WBMT.....What baffled me today

I was passing a field in Cambs. 6 wind turbines, 4 out of the 6 were turning, there was not a breath of wind, smoke from the near by factory was going straight up, how does that work then?
hamster wheel 2.gif
Backup system.

WBMT?
actually a couple of days ago now, I just remembered ..
I was passing a field in Cambs. 6 wind turbines, 4 out of the 6 were turning, there was not a breath of wind, smoke from the near by factory was going straight up, how does that work then?
It doesn't take a lot of wind to turn them. The ones at Ford's Dagenham engine plant turn quite easily also.

, there was not a breath of wind, smoke from the near by factory was going straight up, how does that work then?
Perhaps the wind was going straight up too. ;)

Perhaps the wind was going straight up too. ;)
I've seen these things being built and there are big heavy cables going to them, obviously used to power the rotor blades when there is no wind.
We have enough wind in this country without have to farm ( produce) more :p

Wind turbines have a remarkably narrow window of operation.
Any real wind and they shut them down.
Inefficient, but "sexy" to the masses.

Inefficient, but "sexy" to the masses.
You know that I won't be able to pass one now without calling it "Kardashian" don't you? :D

The good news is today the wind was howling and the turbines turning,
Seems "farming" wind is producing results at last (y)
Now, if they could just back off a tad, that'd be great :D

Last edited:
WBMT?
The fact that Halfords thought I was going to pay £8 per unit,
to have the headlight bulbs I bought, fitted

latest.gif

That's one reason you see so many cars on 1 headlight.

With my last car it depended on the bulb, two were absolute s***s to fit, so Halfords got the pleasure...the rest i did quite happily. The current car hasn’t needed so far.

That's one reason you see so many cars on 1 headlight.
And mine failed in the worse place possible, dark country road no street lights, hissing down with rain, very limited visibility :(

At least on dark back roads you can be on full beam a bit more than busier main roads. I bet it was your off-side one that went.

At least on dark back roads you can be on full beam
I didn't say they were back roads, just dark country roads, the A141 out of Huntington, heading for March.
I bet it was your off-side one that went.
You lose :D

I often do! One benefit of only losing the nearside light is that your corner closest to oncoming traffic is still brightly lit.

One benefit of only losing the nearside light is that your corner closest to oncoming traffic is still brightly lit.
but the no kerb verge into a "Drain" is in darkness :D

Alcohol-free cider sold by Tesco is a restricted item you have to be over 25 to purchase. :rolleyes:

WBMT....No-one seems to polish shoes anymore.
They seem to wear them until they look knackered and then bin them.

I do! Well, the leather ones anyway.

WBMT....No-one seems to polish shoes anymore.
They seem to wear them until they look knackered and then bin them.

I still "polish" my shoes but I use that liquid stuff. As a kid growing up, I was expected to clean and polish my school shoes on a weekly basis. My last pair of shoes were 7 years old before I binned them.

My shoes have got to be over 10yrs old, get worn once a year if that and have never been polished.

Years ago, I went out with a girl whose dad was a painter decorator. He never polished his shoes, he just gave them a fresh coat of black paint. :)

My shoes have got to be over 10yrs old, get worn once a year if that and have never been polished.
Obviously talking about shoes that are actually worn.

Years ago, I went out with a girl whose dad was a painter decorator. He never polished his shoes, he just gave them a fresh coat of black paint. :)
Classy.

Why don't keyboards have a reverse case key. You mash away one fingered at the keyboard , lookup after a while just to see you had the caps lock on. You should be able to highlight it all and press a key to reverse case it.

Use the stupid scroll lock key since that hasn't been used since the 70s for DOS screens.

Why don't keyboards have a reverse case key. You mash away one fingered at the keyboard , lookup after a while just to see you had the caps lock on. You should be able to highlight it all and press a key to reverse case it.

Use the stupid scroll lock key since that hasn't been used since the 70s for DOS screens.

I used to use a Word Processor in the DOS days (memory fails but might have been called WordStar or similar) which had a function key that changed the case of the current letter and moved to the next, so you could just hold down that key and it would do exactly as you say, reverse the case.

WBMT, and every other day I make a "case" mistake while typing is why every other word processor doesn't have this feature as standard, seems so obvious and useful, not only if you accidentally put scroll lock on.

(and yes I know I can record a macro to do this ...)

All the keyboards I have that have detachable keys have the CapsLk key removed (and taped to the top right of the keyboard so I don't lose it!). I'm a slow typist at the best of times so keeping a finger on the Shift key doesn't slow me down and if I really need CapsLk, I can use a paperclip to activate it. I kept hitting the CapsLk key when I went for the A and got fed up with having to delete a few words.

Why can't they coat car windows with whatever wing mirrors are coated with. Mirrors never seem to get frosted up so it could save us scraping away on cold mornings.

So you still can't see through them, but if you get out, you can admire your (frost free) reflection in the windscreen?

Why can't they coat car windows with whatever wing mirrors are coated with. Mirrors never seem to get frosted up so it could save us scraping away on cold mornings.
Speak for yourself. My wing mirrors get either fogged up or iced over in winter. Having heated wing mirrors (which I imagine is now standard across all cars) has been a boon.

I tend to only have such residents during the summer months. Unless of course they are hibernating behind the glass during winter.
I used mine several times in the last couple of months going to work. It's not unusual to come out at home time to find a fresh web between the window and the mirror.
It must be like having central heating for them.

So I can’t take cutlery (knife) on a plane but I can take one from the restaurant post security or even use the ones when I get served a meal on board!!!

M11 slip road (off ramp) top of the slip road, major road crossing, so its controlled by lights,
Green "my side" the Astra in front of me, nearly wiped out a cyclist that red lights apparently don't apply to!

WBMT? I thought that traffic lights applied to everyone, obvious I missed that particular up date on the highway code.

I've seen pedestrians telling cyclists waiting at red lights that they don't need to, 'cos lights don't apply to them.
If they've been told and believe that, there must be cyclists that do too.

I've also seen a teen on a BMX go through a red light on a cross roads non-handed (hands in pockets).
A car with right-of-way clipped his back wheel, and he landed on his face, so Darwin is at least trying to address the problem.

Darwin is at least trying to address the problem.
Unfortunately Cars weren't around when Darwin wrote his theory of evolution, and its now the car drivers fault :(

Even when the car is stopped and the psycholist riding along the pavement goes into the side of them.

Yes it was foggy, but why did the car following me only have it's fog lamps on ?
Found out later when they did finally turn the headlights in, o/s headlight out :rolleyes:

On my car you can't have the front fog lights unless you also have dipped headlights (y)

Back