You were out, item left with your neighbour at No. xx"
WTF?
That was a waste of electrons then :rolleyes:

At least they left it somewhere other than a depot where you have to collect it at your inconvenience! :D
I suppose that's true, it started "life" 20 odd miles from me :rolleyes:

Ooooo......that reminds me, I've got this shed coming

from....Spain

I will be absolutely amazed if it doesn't turn in to a complete clusterf***k

"The responsible courier Ontime/Schenker that delkivers your shed are indicating that your shipping address is incomplete/incorrect."

"The courier also adds, "that street does not exist in Leeds, EAST ARDSLEY is a city, not a street"

:rolleyes:

Its like a precursor to impending doom, don't they got google maps or anything

from....Spain

"The responsible courier Ontime/Schenker that delkivers your shed are indicating that your shipping address is incomplete/incorrect."

"The courier also adds, "that street does not exist in Leeds, EAST ARDSLEY is a city, not a street"

Courier has input validation, they've put the details in the wrong fields. Happens all the time to me at work and can be a nightmare to sort out unless you're familiar with whatever country's address formatting and speak the language. Can also be a ballache with prefilled addresses - take Nectar for example. I can't update my details because when you choose your address it prefills the form, but fill it in the wrong fields so like your address, fails validation and I can't continue, however there is no way to edit the prefilled info to put it in the right boxes!

Nobody else needs anything more than a postcode and house number, villages city's and county's seem to be additional information that in the end serve only to confuse, I wouldn't imagine they'd need any of that yet they are requested fields.
Anyway, its 7 to 10 days and today is day 7, I expect a phone call next week at a time when nobody is home from a bloke I can't understand, lost on route...:hungover:

Nobody else needs anything more than a postcode and house number, villages city's and county's seem to be additional information that in the end serve only to confuse, I wouldn't imagine they'd need any of that yet they are requested fields.
Anyway, its 7 to 10 days and today is day 7, I expect a phone call next week at a time when nobody is home from a bloke I can't understand, lost on route...:hungover:

Incorrect. My road and two other small cul-de-sacs either side share a single postcode.

NHS starting an amnesty on crutches that are not being used anymore to be returned.

I work opposite the local NHS/local county council social care provider of crutches/zimmer frames/commodes/physio mats/all other similar equipment and they throw away 2 to 4 roll on/roll off skips (I.e. full lorry loads) of this equipment every week as they cannot re-issue it once used...

NHS starting an amnesty on crutches that are not being used anymore to be returned.

I work opposite the local NHS/local county council social care provider of crutches/zimmer frames/commodes/physio mats/all other similar equipment and they throw away 2 to 4 roll on/roll off skips (I.e. full lorry loads) of this equipment every week as they cannot re-issue it once used...

We also thought this was a "turnaround" compared to some years back. SWMBO broke her ankle back in 2010 or 11??? Following her recovery she either asked about or read that the crutches were non returnable. Try to offer them to the local Red Cross place where loaned some other items to aid her during the recovery but they declined because they quote "had a cupboard full that no one needs because the NHS gave patients new ones........."

Someone somewhere in the gov and the NHS needs to really look at this closely to decide what & where the cost savings will work.........cos it ain't joined up thinking right now and has not been for many years!!! :(

I wonder how much the NHS pay for a pair of crutches. On Amazon, they're around £15 per pair so I'd hope it's rather less than that, although I expect it's somewhat more!

It seems there is a new trick on the block,
it's only just started to happen, on the routes that I drive, but I'm sure you will tell me otherwise ...
Picture this ...
There are 2 roundabouts, about 100 miles apart, dual carnage-way, going in, dual [sic] carriageway going out, 4 exits including the approach,
near side lane clearly marked turn left or straight on.
off side lane clearly marked turn right or straight on,
Part way around the right hand lane splits to 2 lanes to allow those turning right to be unhampered by those going straight on.

The "trick"? those in the left hand lane want what is now the middle lane, those that get in the 3rd lane now want what was the outside lane for straight on.
I had a family saloon try and take my spot in what is now the middle lane and she looked baffled when I lent on the hooter to tell her this is bad idea.

The SUV that went to the 3rd turn right only lane ( its clearly marked with arrows) also wanted the space that I was occupying!
He actually did stop, rather than hit the metal barrier head on that separated each side of the carriageway, though.
WTF is wrong with these people?

it's only just started to happen, on the routes that I drive, but I'm sure you will tell me otherwise ...
Picture this ...
There are 2 roundabouts, about 100 miles apart, dual carnage-way, going in, dual [sic] carriageway going out, 4 exits including the approach,
Part way around the right hand lane splits to 2 lanes to allow those turning right to be unhampered by those going straight on.

The "trick"? those in the left hand lane want what is now the middle lane, those that get in the 3rd lane now want what was the outside lane for straight on.
I had a family saloon try and take my spot in what is now the middle lane and she looked baffled when I lent on the hooter to tell her this is bad idea.

The SUV that went to the 3rd turn right only lane ( its clearly marked with arrows) also wanted the space that I was occupying!
He actually did stop, rather than hit the metal barrier head on that separated each side of the carriageway, though.

:D

Picture this ...

Growth in the disease of poor lane discipline combined with the increasingly appalling "entitled society". The poor lane control also extends to roundabouts without lanes where as drivers we should drive "round" them where more than one lane of traffic exists.

Like you I have seen and annoyingly been in the situation you describe of using the horn.......to be looked at like WTF are you doing this is my space!!!!!

I would sum it as the behaviour of inconsiderate b*starts :(

There are many examples of things being more expensive in the south of England compared to the north, so I was amazed to be paying 131.9/l for petrol in North Yorkshire last week.
I'm currently paying 126.7/l around here.

There are many examples of things being more expensive in the south of England compared to the north, so I was amazed to be paying 131.9/l for petrol in North Yorkshire last week.
I'm currently paying 126.7/l around here.
Seems middle England is getting crucified yet again ;) its about £1.32-£1.34 around here, some places are charging £1.45 for diesel out towards the East £1.39 for petrol.

Seems middle Earth is getting crucified yet again ;) its about £1.32-£1.34 around here, some places are charging £1.45 for diesel out towards the Shire £1.39 for petrol.

FTFY ;)

Last edited:
Similar to pipe-weed.

Seems middle England is getting crucified yet again ;) its about £1.32-£1.34 around here, some places are charging £1.45 for diesel out towards the East £1.39 for petrol.
I only buy the good stuff (Shell V - Power) and rarely look at the price. Last time I looked I think it was £1.44/L, may have been even more last time I filled up.

I only buy the good stuff (Shell V - Power) and rarely look at the price.
Serious question, do you really need to pay about 15p l more?

As for that heavy 35 second oil commonly know as Derv in the trade,
I still look at the price even though I have a works fuel card and its not my problem (y)

I think it's only about 7-8p more than Shells 95RON petrol.
And shell is probably the most expensive, well it is around here anyway ;)
But the question should have been is it REALLY worth it?

And shell is probably the most expensive, well it is around here anyway ;)
But the question should have been is it REALLY worth it?
Yes it's worth it, whilst the car will run ok on 95RON, 98RON is much better, less knock so spark doesn't retard, gives a cleaner burn, produces more power, more economical when driven normally, also as there is very little land between the piston crown and the top piston ring groove, excessive knock can destroy pistons so running on 98RON means there is a lot less likelihood of that happening. If BP still sold 102RON on their forecourts I would be buying that instead.

Asda fuel in Leeds is 126, its well into the 130's for Shell, BP, whatever

Used to have a Suzuki sport that preferred/recommended 98RON or higher, with my SO being completely anal about what fuel went in it, it was a right cow finding any super unleaded around Newquay, planning the logistics of a 45 minute drive and related economy cost was a pita.
Don't have that car anymore, my life is too short and little Miss prickly draws has one less thing to be prickly about...:D

from....Spain

24lucnm.jpg

Event Event Description Event Date Location

MAN Departed 2018/10/05 21:54 Paris (Gennevilliers)
ENM Arrived 2018/10/05 15:29 Paris (Gennevilliers)
MAN Departed 2018/10/04 14:58 Madrid
ENT Booked 2018/10/04 10:58 Madrid
DET Delivered to Terminal by Shipper 2018/10/04 10:58 Madrid

Baffled
Baffled how it comes to be at least 2 weeks underestimated
Baffled why its going to a postcode that doesn't exist
shoulda just done the extra £150 and bought it from England, tightwad...:(

They say the most worthless job in the world is fitting indicators to a BMW.

I disagree, its painting white lines and directional arrows on roads and roundabouts!

WBMT?
A large major junction on the A11, roundabout, it flows well, occasionally on a Friday afternoon, there can be half a mile tail back, but it soon clears.
This morning, bloody traffic lights on said roundabout ... 06:30 and traffic is already queuing :rolleyes:

That baffles the people who have to look after the traffic as well. There's one roundabout that used to work very well as a non-traffic-light one until it got 'lighted, since when it can be a PITA. Works very well when the lights are out. Doesn't help when twunts stop in the yellow boxed areas either.

That baffles the people who have to look after the traffic as well. There's one roundabout that used to work very well as a non-traffic-light one until it got 'lighted, since when it can be a PITA. Works very well when the lights are out. Doesn't help when twunts stop in the yellow boxed areas either.
We have a cross roads with traffic lights in our town centre which during rush hour will be congested from 3 directions. When the traffic lights fail the traffic moves freely and no congestion.

Here, there's a traffic island on the A249 (at junction 5 of the M2) which has traffic lights on 2 sections.
There used to be no lights.
It's an absolute disaster.
The days when the lights fail are a real treat.
I've taken to cutting through back lanes to come out further down the A249, beyond that island, just to avoid it.

On Monday I was waiting at a bus stop in Nairn and saw this timetable for the bus 11C.

All the other timetables list the times at which the buses should arrive at the stop.

I can understand a service that runs only on Sundays but I can't work out why the only bus of the day arrives at the stop just before 11pm.

Dave

On Monday I was waiting at a bus stop in Nairn and saw this timetable for the bus 11C.

All the other timetables list the times at which the buses should arrive at the stop.

I can understand a service that runs only on Sundays but I can't work out why the only bus of the day arrives at the stop just before 11pm.

Dave

Because the driver is on his way home to the bus depot and the powers that be thought they would take advantage of him passing through Nairn?

Because the driver is on his way home to the bus depot and the powers that be thought they would take advantage of him passing through Nairn?

If that's what happened then I wonder what the bus was doing the rest of the day - parked up waiting to set off and get to this stop at 2258, perhaps :confused:

Dave

Seriously?
They are laying cables at the end of my road, it certainly looks like FTTP works.
A "works" notice dropped through my door, and my assumptions were correct!
In conjunction with Voda fone, city works are laying fiber cables to increase you BB speeds.
1000Mbs yes that is the correct number of zero's
Why would you need it?

But I'll say one thing for MK they may promise stuff years ahead of its time, but they get there eventually!

WBMT?
actually a couple of days ago now, I just remembered ..
I was passing a field in Cambs. 6 wind turbines, 4 out of the 6 were turning, there was not a breath of wind, smoke from the near by factory was going straight up, how does that work then?

Back